Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:40:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not expect value-based investors in China to hold a bottom  (Read 2450 times)
zhangweiwu (OP)

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:07:41 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 03:28:24 PM by zhangweiwu

I explained this view many times. Even the weathered players on the market are opportunists, vary on degree. Going to fall hard for days, not a splash-fall-and-back-soon. Price difference between China and Bitsamp is only 4.23% - last Government ban caused a 20% difference.

P.S. I reserved 200,000CNY for this predictable fiasco - at the time the price reach 4000, I think a Chinese ban flash-crash would reach 3300CNY so I placed bid there. It was triggered in the precursor cash (a few d ays ago when Bank of China romoured to ban), now with the real crash I wasn't prepared. Pity, because now I expect it fall below 2500CNY.

My (old) column about Bitcoin & China: http://bitcoinblog.de/tag/zhangweiwuengl/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:27:41 PM

Every time your country panic sells, we buy.  Pretty soon, the majority of BTC will be back in U.S. hands.  And long term, the U.S. will have the predominate amount of bitcoin holders of any other country.

So yeah China, please keep panic selling.  The new currency war has begun!!  <insert dramatic musical score here>

Grin
romang

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:31:59 PM

Every time your country panic sells, we buy.  Pretty soon, the majority of BTC will be back in U.S. hands.  And long term, the U.S. will have the predominate amount of bitcoin holders of any other country.

So yeah China, please keep panic selling.  The new currency war has begun!!  <insert dramatic musical score here>

Grin

Finnaly reverse trade for USA

zhangweiwu (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:33:27 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 04:15:33 PM by zhangweiwu

Every time your country panic sells, we buy.  Pretty soon, the majority of BTC will be back in U.S. hands.  And long term, the U.S. will have the predominate amount of bitcoin holders of any other country.

Indeed it is a buying opportunity. Unfortunately if all coins change hands, that justifies China government's fear of Bitcoin as a western ideology and thus is a road-block of the next 5 year's bitcoin development in the world - that is, if this government managed to exist for another 5 years.

My (old) column about Bitcoin & China: http://bitcoinblog.de/tag/zhangweiwuengl/
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:37:50 PM

lol @ value investors. The Chinese are the biggest bag holders of bitcoin, once the fiat restriction is confirmed by the PBOC they will all panic sell.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:00:17 PM

For now, $$$ prices are pretty ugly too.
Good news (from somewhere) will come and prices will rise.

Brassguy

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:05:19 PM

China has no choice but to ban bitcoin, and anything else that allows the Chinese people to hedge their wealth internationally that can't be easily seized. If the Chinese government didn't have strict capital controls they wouldn't be able to keep the Yuan's value pegged to another currency.

The scary thing for government-backed currencies is that bitcoin(read cryptomoney) allows for capital flight, in a major way, from their currency in the blink of an eye... much faster than they could ever respond. Granted, the entire cryptomoney space isn't that big in global economic terms, but in a few years it may be big enough to allow for the possibility of complete collapse of a government currency in hours, or less.

15xNxXy2PfFv3rz8rnfkV6L7WQiwuYax2K
zhangweiwu (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:06:58 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 04:18:53 PM by zhangweiwu

Of course $$$ price is so beauitful (520) now, or how do you guys usurp the bloody Chinese coins? Arbitrageurs are shiping the coins nights and days to keep USD price down. Just keep buying, if you drop the ball the ball is dropped forever. There will be more Chinese coins to dump. I just don't feel right that the ban only caused 15% drop in price.

When I say 'bloody Chinese coins' I mean it. Quote myself:
I endeavoured to travel hundreds miles away to Xi'an for last weekend's bitcoin event ( www.yangyang.tv hosted it). Given time I'd write a full report, but in this forum of speculators a few words of sentiments should suffice.
.... snip ...
In the event, any time not spent on discussing security and mining, are spent on discussing margin trading. 3 of the 4 top Chinese exchanges are offering margin trading: they are: chbtc, huobi, okcoin. The one not offering margin trading, but instead offered liquidity rebate (a measurement to stablize price, opposite to margin trading) is BTCChina.  To my surprise, only a few are geeks, and that many non-geek participants in the Xi'an event look as if they scrapes by. To think these are the ones engaging margin trading frightens me.

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:09:13 PM

Every time your country panic sells, we buy...

You really don't have to let them in on that, you know!  Cheesy  

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:12:45 PM

Every time your country panic sells, we buy.  Pretty soon, the majority of BTC will be back in U.S. hands.  And long term, the U.S. will have the predominate amount of bitcoin holders of any other country.

So yeah China, please keep panic selling.  The new currency war has begun!!  <insert dramatic musical score here>

Grin

Are you living on fkn Mars? It seems to me that everytime that China panic sells, Bitstamp panic sells 5 minutes later.

.....or am I missing something about that China lead $580 - $505 price slide?

Clown.  Cheesy

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:15:27 PM

So yeah China, please keep panic selling.  The new currency war has begun!!  <insert dramatic musical score here>

Grin

Are you living on fkn Mars? It seems to me that everytime that China panic sells, Bitstamp panic sells 5 minutes later.

.....or am I missing something about that China lead $580 - $505 price slide?

Clown.  Cheesy

That is very likly arbitrage that's going on.....  Force price down on Chinese exhange.. buy.. sell on others.. prices level out.. rinse repeate.
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:27:28 PM

That is very likly arbitrage that's going on.....  Force price down on Chinese exhange.. buy.. sell on others.. prices level out.. rinse repeate.

I understand the concept and realise that there will be individuals set up to take advantage of arbitrage across all the major exchange which is why traders on each exchange tend to follow activity on the other exchanges, cos if they don't act in accordance with activity on other exchanges, then the arbitragers will and will get bigger profits and they will lose. Considering that most trading is done by bots that will be pre-configured to respond to correlative price action on other exchanges, and this relationship becomes even concrete.

So, we have this very simply understood relationship between CNY Bitcoin and USD Bitcoin, yet there are still fkn clowns like Torque around who feel the need to hit forums with their defiant tough talk.....that completely flies in the face of the present and historic reality.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:36:38 PM

That is very likly arbitrage that's going on.....  Force price down on Chinese exhange.. buy.. sell on others.. prices level out.. rinse repeate.

I understand the concept and realise that there will be individuals set up to take advantage of arbitrage across all the major exchange which is why traders on each exchange tend to follow activity on the other exchanges, cos if they don't act in accordance with activity on other exchanges, then the arbitragers will and will get bigger profits and they will lose. Considering that most trading is done by bots that will be pre-configured to respond to correlative price action on other exchanges, and this relationship becomes even concrete.

So, we have this very simply understood relationship between CNY Bitcoin and USD Bitcoin, yet there are still fkn clowns like Torque around who feel the need to hit forums with their defiant tough talk.....that completely flies in the face of the present and historic reality.

Ok, that's really it for me MattTheCat.  If anyone is a fkn Clown on this forum, it's you.  You throw your weight around this forum like you are some big shit, and constantly feel the need to level profanities at anyone you don't agree with.  Well fuck you.  I've watched you over the past several months botch trades, call bottoms that never came, fk up leverages that didn't swing in your favor.  Hell I'm no day trader, but I've cleaned your clock just selling at $850, patiently waiting 2 months (while you continued to day trade and barely scrape by), and buying back at $550 and again at $520.  No one here respects your opinion because you are always picking fights and acting like a complete asshat.

If you don't like what's going on in the bitcoin world or on this forum, then my advice is to get out of the bitcointalk forum, sell everything, fuck off and go back to snorting coke or whatever it is that you do for a fkn hobby.
threecats

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:49:39 PM

Of course $$$ price is so beauitful (520) now, or how do you guys usurp the bloody Chinese coins? Arbitrageurs are shiping the coins nights and days to keep USD price down. Just keep buying, if you drop the ball the ball is dropped forever. There will be more Chinese coins to dump. I just don't feel right that the ban only caused 15% drop in price.

When I say 'bloody Chinese coins' I mean it. Quote myself:
I endeavoured to travel hundreds miles away to Xi'an for last weekend's bitcoin event ( www.yangyang.tv hosted it). Given time I'd write a full report, but in this forum of speculators a few words of sentiments should suffice.
.... snip ...
In the event, any time not spent on discussing security and mining, are spent on discussing margin trading. 3 of the 4 top Chinese exchanges are offering margin trading: they are: chbtc, huobi, okcoin. The one not offering margin trading, but instead offered liquidity rebate (a measurement to stablize price, opposite to margin trading) is BTCChina.  To my surprise, only a few are geeks, and that many non-geek participants in the Xi'an event look as if they scrapes by. To think these are the ones engaging margin trading frightens me.

Hey, just wanted to say, thanks for your contributions to this forum, it is great having someone from China speak openly across the divide. I always read your posts very closely.
segeln

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:52:09 PM

Ok, that's really it for me MattTheCat.  If anyone is a fkn Clown on this forum, it's you.  You throw your weight around this forum like you are some big shit, and constantly feel the need to level profanities at anyone you don't agree with.  Well fuck you.  I've watched you over the past several months botch trades, call bottoms that never came, fk up leverages that didn't swing in your favor.  Hell I'm no day trader, but I've cleaned your clock just selling at $850, patiently waiting 2 months (while you continued to day trade and barely scrape by), and buying back at $550 and again at $520.  No one here respects your opinion because you are always picking fights and acting like a complete asshat.

If you don't like what's going on in the bitcoin world or on this forum, then my advice is to get out of the bitcointalk forum, sell everything, fuck off and go back to snorting coke or whatever it is that you do for a fkn hobby.
I agree,but I strokethrough words I do`nt like and I do`nt use
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:53:31 PM

Bitcoin will be 200 soon
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:54:27 PM

damn
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:00:19 PM

+1
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:18:02 PM

No one here respects your opinion because you are always picking fights and acting like a complete asshat.

LOL!

You wouldn't be so mad, if things were going your way and your little paradigm was intact......but they aren't, and it isn't and this will continue to be the case over the coming time period.

If I can help just one person here from being such a self-deluding retard, then I am doing the work that the good lord intended for me to do.

I bid you good day.

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:30:53 PM

No one here respects your opinion because you are always picking fights and acting like a complete asshat.

LOL!

You wouldn't be so mad, if things were going your way and your little paradigm was intact......but they aren't, and it isn't and this will continue to be the case over the coming time period.

If I can help just one person here from being such a self-deluding retard, then I am doing the work that the good lord intended for me to do.

I bid you good day.

You might be better received with a little more tact.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: