Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:42:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I run my own unofficial contest? Or it must be endorsed by someone  (Read 183 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Bitcoin SV (OP)

Activity: 626
Merit: 234

View Profile
February 17, 2022, 02:43:54 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2022, 02:54:06 PM by Bitcoin SV

Contests such as the one you linked to (or at least your discussion of the Bitcointalk Community Awards) aren't official as far as I know, i.e., they're not being sanctioned by Theymos--please correct me if I'm wrong--
It's not official, but the fact that it shows up as News on top of this page makes me believe it is at least endorsed. Let me put it this way: promoting the use of a custom Trust list never made it to that level (although I believe it should).
I don't understand that enigmatic answers.

Just in accordance with the above, asking the community, can I run my own unofficial contest for everyone? Or it must be endorsed by someone?

I want to conduct my honest competition (where merit distributing will be banned by contest conditions) so that there are no frauds.

I will only have fair original nominations suitable for ordinary people. Not for farmers & other DT parasites

The prize for the winners will be audience sympathy and recognition of their talents. Money won't be the prize here. Because where there is money, there is foul play.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16596

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2022, 02:52:32 PM

can I run my own unofficial contest for everyone?
Yes.
But it depends on the contest on which board you can run it: usually it's Games and rounds, Meta is a rare exception.

Or it must be endorsed by someone?
No.
the forum's mission to be as free as possible.
Within the rules, of course. On-forum altcoin giveaways for instance will get you banned.

I want to conduct my honest competition (where merit distributing will be banned by contest conditions) so that there are no frauds.
If joining requires a post, the user can't help it if someone Merits them.

I will only have fair original nominations suitable for ordinary people. Not for farmers & other DT parasites
I'm curious to see your list of requirements Cheesy

Bitcoin SV (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2022, 03:03:41 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2022, 03:14:12 PM by Bitcoin SV

Yes.
But it depends on the contest on which board you can run it: usually it's Games and rounds, Meta is a rare exception.
I plan to launch a contest at "reputation" board. Because all nominations will be based on the personal qualities and talents of a particular user

Everyone here knows each other who is the most honest, who is the smartest, who is the most original, who is the most unusual or funny. So the voters will not have problems with the definition

Don't worry, there will be no "troll of the year" categories. Only good nominations

I want to hold the first honest competition on this forum without paid sponsors

For the ordinary people who are tired of seeing how win these conspirators
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 4424

View Profile
February 18, 2022, 06:16:21 AM

It doesn't matter if money is involved or not, there will still be corruption. It may be on a smaller level due to the fact that money is not involved, but it will be there. The poll or questions asked will be irrelevant man. Not trying to persuade you not to run whatever contest you want, but the results will be tainted.

Why do you think whatever you run would be any different?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Bitcoin SV (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2022, 07:27:13 AM

It doesn't matter if money is involved or not, there will still be corruption. It may be on a smaller level due to the fact that money is not involved, but it will be there. The poll or questions asked will be irrelevant man. Not trying to persuade you not to run whatever contest you want, but the results will be tainted.

Why do you think whatever you run would be any different?
Corruption occurs only where money are involved. For these DT farmers, this competition will be a waste of time, and for ordinary people - will be healthy and interesting competition.

Although there is some truth in your words. What do you think, if prescribe in contest terms that "you can't vote" for DT-members - then high-ranking conspirators ones will not be able to influence more?
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16596

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2022, 08:41:39 AM

What do you think, if prescribe in contest terms that "you can't vote" for DT-members
Almost anyone is on DT nowadays, that's 600+ users you're excluding.

Bitcoin SV (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2022, 09:17:21 AM

What do you think, if prescribe in contest terms that "you can't vote" for DT-members
Almost anyone is on DT nowadays, that's 600+ users you're excluding.
Maybe. But, among non-DT users there are also many people who deserve respect
Bitcoin SV (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2022, 10:08:18 AM

Yes.
And here's an example of contest/nomination which happened on Meta board, BitcoinTalk Newbie of the Year 2021[Voting]. There's little attention though since OP didn't have enough experience.
Thanks. These newbies are very nice

But fast-pumped newbies can be alts of high-ranked DT conspirators. I do not trust newbies who immediately from the moment of registration surprising everyone with his success

I think it would be more honest to pay attention to long-term registered users who doesnt set themselves the goal of obtaining as many privileges and hail as possible, but those who give work advice in difficult times and do not arrange a ceremony of self-praising on every occasion.
SatoPrincess

Activity: 980
Merit: 703

View Profile
February 18, 2022, 07:17:56 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2022, 08:29:32 PM by SatoPrincess

Yes.

And here's an example of contest/nomination which happened on Meta board, BitcoinTalk Newbie of the Year 2021[Voting]. There's little attention though since OP didn't have enough experience.
My idea for the contest didn’t work out well, the nominees @n0nce, @kingsden, @nullama,@myn0nce, @EZ0010  and myself sati princess have grown since then. Some of these users were also nominated for discovery of the year award. The bitcointalk community awards by icopress is much better and has more categories, amazing prizes that makes it more interesting. It’s well organized imho and has already be successful done before. The bitcointalk community awards is kinda of a big deal, it was the topic of the first episode of the bitcoin talk YouTube show.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄