Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:12:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a pure crypto currency exchange?  (Read 3724 times)
PrintCoins (OP)

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 06:41:27 PM

Something that doesn't involve dollars.

Something where you can buy/sell bitcoins/litecoins/other.

I would imagine that this would be bureaucratically easier to set up than other exchanges since it isn't dealing with recognized money (it would be the equivalent of trading stuff in WoW).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 06:56:08 PM

https://exchange.bitparking.com/main

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2011, 06:56:28 PM

btc-e.com does a bunch of Bitcoin and Bitcoin knock-offs, but they also do USD and other national currencies.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 11:20:38 PM

btc-e.com does a bunch of Bitcoin and Bitcoin knock-offs, but they also do USD and other national currencies.

there have been some threads describing problems with them regarding USD and other currencies even so you may wish to take a closer look before sending funds.
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 11:42:59 PM

https://vircurex.com/
btc_artist

Activity: 154

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2011, 05:31:58 AM

there have been some threads describing problems with them regarding USD and other currencies even so you may wish to take a closer look before sending funds.
I don't disagree. When I used them a month ago, things worked. There were some glitches and waiting, but I got my coins exchanged and withdrawn.  At the moment, Vircurex is looking pretty good.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2011, 02:29:06 PM

Mine is currently in alpha testing, see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53329.0

No fiat currencies, it is only about digital stuff, not just blockchain based coins but also game units of account, commodities, real estate, whatever.

The fact that some or even most of the blockchain-based coins have places elsehwere that offer to change them into various kinds of fiat is an externality, dealing with fiat is a pain that I prefer to try to avoid.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
shamoons

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 10:54:58 PM

We're launching Crypto Street to do exactly this. To start off with, we'll have a handful of crypto currencies, but will slowly add as more currencies get traction. By creating a Crypto Currency Exchange, we feel that the market to traders and speculators will be significantly increased.
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2013, 10:56:25 PM

Cryptsy.com
BTER.com
MCXNow.com

(among the one already listed above).  There are numerous exchanges.
izz

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 11:52:35 PM

We're launching Crypto Street to do exactly this. To start off with, we'll have a handful of crypto currencies, but will slowly add as more currencies get traction. By creating a Crypto Currency Exchange, we feel that the market to traders and speculators will be significantly increased.

hey the site looks great, but how does it work/

you have accounts with all the exchanges, then you allow people to buy/sell directly from you and you execute the order on the best value exchange?
Then you guys just charge a little bit on top and people just pay the spread, which is where you make your money?
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 19, 2013, 12:04:06 AM

We're launching Crypto Street to do exactly this.

I see this is also dealing in USD and other government currencies, which is actually the exact opposite of what the OP asked for.
legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2013, 05:20:25 AM

Btc-e.com and vircurex is about as good as it gets.

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
Cyberdyne

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 20, 2013, 05:54:16 AM

Btc-e.com and vircurex is about as good as it gets.

Both of these also deal in USD markets.

Nova!

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 09:35:14 AM

Be very, very careful with that.  I was inches from launching a crypto exchange.  Even went so far as to make an announcement.  There were real investors on board and a real bank backing it.  Then we bumped up against this http://www.cftc.gov/ConsumerProtection/FraudAwarenessPrevention/ForeignCurrencyTrading/index.htm
The final rules include financial requirements designed to ensure the financial integrity of firms engaging in retail forex transactions and robust customer protections. For example, FCMs and RFEDs are required to maintain net capital of $20 million plus 5 percent of the amount, if any, by which liabilities to retail forex customers exceed $10 million. Leverage in retail forex customer accounts will be subject to a security deposit requirement to be set by the National Futures Association within limits provided by the Commission. All retail forex counterparties and intermediaries are required to distribute forex-specific risk disclosure statements to customers and comply with comprehensive recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
You would be a Retail Foreign Exchange Dealer (RFED) under this rule, if you do currency exchange business in the USA whether or not you are trading USD, you will now need to register with the CFTC as well as the Treasury Department.  Failure to meet all of their requirements can cause your entire business to be ended and your assets seized.  My understanding is that this rule would apply to you even if you had no operations in the USA, so long as you are dealing with US Customers.

Anyways just a word of caution.

Donate @ 1LE4D5ERPZ4tumNoYe5GMeB5p9CZ1xKb4V
shamoons

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 11:53:30 AM

I see this is also dealing in USD and other government currencies, which is actually the exact opposite of what the OP asked for.

We are relaunching without USd. I just wanted to give the oP something to look forward to.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 07:21:59 PM

A worthwhile caution, Nova!, and you may well be proven right, but, of course, if you're not operating in the US, you have no assets in the US for US authorities to seize, presumably. Might be wise not to travel to the US, though, if you think you've done enough to piss them off.

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
TECHICENINE

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 08:08:29 PM

we are the Money people = U.S.A.! =  love it or leave it lol
TECHICENINE

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2013, 08:11:32 PM

Anyways just a word of caution.
[/quote]

ya just switch over to the bath salts exchange ...see how far that gets you lol
shamoons

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:50:03 PM

We'll, we've launched our cryptocurrency exchange at Crypto Street! We're in public open beta and would love feedback. Please start trading and let me know your thoughts!

Thanks
Coins-e

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 07:49:08 PM

Something that doesn't involve dollars.

Something where you can buy/sell bitcoins/litecoins/other.

I would imagine that this would be bureaucratically easier to set up than other exchanges since it isn't dealing with recognized money (it would be the equivalent of trading stuff in WoW).

We are here https://coins-e.com  Grin welcome to the family.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: