Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:22:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lemmings are doomed!  (Read 3366 times)
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:24:45 PM

If BTC was going way up most of you would be posting about how much higher it will go soon.
This is a time to buy and many people are posting negative threads.
When you follow the crowd you usually lose.
Lemmings are doomed!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:26:10 PM

Amen, for all you newbies who were waiting for a golden opportunity. This is it.
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:28:13 PM

Yep!  This is that "Buying Opportunity" you have been waiting for.   Grin

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Zapffe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:28:33 PM

Lemmings were buying and are now holding. Lemmings are also buying on the top of dead cat bounces like the current one. Right now is not the right time to buy. Price is still too high.
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:38:31 PM

...Right now is not the right time to buy. Price is still too high.

Market to unpredictable to call the bottom.  Cost average on the way down and back up a little.  Smiley

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:46:40 PM

If BTC was going way up most of you would be posting about how much higher it will go soon.
Lemmings are doomed!

Oh really.....

I am amn't buying? Am I doomed am I?

Actually, I tried to buy on bounce from $521 to $543, I made a simple order on Bitstamp at $526, but the server lagged, and then the spot was above my bid etc etc....so I pulled it.....was only looking at small short term quick gain anyhow. Beyond that I am just not interested in putting money into Bitcoin. If I wake up tomorrow and it is at +$600, then I don't care, I aint buying. It could then rocket up to $800. I still wouldn't care cos it would all be just fkn hot air and liable to pop just as quick as it inflated and I don't have the appetite for it anymore. I have the crypto fatigue that is spreading like wild-fire and will soon be affecting the likes of you. When it does, then that might be the time to consider entering the market. After every single cent of dejected dumb money has left the market and long term holders have been forced into taking as much profits as they feel inclined to take without caring whether or not the rest of their holdings go to zero.

I have seen the same thing with Silver and observed the exact same kind of delusional optimism from Silver Stacker as I do right now with Bitcoin Nutter, all the way down from the ATH, including the much heralded $26 silver bottom of 2012, where there was all the same fan-fare and self-congratulatory back slapping from Silver Stacker for catching the bottom and grabbing some firesale silver rounds, as there was from Bitcoin Nutter in the days after the $400 bottom.

The true bottom of the grand cycle in Bitcoin will come at a point when nobody gives much of a rat's arse about Bitcoin or its potential to make them wealthy. Volume and more importantly turnover in USD, will be at a fraction of what it was over Nov/Dec 2013.

What price Bitcoin will be be trending at when the bottom is in I couldn't possibly call at this point in time but mid $200 range seems like a likely bet to me and the likes of Risto will be forced to reassess their 'exponential mean growth line' speculating model. When this time will come I don't know, might not even know about it when it happens cos I most likely won't care.

P.S. Where is billyjoeallen? He was trumpeting around the forum how he was begging and praying for sub $550 Bitcoin. He was also telling some other dude to sell if he dared (Bitcoin at $580), cos just see what the whales (like him presumably) do when Bitcoin hits $550. Well here is ur fkn chance billyboy. Show us what you are gonna do!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:55:42 PM

Lemmings are doomed!

Oh really.....

I am amn't buying? Am I doomed am I?

Actually, I tried to buy on bounce from $521 to $543, I made a simple order on Bitstamp at $526, but the server lagged, and then the spot was above my bid etc etc....so I pulled it.....was only looking at small short term quick gain anyhow. Beyond that I am just not interested in putting money into Bitcoin. If I wake up tomorrow and it is at +$600, then I don't care, I aint buying. It could then rocket up to $800. I still wouldn't care cos it would all be just fkn hot air and I don't have the appetite for it anymore. I have the crypto fatigue that is spreading like wild-fire and will soon be affecting the likes of you. When it does, then that might be the time to consider entering the market. After every single cent of dejected dumb money has left the market and long term holders have been forced into taking as much profits as they feel inclined to take without caring whether or not the rest of their holdings go to zero.

I have seen the same thing with Silver and observed the exact same kind of delusional optimism from Silver Stacker as I do right now with Bitcoin Nutter, all the way down from the ATH, including the much heralded $26 silver bottom of 2012, where there was all the same fan-fare and self-congratulatory back slapping from Silver Stacker for catching the bottom and grabbing some firesale silver rounds, as there was from Bitcoin Nutter in the days after the $400 bottom.

The true bottom of the grand cycle in Bitcoin will come at a point when nobody gives much of a rat's arse about Bitcoin or its potential to make them wealthy. Volume and more importantly turnover in USD, will be at a fraction of what it was over Nov/Dec 2013.

What price Bitcoin will be be trending at when the bottom is in I couldn't possibly call at this point in time but mid $200 range seems like a likely bet to me and the likes of Risto will be forced to reassess their 'exponential mean growth line' speculating model. When this time will come I don't know, might not even know about it when it happens cos I most likely won't care.

Someone's emotional; why do you even bother posting here?  You're not interested in putting money into BTC, you're just interested in taking it out.  You offer absolutely no benefit to BTC, you're just a parasitic drain.

Edit: And you would care if it went to $800 and kept on shooting up.  You'd be here pissing and moaning, all the while flip-flopping on whether it's a bull or bear market.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 04:58:15 PM

So you're predicting a prolonged downtrend? I can see bitcoin going down in the short term, but I think we'll see more growth in BTC services this year, which will in turn, attract fresh blood into bitcoin.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:02:59 PM

Am I doomed am I?

Not sure, but harbinger of doom, definately!

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:03:55 PM

Someone's emotional; why do you even bother posting here?  You're not interested in putting money into BTC, you're just interested in taking it out.  You offer absolutely no benefit to BTC, you're just a parasitic drain.

I wish I could have been a parasitic drain. But I was too busy actually using my single digit Bitcoin's for their actual intended use, i.e. in real economic transactions to think about buying a thousand of them and hoarding them to get rich off them. Been a bit slow on gaining a speculative mindset. I don't live in the South East of the country and I aint Jewish.

I never bought my first truly speculative Bitcoins until $700 range in Nov 2013. "HODL" they all cried! Of course, I never, I took thousands of profits in fiat and dumped everything first sign of trouble. I aint no fucking bagholder for some early adopter who now lives in a castle and flies a helicopter. Sounds like you however dropt, are a bag-holder.

Go on, tell us how many Bitcoin you own and how much u paid for them?`

Edit: And you would care if it went to $800 and kept on shooting up.  You'd be here pissing and moaning, all the while flip-flopping on whether it's a bull or bear market.

Notice how I always flip n flop onto the right side of the trade though, generally sooner rather than later.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:05:15 PM

You were too busy snorting coke to think and now you are bitter. Is sad and all, but fuck off. You only have yourself to blame.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:05:40 PM

Someone's emotional; why do you even bother posting here?  You're not interested in putting money into BTC, you're just interested in taking it out.  You offer absolutely no benefit to BTC, you're just a parasitic drain.
I was too busy actually using my single digit Bitcoin's for their actual intended use, i.e. in real economic transactions to think about buying a thousand of them and hoarding them to get rich off them.

Translation. I was too high on drugs to make the investment of a lifetime that was right under (in) my nose.
MatTheCat

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:07:23 PM

Translation. I was too high on drugs to make the investment of a lifetime that was right under (in) my nose.

Never had a proper investment mentality, just like most other people. I was more into fighting the man, and back then silver was the best way to do that. Max Keiser said so.

You were too busy snorting coke to think and now you are bitter. Is sad and all, but fuck off. You only have yourself to blame.

I am perfectly happy, I aint bitter........except when I read utter fkn drivel on forums like this.

Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:08:20 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 05:29:17 PM by Peter R

So you're predicting a prolonged downtrend? I can see bitcoin going down in the short term, but I think we'll see more growth in BTC services this year, which will in turn, attract fresh blood into bitcoin.

Let V(t) be the fair value of bitcoin at time t according to MatTheCat.  Let P(t) be the actual market price of bitcoin at time t.  MatTheCat will be a strong buyer if his perceived value of bitcoin is greater than its market price:

V(t) > P(t)

His perceived value of bitcoin seems to obey the empirical relationship:

V(t) = P(t) / 2.  

According to my calculations, MatTheCat will be a strong buyer for P(t) < 0.  

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:10:16 PM

I am perfectly happy, I aint bitter........except when I read utter fkn drivel on forums like this.
Then stop doing it. Go away. You will be happy, we will be happy, everybody's happy!

MatTheCat

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:11:55 PM

Then stop doing it. Go away. You will be happy, we will be happy, everybody's happy!

Ur not happy.

Bitcoin isn't doing what you want it to do.  

Worse still, it is going to keep on not doing what you want it to do.

There is a whole lot of unhappiness lined up for you, I am pleased to say.

P.S. Notice I have been very quiet on here of late.......but sometimes the utter delusional shite I am reading forces me to spit venom around this place.

Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:18:06 PM

Ur not happy.

P.S. Notice I have been very quiet on here of late.......but sometimes the utter delusional shite I am reading forces me to spit venom around this place.
Wrong again. If the price drops, I get more coins for my monthly fiat. If it goes up, I turn a profit. Either way I win.

That's the secret to investing in a rising asset, see? Doesn't matter what it does on the short term.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:19:07 PM

Ur not happy.

I call bullshit on this one. There has been TONS more bullish sentiment on this forum the last week than today. You are here right now because the price dropped again and you want to be able to tell everyone you told them so.

But in actuality you aren't telling anyone anything. Most of us predicted there was a good chance at testing the lower triangle, although sellers seemed to have dried up after 541.  Bulls didn't want to do anything so we are dropping again. We will continue to do so until big buyers step in. Maybe that 475. Maybe that 415. Maybe thats 400.

In fact, I can't and won't give you credit for being "right" unless we see 250. That's your call. So until then, why don't you go do something else or stop beating your chest for things most other people know too.
dyland

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:22:53 PM

I wish I could have been a parasitic drain. But I was too busy actually using my single digit Bitcoin's for their actual intended use, i.e. in real economic transactions to think about buying a thousand of them and hoarding them to get rich off them. Been a bit slow on gaining a speculative mindset. I don't live in the South East of the country and I aint Jewish.

I never bought my first truly speculative Bitcoins until $700 range in Nov 2013. "HODL" they all cried! Of course, I never, I took thousands of profits in fiat and dumped everything first sign of trouble. I aint no fucking bagholder for some early adopter who now lives in a castle and flies a helicopter. Sounds like you however dropt, are a bag-holder.

Edit: And you would care if it went to $800 and kept on shooting up.  You'd be here pissing and moaning, all the while flip-flopping on whether it's a bull or bear market.

Notice how I always flip n flop onto the right side of the trade though, generally sooner rather than later.

I am seriously confused. Other people have posted about the Jews on here and I just don't know where they come in exactly.

I want to understand this Jew angle...is it an inside joke thing like the "hodling" thing?

Anyway, I am a Jew and I haven't heard anyone at the synagogue talking about bitcoin if that helps anyone with their TAs.

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:24:18 PM

You sound really fucking confused as to why you're here and what you should be doing while you are.  

Did you not just say:

I wish I could have been a parasitic drain

So which is it dipshit?  You're not a parasitic drain on Bitcoin, or you "aint no fucking bagholder" and "took thousands in profits in fiat"?

I bought 75 BTC @ ~6$ to buy my first set of video cards to mine.  I've been mining ever since and have withdrawn BTC in the 4 digit range from mining pools.  My cost of entry would send you into a jealous fit.  I actually provide a service to support the network and spend BTC in the BTC economy.  I'm not here looking for dumb or fresh money to line my own pockets with.  It's people like you that are the problem with the world; right up there with those on Wallstreet who think: Fuck em' I got mine!

No, I don't.  Last I read you lost money due to your flaky approach to this whole thing when you could have actually ended up in the Black if you weren't such a twitchy fuck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: