Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:37:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Citizens School in Dubai Accept Crypto for Tuition Payment  (Read 152 times)
nakamura12

Activity: 2282
Merit: 669

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 08:50:51 PM

It’s a good thing that schools are starting to adopt cryptocurrencies for tuition payments. How I wish I can see that as well right here in the Philippines. I only knew that some top famous universities in my country are already implementing elective blockchain courses, and some are trying to adopt it into the curriculum of a certain department like Commerce, Information Tech, etc.
That would be good if that happen in the Philippines. It could also be good if the universities other countries could also accept students from other countries that will pay tuition using bitcoin if not a university but the same as university but only teaching English language to those who want to learn English language. Still, if that won't happen this time but still it's a good news that a school now accept crypto as tuition payment.
Fatunad

Activity: 2240
Merit: 353

View Profile
March 30, 2022, 08:53:22 PM

Let's be honest, this is nothing but a fantastic marketing trick for this school.

Yeah thought about it too. It is impossible for a school to be able to hold and tolerate bitcoin fluctuations while on the other hand, they need operational costs at all times and valid financial statements. After all, schools are not business institutions. As long as there is no certainty as a legal tender, there will be no spending in bitcoin either.

I'm not seeing this that side but what I see is that a transaction in bitcoin that has been credited to someone that prefers the fluctuating mechanism of bitcoin. I believe that it is the end benefit that matters right now for the school. I think it is looking like investment for the school now that the expectation is looking bull for bitcoin.

For a school to accept crypto for tuition payment then for sure they are fully aware about its volatility because they could not just accept nor imply such option or acceptance if they dont like that volatility
aspect but since they had accepted it out then for sure they had already accepted the real deal with crypto which having these kind of news is always been positive thats why we should be at least
having that hope that we would really be heading on more or bigger adoption in near future.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2022, 03:46:27 AM

I'm not seeing this that side but what I see is that a transaction in bitcoin that has been credited to someone that prefers the fluctuating mechanism of bitcoin. I believe that it is the end benefit that matters right now for the school. I think it is looking like investment for the school now that the expectation is looking bull for bitcoin.

I don't understand why educational institutions need investment to grow or get "richer" with bitcoin. In fact they can do that very easily by increasing the cost of education or creating a monopoly business that is visible and risk-free, eg dormitories, canteens, school supply stores and uniforms.

After all, bitcoin is nothing but to increase the visibility effect of the school name.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
Markinzo

Activity: 336
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 31, 2022, 05:00:17 PM

This is quite a welcome development for Bitcoin as this decision taken by the Citizens school in Dubai will will trigger an influence to her neighbors to also take this part, which definitely will bring a wider awareness and crypto knowledge to many.

On other way round, the school is definitely going to benefit from this process as it may likely bring much recognition to its name and increase it's rate of wealth creation for itself too.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: