Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:01:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Prefix Difficulty Calculator c# assistance please! Base code included in post.  (Read 527 times)
n0nce

Activity: 882
Merit: 5818

not your keys, not your coins!

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2022, 02:51:55 AM
Merited by vapourminer (2)

I tried figuring out how PCRE does it but im not savvy in how it was wrote.
Aside from Nonce , no ones even bothered or acknowledged me asking about pivots or admitted JLVS is wrong on calculations involving pivots.
Honestly, I'm not sure the PCRE regex library is even used to calculate the difficulty. After looking at the code again, to my untrained eye it appears that get_prefix_ranges is invoked for getting the ranges that produce a certain prefix and then the result is used in vg_prefix_get_difficulty, both of which don't use PCRE.
I'm not sure, but that regex stuff may not be related to difficulty and pivot calculations.

I wish I could help more, but I'm getting openssl errors when trying to compile. If you have an up-to-date fork of vanitygen that compiles, I'd poke at it again.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PawGo
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1367

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 07:30:36 AM
Merited by vapourminer (2), WhyFhy (1), n0nce (1)

Aside from Nonce , no ones even bothered or acknowledged me asking about pivots or admitted JLVS is wrong on calculations involving pivots.

I haven't found any clear definition what pivot is, but based on:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Vanitygen#Difficulty_of_finding_a_vanity
I understand it is value corresponding to the given RIPEMD160 hash, right?

Someone tried to explain his calculations here: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/48586/best-way-to-calculate-difficulty-of-generating-specific-vanity-address but it does not look to be correct, taking into account what you say.
This explanation looks better: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/95828

WhyFhy (OP)

Activity: 1430
Merit: 513

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 02:17:39 PM

I understand it is value corresponding to the given RIPEMD160 hash, right?
right, something to do with the bits 16bit or 32bit there's a pivot that determines the bitrate utilizing ripemd160 and some formula.
however, all the weight of the characters don't seem to add up no matter how I crunch them with the information I have access to,
0,1,2 seem to be the correlated weights per character (I could be wrong here) ,they didn't seem to have anything to do with 1,2-Q,R-z either considering 1QLbz6 is lighter than 1QLbz7.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
/]..[banned mixer]..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
/]YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
WanderingPhilospher

Activity: 1050
Merit: 219

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
April 12, 2022, 03:41:50 PM
Merited by WhyFhy (1)

11111111=    72057594037927936 (96 days) ***
111111113= 173346595075428800   240 days ***
This can't be right, right? The second one has only 2.4 times higher difficulty than the first.
According to vanitygen, it should be 5.7 times more difficult.

According to vanitygen, 1113 is 69 times more difficult than 111, but 111113 is only 3.5 times more difficult than 11111. I don't get it.
The part where I was asking about pivots Wink
1QLbz6
VS=264,104,224
1QLbz7
VS=264,104,224
VG=837,596,142 (true difficulty)

3.165 ~ difference 
I've been asking all along for help with the pivots. But no one has answers to the witchcraft involved. So the above formula's excludes it/pivots.
Since  Vanitysearch doesn't factor them in I dont know how to tell. 
I tried figuring out how PCRE does it but im not savvy in how it was wrote.

I get why you are trying to get it down to an exact difficulty number...but it doesn't seem important to me, to get it exact.
You have your ball park numbers. Who cares about exact, how does that help you or a potential customer?
If difficulty is x and you say it should take you 3 days, so you charge $x, what happens if you find it in 1 hour? Do you refund the customer for 71 hours?
Or what if it takes you 6 days to find, do you go back to customer and charge extra?

The numbers are just numbers, they give us an estimate. That is all.
Just like mining.
If a coin's network hashrate is 70GH/s and I have 7GH/s, then by math, I should find a block on average, 1 out of every 10. But that does not happen.

Also, so JLP codes an awesome program and you want to dog him out about 1 aspect...pivots? You won't someone to admit he was wrong, lol. Really? How about you code a vanitysearch program that is 100% accurate and release it so we can "test" it?

I could be wrong here, but did you say your site will check around 24,000 MKey/s? What program will your site be using? 24,000 MKey/s does not seem like a lot. I have an 8 card rig that can do that.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16577

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2022, 05:24:03 PM
Merited by WhyFhy (1)

If difficulty is x and you say it should take you 3 days, so you charge $x, what happens if you find it in 1 hour? Do you refund the customer for 71 hours?
Or what if it takes you 6 days to find, do you go back to customer and charge extra?
I assume this is a risk of the service provider: you can't know how long it really takes, all you know is how long it takes for 50% chance of finding the address. The "lucky" ones are easy money, but that money is needed for the "unlucky" addresses that takes 100 times longer than expected.

I could be wrong here, but did you say your site will check around 24,000 MKey/s? What program will your site be using? 24,000 MKey/s does not seem like a lot. I have an 8 card rig that can do that.
Here I am using my old laptop that does 9 Mkeys/s on GPU Shocked

WhyFhy (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2022, 05:26:06 PM

1.I get why you are trying to get it down to an exact difficulty number...but it doesn't seem important to me, to get it exact.
2.You have your ball park numbers. Who cares about exact, how does that help you or a potential customer?
3.If difficulty is x and you say it should take you 3 days, so you charge $x, what happens if you find it in 1 hour? Do you refund the customer for 71 hours?
4.Or what if it takes you 6 days to find, do you go back to customer and charge extra?

Just like mining.
5If a coin's network hashrate is 70GH/s and I have 7GH/s, then by math, I should find a block on average, 1 out of every 10. But that does not happen.

6.Also, so JLP codes an awesome program and you want to dog him out about 1 aspect...pivots? You won't someone to admit he was wrong, lol. Really? How about you code a vanitysearch program that is 100% accurate and release it so we can "test" it?

7.I could be wrong here, but did you say your site will check around 24,000 MKey/s? What program will your site be using? 24,000 MKey/s does not seem like a lot. I have an 8 card rig that can do that.

1 If someone does a trailing number with pivots and it takes 256 * 58 * 58  longer than 58 * 58 * 58 with a 341% difference for the same amount of digits.
from a business aspect its helps us from misquoting , If you contact a broker for 2 s19's for $10,000 he agrees and shakes on it, but he contacts you a day later saying he can only get you 1 for $10,000 thats bad business, and youve lost a customer and a customer reference.
2 Our competitors offer the following prefix for 85 euros (~$92) 11111111 If I submitted that order the following would likely happen
I would get an email apologizing and that it cannot be done for that price. Possibly offered a refund.
I would get the prefix at some point in time while the operator runs at a major loss.
This is why quotes are so important and pinpoint accuracy is crucial ball park numbers don't work here.
3 No that is why we consider overall averaging. (Loyce broke this down pretty well)
4 Also no we consider overall averaging and is also why we desire as much accuracy as possible. There is also a mean pricing quota that compensates for luck on our end.(Loyce broke this down pretty well)
5 if your coins networks stayed at 70gh and you stayed at 7gh I can say with confidence your average block find will be about 10%~ overall
6 I don't want anyone to admit its wrong , I know its wrong. Im not harping JLVS as its by far my favorite program, (I wouldn't have spent 16 months making a program around it if I didn't)
But to poke the bear so to speak VanityGen is 100% accurate pivots or not.  
7 I don't care how fast your car is if your not trying to race. Remember this service is being designed for the retail investor. And in most situations will be free to the endpoint user.
we also wont be disclosing total key counts across the farm(s).

With that being said JLVS wrote an amazing program.
We utilize it instead of vanitygen due to the key counts.
We need to be accurate so we can realistically provide proper services, We want to give out certain difficulties for free.
We want to be the definitive split key wallet provider in this sector. In order to do this we need to factor all things that can go wrong from the customers point of view.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
/]..[banned mixer]..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
/]YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
WanderingPhilospher

Activity: 1050
Merit: 219

Shooters Shoot...

View Profile
April 12, 2022, 06:22:00 PM

1.I get why you are trying to get it down to an exact difficulty number...but it doesn't seem important to me, to get it exact.
2.You have your ball park numbers. Who cares about exact, how does that help you or a potential customer?
3.If difficulty is x and you say it should take you 3 days, so you charge $x, what happens if you find it in 1 hour? Do you refund the customer for 71 hours?
4.Or what if it takes you 6 days to find, do you go back to customer and charge extra?

Just like mining.
5If a coin's network hashrate is 70GH/s and I have 7GH/s, then by math, I should find a block on average, 1 out of every 10. But that does not happen.

6.Also, so JLP codes an awesome program and you want to dog him out about 1 aspect...pivots? You won't someone to admit he was wrong, lol. Really? How about you code a vanitysearch program that is 100% accurate and release it so we can "test" it?

7.I could be wrong here, but did you say your site will check around 24,000 MKey/s? What program will your site be using? 24,000 MKey/s does not seem like a lot. I have an 8 card rig that can do that.

1 If someone does a trailing number with pivots and it takes 256 * 58 * 58  longer than 58 * 58 * 58 with a 341% difference for the same amount of digits.
from a business aspect its helps us from misquoting , If you contact a broker for 2 s19's for $10,000 he agrees and shakes on it, but he contacts you a day later saying he can only get you 1 for $10,000 thats bad business, and youve lost a customer and a customer reference.
2 Our competitors offer the following prefix for 85 euros (~$92) 11111111 If I submitted that order the following would likely happen
I would get an email apologizing and that it cannot be done for that price. Possibly offered a refund.
I would get the prefix at some point in time while the operator runs at a major loss.
This is why quotes are so important and pinpoint accuracy is crucial ball park numbers don't work here.
3 No that is why we consider overall averaging. (Loyce broke this down pretty well)
4 Also no we consider overall averaging and is also why we desire as much accuracy as possible. There is also a mean pricing quota that compensates for luck on our end.(Loyce broke this down pretty well)
5 if your coins networks stayed at 70gh and you stayed at 7gh I can say with confidence your average block find will be about 10%~ overall
6 I don't want anyone to admit its wrong , I know its wrong. Im not harping JLVS as its by far my favorite program, (I wouldn't have spent 16 months making a program around it if I didn't)
But to poke the bear so to speak VanityGen is 100% accurate pivots or not.  
7 I don't care how fast your car is if your not trying to race. Remember this service is being designed for the retail investor. And in most situations will be free to the endpoint user.
we also wont be disclosing total key counts across the farm(s).

With that being said JLVS wrote an amazing program.
We utilize it instead of vanitygen due to the key counts.
We need to be accurate so we can realistically provide proper services, We want to give out certain difficulties for free.
We want to be the definitive split key wallet provider in this sector. In order to do this we need to factor all things that can go wrong from the customers point of view.

Right, so it sounds like you have a more accurate way of calculating difficulty, so use it. It's all a ball park average; you will find some over and some under said difficulty/time. As Lloyce said, after awhile and 1000s of keys generated, should be your market maker.

Oh I like to race, you wanna race? Title for title?  Wink

I have been working on an AI "bot" to decrease my block finds (altcoin, not bitcoin). I'm at about 88% average over 1,000 blocks. But I see many with similar hash rate who are at 100%+; I used the mining just as a reference, it's just numbers that tell you how long it should take you to find x y and z, most of the time, they are somewhat close, but not exact.

Why not also focus on the newer bitcoin addresses, can it not be done via split key? What is the market for legacy vanity addresses? A lot of people still wanting them?
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2022, 06:28:50 PM

Remember this service is being designed for the retail investor.
Do you remember this post? I know it's not really practical, and you'll need cooperation of customers to hand over their keys when requested, but it has the potential to search for many split key vanity addresses at once.

WhyFhy (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2022, 06:54:31 PM

Remember this service is being designed for the retail investor.
Do you remember this post? I know it's not really practical, and you'll need cooperation of customers to hand over their keys when requested, but it has the potential to search for many split key vanity addresses at once.

Yea, to much dev work though, if i tried id have it whipped up in the next 10 years or so.

Right, so it sounds like you have a more accurate way of calculating difficulty, so use it. It's all a ball park average; you will find some over and some under said difficulty/time. As Lloyce said, after awhile and 1000s of keys generated, should be your market maker.

Oh I like to race, you wanna race? Title for title?  Wink

I have been working on an AI "bot" to decrease my block finds (altcoin, not bitcoin). I'm at about 88% average over 1,000 blocks. But I see many with similar hash rate who are at 100%+; I used the mining just as a reference, it's just numbers that tell you how long it should take you to find x y and z, most of the time, they are somewhat close, but not exact.

Why not also focus on the newer bitcoin addresses, can it not be done via split key? What is the market for legacy vanity addresses? A lot of people still wanting them?

The back end for p2sh and bech32 are already there and working, problem is finding a way for customers to get pub keys and merge them easily using streamlined Gui that's not lost in translation its preferable to be in one tool. (Again this is for retail investor , we arnt trying to confuse people yet! We will probably offer an advanced mode of 1splitkey in the future, we are trying to crawl before we walk though.

For now we've blocked incoming pub keys that are not legacy.  We want to focus on one thing at a time until its mastered.

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
/]..[banned mixer]..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
/]YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2022, 11:21:04 AM

This post reminded me of another business opportunity for you: could you also do split-key .onion addresses? I found a topic from 6 years ago, but that's not an automated service. I can imagine there's a demand for this (and I still hope Bitcointalkxxxx.onion will be created at some point).

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: