Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:41:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So this is what a "for the children" gun grabber looks like in California :)  (Read 4779 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:36:53 PM

California State Senator Leland Yee trying to ban more guns in CA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjS6cruqrx8

But that was then... But now:

SAN FRANCISCO -- In a stunning criminal complaint, State Sen. Leland Yee has been charged with conspiring to traffic in firearms and public corruption as part of a major FBI operation spanning the Bay Area, casting yet another cloud of corruption over the Democratic establishment in the Legislature and torpedoing Yee's aspirations for statewide office.

Yee and an intermediary allegedly met repeatedly with an undercover FBI agent, soliciting campaign contributions in exchange for setting up a deal with international arms dealers.

At their first face-to-face meeting in January, "Senator Yee explained he has known the arms dealer for a number of years and has developed a close relationship with him," an FBI affidavit says, noting Yee told the agent the arms dealer "has things that you guys want."

Yee, D-San Francisco, highlights a series of arrests Wednesday morning that included infamous Chinatown gangster Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow, whose past includes a variety of charges including racketeering and drug crimes. Targets of the early-morning raids appeared in federal court in San Francisco on Wednesday afternoon.

A 137-page criminal complaint charges 26 people -- including Yee and Chow -- with a panoply of crimes, including firearms trafficking, money laundering, murder-for-hire, drug distribution, trafficking in contraband cigarettes, and honest services fraud.

Yee is charged with conspiracy to traffic in firearms without a license and to illegally import firearms, as well as six counts of scheming to defraud citizens of honest services. Each corruption count is punishable by up to 20 years in federal prison and a fine of up to $250,000, while the gun-trafficking count is punishable by up to five years and $250,000.

The charges are particularly shocking given that Yee has been among the state Senate's most outspoken advocates both of gun control and of good-government initiatives.

"It seems like nobody knew this was coming, and everyone is astounded by the allegations," said Corey Cook, director of the University of San Francisco's Leo T. McCarthy Center for Public Service and the Common Good. "I'm just astonished... Political corruption is one thing, but this is a whole other level."

San Francisco political consultant Keith Jackson, a former school-board president, allegedly was the link between Yee and Chow, who federal prosecutors say is the current "Dragonhead," or leader, of the San Francisco-based Ghee Kung Tong organization, spelled in court documents as Chee Kung Tong.

Chow introduced an undercover agent who had infiltrated his organization to Jackson, who with his son, Brandon Jackson, and another man, Marlon Sullivan, allegedly sold the agent various guns and bulletproof vests. The Jacksons and Sullivan also allegedly conspired in a murder-for-hire scheme requested by the undercover agent, as well as other crimes including sale of stolen credit cards and purchase of cocaine.

An FBI affidavit says Keith Jackson starting last August told one of the undercover agents that Yee was "associated with a person who was an international arms dealer who was shipping large stockpiles of weapons into a foreign country." At later meetings in August and December, Jackson said Yee had agreed to help set up an arms deal; the agent first gave Jackson $1,000 cash for his help, and later cut a $5,000 check from a bogus company to Yee's campaign.

Finally, Yee and Keith Jackson met Jan. 22 with the undercover agents at a San Francisco coffee shop, the affidavit says.

"According to Senator Yee, the arms dealer is 'low-key' and has been trafficking weapons for quite a while," the document says. "According to Senator Yee, the arms dealer sourced the weapons from Russia."

"Senator Yee said of the arms dealer, 'He's going to rely on me, because ultimately it's going to be me,'" the affidavit says. "Senator Yee said, 'I know what he could do. I have seen what he has done in the past on other products and this guy has the relationships.' Senator Yee emphasized that the arms dealer took baby steps and was very careful."

Yee told the agent that the arms dealer had contacts in Russia, Ukraine, Boston and Southern California, the affidavit says, and the agent asked Yee for a commitment. "Senator Yee said, 'Do I think we can make some money? I think we can make some money. Do I think we can get the goods? I think we can get the goods.'"

The agent told Yee and Jackson he wanted any type of shoulder-fired weapons or missiles, the affidavit says; Yee asked whether he wanted automatic weapons, and the agent confirmed he did -- about $500,000 to $2.5 million worth. Yee told the agent "he saw their relationship as tremendously beneficial," the affidavit says, adding he wanted the agent and Jackson to make all the money because he didn't want to go to jail. The agent replied he would pay Yee and Jackson hundreds of thousands of dollars over time, and more immediately would pay $100,000 for the first arms deal. "Senator Yee said 'Alright, take care.' The meeting ended."

But by their next meeting on Feb. 25, Yee had grown spooked by the federal indictment of state Sen. Ronald Calderon; the two shared a desk on the Senate floor. "Senator Yee thought the other state Senator was a classic example of involving too many people in illegal activities," the affidavit says. Pressured by the agent to arrange an arms deal, Yee encouraged the agent "to start off doing small deals with the arms dealer" with Yee as an intermediary.

"Senator Yee stated he was unhappy with his life and said, 'There is a part of me that wants to be like you. You know how I'm going to be like you? Just be a free-agent out there,'" the affidavit says, adding Yee told the agent "he wanted to hide out in the Philippines."

The agent met again with Yee on March 5, and Yee discussed a new potential arms dealer named Wilson Lim. The agent said his family in New Jersey wanted to support Yee's bid for Secretary of State, to which Yee responded, "I can be of help to you for 10 months or I can be of help to you for eight years. I think eight years is a lot better than 10 months."

Yee discussed specific locations in the Philippines and Florida that might be ideal for moving the guns, which he said would include M-16-type automatic rifles.

Yee, Jackson, Lim and the agent met again March 11; Yee said the arms deal wouldn't be done until after this year's elections. "Senator Yee explained, 'Once things start to move, it's going to attract attention. We just got to be extra-extra careful.'"

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_25423273/leland-yee-indicted-corruption-bay-area-fbi-state-senator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:00:44 PM

Even better  Grin Grin Grin

Oct. 2011

Leland Yee marches alongside Occupy SF

In a phenomenon that may be unique to liberal San Francisco, mayoral candidates are jumping on the Occupy SF bandwagon. John Avalos and Joanna Rees have already visited the protesters’ downtown camp. Leland Yee marched with the occupation Saturday, and on Friday David Chiu stopped by for a chat with the 99 percent. Yee joined Occupy SF for a massive march to Civic Center Plaza on Saturday.

"I'm proud to have always stood with the 99%, especially when I fought corporate greed at the UC and CSU, and when I voted against Draconian cuts to our schools, social services and health care," Yee said in a press release. "I am enthused that the Occupy movement has taken off and empowered our community…. It is time we return City Hall to the people rather than the powerbrokers."

On Friday, according to Chiu’s Twitter feed, the city supervisor made an appearance at the camp to talk to protesters about why they were there.

Last weekend, protester Nicole Ghanbarzadeh told the Examiner that the occupiers had come to a consensus not to endorse any politicians.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisco/leland-yee-marches-alongside-occupy-sf/Content?oid=2183736

dotcom

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:14:38 PM

Why am I not surprised?

Even better  Grin Grin Grin

Oct. 2011

In a phenomenon that may be unique to liberal San Francisco, mayoral candidates are jumping on the Occupy SF bandwagon. John Avalos and Joanna Rees have already visited the protesters’ downtown camp. Leland Yee marched with the occupation Saturday, and on Friday David Chiu stopped by for a chat with the 99 percent. Yee joined Occupy SF for a massive march to Civic Center Plaza on Saturday.

"I'm proud to have always stood with the 99%, especially when I fought corporate greed at the UC and CSU, and when I voted against Draconian cuts to our schools, social services and health care," Yee said in a press release. "I am enthused that the Occupy movement has taken off and empowered our community…. It is time we return City Hall to the people rather than the powerbrokers."

On Friday, according to Chiu’s Twitter feed, the city supervisor made an appearance at the camp to talk to protesters about why they were there.

Last weekend, protester Nicole Ghanbarzadeh told the Examiner that the occupiers had come to a consensus not to endorse any politicians.

miner.com/sanfrancisco/leland-yee-marches-alongside-occupy-sf/Content?oid=2183736

9/10 did lol

Time after time it's proven right in front of people that a public image is not the same as a real person, yet we keep voting in politicians based on publicity stunts, 'un-biased' media stories, and soundbyte wars.

And the corruption is at all levels, look at the shit eric holder pulled off.

Even local city governments are corrupt as hell. There's a big river that runs through my city, no one wanted it to get so over-built that the natural beauty of it was lost
so a public measure was presented, voted on, and approved to ban building directly on the river bank. Anyways, a few years later a rich real estate developer came through and starts building high-rise apartments right on the bank. Made a shitton off them too since there was no competition; rent there is like 3k a month (avg rent for a 2-bed where I live is ~$600). I'm assuming all it took was him paying off a few members of the council to pry add in some fine-text loophole that let him do whatever the fuck he wants.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:17:59 PM

Why am I not surprised?

Oct. 2011

miner.com/sanfrancisco/leland-yee-marches-alongside-occupy-sf/Content?oid=2183736

9/10 did lol

Time after time it's proven right in front of people that a public image is not the same as a real person, yet we keep voting in politicians based on publicity stunts, 'un-biased' media stories, and soundbyte wars.

Even local city governments are corrupt as hell. There's a big river that runs through my city, no one wanted it to get so over-built that the natural beauty of it was lost
so a public measure was presented, voted on, and approved to ban building directly on the river bank. Anyways, a few years later a rich real estate developer came through and starts building high-rise apartments right on the bank. Made a shitton off them too since there was no competition; rent there is like 3k a month (avg rent for a 2-bed where I live is ~$600). I'm assuming all it took was him paying off a few members of the council to pry add in some fine-text loophole that let him do whatever the fuck he wants.

That is the reality when you are paid to represent "your people". You should have an allowance (public ledger?) per month with a receipt for everything you spend as this is not your money. Of course it will not stop people from being a fraud but it would a start.
dotcom

Activity: 354

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:23:37 PM

You should have an allowance (public ledger?) per month with a receipt for everything you spend as this is not your money. Of course it will not stop people from being a fraud but it would a start.

This would certainly be a start.

Also, the ability for people to add amendments to laws/bills anonymously should not be a thing. Politicians on both local and national levels don't care if they add in some fine print or a loophole in some 5000-page document, because even if somebody catches it they won't know who put it in there.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:28:04 AM

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 08:01:07 PM

http://www.cnn.com/search/?query=leland+yee&x=0&y=0&primaryType=mixed&sortBy=relevance&intl=false

direction

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:23:59 AM

You should have an allowance (public ledger?) per month with a receipt for everything you spend as this is not your money. Of course it will not stop people from being a fraud but it would a start.

This would certainly be a start.

Also, the ability for people to add amendments to laws/bills anonymously should not be a thing. Politicians on both local and national levels don't care if they add in some fine print or a loophole in some 5000-page document, because even if somebody catches it they won't know who put it in there.

I don't think so, if it is a government.
department

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:50:06 AM

Why am I not surprised?

Oct. 2011

9/10 did lol

Because you have to master to see the idea, so you will not feel surprised.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:09:38 PM

Why am I not surprised?

Oct. 2011

9/10 did lol

Because you have to master to see the idea, so you will not feel surprised.

Are you using google translate? not trying to be insulting. Just wanting to know.
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:46:14 PM

He is going to claim that he was threated if he did not do they would kill him, then he will roll and get off light.
BitcoinINV

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:49:00 AM

He is going to claim that he was threated if he did not do they would kill him, then he will roll and get off light.
BitcoinINV

He could very well walk out from any hard time, then getting paid for life from early retirement.

Of course if you are a homeless person who is a bit unstable well...
http://www.examiner.com/article/camper-shooting-death-video-homeless-man-killed-by-albuquerque-pd-surrendered
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:05:46 PM

California State Senate deletes website, online archives of 3 disgraced Democrats

Like a criminal wiping down a crime scene, the California State Senate has scrubbed its website and deleted the online archives of three Democratic state Senators that face criminal charges ranging from weapons trafficking to public corruption.
As of April 5 at 7:00 PM, the websites of Democratic Senators Leland Yee of San Francisco, Ron Calderon of Montebello, and Rod Wright of Inglewood, all of whom have been placed on paid leave, no longer include any mention of the disgraced lawmakers.
The website removal is a devastating blow to journalists and members of the public, who will no longer be able to investigate past votes, bills and legislative connections of the disgraced lawmakers.

Attempt to cover up for other State Senators?

It remains unclear why the State Senate deleted the web archives of the disgraced Senators. However, several other California lawmakers have been cited in the ongoing public corruption cases involving Senators Yee and Calderon.
Incoming Senate President Pro Tem Kevin de Leon, D-Los Angeles, has admitted that he was served with a subpoena in the Ron Calderon corruption case. De Leon, who is mentioned 49 times in the FBI’s 124-page complaint against Calderon, is believed to have arranged a $25,000 payment from the Latino Caucus to a nonprofit controlled by Ron Calderon’s brother, Tom.

“As set forth below, Senator de Leon caused $25,000 to be contributed to Californians for Diversity, the California corporation controlled by Thomas Calderon in exchange for Ronald Calderon not to challenge Senator Lara to become the Chairman of the Latino Caucus,” the FBI affidavit states.

Kevin de Leon: CA Senate “Best Legislative Institution in the Country”

The maneuver comes within days of de Leon declaring that the California State Senate is the best institution in the country.
“There is no greater political legislative body in this land than the California State Legislature… and that includes the US Congress and the U.S. Senate,” de Leon said during the Senate’s recent debate to suspend the Senators with pay. “This is an amazing legislative body, a body I love. You are all fine individuals.”
“This is the best legislative institution in the country, hands down,” he said. “We’re going through very difficult times, and we’re going to get past this.”
De Leon isn’t alone in having a motivation to wipe the online records of the State Senate. Last month, Senate Republican leader Bob Huff disclosed that he potentially met with an undercover FBI agent as a part of the Yee investigation.

Thwart public, press from investigating

Access DeniedIn addition to pictures and video clips, the websites also contained substantial information detailing the Senators’ votes and known legislative ties, which could implicate other members of the Senate.
As recently as Friday, April 4, CalNewsroom.com had used Yee’s website and web archives to analyze his legislative history. In contrast to his public image as a gun control advocate, Yee had never successfully passed a gun control bill during his 11 year career in the state legislature. Other outlets, including the San Francisco Chronicle, have published Yee’s most hypocritical press releases.

Paradoxically, Yee, who has been recognized by the Society of Professional Journalists for his work in open government, had assembled one of the legislature’s most comprehensive and detailed web archives. CalNewsroom.com was compiling an analysis of Yee’s connection to the Philippines. That analysis can no longer occur following the State Senate’s data wipe.

Misinformation, revisionist history by CA State Senate

In addition to deleting information, the State Senate has provided a misleading explanation for the absence of a direct reference to Yee.

“SD8 is considered an accelerated area currently represented by Senator Mark Leno and Senator Jerry Hill,” the website for the 8th State Senate district now reads. “These unique circumstances create some areas of overlap between the old and new districts (“accelerated areas”) and some areas without coverage (“deferred areas”).”

It is unclear whether the web archives for the Senators have been permanently deleted or the public’s access to specific files has been revoked. Attempts to access Wright’s biography at the web address, “http://sd35.senate.ca.gov/biography” produced a response that read, “Access denied. You are not authorized to access this page.”

However, other web pages, such as the press release section of Ron Calderon’s website delivered a webpage that read, “PAGE NOT FOUND. The requested page could not be found.”

State Senate did not respond to request for comment

A spokesman for Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg did not respond to an email request for comment Saturday night.
Referred to as “Uncle Leland” by his co-conspirators, the San Francisco Democrat allegedly offered to smuggle millions of dollars worth of automatic weapons into the United States from a Muslim separatist group in the Philippines in exchange for campaign contributions, according to the FBI affidavit.

In February, Senator Ron Calderon, D-Montebello, was charged with a 24-count indictment in connection with bribery and corruption. In January, Senator Rod Wright, D-Inglewood, was found guilty of eight felonies in connection with living outside of his district. Wright’s case did not involve any allegations of bribery or corruption.

http://www.calnewsroom.com/2014/04/06/california-state-senate-deletes-website-online-archives-of-3-disgraced-democrats/
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 06, 2014, 09:09:58 PM

Yee's votes and checks often coincide

SACRAMENTO -- Federal corruption charges against state Sen. Leland Yee, accused of soliciting campaign donations from undercover agents who sought political favors in return, put new light on donations he received while voting on legislation affecting his contributors.

California allows lawmakers to accept political donations while the Legislature is in session, so it is not unusual for money and votes to coincide. Yee has said his votes reflected his conscience, not his campaign accounts.

In his votes, Yee sometimes broke ranks with the Democratic Party and with his own San Francisco area delegation. A Times analysis of campaign reports by The Times, included in a story published Friday, shows that when he did, he often received money from the special interest he sided with, including a plastic bag manufacturer, chemical companies and casino interests.
"He was seen as pro-business," said Richard Temple, a Republican consultant, explaining why his firm agreed to do much of the work for a political committee that spent $670,000 in the 2011 San Francisco mayoral race in hopes of swinging the vote for Yee.

The committee, City Residents Opposing Ed Lee, officially was formed by labor organizations. Finance reports show at least half the money came from major corporations and business interests. The money included a $50,000 check from Philip Morris on the day of the election, even though Yee had boasted of refusing funding from tobacco companies.

In August 2008, Yee voted against a bill (AB706) by a fellow San Francisco Democrat to require the state to regulate the use of fire-retardant chemicals on couches and other home furnishings. Yee had initially voted for the bill a year earlier but was one of two lawmakers to switch sides after it was expanded to include the toxic chemicals in children’s products. Yee in the interim also had received $5,000 from the American Chemistry Council, Clorox, DuPont and Monsanto. The bill failed.

That same month, the Legislature approved a bill (AB1945), later vetoed by the governor, that would have made it harder for health insurers to cancel coverage when a consumer gets sick. Yee supported the bill in committee but opposed it on the floor. Campaign reports show insurance companies raised $32,000 for the senator in the three months leading up to the crucial vote, nearly twice what it had contributed in the entire preceding year, and hosted a fundraiser for the lawmaker. There was no explanation from Yee’s office for the vote change. The health insurance industry continued to back him.

One of Yee's biggest sources of support is the gambling industry. Since 2001, gambling interests have put more than $255,000 toward Yee's campaigns and provided venues for multiple Yee fundraisers. Two of those donors stand out: Filipino businessman Rene Medina, founder of the Lucky Chances casino outside of San Francisco and owner of an international money exchange business, and California pension adviser Terry Fancher, owner of the Hollywood Park Casino near Los Angeles, as well as developer of land at the old Bay Meadows horse track in San Mateo.

Campaign finance reports show Medina, his companies and his family members contributed $42,000 to Yee's elections. Fancher's Stockbridge Capital private equity firm and its companies have given Yee almost $33,000 since 2005.
Lucky Chances and Hollywood Park last year teamed up to lobby on behalf of a bill (SB356) filed by Yee to allow foreign investment in California card rooms. The bill is necessary for Stockbridge to retain a gambling license for the card room at Hollywood Park, because Fancher's company is a primary backer of the Sahara casino in Las Vegas and seeking investments from overseas. Lucky Chances lobbyist Jarhett Blonien did not return calls, but a letter he wrote to lawmakers supporting the bill said there was “no rational basis” for discriminating against casino operators who also want to put their money in gambling elsewhere.

The bill, opposed by Indian casinos, passed the California Senate in May 2013 but was put on hold last August in the Assembly, where it is likely dead.

http://www.latimes.com/local/political/la-me-ff-money-behind-leland-yee-20140403,0,1645248.story#ixzz2y8uRki5W
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:30:48 AM

They got the story up before CNN

California state Senator Leland Yee: Part-time politician, full-time arms dealer

http://youtu.be/8_EWDbN9fdw
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:55:18 AM

New Racketeering Count Against California State Senator Adds To Gravity Of Case

A new racketeering charge handed up by a federal grand jury against state Sen. Leland Yee says he was part of an organized crime operation in which he sold legislative votes and influence for piles of money, just as he was earlier accused of conspiring to traffic in guns.

The indictment made public on Friday reveals for the first time a 2013 incident in which Yee, D-San Francisco, allegedly agreed to take $60,000 — which he believed was coming from a National Football League team owner — in exchange for his and another senator’s vote on a bill dealing with workers’ compensation insurance for pro athletes.

“We gotta juice this thing,” Yee allegedly told an undercover FBI agent.

That money never changed hands, but the wheeling and dealing is part of the new racketeering charge, along with money he allegedly did take for other votes and actions.

The indictment replaces charges that prosecutors filed in March against Yee; Raymond “Shrimp Boy” Chow, the alleged leader of a Chinatown mob; Yee campaign consultant Keith Jackson; and dozens of others.

Federal prosecutors in that earlier complaint claimed Yee, sometimes nicknamed “Uncle Leland,” accepted checks and bags of cash from undercover operatives to pay off his campaign debts and help fund his bid to become secretary of state. Yee also allegedly tried to orchestrate an international arms deal with an undercover agent, promising to arrange shipments of high-powered weaponry from rebel groups in the Philippines for money.

The new count against Yee comes under 1970′s Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, which levies harsher penalties for acts as part of an ongoing criminal organization. It’s punishable by up to 20 years in federal prison and a fine of up to $250,000, as are each of the earlier corruption and fraud charges.

The count alleges a pattern in which Yee and Jackson solicited bribes in return for Yee’s work to help phony businesses set up by the FBI; to issue a proclamation praising Chow’s Chee Kung Tong organization; and to swing votes on issues such as medical marijuana, regulation of the mixed martial arts industry, and workers’ compensation insurance for professional athletes. They also conspired to take and conceal campaign contributions larger than legally permitted, the racketeering count alleges.

http://www.mercurynews.com/california/ci_26216812/leland-yee-charged-racketeering-federal-probe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless sent to jail, they never quit or resign. Amazing...

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:17:42 AM

Unless sent to jail, they never quit or resign. Amazing...

Who says they quit in jail?  They're always campaigning.  Just because they can't run for office anymore doesn't mean they're not pulling strings.  Look at how the Calderon family has stayed in power despite crime after crime in that crooked family.  His brother and son and still "working hard" for the CA taxpayer  Cheesy

I'm sure Yee will get some padded cell with all the amenities he's used to.  If a drug dealer can do trades while in prison imagine what Yee can do. And then there's the book deal.

I'm sure when he's out SEIU will have a nice job for him.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:44:36 PM

Former Democrat CA State Senator Leland Yee Pleads Guilty In Corruption Case, Gun Running Charges Dropped…

Former California legislator Leland Yee pleaded guilty Wednesday to one far-reaching racketeering charge, capping a case that exposed political corruption in the state Capitol.

Under a plea deal with federal prosecutors, Yee faces a likely prison term of at least several years for his felony conviction for using his political influence to accept bribes. The plea deal was presented in court here to U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer, who will sentence the former Democratic state senator from San Francisco on Oct. 21.

Yee was set to go on trial on political corruption, money laundering and gun trafficking charges in August along with three other defendants, political consultant Keith Jackson, his son, Brandon Jackson, and former sports agent Marlon Sullivan.

Those defendants also pleaded guilty Wednesday under separate plea deals with the U.S. attorney’s office. Keith Jackson, accused of being at the center of Yee’s dealings, pleaded guilty to the same racketeering charge as the defrocked state legislator.[…]

By pleading guilty to the racketeering charge, Yee, among other things, admitted that he agreed to influence legislation for would-be medical marijuana businesses in California, professional sports teams and a company seeking government technology contracts. The racketeering charge also contained allegations Yee tried to arrange an illegal international arms deal through the Philippines in exchange for money.

Yee admitted, for example accepting an $11,000 cash bribe in June 2013 from an undercover FBI agent to help sponsor statewide marijuana legislation, according to his plea agreement. In addition, he admitted he laundered a $6,800 contribution to his secretary of state campaign in 2014, court records show.

Yee’s plea deal avoids a detailed exploration at trial of his political dealing, and likely reduced his potential punishment, while the government will not be forced to detail the scope of an undercover FBI probe that crossed paths with numerous high-profile figures who were not implicated in any wrongdoing, including former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Joe Montana and San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_28415152/leland-yee-pleads-guilty-corruption-case

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:55:25 PM

3 27 2014 Leland Yee Shrimp Boy Raymond Chow & Keith Jackson San Francisco's Finest

He did talk to the FBI, most likely why the gun running charges was dropped...

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:23:52 PM

Those are the games he will learn to play for a long while...

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: