Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:10:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a medium for donations  (Read 1262 times)
1miau (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 6739

Currently not much available - see my websitelink

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2022, 06:53:36 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2023, 10:06:35 PM by 1miau
Merited by derBowler (12), icopress (10), GazetaBitcoin (5), Lucius (1), ABCbits (1), DdmrDdmr (1), tranthidung (1), Poker Player (1)

Bitcoin is often accused to be completely useless but of course we know it is not true. Because Bitcoin is useful in various ways already and it will continue to be useful for many more cases when Bitcoin gets more established.

A very famous usecase for Bitcoin are already donations and Bitcoin as a medium for donations is gaining more support currently.
Bitcoin has a big advantage to make it an excellent choice for donations: Bitcoin is easily accessible, it’s fast and it’s a global network. Especially Bitcoin’s global network is a big game changer in favor of Bitcoin because it can be sent boderless from country to country. It can be sent from Australia to Europe, from Asia to Africa, just everywhere, Bitcoin is accepted.

And Bitcoin will gain more popularity as a medium for donations when Bitcoin gets more established because more people will know and accept Bitcoin.
Some experts say: a network is multiple times more useful if it’s used by more people.

And that’s what happening to Bitcoin currently, it’s getting more useful every day, especially for donations.

Donations on Bitcointalk where Bitcoin is used / was used recently

Bitcoin is known for various Bitcointalk donation projects already, where members from Bitcointalk were organizing donation campaigns and used Bitcoin as a medium for donations.

Especially right now, some donation campaigns are currently active and hosted at Bitcointalk:

1.   Support for Ukraine, organized by @derBowler [active]

Ukraine is currently suffering from a full-scale russian invasion, when Putin decided on February 24 to invade Ukraine and Putin’s final goal looks like Ukraine’s defeat and additionally the defeat of freedom and democracy in Ukraine.

Putin is commiting war crimes every day because russia’s military is targeting not only military targets but also very often civilian buildings and normal houses.
A very high number of war crimes was documented already.

As a result, a very large number of people is leaving the country to search a safe place and survive the war.

In Europe, many people are helping to organize transports of refugees, many oft them starting on the polish border.
DerBowler from Germany is also offering local support where he organizes help, transports of refugees and food.
He and his friends have already rescued a few hundred of refugees to Germany.

Pictures are currently not loading, I'll notify derBowler...

More from his efforts can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5387906.0
He’ll post updates and new picures frequently.

Donations can be sent here:

Bitcoin : bc1qcatsxvw057khlcazrzpl33rje8lvjnyz6ryxxh

Ethereum : 0xD7638eb545678a58A9Fd77B12eb7dF5C30Cec0D5

Monero : 4958PhVdtQGTpgdpC2VUhv94MvnCSrA4E77aVmViwfdzbTrU5VGfYRtPTNSjcwtJgNhGzyVw9AqTMG4 A5Upv623cEPesXaU

2.   Support for Ukraine, organized by @icopress [active]

Organizing to help Ukraine at the frontlines is also very important and icopress is an Ukrainian, who has set up a donation campaign to help near the frontlines.
He’s located aroud Nikolaev, where he provides food to Ukrainians resisting there and troops deployed in that region:

I have no experience in managing charitable funds but I know how to help my city here locally, maybe this initiative will help pay for additional power generators, food or gasoline, since all the largest wholesale food bases of the Nikolaev region are located in the regional center, which is currently located on the line of demarcation, (the situation is also complicated by the fact that stores use various tricks and speculate on prices, adding a markup of 20 to 35% on all goods).

I immediately want to say that I will not keep a spreadsheet, all I can do is publish here in the thread photos of the work done and checks, if any (very often checks are simply not issued because speculation on prices during martial law is equated to a crime). I am not eager to do charity work, but because of this incident, and because my city is in the path of advancement of Russian columns, I decided to post a bitcoin address.

Code: (Electrum)
Messege: icopress / 01.03.2022
Donation address: bc1qx4mhrpq8fjpppt62gv83vqlaqqwuwqqxjuupeu
Address: bc1qx4mhrpq8fjpppt62gv83vqlaqqwuwqqxjuupeu
Sig: ICHWFcChnivJL6PN3NgfQdI8RVd6vkSCMZ5FK0fpWTE8N101PQvLE6WTnn4jmc95BRpfRkDFOzObPHtGvsUrO30=

Here are some pictures how donation funds were used:

Cooking for a local checkpoint.

My wife is just smart [Continuing to cook food for the guys at the nearest checkpoint] Kiss

More from his efforts can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5387774.0
He’ll post updates and new picures frequently and in my summary here I've only given a short overview about his donation campaign, icopress is doing a lot and I'll quote his reply as a reference:

In addition, you cited only routine tasks as an example. If someone has a desire, then in the thread there are links to other photographic materials (including those that I published reluctantly). I'll be doing another update soon as well, which means I'm still busy with it...as I don't have much choice.

Bitcoin : bc1qx4mhrpq8fjpppt62gv83vqlaqqwuwqqxjuupeu

3.   Building rice farms in the Philippines [finished]

It was only a very limited donation campaign where a small amount of donations was involved but it was enough to set up a rice farm and distribute the rice after harvesting to everyone in their small town. It was located in Isabela Province, Phillipines, by a local farmer who sent me updates regularly.
Our donation campaign was documented here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5334727.0
Bitcoin was proven once again as a solid medium for donations.

I’m sure we’ll see more donations campaigns also on Bitcointalk for various opportunities where Bitcoin will show its usefulness as a medium for donations.  Smiley

If you know about a currently active donation campaign hosted at Bitcointalk, feel free to share it here and if at least 2 DT1 Members vouch for you and your donation campaign, I’ll include your donation campaign below.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1miau (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2022, 06:53:53 PM

If you are interested to donate, you can visit their own Announcements where updates are posted frequently:

Campaign by icopress:

Announcement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5387774.0

Bitcoin :
Code:
bc1qx4mhrpq8fjpppt62gv83vqlaqqwuwqqxjuupeu

Campaign by derBowler:

Announcement: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5387906.0

Bitcoin :
Code:
bc1qcatsxvw057khlcazrzpl33rje8lvjnyz6ryxxh

Ethereum :
Code:
0xD7638eb545678a58A9Fd77B12eb7dF5C30Cec0D5

Monero :
Code:
4958PhVdtQGTpgdpC2VUhv94MvnCSrA4E77aVmViwfdzbTrU5VGfYRtPTNSjcwtJgNhGzyVw9AqTMG4 A5Upv623cEPesXaU

I have donated to all campaigns listed here and I’m in support of them.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
icopress
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 7782

light_warrior ... 🕯️

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2022, 07:27:28 PM
Merited by 1miau (4), GazetaBitcoin (1)

1miau, Thanks for the mention... in fact the situation has improved significantly since the line of contact has moved 80 kilometers away from my city. In addition, you cited only routine tasks as an example. If someone has a desire, then in the thread there are links to other photographic materials (including those that I published reluctantly). I'll be doing another update soon as well, which means I'm still busy with it...as I don't have much choice.

All Peaceful sky above your head.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
1miau (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2022, 07:41:30 PM

1miau, Thanks for the mention... in fact the situation has improved significantly since the line of contact has moved 80 kilometers away from my city.
Great to hear and it's a big demonstration of power, how useful donations can be if enough people join. I hope it will keep improving.  Smiley

I have added your reply in my OP that people know about all of your work.
Looking forward to your update.

Very good job!  Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
suryana

Activity: 1218
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
April 03, 2022, 08:46:45 PM

In our opinion.currently the media is very influential in all aspects of whatever it all depends on bitcoin users to make donations in the form of media, especially at this time the media is very influential in a reality on social media, with so many media users of course this will be a step that it is very good for bitcoin if you want to make a donation in this way so that it can indirectly have a good effect on the sustainability of bitcoin in the long term, with this at least it can increase public trust in the crypto world today

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
April 03, 2022, 10:19:41 PM

Bitcoin has so far made a very high contribution as a tool for distributing compassionate donations to others, both nationally and internationally, as was the quick response that was done by friends in several countries even though the media was not very kind about this.like in my country which is prone to natural disasters.

bitcoin and crypto assets can be used for a more positive and beneficial. we can see that with , an exchange platform as a charitable channel that accepts Bitcoin, Ethereum, USDT and other crypto assets. Not only that, some of them even started to use digital tokens and cryptographic-based technologies such as blockchain, in a careful and more innovative way as a way to make it easier for us to care for others

lalabotax

Activity: 1512
Merit: 132

BK8 - Most Trusted Gambling Platform

View Profile
April 03, 2022, 11:21:06 PM

A very famous usecase for Bitcoin are already donations and Bitcoin as a medium for donations is gaining more support currently.
Bitcoin has a big advantage to make it an excellent choice for donations: Bitcoin is easily accessible, it’s fast and it’s a global network. Especially Bitcoin’s global network is a big game changer in favor of Bitcoin because it can be sent boderless from country to country. It can be sent from Australia to Europe, from Asia to Africa, just everywhere, Bitcoin is accepted.
It is true. Bitcoin is different from any other currency because it has no limitations to send and use. This is probably the reason why Bitcoin is quite popular to be an option for donation. I think with the current imaging of Bitcoin or with the current impression, people will be no longer assume Bitcoin useless or only used for bad purposes. Bitcoin is already a famous media to use for donation purposes. People must change their mindset about Bitcoin.

CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
April 03, 2022, 11:26:24 PM

It is true. Bitcoin is different from any other currency because it has no limitations to send and use. This is probably the reason why Bitcoin is quite popular to be an option for donation. I think with the current imaging of Bitcoin or with the current impression, people will be no longer assume Bitcoin useless or only used for bad purposes. Bitcoin is already a famous media to use for donation purposes. People must change their mindset about Bitcoin.

Aside from that, donators who do want to be anonymous and not disclose their identity will be encouraged to place their donations. This is another advantage as you can send and receive anonymously. This is why a lot of crypto donations are pouring to Ukraine, anonymous donors sending their crypto to this country without the danger of exposing their identity to the public. You don't need to go to a third party institution just to send money and fill-up a form. If you have your crypto in your wallet, you can directly send it to them. But definitely, make sure that you are sending to the right people not to scammers.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
April 03, 2022, 11:28:59 PM

In our opinion.currently the media is very influential in all aspects of whatever it all depends on bitcoin users to make donations in the form of media, especially at this time the media is very influential in a reality on social media, with so many media users of course this will be a step that it is very good for bitcoin if you want to make a donation in this way so that it can indirectly have a good effect on the sustainability of bitcoin in the long term, with this at least it can increase public trust in the crypto world today

Another reason why bitcoin is a popular medium for donation is that you can collect donations worldwide through bitcoins. Anyone anywhere in the world can easily donate money in bitcoin without any hassle. We have seen recently how conveniently Ukraine collected donations in bitcoins and crypto which otherwise was not possible. Anonymity can be another reason but for me, it is the ease in transactions in bitcoins which encourages people to donate in bitcoin.
suryana

Activity: 1218
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
April 04, 2022, 08:31:33 PM

with the number of media users today, of course, it is very influential in an investment, including in the crypto world where bitcoin is currently the largest investment and is so popular among the public.moreover bitcoin wants to make plans for donations using this media will have a good impact on the survival of bitcoin if which is something you really want to do, let alone the donation is in the form of a positive activity

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
April 04, 2022, 08:49:24 PM

Changing of beliefs and thoughts would surely be in line on where those bad impressions and treatment might changed overtime specially now that it could be seen that it is really that applicable on donation kind of matter
The good thing about having bitcoin donation as a donator is that you could really sent out funds or donation without making yourself known publicly which is a plus and also any transactions made out by that
donation address could really be seen which it would be transparent whether it is really been applied into that particular cause or aim.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
1miau (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2022, 10:50:04 PM
Merited by icopress (1)

We have some more updates from our campaigns:

derBowler; logistics from Germany to Ukraine, a summary of his achievements so far:

His team achieved:

- a total of 38 vehicles were used for transportations (normal cars, small pickups and even large trucks)

- ca. 125 tonnes fashion

- 70 palettes baby accessoirs

- 80 tonnes baby food

- 60 tonnes washing articles

- 50 tonnes first aid articles

- 20 tonnes medicine

- various technical products

- Drinks, candy, animal food, tool kits, etc.

- a total of 1100 people (mostly women and kids) were brougt to Germany

Original update (German): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5387906.msg59791856#msg59791856

Donations are still welcome: bc1qcatsxvw057khlcazrzpl33rje8lvjnyz6ryxxh

icopress; logistics in Ukraine like helping near the frontlines and helping for local civilians:

Luckily, the frontlines were pushed back by Ukraine and the situation is now less dangerous around Mykolaiv.
The Ukrainian army is still doing counter offensives to push back towards Kherson.
icopress is still providing support, there's much to do for local civilians and he's still involved in helping near the frontlines.

Original updates: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5387774.msg59616915#msg59616915

Donations are still welcome: bc1qx4mhrpq8fjpppt62gv83vqlaqqwuwqqxjuupeu

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
DapanasFruit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 49

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
April 13, 2022, 05:00:13 AM

This post made me cry and it is because I can really feel the extreme hardships and difficulties that people of Ukraine are experiencing right now due to mad invasion by Putin. And that is why we must really be supporting the people in there so they can survive this ordeal and one day get back to their normal lives. The outpouring of support for the cause can be heartwarming and is a big reminder to all of us how Bitcoin can be a big tool for the good of humanity. Bitcoin can be the best tool for humanitarian concern and I am sure that people will always remember this into the future. I am also particularly happy to note of that rice farming project right here in my own country courtesy of people who extend their generous help...am thinking right now of maybe also putting up a project for my own community now reeling with a lot of challenges including the increasing prices of foods and common commodities. Thanks for this post.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
Quickset

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2022, 07:32:37 AM

There are definite benefits to accepting Bitcoin as a payment method. First and foremost, you can accept donations from anyone in the world regardless of the currency they have chosen to use. You can also accept donations instantly and without any delays. You can also send donations without any fees or delays, which can be very helpful in situations where immediate aid is required.
tranthidung
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 3983

Farewell o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2022, 03:13:49 PM
Merited by 1miau (1), icopress (1)

Bitcoin is often accused to be completely useless but of course we know it is not true. Because Bitcoin is useful in various ways already and it will continue to be useful for many more cases when Bitcoin gets more established.
Bitcoin is not useless. If it is useless, it would be a dead coin after 13 years (since 2009). In fact, total transactions and total transaction value per second on Bitcoin network have increased significantly over time. In addition, the growth of Lightning Network in past 2 years are amazing.

Donation or any other activities for good or bad intention, are just part of Bitcoin use-cases.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
justdimin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 16, 2022, 12:53:59 PM

It is seriously mind blowing how the whole world can get together and help each other out. Obviously there are a lot more other nations that could have used help but couldn't get the media attention or the pity, like how we all know Africa is doing badly in many nations or how Venezuela was doing badly, but there wasn't bombs raining by Russia there so we didn't care.

I am not sure if it's love for Ukraine or hatred for Russia that caused it, but at the very end I am happy that it's growing. All the other charities that accept bitcoin and helps people are doing a great work, if you are donating with bitcoin from the other side of the world, that shows your humanity and your love, you are a great person.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
1miau (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2022, 10:51:16 PM
Merited by icopress (5)

All the other charities that accept bitcoin and helps people are doing a great work, if you are donating with bitcoin from the other side of the world, that shows your humanity and your love, you are a great person.
Of course, Bitcoin as a global medium for donations is just getting started.  Smiley

Some updates for our campaigns:

The campaign from icopress is still ongoing, he's still helping in his area around Mykolaiv and his recent updates can be found here.
Unfotunately pro-Putin trolls flooded his topic and therefore, it's locked currently.

derBowler has also been several times in Ukraine, delievered material and processed transportations. He's currently preparing a new delievery here., where he's still short of some funds.

Donations are always welcome (donation addresses can be found in the second post).  Smiley Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OcTradism

Activity: 1722
Merit: 801

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2022, 04:22:16 AM

With Lightning Network, donation will become more easily. Because donators can donate with smaller fraction of Bitcoin if they don't have big fraction of Bitcoin for donation.

Donation is always good because it helps us to keep warming up our soul by sharing, helping others and be kind with others.

Such donations are very helpful for people in need but make sure you have a good filtering process for your donation delivering. There are bad people who are not actually in need but try to cheat donation. Sad to have such people as they should stay outside and give such presents for others who in poverty and in need of help.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
GeraldTucker

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2022, 05:56:22 AM

Bitcoin has become a popular way of donating. Donation imo, is a great responsibility and a person should be aware of the legitimacy of the organisation you are donating in. There has also been a surge in the increasing number of scamming acts.
darkv0rt3x

Activity: 1204
Merit: 658

I rather die on my feet than to live on my knees

View Profile
July 12, 2022, 11:22:52 AM
Merited by 1miau (1)

@icopress I would love to ask a few questions:

1 - How did you get people to trust you in the first place so that people make donations without fearing any scheme? I have no idea how you pulled that out! Is that because you're a well known forum contributor alone?

2 - This is more a generic question but I'm still not sure about the answer. So, you get donations in an address. Then, in order to make those donations actually valuable, you have to sell those Bitcoins for fiat so that you guys can purchase stuff locally. Is it like that that it works? Or what is the process?

Keep up the good work. That is a noble action from you

Bitcoin is energy. Bitcoin is freedom
I rather die on my feet than living on my knees!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: