Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:05:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: so btc value is finished?  (Read 9263 times)
thresher (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:32:59 PM

All I see is down and down, we couldn't even break into 6s during the last rally.
If bitcoin isn't valuable then why use it instead of a new coin that doesn't have a few powerful people that all ready control all of it?
Thinking of cashing out all my BTC and going to vegas for an expensive weekend Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:41:40 PM

All I see is down and down, we couldn't even break into 6s during the last rally.
If bitcoin isn't valuable then why use it instead of a new coin that doesn't have a few powerful people that all ready control all of it?
Thinking of cashing out all my BTC and going to vegas for an expensive weekend Smiley

Bitcoin will be around 200 soon, there are better coins now. Bitcoin has no advantage other than being the first
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 05:52:04 PM

Strange, you are going to Vegas to blow all your money.

Me, I am going back to work so I can get more cheap bitcoins and save for my future.
thresher (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:24:10 PM

Strange, you are going to Vegas to blow all your money.

Me, I am going back to work so I can get more cheap bitcoins and save for my future.

I'm glad your going back to work, I never left.  Just watching money I spent on bitcoin and miners, getting flushed down the toilet, when I could have applied that money to something fun.
You can keep buying "cheap coins," because unless you are buying tens of thousands worth for a quick flip on price spikes, your not getting any money any time soon, and since bit coin only reached the value it did thanks to mt gox, good luck seeing those numbers again.

I'm pro bitcoin, and I believe in its adoption. I'm just realistic and realize that it's unit value is going down the shitter. 
IRS capital loss. 
sanbashiyi
Legendary

Activity: 895
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:30:37 PM

btc is btc ,will be strong in the  future ,don't worry
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:56:05 PM

Price is not the same as value.
vinipoars

Activity: 581
Merit: 507

To the moon!

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 09:00:33 PM

Below 500 USD 'til the end of the week?  Roll Eyes

I still believe bitcoin in the long term as well as other 2 or 3 altcoins.

We are right now in the eye of the hurricane.
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:22:30 PM

Bitcoin will be around 200 soon, there are better coins now. Bitcoin has no advantage other than being the first
Litecoin crashed even more than BTC.
thresher (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:31:56 PM

Litecoin crashed even more than BTC.
Please sell all of your bitcoins to someone that is not as concerned about the price. You will sleep better at night with one less thing to worry about.

I'm concerned about the price of gas, doesn't mean I give in and walk everywhere Smiley

I fucking hold litecoin as well lmao, but honestly i'm not concerned about ltc. 
dotcom

Activity: 354

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:57:21 PM

Crashes have happened before, and everytime people scream it's the end of btc.

Other 'better' altcoins do exist, but it'll be years and years before their popularity will reach that of bitcoin, they also have no place in the public eye (which means businesses are much less likely to adopt them).

Bitcoin breaking into several online markets and vendors that previously scoffed it. I don't think this is the end of btc at all.
K128kevin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 10:45:18 PM

Bitcoin may not be the best, and it's only advantage may be that it was first, but in reality that is a HUGE, HUUUUGGEEE advantage. Probably the biggest advantage you can have. To be more clear, it's actually not the fact that it came first that gives it an advantage, but rather the fact that it currently is the most popular by far (because it gained popularity before others did). This is why Facebook is so much more popular than Google+. It is why YouTube is more popular than Vimeo. The thing that becomes more popular first tends to stay the most popular by far. These trends can even be (and often are) mathematically modeled using graphs of social networks.

Consider a graph with nodes and edges, where each node represents a cryptocurrency user and each edge represents a transaction between two users. Connected nodes want to be using the same cryptocurrency, otherwise they can't trade with each other. Each node has a rule that it will adopt the cryptocurrency that is used by more than a certain percent (let's say 50%) of its connected nodes. You can see how if the majority of the nodes use bitcoin, the phenomenon will spread and almost everybody will use it. In order to change that and have everybody use, say Litecoin, you need to have enough people adopt Litecoin such that the majority of every node's neighboring nodes adopted litecoin. It is difficult to explain this without drawing it, but hopefully you get my main point: inertia is powerful, and bitcoin still has a TON of it.

Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:46:08 PM

Bitcoin may not be the best, and it's only advantage may be that it was first, but in reality that is a HUGE, HUUUUGGEEE advantage. Probably the biggest advantage you can have. To be more clear, it's actually not the fact that it came first that gives it an advantage, but rather the fact that it currently is the most popular by far (because it gained popularity before others did). This is why Facebook is so much more popular than Google+. It is why YouTube is more popular than Vimeo. The thing that becomes more popular first tends to stay the most popular by far. These trends can even be (and often are) mathematically modeled using graphs of social networks.

Consider a graph with nodes and edges, where each node represents a cryptocurrency user and each edge represents a transaction between two users. Connected nodes want to be using the same cryptocurrency, otherwise they can't trade with each other. Each node has a rule that it will adopt the cryptocurrency that is used by more than a certain percent (let's say 50%) of its connected nodes. You can see how if the majority of the nodes use bitcoin, the phenomenon will spread and almost everybody will use it. In order to change that and have everybody use, say Litecoin, you need to have enough people adopt Litecoin such that the majority of every node's neighboring nodes adopted litecoin. It is difficult to explain this without drawing it, but hopefully you get my main point: inertia is powerful, and bitcoin still has a TON of it.

In my opinion, if Bitcoin isn't the best, which it isn't, then we need to move On.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
bgmc

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:25:49 AM

Yes, totally agree. Being the first will always give it the advantage, and I'd be very surprised if another coin ever surpassed bitcoin, especially without signficant financial backing (such as if the federal reserve came out with a coin to replace the USD).

Bitcoin has consitently traded above the 400 level. There is a ton of buy support at 400. I doubt it'll break below that point.
uninterpreted

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:38:12 AM

Bitcoin price fluctuation attracts entrepreneurs for the chance at riches with a quick turnover, despite the high volatility. It actually stimulates the altconomy in its own confounded way.
rmines

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:39:45 AM

Better coins, such as? Could you give some serious examples and explain why these are better?

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
Paya

Activity: 334

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:00:54 AM

Bitcoin may not be the best, and it's only advantage may be that it was first, but in reality that is a HUGE, HUUUUGGEEE advantage.

We also shouldn't forget the huge basic infrastructure that bitcoin has built over the time (still growing at insane rate), which other coins can only dream about. Apparently, bitcoin mining network now exceeds 480000+ petaflops: world's most powerful supercomputers are literally dwarfed compared to this. And it's all about the security: altcoins are looking very fragile on that field. Perhaps only the fact that all of them, even litecoin, are in the deep shadows far from the mainstream medias might be keeping them away from troubles.
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:08:34 AM

I'm not sure about the term value.

Anyhow, have fun in Vegas? Sure there is a significant amount of parity, but it doesn't take away from the inherent value of bitcoin. Pegged price on the other hand? That's a completely different story.
Mego

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 04:52:22 AM

Bitcoin price is dropping because of the panic selling in China due to the false news/rumors that China is banning crypto again , more like market manipulation .... In the past few months its been one blow after another , if it got this far without dropping back to nothing it won't be going lower back to the 300's , if you wanna blow all your btc I'd be more than happy to buy them  Cheesy
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:25:53 AM

This "bitcoin going down" topics are starting to get irritating as a fucking mosquito on the picnic.

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit