Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:51:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: so btc value is finished?  (Read 9263 times)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:42:03 PM

Just be patient, btc now got hard time, but in future i'm sure will be most value currency in world

BTC will be an exciting adventure no matter what happens to the price.  Smiley

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ryan-Coinpal

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 04:47:33 AM

Bitcoins value and price will fluctuate over time but in the long run Bitcoins price and value will go up.

Whilst Ido agree with you, we can't be sure. We are all intelligent here and even as someone who is a partner in an exchange/mining pool creation, I still say BTC could crash and burn one day soon. Today, tomorrow, ten years.. We can't predict the future, but we can educate guess.

I'm seeing a $800-$1100 bitcoin by mid June personally. Hopefully we break the $1000 barrier. Weak hands stay away!
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 05:17:06 AM

Russia ban US dolar 04.04 2014 russia sale wepon and oil/gas only in rusian ruble,euro and Renminbi Payments.and say ruble go on gold standard.germany-China use euro-Renminbi,Australia

This mean only that other value like euro will grow n this mean that n BTC will

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

ryanmnercer

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2014, 10:57:59 AM

Russia ban US dolar 04.04 2014 russia sale wepon and oil/gas only in rusian ruble,euro and Renminbi Payments.and say ruble go on gold standard.germany-China use euro-Renminbi,Australia

Several nations have been trying to move oil to Euro. It's the likely replacement.

Buy peptides with BTC
arcnorth

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 10:41:20 PM

A new 2nd gen crypto with built-in asset exchange and anonymity features should eventually replace bitcoin. Bitcoin simply doesn't have the infrastructure for the advanced features to build on.

My 2 cents worth  Smiley
bitcoinforhelp

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 11:09:03 PM

be patience, be calm, Wink winter is not comming yet
ensarwyckven

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:57:14 AM

There is a real need and purpose for crypto-currencies such as Bitcoins and other altcoins, so Bitcoin could-and-should be able to survive through all of the ups and downs, that it has, is, and will be going through.
billysweird

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:35:18 PM

Bitcoin will be around 200 soon, there are better coins now. Bitcoin has no advantage other than being the first

Bitcoin may not be the best, and it's only advantage may be that it was first, but in reality that is a HUGE, HUUUUGGEEE advantage. Probably the biggest advantage you can have. To be more clear, it's actually not the fact that it came first that gives it an advantage, but rather the fact that it currently is the most popular by far (because it gained popularity before others did). This is why Facebook is so much more popular than Google+. It is why YouTube is more popular than Vimeo. The thing that becomes more popular first tends to stay the most popular by far. These trends can even be (and often are) mathematically modeled using graphs of social networks.

Consider a graph with nodes and edges, where each node represents a cryptocurrency user and each edge represents a transaction between two users. Connected nodes want to be using the same cryptocurrency, otherwise they can't trade with each other. Each node has a rule that it will adopt the cryptocurrency that is used by more than a certain percent (let's say 50%) of its connected nodes. You can see how if the majority of the nodes use bitcoin, the phenomenon will spread and almost everybody will use it. In order to change that and have everybody use, say Litecoin, you need to have enough people adopt Litecoin such that the majority of every node's neighboring nodes adopted litecoin. It is difficult to explain this without drawing it, but hopefully you get my main point: inertia is powerful, and bitcoin still has a TON of it.

Yes, totally agree. Being the first will always give it the advantage, and I'd be very surprised if another coin ever surpassed bitcoin, especially without signficant financial backing (such as if the federal reserve came out with a coin to replace the USD).

Bitcoin has consitently traded above the 400 level. There is a ton of buy support at 400. I doubt it'll break below that point.

Totally agree!
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:57:32 PM

Yeah it's finished. Pack your bags and go home. Keep your money in a secure bank and get a nice 1.5% increase a year while the money devalues by 5%.

./ sarcasm.

Where are you getting 1.5% in a bank?!?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:01:20 PM

All I see is down and down, we couldn't even break into 6s during the last rally.
If bitcoin isn't valuable then why use it instead of a new coin that doesn't have a few powerful people that all ready control all of it?
Thinking of cashing out all my BTC and going to vegas for an expensive weekend Smiley

Strange, you are going to Vegas to blow all your money.

Me, I am going back to work so I can get more cheap bitcoins and save for my future.

you are an idio...

save for your future, how nice, how naive, let me gues, you are also a "hard working" stacker (silver and gold, silver for you only, cause you are poor probably) and an american :-).

This forum is getting dumber and dumber :-/.

And what smart culture that's better than America are you from?

billysweird

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 03:58:48 AM

All I see is down and down, we couldn't even break into 6s during the last rally.
If bitcoin isn't valuable then why use it instead of a new coin that doesn't have a few powerful people that all ready control all of it?
Thinking of cashing out all my BTC and going to vegas for an expensive weekend Smiley

Crashes have happened before, and everytime people scream it's the end of btc.

Other 'better' altcoins do exist, but it'll be years and years before their popularity will reach that of bitcoin, they also have no place in the public eye (which means businesses are much less likely to adopt them).

Bitcoin breaking into several online markets and vendors that previously scoffed it. I don't think this is the end of btc at all.

More people come, more people left. I'm the one stay, I believe it's never the end for bit coin! I believe Bit coin will become the real currency or main exchange channel one day!

Bit coin! $1000! Come!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 04:04:11 AM

This will have no effect on the BTC exchange rates. Perhaps the BTC exchage rates may gain slightly, as the USD weakens. But seriously, why CNY? It is a manipulated currency. The Russians should have gone with CHF.
billysweird

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:15:56 AM

I guess you wonder about how much this bitcoin generator will cost you, right?! Again I will give you my honest answer: It costs you nothin except 2 minutes of your time to complete a quick survey! Thats how cheap it is!
sboldwary

Activity: 44

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:21:40 PM

It's happening, the price of the bitcoin is down and down and looks like there is a long recovery way, the current situation with the Chinese exchangers, and the australian banks has been really bad, when the bitcoin reach the frontier of the 200 $ will be a tragedy. 
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 21, 2014, 07:58:03 PM

Please do not take offense at this, but I as I look at the OP as well as some of the other posts on here I cannot help but check and see how long some of you have members of the forum.  It appears that some of you have only been on here for a month or two.  I will assume that you have purchased Bitcoin only recently.  With that I say congratulations!  You have purchased at an amazing time!  It may not feel like it now, but if you do not panic and just hold some coins for just a year you will end up a "veteran" on here and your perception of what Bitcoin is and where it is going will change.  

Last year I had purchased into the "April Bubble" as it is now referred to.  I was underwater for a long and painful Summer.  The question crossed my mind to just sell and walk away.  Maybe I "missed the boat."  Maybe Bitcoin is going nowhere.  These thoughts crossed my mind too.  But there were some wiser investors on here. (Rpietila for one) They did not panic.  They were not even fazed by the drop.  In fact, they welcomed it.  Why?  Probably because many were carefully taking advantage of the highs and lows that come with Bitcoin.  The drops were just a great opportunity to pick up more coins at "bargain."  I owe these veterans much gratitude.  By staying calm I was able to see how fast Bitcoin could rise, as it did in November.  I still don't consider myself and expert, but I think I have learned a thing or two.  Bitcoin is experiencing exponential growth.  There are "bubbles" within this growth and according to some wise investors (such as Barry Silbert) we will have another bubble (which he said he "guaranteed" by the way.)  So hold on to your coins and have just a little patience.  The year is young.  

sj2199

Activity: 797
Merit: 500

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:52:18 AM

Skycoin a second generation crypto coin that could replace bitcoins. Skycoin is designed to be a simpler, easier to use, more secure Bitcoin. Skycoin emphasizes simplicity, security and usability over doing everything. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Densukke

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 02:07:45 PM

we seem to be driving toward ... who can name the best alt coin (or the one a dev is being part of) in order to get the word out.

Bitcoin WILL not disappear, since as mentioned along all of the previous posts, was the first, gaining World Wide acceptance, or at least someone heard of it... and as also explained in other posts, its mainly a corner-stone for all other alt-crypto-currencies to be able to exchange and persist in the market.

that being said... ppl need to start learning more about this newly and revolutionary currency we have at hand... and if you still think good-old banking , taking out paper-bills that represent (some vague) value for the country you are standing on... please do watch this, and think about it once more time: http://vimeo.com/57527797

I vouch for liberty and decentralized way of exchanging and handling money... and if you are still at it, saying that its hackable... that its being use for drug deals, and that it has no real value... please watch this last one video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

and if you still are doubtfull about this... bury your head in the sand... and let evolution do its thing..

Cheers

PS: I was not going to do this...but I thought it was worth sharing: Check BLACKCOIN, and this looks a whole lot more like a worthy and dependable alt-coin nowadays...
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 30, 2014, 06:13:42 PM

It's happening, the price of the bitcoin is down and down and looks like there is a long recovery way, the current situation with the Chinese exchangers, and the australian banks has been really bad, when the bitcoin reach the frontier of the 200 $ will be a tragedy. 

You were wrong and people who followed your advice lost a lot of money.
Better luck next time.  Smiley
Now that we are over $600 how soon for $800.......??

gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:36:05 AM

Bitcoin is like the esperanto language! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto
I think it will prosper some day! In the future it will not be affected by any other curency in the world it is just the payment of the future!
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:46:27 AM

Bitcoin is like the esperanto language! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto
I think it will prosper some day! In the future it will not be affected by any other curency in the world it is just the payment of the future!

You contradict yourself in this post. Does Esperanto really prosper? Smiley

Well, on the other hand, the number of languages in the world is going down, out of ~7000 world languages existing today, roughly 1 language dies every 10 days, that is, the last of its speakers dies and the language dies with him. Most of those dying languages are minor tribal languages. In about 100 years only 3500 languages will remain per estimates. That's globalization and centralization in languages.

Will currencies go the same way? I do have my doubts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: