Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:32:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Such News pisses me off!  (Read 404 times)
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1110

View Profile
May 17, 2022, 01:52:02 PM

I was curious to know that Barclays had invested in Bitcoin! Did a simple search and found the accurate story. If your read the complete article you will know that this investment has nothing to do with Bitcoin.
I don't know what I'm suppose to make out of the link you just referred as, I'm unable to access the site without a registration & subscription fees and it feels awkward as, all I needed to do was verify the story and isn't sure if I should go with that nor of what relevance it would be to me afterwards. It would have been of advantage to have just quote the message and let users have a direct view in these terms.

Although, its not surprising how news are been made these days. I guess that makes the topic click bate enough for all crypto enthusiast or investors looking to invest but then, its never any less disappointing and you just can't help it. It's not much different amongst these so called social media iinfluencers.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
May 17, 2022, 02:19:33 PM

Definitely way to promote their own universe! Today influencers and their fake stories; what to say about it. Crypto currency world is completely engulfed by media and social  media influencers these days. If anything that is searched most these days then its definitely the word "bitcoin". Now there comes the experts of hashtags and everything who will suggest to write up nice articles like this, mostly in negative famation so that peeps can easily get attracted to it. I mean most of the peeps always keep an eye on such news so that they can see if they are in good terms with crypto. Its sad, they use such stories to fill their pockets. Cant help it.
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 17, 2022, 02:37:41 PM

Unfortunately it's not only influencers doing such kind of bad reporting. I would say that probably 50% of the online news in my country are being reported in similar fashion, very short and misleading headlines. In the online world it's all about catching the eye of the reader and generating clicks. Fact checking or providing serious news is not the main goal anymore. Generating more traffic usually means getting more revenue through ads. Same goes for the influencers, they are either paid by ads or by the company directly to promote the business. We should be verifying everything we read online before believing it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: