Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:23:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AGAcoin (currency for the Amiga community and others) - Developers wanted!  (Read 32563 times)
T_Power

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:34:51 PM

Hello all,

Found these two "working" nodes in my travels Smiley
addnode=109.201.140.97:22112
addnode=62.59.168.89:22112

Hope they help, but the blockchain is not moving fast at all at the moment.

Stuck on block 524457 since this morning.
We need a couple of Antminer L3+ to get involved here.

Regards,
Tim
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emerger

Activity: 199
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:02:26 AM

While we are waiting for a better block explorer I set up RPC ACE on my node: http://aga.dromland.se
It's slow and ugly and not very useful but better than nothing (I hope).

P.S. I can't code but I have some experience submitting stuff to Github and already have a user there.

Good, I've added that link to the block explorer at https://agacoin.github.io as well as the new addnodes. If anyone has more info to add, like mining pools, or anything, then let us know here, or better, edit the page directly on GitHub.

I've also sent a quick email to the original developer asking if they would point to https://agacoin.github.io in the initial post and consider migrating their original repository over.

(Please pm me with your GitHub username if I should add you to the contributors, otherwise changes will need to go through pull request.)

T_Power

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:19:06 PM

Hello Emerger,

More mining software to add:-  Smiley

Popular miner software for nvidea GPU's is ccminer:-
http://ccminer.org

Windows binaries for ccminer can be found here:-
https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/releases

An example batch file for ccminer:-
ccminer-x64.exe -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://coincave.nl:3760 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Regards,
Tim

P.S. On the topic of Amiga, I still have working A4000, A1200, A500...  Smiley
Spekske

Activity: 673
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 03:06:09 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2017, 04:13:43 PM by Spekske

Hello all,

Found these two "working" nodes in my travels Smiley
addnode=109.201.140.97:22112
addnode=62.59.168.89:22112

Hope they help, but the blockchain is not moving fast at all at the moment.

Stuck on block 524457 since this morning.
We need a couple of Antminer L3+ to get involved here.

Regards,
Tim

Hi there! Not a couple of L3+, using this formula (diff*2^32/120) we get 550MH/s as current power needed to solve blocks at the normal speed of 120 seconds. Diff is 15 at the moment and the number 120 is the normal blocktime in seconds. As a result a miner running at 100MH/s would take about 5.5 minutes to solve a block.

By the way, ip address 62.59.168.89 is my miningpool so yes, it is an active node Smiley

T_Power

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:10:35 PM

Hello Spekske,

I tested your pool yesterday for a short while with a small HP Microserver with an Nvidea GT1030.
The card is to small and only gets 135 kh/s.    Grin Grin Grin

When I can get hold of an L3+ I'll put it to good use.

Thanks for the pool, and when Amigacoin is re-launched hope you get very busy.

Regards,
Tim
Mutoid

Activity: 65
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:42:48 PM

Regards,
Tim

P.S. On the topic of Amiga, I still have working A4000, A1200, A500...  Smiley

Cool, I have two A500's but only one power supply. But that's ok since one of them is slightly broken. I also have a 50mb hard drive (yes, 50 megabytes).
T_Power

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:32:10 PM

Hello Mutoid,

Aha those were the days, 50 MB HD, and "Stiffy" disks.  Cheesy
Even had an NG Amigaone for a while until lightning killed it.  Angry

Now I use Linux and windblows mainly...

On the topic of mining and crypto, I have an Antminer D3 pointed to Prohashing.com, and earning a couple of coins including (Amigacoin AGA).
Hope to keep the AGA blockchain alive through prohashing.com and cryptopia.co.nz exchange.  Smiley

Regards,
Tim
Spekske

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 08:15:53 PM

we have a few more details to decide on. Now the website is up and running thanks to a wonderful contribution we should decide where AGA should go in terms of algo.

- Do we stay with scrypt ?
- If yes, do we go for a hybrid POW/POS version ?
- Should we consider an alternative algo like neoscrypt ?
- Do we want to implement masternodes at some point ?

Any suggestions are welcome.

T_Power

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:44:07 PM

Hello Spekske,

Great work by all you guys so far, i'm just a passenger.  Smiley

- Depending on the algo, does anyone prefer ASIC's or GPU's.
  I know some people don't like ASIC's, I personally have both, so don't mind any algo.
- I enjoy POW.
- Masternodes in the future are good for stability and commitment, see (DASH).

+ For the coders out there, updated wallets will be needed.
+ New White Paper, or roadmap, and purpose for the coin. (Tie into Real Amiga/OS)
+ When re-launched, need to evangelize.

Regards,
Tim
Mutoid

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:51:41 PM

we have a few more details to decide on. Now the website is up and running thanks to a wonderful contribution we should decide where AGA should go in terms of algo.

- Do we stay with scrypt ?
- If yes, do we go for a hybrid POW/POS version ?
- Should we consider an alternative algo like neoscrypt ?
- Do we want to implement masternodes at some point ?

Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm not sure about the benefits of neoscrypt over scrypt. What is the difference in plain English? I personally like POS but POW only works for me too. Could you explain a bit how a masternode would work?

Hello Spekske,

Great work by all you guys so far, i'm just a passenger.  Smiley

- Depending on the algo, does anyone prefer ASIC's or GPU's.
  I know some people don't like ASIC's, I personally have both, so don't mind any algo.
- I enjoy POW.
- Masternodes in the future are good for stability and commitment, see (DASH).

+ For the coders out there, updated wallets will be needed.
+ New White Paper, or roadmap, and purpose for the coin. (Tie into Real Amiga/OS)
+ When re-launched, need to evangelize.

Regards,
Tim

I don't mine a lot myself, I'm more of an investor Smiley When I do mine, I use cpu only. If we let ASICs in we might loose the possibility of solo-mining in AROS x86, but perhaps it's inevitable. As it is now someone might step in with a lot of hashpower and drive difficulty up to the moon, security concerns is another consideration. So no, I don't have a preference when it comes to ASIC or GPU.
papilyn

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:01:49 PM

asics resistant pls.

Spekske

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 03:56:58 AM

Does anyone happen to know if AGA was listed at Cryptsy in the past? From the incredible small number of coins actually being traded I almost think the bulk of them were lost in the past.

Spekske

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 07:21:51 AM

While we are waiting for a better block explorer I set up RPC ACE on my node: http://aga.dromland.se
It's slow and ugly and not very useful but better than nothing (I hope).

P.S. I can't code but I have some experience submitting stuff to Github and already have a user there.

Good, I've added that link to the block explorer at https://agacoin.github.io as well as the new addnodes. If anyone has more info to add, like mining pools, or anything, then let us know here, or better, edit the page directly on GitHub.

I've also sent a quick email to the original developer asking if they would point to https://agacoin.github.io in the initial post and consider migrating their original repository over.

(Please pm me with your GitHub username if I should add you to the contributors, otherwise changes will need to go through pull request.)
Might also be an idea to include links to specific Amiga information on the website like stores that still sell parts, found this one http://amigastore.eu/en/ for example.

Mutoid

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:16:00 AM

I have registered the domain agacoin.dk for use with this project. Why .dk and not .org or .com you might ask? It's a matter of price really, I don't have a whole lot of extra to spend on AGAcoin and also our fridge just broke down (true story!)   Cheesy

agacoin.dk redirects to agacoin.github.io, seed1.agacoin.dk points to aga.coincave.nl (it's IP-address) and seed2 points to my node. I will add www. and stuff later when I have time. I have also updated the homepage with the seed DNS-names.

Spekske

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 02:39:50 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2018, 04:45:13 AM by Spekske

I have registered the domain agacoin.dk for use with this project. Why .dk and not .org or .com you might ask? It's a matter of price really, I don't have a whole lot of extra to spend on AGAcoin and also our fridge just broke down (true story!)   Cheesy

agacoin.dk redirects to agacoin.github.io, seed1.agacoin.dk points to aga.coincave.nl (it's IP-address) and seed2 points to my node. I will add www. and stuff later when I have time. I have also updated the homepage with the seed DNS-names.

Very nice !!!! Happy new year to everyone by the way !!!!!!!

We should set a date if there's no reply again from the original dev. After that date I suggest we start a new thread for AGA.

Next week I'm having a chat with a developer to see what we can come up with, but if anyone here has a developer willing to help out feel free to join in. I might have found a very useful solution to take AGA to the next level, since I run multiple coins on my pool I am currently upgrading MEOW to LYNX, they actually managed to use the new Litecoin code V14 and import the entire coin history, so all the old coins and addresses are available in the new coin. I am convinced we should be able to do something similar to AGA!

Emerger

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:11:47 AM

Might also be an idea to include links to specific Amiga information on the website like stores that still sell parts, found this one http://amigastore.eu/en/ for example.

I put added some basic pages to the website to cover what the coin is for, and also giving some links to the Amiga scene:

* https://agacoin.github.io/about
* https://agacoin.github.io/links

I suppose eventually we need a roadmap there as well...

If you want to make improvements then best to edit those pages directly on GitHub

Looking forward to whatever decisions might be made about the code update!

timmyzhl

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:32:36 AM

Is this project revived? Why 3 years so popular so low?
Emerger

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 07:03:38 AM

Is this project revived? Why 3 years so popular so low?

A few of us trying to revive the project, in some of our free time. Read the thread over the last few pages Wink

god1337

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:32:50 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 11:17:25 PM by god1337

Nodes?HuhHuh

and maybe what the/your conf file looks like.
Mutoid

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:45:04 PM

Nodes?HuhHuh

and maybe what the/your conf file looks like.

Code:
seed1.agacoin.dk
seed2.agacoin.dk

I have just a addnode statement in my QT-conf.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: