Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:08:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AGAcoin (currency for the Amiga community and others) - Developers wanted!  (Read 32564 times)
Emerger

Activity: 199
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:18:42 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 04:43:41 AM by Emerger

How long do you guys think we can keep our AGA at Cryptopia? The block explorer seems working at least. Good that agacoin.dk is registered, someone creating an exchange for it?

We could start out very simple, but I'm not sure about legalities in our country. I have long been dreaming about creating an exchange, but I think the rules are a bit too strict here where I live.

It appears that the LTD/DOGE markets are closing at Cryptopia, which includes AGA. This means you should withdraw any AGA to your own wallet before the market closes. I don't know how long you could store your coins on the exchange if they don't support any exchange for it.

@Spekske: When a new wallet is released, will it be possible to move the decimal point over? so instead of 2B coins there's 2M? (and if you had 3468546 AGA it becomes like 3468.546) This way the exchanges won't have so much problem listing AGA<->BTC market pair.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Emerger

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:34:34 AM

I have requested that AGAcoin be added to the Walletgenerator.net paperwallet generator, so the community will have a place to withdraw coins rather than leave them on Cryptopia (which is closing the LTC/DOGE trading pairs). Remember you can always download the main wallet, and sync with the blockchain, if you don't want to use the paper wallet.

Until AGA is added to the official walletgenerator site, the paper wallet generator with AGA added is available at https://github.com/AGAcoin/WalletGenerator.net/releases/latest

Mutoid

Activity: 65
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:14:01 AM

How long do you guys think we can keep our AGA at Cryptopia? The block explorer seems working at least. Good that agacoin.dk is registered, someone creating an exchange for it?

Running an exchange seems like a full time job and I already have one of those. The security issues alone gives me bad dreams and you constantly have to be on your toes and look out for internet crooks that want to rob the exchange. Stuff like that makes me wary of even thinking about an exchange Smiley

I have requested that AGAcoin be added to the Walletgenerator.net paperwallet generator, so the community will have a place to withdraw coins rather than leave them on Cryptopia (which is closing the LTC/DOGE trading pairs). Remember you can always download the main wallet, and sync with the blockchain, if you don't want to use the paper wallet.

Until AGA is added to the official walletgenerator site, the paper wallet generator with AGA added is available at https://github.com/AGAcoin/WalletGenerator.net/releases/latest

Sweet, I didn't realize they were closing their LTC/DOGE markets. Pity, it was those sub-satoshi markets that made that place have it's unique flavor Smiley
Emerger

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:18:54 AM

Sweet, I didn't realize they were closing their LTC/DODGE markets. Pity, it was those sub-satoshi markets that made that place have it's unique flavor Smiley

Yeah, hopefully AGA will not have too much trouble to find another exchange in future, especially if we can get an updated wallet. Although, it might be nearly impossible unless the decimal point is nudged over a few places to accommodate BTC<->AGA pair. So, I'm hoping to hear if that will be possible Smiley

Mutoid

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:38:22 AM

Does anyone happen to know if AGA was listed at Cryptsy in the past? From the incredible small number of coins actually being traded I almost think the bulk of them were lost in the past.

I don't know but I seem to remember it being used in some fashion by a German electronics shop on the internet. There are some big transactions showing up in the explorer now (block 528546 & 528557), perhaps not so surprising if Cryptopia is delisting.
god1337

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:53:28 AM

Had hard drive with About  8 million before HardDrive went out/went bad. Don't even know if I have it any more. Plus can't find source for wallet to latch to.
Mutoid

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:13:26 AM

Had hard drive with About  8 million before HardDrive went out/went bad. Don't even know if I have it any more. Plus can't find source for wallet to latch to.

I'm not sure I follow you, but if you're still looking for nodes I answered your previous post above.

Nodes?HuhHuh

and maybe what the/your conf file looks like.

Code:
seed1.agacoin.dk
seed2.agacoin.dk

I have just a addnode statement in my QT-conf.

god1337

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:31:39 PM

I'm not sure I follow you, but if you're still looking for nodes I answered your previous post above.

Nodes?HuhHuh

and maybe what the/your conf file looks like.

Code:
seed1.agacoin.dk
seed2.agacoin.dk

I have just a addnode statement in my QT-conf.

When coin first started is the only time I have had my wallet working. 8millon on wallet that Hard drive died on.

Once I got new hard drive and installed Amigacoin wallet for windows and added conf and "No block source ava" Most likely my error some how.
Mutoid

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:05:51 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2018, 11:20:42 AM by Mutoid

Had hard drive with About  8 million before HardDrive went out/went bad. Don't even know if I have it any more. Plus can't find source for wallet to latch to.

When coin first started is the only time I have had my wallet working. 8millon on wallet that Hard drive died on.

Once I got new hard drive and installed Amigacoin wallet for windows and added conf and "No block source ava" Most likely my error some how.

Aha, ok I'm on Linux so I'm not sure where Windows have it's amigacoin.conf-file. The original seednode died when amigacoin.org died. Easiest way to find nodes is probably to find the debug console under Help->Debug (window?) and enter:

Code:
addnode seed1.agacoin.dk add

followed by

Code:
addnode seed2.agacoin.dk add

and wait a little while. If this doesn't give you at least one node I don't know what's up.

Edit: like this: http://aga.dromland.se/screenshot.png My wallet speaks Swedish though Smiley
yeyicheng888

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:46:26 AM

Is the project being idle, as if there is no heat? Such a project is the most disagreeable!
Mutoid

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:01:12 AM

Is the project being idle, as if there is no heat? Such a project is the most disagreeable!

Have you read the thread at all?
god1337

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:00:03 AM

Had hard drive with About  8 million before HardDrive went out/went bad. Don't even know if I have it any more. Plus can't find source for wallet to latch to.

Aha, ok I'm on Linux so I'm not sure where Windows have it's amigacoin.conf-file. The original seednode died when amigacoin.org died. Easiest way to find nodes is probably to find the debug console under Help->Debug (window?) and enter:

Code:
addnode seed1.agacoin.dk add

followed by

Code:
addnode seed2.agacoin.dk add

and wait a little while. If this doesn't give you at least one node I don't know what's up.

Edit: like this: http://aga.dromland.se/screenshot.png My wallet speaks Swedish though Smiley

This worked. TY. You have an address for this coin?
Hombre427

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 02:16:37 AM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 05:52:45 AM by Hombre427

Amigacoin seems a good concept and I think there is likely to be a demand for something like it in future. The "retro" computer scene has never been more alive, with new Amiga hardware projects surfacing all the time ... and also with ongoing OS projects like MorphOS and AROS that will likely continue onto new generations of cheap ARM based hardware. I think it will make a lot of sense for the Amiga community to have its own coin/token and and more so as crypto becomes increasingly mainstream.

Are there any plans for future development? The website is down Sad

I have messaged the developer but not received a response as yet.

From the non-response it seems like the dev of Amigacoin has left the building, although I am eager to be wrong.

Is there any community support for continued development of this coin?

Does anyone have ideas of what would be the best way forward?

My ideas would include:

* (re)establish a new Amigacoin website/announcement
* Pay for someone to update the codebase and,
* Switch to merge mining with Litecoin, instead of solo scrypt mining.

After that we could:

* start a bounty program for anyone contributing to Amigacoin and the Amiga scene in general (and there are many).
* establish a Lite wallet with compatibility aimed at OWB browser or standalone app, usable in AROS/Morphos and even on classic Amiga hardware.

These are just thoughts... but to me, it seems a slight on our computing heritage if we let this coin fade to nothing...

Honestly, I think the dev should let us know what they want to see happen.

Let me know if anyone is here!

Amiga users make Mac users look like IBM users...  And I was all of those Grin

I'd like to talk with you about some of these ideas and more. Please message me at your convenience. Thanks
Emerger

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:38:27 PM

AGA added to the https://walletgenerator.net Paper wallet (if you need a place to withdraw coins from Cryptopia).

segolodeh

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:54:17 PM

This document is not part of anyone’s opinion or any advice to buy an project token or any part there-
of.  No person is required to enter into any contract or binding legal obligation with respect to the to-
kens sale and purchase and no crypto-currency or other form of payment is accepted hereunder.
Mutoid

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:22:20 PM

I had to shut down the explorer at aga.dromland.se, the VPS it ran on was up for payment and I needed the money for other stuff. Moving it to the seed2.agacoin.dk node proved hard due to PHP incompatibilities, the script have not been updated for a long time. I have yet to find a suitable lightweight replacement.
Spekske

Activity: 673
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2018, 07:16:32 AM

Anyone still using http://aga.coincave.nl for mining please point your miner at our new miningpool. We've been working hard to build a new custom miningpool, the basics are nearly done and AGA is already available for mining. Once this project is finished we'll resume looking for a dev for AGA too  Smiley

New miningpool is here:

http://62.59.168.89:8081/index.php

The domainname will be switched over within the next few days.

ducphucmmo

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:02:12 AM

Amigacoin (AGA) list new Exchange Cryptopia

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=AGA_BTC

https://twitter.com/ubiqcoinbot/status/958473413198102530

Congratulation !

Wish you very happy trading !
Mutoid

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:49:27 AM

Amigacoin (AGA) list new Exchange Cryptopia

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=AGA_BTC

https://twitter.com/ubiqcoinbot/status/958473413198102530

Congratulation !

Wish you very happy trading !

Sweet! This is very good news! Cheesy
Spekske

Activity: 673
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 08:22:14 PM

We've updated the pool and the domainname has now been linked again. There will be more statistics soon, so stay tuned.

http://coincave.nl

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: