Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 06:17:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How bad can it get?  (Read 1742 times)
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 12:37:45 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2022, 12:54:56 AM by Metroid

17.5k was not extreme, so i'm sure is not the bottom yet, the bottom is something extreme that nobody believes, for example like when btc crashed from 20k to 3k, right now to be as extreme as 20 to 3k, btc would have to crash to around 9k to 11k, that would be extreme. So reason i dont believe this is the bottom, it was too fast as well, the bottom takes time to be found.

About eth, eth still at 0.05 to btc, so is overvalued at the moment, eth to btc ratio in the crash is usually 0.03 and lower, so meaning if btc crashes to 10k eth will have to crash to 333 usd. This eth ratio will crash as we go from here, dont be surprised to see eth to btc crashing in the coming months and then we see the bottom, I mean in 2018 when btc crashed to 3k, eth to btc got as low as 0.015, so just for the sake of math, if btc crashes to 10k and that eth ratio is at 0.015 then that means eth at 150 usd, for refence always look what happened in 2018 November, will it happen that way again? we never know, if you dont believe this will crash more, you can always buy now, even if crashes a lot more no worries just keep your coins safe and hope for a better opportunity to sell high in few years.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Coinfarm ventures

Activity: 182
Merit: 152

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 02:13:06 AM

good luck to the glass is half empty people
good luck to the glass is half full people.
I can't believe I got upset this morning when I saw BTC rebounded from $18k to $19k. Nowadays the lower price goes, the happier I get. Lol

On top of that I think I can get 4.3¢ after-tax residential power next month... which is perfect for bear market mining. Let's see how big the GPU price crash is. This time I get excited about the bear market unlike 2018 where I suffered greatly.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1713

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 02:57:31 AM

17.5k was not extreme, so i'm sure is not the bottom yet, the bottom is something extreme that nobody believes, for example like when btc crashed from 20k to 3k, right now to be as extreme as 20 to 3k, btc would have to crash to around 9k to 11k, that would be extreme. So reason i dont believe this is the bottom, it was too fast as well, the bottom takes time to be found.

About eth, eth still at 0.05 to btc, so is overvalued at the moment, eth to btc ratio in the crash is usually 0.03 and lower, so meaning if btc crashes to 10k eth will have to crash to 333 usd. This eth ratio will crash as we go from here, dont be surprised to see eth to btc crashing in the coming months and then we see the bottom, I mean in 2018 when btc crashed to 3k, eth to btc got as low as 0.015, so just for the sake of math, if btc crashes to 10k and that eth ratio is at 0.015 then that means eth at 150 usd, for refence always look what happened in 2018 November, will it happen that way again? we never know, if you dont believe this will crash more, you can always buy now, even if crashes a lot more no worries just keep your coins safe and hope for a better opportunity to sell high in few years.

If the bottom is anything like 2015 and 2019, we will make a bottom, trade sideways for months and eventually get a break upwards.

Everybody is looking for a capitulation candle or some type of V reversal and due to this many are dollar cost averaging buying however it’s not a wise move when it can bottom out at something crazy like $14K.

It’s best to wait and just buy it when it finally uptrends at like $15k or $16k rather than buying now. I assume many bought at $20K and are under water. So if it approaches $20K again most likely will be strong resistance.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 04:20:22 AM

9k to 11k extreme...we call it 10k for now, that 10k would be a dream purchase if BTC is at 100k, the 10x mentality would be kicking again hehe. will go past 100k -200k then bottoms at around 30-40k next cycle.

if you don't want to risk not getting that bottom.. around 14k is a good entry too or around the price where saylor capitulates hehe.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 04:49:41 AM

9k to 11k extreme...we call it 10k for now, that 10k would be a dream purchase if BTC is at 100k, the 10x mentality would be kicking again hehe. will go past 100k -200k then bottoms at around 30-40k next cycle.

if you don't want to risk not getting that bottom.. around 14k is a good entry too or around the price where saylor capitulates hehe.

Right now only people who need money, people who want to sell now and buy cheaper later and bitcoin miners are selling, bitcoin miners always sell at current market price, most people dont buy now because they know this coming bear market will last a long time, so if you missed the chance to buy at lets say 10k, dont worry, you will have another chance to buy at 10k before btc goes up again next bullrun, remember the covid dump as known as march 2020 dump, even if there was no covid dump scammers always create a dump before the next bullrun, remember the bitfinex hack in august 2016? that was much before the 2017 bullrun but that was when the bullrun started. The same can be said about march 2020, that is when the 2021 bullrun started

Nighthog

Activity: 133
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 08:35:52 AM

Below 10K for BTC is the time to start investing if you want to target the next bull cycle down the road in a couple years or more.

Doge is already at the Buy price since it went below 10cents and really getting worthwhile @ 5cents and below if you want to accumulate as well for the next cycle.
It's price has been too high for the whole time since it shot up April 2021. It was a quick uptrend but not sustainable for it's market penetration it had.
I only wonder if it has any trend value & worth left in it for a new bull-cycle or did it exhaust itself in this one already.
Doge as a MEME has value. It's not a scam like the rest. Question is how long does a MEME retain it's value as a trend. Will it survive it's popularity to become something worthwhile or die trying. It's a coin like any else but has recognition and marketable value of it's own unlike many peers.

Markets have kinda eaten up the newness of itself from the populace at large, and burned many newcomers with these dump prices as most bought in through the HYPE with ATH prices thinking it would reach higher peaks rather than put them in the slaughterhouse.

Did this cycle burn too many people? We had many new entrants finally finding value to enter it but they did so at real high prices and they are getting REKT at the moment exiting their positions.
I find that too many people might have gotten themselves in trouble. Next cycle might take longer than anticipated to build.

Market conditions aren't favourable and frivolous money isn't readily available as in the past. Inflation will limit peoples spending habits.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 01:15:25 PM

Below 10K for BTC is the time to start investing if you want to target the next bull cycle down the road in a couple years or more.

Doge is already at the Buy price since it went below 10cents and really getting worthwhile @ 5cents and below if you want to accumulate as well for the next cycle.

Yeah, btc below 10k or around 10k is not bad, dogecoin to be acceptable as it contains high risk compared to btc, it needs to crash down to $0.001 or lower then I might purchase 5% of my money in it, that was its price before elon musk hyped it and sheeps started buying it. Anybody buying doge scamcoin for $0.05 right now deserves to be scammed.

sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 01:34:42 PM

Doge is a POW coin. Perhaps priced too high, but not a dead project.. Guessing the future proce is difficult, but both btc and ethereum are oversold at the moment. If you time it right you can get an easy +50% in a few weeks.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
cryptosize

Activity: 1652
Merit: 303

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 02:37:25 PM

Bear market = low hashing difficulty = best time to mine and/or buy PC hardware

Few people understand this...
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 02:41:01 PM

Doge is a POW coin. Perhaps priced too high, but not a dead project.. Guessing the future proce is difficult, but both btc and ethereum are oversold at the moment. If you time it right you can get an easy +50% in a few weeks.

Yeah it's a pow coin that even the main dev sold his 100% stake just to get rid of the failure coin and then comes somebody hype it and now everything is okay and is not a failure? ehhe, thankgod I never invested in it.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 02:42:03 PM

Yeah, btc below 10k or around 10k is not bad, dogecoin to be acceptable as it contains high risk compared to btc, it needs to crash down to $0.001 or lower then I might purchase 5% of my money in it, that was its price before elon musk hyped it and sheeps started buying it. Anybody buying doge scamcoin for $0.05 right now deserves to be scammed.

10k might not be possible.. 20k and 30k is a sure reclaim..that is 2x and 3x money(spot), there is also leverage (just low enough to not get liquidated). that is an easy money, can bet big and win big.

we are not in 2013 anymore where some people are not sure if there are millionaires and billionaires in crypto...can be hit if saylor gets liquidated LOL  Grin
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 03:52:51 PM

10k might not be possible.. 20k and 30k is a sure reclaim..that is 2x and 3x money(spot), there is also leverage (just low enough to not get liquidated). that is an easy money, can bet big and win big.

we are not in 2013 anymore where some people are not sure if there are millionaires and billionaires in crypto...can be hit if saylor gets liquidated LOL  Grin

There is a lot of time yet for this to crash to hehell, from september 2022 to march 2023 we will know the bottom, it still too early to know the bottom, in this market you have to have lots of patience if you want to profit, buy too fast or sell too fast is not good.

arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 05:42:58 PM

There is a lot of time yet for this to crash to hehell, from september 2022 to march 2023 we will know the bottom, it still too early to know the bottom, in this market you have to have lots of patience if you want to profit, buy too fast or sell too fast is not good.

Just want to put this here for the record, the value(purchasing power) of 10k in 2018-19 and the value of 10k in 2022-23 are different.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 05:51:01 PM

Just want to put this here for the record, the value(purchasing power) of 10k in 2018-19 and the value of 10k in 2022-23 are different.

Yeah true but the price to mine one btc is still around 9k - 12k and btc usually crashes to that value when the bottom is found. Anybody paying more than 9k - 12k for btc, at this moment is 19.5k then soon they will become sellers when this starts to crash. That will happen if they dont take profit now or very soon. There will be bultraps yet.

sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 06:48:47 PM

Yeah it's a pow coin that even the main dev sold his 100% stake just to get rid of the failure coin and then comes somebody hype it and now everything is okay and is not a failure? ehhe, thankgod I never invested in it.

If an entrepeneur sell his business, it doesn't meen that the business will shut down. Doge is pretty good and secure.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW MEOWPOW + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
Coinfarm ventures

Activity: 182
Merit: 152

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 07:29:36 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2022, 07:42:18 PM by Coinfarm ventures

Bear market = low hashing difficulty = best time to mine and/or buy PC hardware

Few people understand this...
If I understood this, and I continued mining on just TWO Radeon R9 270 cards during the 2014-2016 bear market on VERT/DASH/ETH, I would be a millionaire. But sadly I made the mistake of abandoning crypto when the prices fell. My other mistake was only opening a mining warehouse when the price peaked, which is how I almost went bankrupt. I only ended up with one rig in late 2018, but that rig paid for itself 6x in the next 3 years. This time I won't repeat that mistake ever again. I will mine with at least 150 video cards during this bear market.

I expect GPU coin difficulty to collapse by 50% this summer, so instead of 0.000033 BTC/day, we'll get 0.00007 BTC/day for an RTX 3060. Here are my projections. I used $72k BTC as a conservative estimate:

We should start thinking in terms of cost per BTC, NOT fiat 'profit'!
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 07:45:02 PM

We do agree on one thing. POS = Piece Of Shit..
In the last month the price of ethereum has fallen -70%. With POS ethereum would be 70% less secure, but with POW the hashrate is almost the same. POW is using alot of energy, but prevents rich countries like China, Russia, Usa to enforce a killswitch in the network.. With the currently suggested Ethereum POS model they only need to buy 8% of the supply and replace the butterin code with the silent army code..

Salamande

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 19, 2022, 10:34:07 PM

In the last month the price of ethereum has fallen -70%. With POS ethereum would be 70% less secure, but with POW the hashrate is almost the same. POW is using alot of energy, but prevents rich countries like China, Russia, Usa to enforce a killswitch in the network.. With the currently suggested Ethereum POS model they only need to buy 8% of the supply and replace the butterin code with the silent army code..

...then they kill ETH and make then BTC bleed to hell...

bitquad

Activity: 148
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 20, 2022, 05:26:47 AM

Ethereum supply = 6 x Bitcoin supply.

1 / 6 = 0.16

Ultimately I feel like Ethereum should be 0.16 of Bitcoin, and potentially a higher ratio because of Ethereum's influence on the crypto space compared to Bitcoin and the fact that it might become deflationary after the Merge. So in my mind Ethereum is undervalued, not overvalued.

You have to remember as more ETH staking occurs it provides more stability in a crash. When Ethereum is locked up in staking it reduces panic selling. So forget about old trends. Bitcoin has been losing market share to altcoins in this crash. And one reason for that is staking.

https://bitcoinist.com/ethereum-supply-staking-contract-10-milestone/

Around 12 Million ETH Is Now In The Ethereum 2.0 Deposit Contract

As pointed out by an analyst in a CryptoQuant post, the ETH staking rate has observed further surge recently, taking the metric’s value to 10% of the total supply.

In case anyone’s not aware of what “staking” is, it’s best to take a look at the “proof of stake” (PoS) consensus system first.

In cryptocurrencies using the PoS framework, network validators (called the stakers) need to lock in a minimum amount of the crypto into a contract (32 ETH in case of Ethereum) to participate in the consensus system.

The network then randomly chooses one of the stakers to sign the next transaction (stakers with the higher staked amount have a better chance of being chosen).
bitquad

Activity: 148
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 20, 2022, 05:36:21 AM

Source for the 8% claim?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: