Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:13:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My view on the future of Crypto Currencies  (Read 4979 times)
Boris-The-Blade

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:07:41 PM

I dont want to be hearing about new Coins. Not when Half of my wealth is tied up in Bitcoins and Litecoins.

Alot of other people are in the same boat as me. Bitcoin cant fail because there are to many of us who wont give up on it.
Or cant give up on it lol.
orangered

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 06:13:16 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2014, 10:20:05 AM by orangered

I also don't like ripple, I think litecoin will be in the future will have great development, because now it still has very large development space
In my view the best shot at crypto dominance is a easy to use coin that is fast and secure. It will need to be a PoW/PoS hybrid with an Android app that can mint new coins and has large community devoted to it's development.

The only alt I know about that is anywhere near being that is MINT. And at under 20 satosh right now it's a hell of a bargain. There's no completed android app as of yet but there will be soon enough. It's being developed now.

Get in while it's hot!!! Once android minting comes out this coin is going to explode in price.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:20:37 PM

@Bit Happy…Ripple may seem difficult to understand to some, it depends on your knowledge of finance. For you to get a better grasp about how there can be BTC:Bitstamp, take a quick jog over to wikipedia and read about the Free Banking Era of the 1800s (before the Fed).

Thanks, I do understand it.
Almost no one who lives within 20 miles of me would be interested in Ripple (only exaggerating slightly), and I live in an area that is (on average) "well educated".

jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:23:34 PM

The Ripple protocol enables a 1000 Bitcoin transactions per second

Umm... just no. If those transactions aren't on the blockchain, they're not Bitcoin transactions.

Further, these 'not-Bitcoin transactions' are not only not Bitcoin-transactions, they're not even bitcoin transactions. by this, I mean that they don't involve bitcoins. They involve bitcoin-IOUs, which are demonstrably different things from bitcoins.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:28:31 AM

The future of crypto is defintely PoS. I also like MINT. When the android app comes out it's going to be a significant technical development and the first PoS android app.

I think it's really going places.

Wait, wouldn't that be terrible for any Mintcoin-based economy? Since it is the MOVEMENT / fluidity of currency that grows an economy??
It's analogous to mining. Just without the energy waste.
leckey

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:33:16 AM

I do really like the whole Proof-of-stake concept. Environmentally speaking, if bitcoin is a nightmare, mintcoin is a dream.

thisisit

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:54:59 AM

bitcoin is so rooted into the community and so widely adopted, it will be hard to compete with and too much is at stake to let it fail. it will evolve in a 2.0 eventually.

interesting is that no-one names doge.

which has a far wider adoption then mint ( currently ).

now with asics coming out doge can be harvested cheap.

hash per watt increases dramatically.

350khash/s 7 watts. vs 100-120 previously

i believe bitcoin, litecoin, peercoin and perhaps ripple is here to stay

litecoin will see dramatic increases in hashrates.

any coin that makes me a profit.
mgburks77

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:57:55 AM

I actually liked doge too but discovered MINT right about the same time and decided I prefer the PoS route. I had btc and ltc holdings for a while but sold off and just took a much smaller position with an alt.

I'm not currenly much interested in ltc but I will use it to trade if I think I can get an arb or whatever. Btc I probably wouldn't take a position in unless it got to about $100. Then I would probably only buy 5 to see what happens. I wouldn't risk any more than that on it. It certainly won't be going back to $1000 imho.

BTC 2.0 maybe an different kettle of fish. I would likely be interested in something like that. Or a "btc-killer" (so-called) coin that featured true anonymity and secure encryption would be extremely interesting.
BBmodBB

Activity: 154

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 01:59:36 AM

bitcoin is so rooted into the community and so widely adopted, it will be hard to compete with and too much is at stake to let it fail. it will evolve in a 2.0 eventually.

interesting is that no-one names doge.

which has a far wider adoption then mint ( currently ).

now with asics coming out doge can be harvested cheap.

hash per watt increases dramatically.

350khash/s 7 watts. vs 100-120 previously

i believe bitcoin, litecoin, peercoin and perhaps ripple is here to stay

litecoin will see dramatic increases in hashrates.

doge is toast! = dilution machine on steroids ! =\

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
thisisit

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:05:04 AM

i think its holding price quite strongly atm.

if you look at how much other alts have been hit.

even with the dilution

any coin that makes me a profit.
snakebit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:11:48 AM

I dont want to be hearing about new Coins. Not when Half of my wealth is tied up in Bitcoins and Litecoins.

Alot of other people are in the same boat as me. Bitcoin cant fail because there are to many of us who wont give up on it.

Bitcoin has the first-mover advantage that other alts don't have. It would be very difficult for other alts to achieve such a network effect that Bitcoin has already established.
litemaster

Activity: 169

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:03:01 AM

Check out mintcoin

BITCOIN: 13UY67yfRjRVMR6hauZJbauHiDfeM2qXSg
MINTCOIN: MdVzxTfLDrzdij9vpee1YJGotBahfsfmqs
ASIACOIN: AH7dunb5G99XzCNj1KnGCdPkqc27pRPfBu
mycoin25

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 05:40:45 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2014, 09:34:34 PM by mycoin25

In the long term, there must be one or several of the best digital encryption currency is widely accepted by the market.
In my view the best shot at crypto dominance is a easy to use coin that is fast and secure. It will need to be a PoW/PoS hybrid with an Android app that can mint new coins and has large community devoted to it's development.

The only alt I know about that is anywhere near being that is MINT. And at under 20 satosh right now it's a hell of a bargain. There's no completed android app as of yet but there will be soon enough. It's being developed now.
coincoin3

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:09:32 AM

In the long term, there must be one or several of the best digital encryption currency is widely accepted by the market.
I still want to become a bitcoin currency.
Even if Bitcoin currency is not to become in the future it will be seen as a store of value like gold.
FreeSocrates!

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:23:26 AM

I had a revelation about Ripple and saw its potential about a month ago when a few Ripple based alt coins (BIG coin and LOLcoin) were released and the coins were given away like XRP was originally on bitcointalk.

If you really want to understand ripple, I found hands on experience to be the best teacher.

somehow I ended up with an account negative 999,000 LOLcoins...I don't know how this happened can anyone explain?

https://i.imgur.com/oJFNG9r.png

So you had a revelation about a coin that creates other coins that puts you in debt of that coin?

What is your revelation?

That it's a good coin because you have negative 999,000 LOLcoins???
startcoin568

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:27:44 AM
Last edit: April 07, 2014, 02:38:29 PM by startcoin568

I also think that litecoin will be in the future will have great development, change to now on the basis of strong point.

Get in while it's hot!!! Once android minting comes out this coin is going to explode in price.
skeem

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:47:36 PM

You don't want to hear, but more people will hear. Lots of people are in the BTC or LTC boats, but more people will jump to mintcoin boat.

Coin Revolution
slavo

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:02:54 PM

death to ripple

+42,42424242
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:36:11 PM

Bitcoin has the first-mover advantage that other alts don't have. It would be very difficult for other alts to achieve such a network effect that Bitcoin has already established.

Yahoo! and MySpace had first-mover advantage.
I love BTC, and some of the alts are also worthy.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:10:54 AM

Ripple is poised to be the next big thing during the crypto-currency revolution.

Ripple is ridiculously complicated (i.e my balance is not actually BTC but "Bitstamp btc" // that is only one example of serious issues with Ripple), and in it's current form has almost no chance of real success. Sorry, but I strongly believe that to be accurate.

Maybe, the Ripple creators are "too smart" and cannot create something suitable for the masses?

Yeah in the same your stock broker is " too smart".

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: