Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:57:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: That's why I really like bitcoin :)  (Read 1743 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 01:02:56 AM
Merited by KingsDen (2)

I admire how Bitcoin can improve our financial situation just by being owned, held, and sold at the highest price one day.
If my monthly income in $500, and  my monthly living expenses is $350. That is to say every month I have $150 for misc which investment is among them. Can you explain to me how rich I could be by investing in bitcoin at this stage? The essence of my question is; bitcoin is not only for buying, holding and selling at a later higher price. There is more to bitcoin.
Part of the question also would be whether you have various other emergency savings in place in order that your surplus $150 per month is truly available for you to spend. 
The answer could be no. And if it is No, the zeal or the guts to commit half of the $150 into bitcoin investment won't be there.

That's right.  We should not be referring to guts because if it takes "guts" for any of us to be investing, that means that we are gambling rather than investing.  So in essence your cashflow and emergency funds have to be shored up first in order to realize that you have enough money to be putting into bitcoin.. so for example, if you are still building up your emergency fund, then maybe you could put $10 per month of that $140 into bitcoin, and the remaining $140 goes into building up your emergency fund, and then after a few months of building up your emergency funds maybe you could increase your investment into bitcoin to $20 per month and then later to higher amounts, and surely once you get to the point of being about to invest half ($75) into bitcoin, then you are likely going to be doing well... and if your emergency fund keeps growing, you might get to a point that you are able to do even more than half of your surplus cash of $150 into bitcoin... but of course, how much will be something that you would need to monitor and make sure that you are not devolving into gambling rather than investing.

The economy is too demanding to people whose economy is not stable, even some stable economies are suffering.

I have have been projecting out my finances for more than 30 years, and these days, I tend to project out 2 years in advance.  I remember when I was younger, my finances were more simple in terms of the various kinds of expenses and fewer investments, so I could project out only 6 months and keep around a $600 cushion in my projection at all times (plus having other kinds of emergency funds built up in case some of my cash flows were to dry up and/or my expenses were to become greater).  As the number of my obligations (and sometimes even my cashflow) became more complicated, I had to create more cushion and also to increase my various forms of emergency funds. 

So for sure if there are complications in the economy, then there is more needs to project out cashflows and even more needs to assess the various ways that emergency funds are being held (how long does it take to get to the emergency funds and are the emergency funds earning anything and do they need to earn anything?). 

Within the interval of 1 year and few months, the cost of goods tripled. When I examine the reality, I tend to measure people with fairness balance.

We are likely seeing these kinds of changes in our lives.  We are seeing what we are told the "cost of living" has gone up, and we are seeing the reality in our lives which might not be the same as what we are being told.  People might question if they can make any changes to their income or to their expenses and do they want to make changes.. and sometimes there can be a desire to make changes, but it might not be really practical to make changes.  So the ability to save and invest can be affected by these kinds of matters.

Admittedly in such a tight situation, you might NOT be able to feel comfortable investing a lot into bitcoin, and so if you are able to invest $10 per week, you may well have to wait more than 10 years before you start to feel that you have a sufficient enough savings/investment in bitcoin in order to start to feel more wealthy by it and that you have more options.

This is the honest reality and it must be told with boldness. Another question is how many people who is living under the aforementioned budget would be disciplined enough to leave an investment for 10yrs even when in need? A few I guess, that is the irony.

It is really difficult to NOT tap into your investment as it is growing, and I am sure that a lot of people end up tapping into various aspects of their investment too much and too soon, even if they are not liquidating the whole investment, they may well end up shaving off too much of the profits too early and once they shave off profits, then they are in a worse place in terms of allowing the savings/investment an ability to be able to compound upon itself.

Let's say for example, a person makes $10k per year, and over 10 years, they are able to save up around $10k in total into bitcoin (which would be 10% per year), and if they let the investment into bitcoin grow during that time, then the BTC investment might end up growing in such a way that it adds up to representing several years of salary - perhaps 3x to 10x of their salary, and it will be quite difficult to resist tapping into such savings/investment several times along the way.. and I am not even suggesting that they do not tap into some of that savings/investment as it grows, even though there is considerable advantages to allowing the investment to compound.. yet one of the advantage of having some funds that are largely growing is the fact that more options have been created.. And, just having more options can be quite empowering... and the whole life of the person can be improved by creating more options...

and sure, maybe the more poor person is not able to save $1k per year, and instead such more poor person is ONLY able to save $500 per year, so over 10 years, that more poor has ONLY been able to save $5k rather than $10k.. so perhaps their BTC investment will be half of the size of the more well off investor.. but still the poor person who has been able to save $5k might still be able to get a 3x to 10x advantage in terms of the value of the BTC that has been saved, and they are going to be in better position if they had been able to minimize the number of instances in which they had been tapping into their BTC investment.

You are correct with the suggestion that lower amounts of investment does make it more difficult to tangibly measure that you are benefiting by bitcoin and having bitcoin as one of your options.  Nonetheless, bitcoin does seem to be amongst the best of investments that are available to people, even people with very tight budgets.
Truth, bitcoin presents one of the finest opportunities for everyone to invest, including people with very tight budgets. But the the bitcoin level of uncertainty is second to none.

You might be exaggerating a bit KingsDen because there are many way worse investments than bitcoin, including getting involved in shitcoins.  Getting involved in shitcoins would be a worse investment because you never know when you might get rug pulled.

Even compared to late 2013 (when I got into bitcoin), the current investment thesis for bitcoin seems way better than what it was in late 2013.  Sure there is less upside potential now (as compared with late 2013), but there is also less potential for downside, too.

Yeah.. we never completely get rid of the downside risk in bitcoin or in any other kind of investment, but I still think that bitcoin remains amongst the best (if not the very best) of actual investments in which some poor person (and therefore open to anyone) can invest small amounts and still be able to potentially profit from having access to an investment asset (and category) that is better.  Sure if you are worried, then you just invest less, and still I understand that even a poor person who might not even be able to invest $10 per week is going to still have struggles to invest the $10 per week.. so these kinds of poor persons can just do what they can. and there are still good odds that they will profit from their investment.. even if it takes a while and even if they feel that they have to struggle to put aside $10 per week or less.

That is why some early birds to bitcoin who refused to invest are regretting today. While the opportunity is still available now, some are still uncertain because bitcoin might not survive this year, then by 2030 there would be another set of people who will regret the opportunity being missed today.

Sure there are people who regret for failing and refusing to take action.  There are a lot of those people.. Each of us likely know several of those people who seem to agree that it might be a good idea to put a bit of money into bitcoin, but they continue to fail/refuse to take any concrete action that does not even need to be a lot of money.. If they are whimpy and scared, they can just choose a relatively small amount of money (such as $10 per week), but yeah, they just continue to live with regret over and over and over and they continue to say: 

"I should have listened to you when you told me about bitcoin in 2014"  or

"I should have listened to you when you told me about bitcoin in 2017" or

"I should have listened to you when you told me about bitcoin in 2019" or

"I should have listened to you when you told me about bitcoin in 2022"   or

yes.. substitute whichever year in there, and the ongoing theme remains a failure/refusal to act, and even when I tell people that if they are whimpy then they can just invest a small amount, and they don't even do that either... .. so there is not really much of anything that can be done about those folks, and maybe at some point they will get into bitcoin after everyone they know is also into bitcoin.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emmanuelex

Activity: 105
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 01:24:16 AM

Bitcoin is indeed bringing changes to how a lot of things are being done, but on the part of fighting corruption in the government, I am yet to see any proof on that. I think a corrupt government still stays corrupt and wouldn’t be changed by bitcoin. If the people really wants to combat corruption in their country, then it is their duty to do so by voting in the right candidates for the job and also holding them accountable for the decisions they make.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 02:58:36 AM

Bitcoin is indeed bringing changes to how a lot of things are being done, but on the part of fighting corruption in the government, I am yet to see any proof on that. I think a corrupt government still stays corrupt and wouldn’t be changed by bitcoin. If the people really wants to combat corruption in their country, then it is their duty to do so by voting in the right candidates for the job and also holding them accountable for the decisions they make.

Sure.. You are likely correct that bitcoin is not going to change people from being people, and it is not going to completely change folks from being abusive of their power when they are in power, but what would you consider to happen if certain people were no longer able to pull shenanigans on the remainder of the population and giving that money to their friends (or the ones closest to the spigot - I.e. - the Cantillon effect)?

Would you consider that removing some of the abilities to print money willy nilly might not help to inspire some better incentives (or at least remove some of the bad incentives) that exists for folks who are playing god with their ongoing manipulation of the money?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 04:00:10 AM

-snip-
You don’t have to physically carry it around. You can gutter the paper or plastic and free up your precious fund space.
Well you do have to carry a device or something if you want to make payments with bitcoins. It's the same as carrying your card or your phone to make payments when buying anything. With fiat system you can go cashless if you want.

-snip-

Bitcoin is like a bank that’s in no way closed, this currency is moving and available 24/7. Further people and places are starting to accept it, from coffee shops to real estate possessors, this is a currency gaining traction and seems to be gaining worldwide acceptance.

Available 24/7 if people are using non custodial wallet. But sadly most people use custodial wallets and exchange to make transactions.

-snip-
The Bitcoin community has quality memes and GIF games.
Worst way to promote bitcoin. Don't mix bitcoin with memes. It's a "serious legit" currency. You make it sound like bitcoin is just another shit currency that is living all because of the memes.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Razmirraz

Activity: 1274
Merit: 405

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 04:36:37 AM

Basically it's impossible for someone to like something without a reason and I'm sure you have your own reasons why you love Bitcoin so much. The Bitcoin phenomenon can be described as excitement, especially among fanatical Investors on Crypto assets. The excitement that comes with it varies greatly, investors who invest in Bitcoin can feel their level of excitement when participating in Bitcoin.
If you see the Crypto community starting to love bitcoin, it happened spontaneously, because there is no non-speculative system that can be relied on other than Bitcoin to make money from time to time in a fast way. Although the risk of loss still cannot be separated from Bitcoin investment, the prospect of Bitcoin investment is very promising because Bitcoin is prepared for people who dare to take risks.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Cookdata

Activity: 938
Merit: 876

Not Your Keys, Not Your Bitcoin

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 05:22:23 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2022, 10:08:21 AM by Cookdata

Bitcoin doesn't fight corruption directly, it's a symbol of transparency and the government hates transparency because they feel the people will see everything they are doing. If the government adopt bitcoin as a means of payment, legally adopted within a country as a legal tender, the rate at which people will steal mass money will be cut down to zero. Imagine where the government allocated $4 million for a mass project, the wallet address is visible to be public and everyone else is seeing the balance, do you think they wouldn't hold public leaders accountable for missing funds, stealing will become difficult and corruption will become completely eradicated.

Xampeuu

Activity: 1400
Merit: 115

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 07:28:16 AM

Bitcoin doesn't fight corruption directly, it's a symbol of transparency and the government hates transparency because they feel the people will see everything they are doing. If the government adopt bitcoin as a means of payment, legally adopted within a country as a legal tender, the rate at which people will still mass money will be cut down to zero. Imagine where the government allocated $4 million for a mass project, the wallet address is visible to be public and everyone else is seeing the balance, do you think they wouldn't hold public leaders accountable for missing funds, stealing will become difficult and corruption will become completely eradicated.
which is why it is one of the reasons bitcoin is still difficult to accept in government. From the very beginning, bitcoin had a loophole to do money laundering, and that happened a lot in several countries with officials who committed acts of corruption. if this can be legalized, of course their scope for money laundering will be non-existent, because it can already be protected by law and can be accounted Moreover, bitcoin is a very profitable investment tool, so storing it in the long term will provide even greater profits

bestcoins1

Activity: 2212
Merit: 721

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 07:35:57 AM

which is why it is one of the reasons bitcoin is still difficult to accept in government. From the very beginning, bitcoin had a loophole to do money laundering, and that happened a lot in several countries with officials who committed acts of corruption. if this can be legalized, of course their scope for money laundering will be non-existent, because it can already be protected by law and can be accounted Moreover, bitcoin is a very profitable investment tool, so storing it in the long term will provide even greater profits
Financial laws are also made by humans which profitably also involves everyone, although there are some people who just want to run their minds by not following the flow of laws that have been made such as money laundering. But for now Bitcoin is still an option for each person who likes it because of some facts that have been proven in the past and obviously never harm as long as everyone who keeps it still has the patience to get the profit he wants.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Artem Sereda

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 08:04:33 AM

I agree, technically bitcoin is the benchmark. It is impossible to enumerate all the possibilities that have become available with its popularity. Even considering that the cryptocurrency market is currently unstable, more and more companies are implementing bitcoin, this says a lot. This means that all the advantages of bitcoin cover all the disadvantages associated with its price today.

VSYS.host — Anonymous Offshore Dedicated Servers & VPS with DDoS protection:UA/NL/US
SHKeeper.io — Self-Hosted & Open-Source Crypto Payment Processor
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 07:52:52 PM

You don’t have to physically carry it around. You can gutter the paper or plastic and free up your precious fund space.

Bitcoin is like a bank that’s in no way closed, this currency is moving and available 24/7. Further people and places are starting to accept it, from coffee shops to real estate possessors, this is a currency gaining traction and seems to be gaining worldwide acceptance.

The Bitcoin community has quality memes and GIF games. Bitcoin was created by software people who wanted to hack the financial world and produce a better system after the request collapse in 2008.

It’s decentralized, no need for any 3rd party to babysit your sale and take a piece of it. In developing nations, this technology is enabling more practical operations that will enable translucency and combat corruption in governments.
Bitcoin is really becoming very popular now. Bitcoin is now touching every country and every person Once upon a time people didn't know what Bitcoin was but now almost everyone knows about Bitcoin.Bitcoin will become more and more popular and at some point this Bitcoin will be the most preferred medium of exchange all over the world.But that day may not be far away and we will soon see it.
BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1151

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 08:32:18 PM

Although the risk of loss still cannot be separated from Bitcoin investment, the prospect of Bitcoin investment is very promising because Bitcoin is prepared for people who dare to take risks.
Not everyone is ready to take risks in bitcoin investing especially if they are not well rounded investors. Consciously or not, I'm sure many inexperienced people are also trying their luck in bitcoin investment with the amount of money they have. They vary widely, but it's not uncommon for them to come out empty-handed.

You probably know that many investors or traders have gambled on the fluctuations in the price of bitcoin. They don't do any analysis but they seem brave enough to risk money on something they don't know. Yes, it might be good if they understand the basics of investing but I think it's still not enough.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 09:56:12 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Bitcoin need not to be carried everywhere?
Fiat have got to be the same, there is no need of carrying fiat. Just as crypto it is possible to tap/scan and pay.

Bitcoin as a bank of 24/7
This is true, bitcoin being decentralised it can be operated whenever we need. With banking it is possible with certain restrictions around.

Bitcoin created by software people to hack the financial system
There is no plan of hack, but to create a better system the people (individual/group) worked on it and succeeded in it.

Eliminating third party
This is the core for which Satoshi innovated bitcoin and the real usage is happening around. Another thing people are used to centralized platforms and the same makes them continue using centralized services for cryptocurrencies too.

ChiNgadOr

Activity: 1680
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 09:59:18 PM

I agree, technically bitcoin is the benchmark. It is impossible to enumerate all the possibilities that have become available with its popularity. Even considering that the cryptocurrency market is currently unstable, more and more companies are implementing bitcoin, this says a lot. This means that all the advantages of bitcoin cover all the disadvantages associated with its price today.
Bitcoin is still what it is before till now so we are all opportune to get in any any time we want to because it's the most valuable coin in the market and the price still determine the future price movement of other coins or tokens.
 Holding Bitcoin is like holsing gold which value cam appreciate any time from now so we don't have to be afraid on what we are investing on. The price is volatile which makes it risky to be considered as an investment. Investing in Bitcoin can bring fortune if the aim is to hold for a very long time.

┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐ Not your keys, not your coins. Binance (and any other CEX) can fuck off ┌∩┐(◕_◕) ┌∩┐
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 10:19:33 PM

Bitcoin is still what it is before till now so we are all opportune to get in any any time we want to because it's the most valuable coin in the market and the price still determine the future price movement of other coins or tokens.
 Holding Bitcoin is like holsing gold which value cam appreciate any time from now so we don't have to be afraid on what we are investing on. The price is volatile which makes it risky to be considered as an investment. Investing in Bitcoin can bring fortune if the aim is to hold for a very long time.
^ But sad to see that there are still people who have no faith in BTC, when there is a massive downtrend they always throw negative words on BTC that make panic selling on other weak hand holders. That is right, it is all associated with the price, when BTC becomes a bullish trend people keep appreciating BTC and talking about it, but if in a correction, people hate BTC. However, the best way is to know more about BTC an understand the technology behind on it so that you will know how important it is.
Oilacris

Activity: 3024
Merit: 613

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 10:38:58 PM

^ But sad to see that there are still people who have no faith in BTC, when there is a massive downtrend they always throw negative words on BTC that make panic selling on other weak hand holders. That is right, it is all associated with the price, when BTC becomes a bullish trend people keep appreciating BTC and talking about it, but if in a correction, people hate BTC. However, the best way is to know more about BTC an understand the technology behind on it so that you will know how important it is.
You cant really blame out some people to have negative view about bitcoin considering about those false information or fuds around and since you dont have any idea or knowledge about bitcoin then it

would really be just normal that they would really be ending up with those kind of impressions but we know that each person does have their own mindset and impression towards things basing up on
some factors whether we could say that it was right or not.

Just let those people do able to realize on whats the truth which they would eventually find it out later on.

16xypjnxlrew

Activity: 462
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 10:42:04 PM

I think everyone likes BTC just because it is a miracle bubble (inflates in 2021, deflates in 2022)
Detritus

Activity: 295
Merit: 98

View Profile
September 09, 2022, 11:01:02 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2022, 12:20:18 AM by Detritus

You don’t have to physically carry it around. You can gutter the paper or plastic and free up your precious fund space

The decentralization of Bitcoin has also make it possible for Investor to safely invest in Bitcoin without losing exposure to their personal identity. I so much cherish the fact that I can comfortable carry my Bitcoin all around in present of my colleagues and friends without them knowing am holding some millions of money just on my phone.

Unlike the traditional and local fiat currencies and banks that rely rules and policy  Bitcoin is a blockchain-based decentralized digital currency powered by a network of users who verify and record transactions without relying on a central authority or intermediary. Bitcoin doesn't have any intermideries to snitch around people's transaction or having to know a particular person that owns an assest or not.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
September 10, 2022, 08:21:19 PM

Bitcoin doesn't fight corruption directly, it's a symbol of transparency and the government hates transparency because they feel the people will see everything they are doing. If the government adopt bitcoin as a means of payment, legally adopted within a country as a legal tender, the rate at which people will steal mass money will be cut down to zero. Imagine where the government allocated $4 million for a mass project, the wallet address is visible to be public and everyone else is seeing the balance, do you think they wouldn't hold public leaders accountable for missing funds, stealing will become difficult and corruption will become completely eradicated.
Corruption is not even that much hidden to be fair. I mean if you think that it is hidden, then check the bribes that US politicians get, or check your own, I am sure that you will find it everywhere in the online news world, there are a lot of people talking about corruption going on in every nation of the world.

So bitcoin wouldn't really change that, like for example my own nation has a website that shows all the money spent on what, and government and cities are spending their money to friends anyway without worry, because they know that you either vote for them, or you vote for their opponents which you dislike, hence they know their fans will accept their corruption.
tomos81

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 10, 2022, 11:00:49 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

There are very few people who don't like Bitcoin these days. Because when you invest, the amount of wealth increases, that wealth is saved and in original way you will understand that Bitcoin is a priceless asset. Although many of you have moved from gold trading to bitcoin investing and the benefits are doubling. Trust yourself when you engage in such activities continues to gain and it has become widely popular. Bitcoin is a well-known coin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2022, 11:15:26 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2022, 11:42:24 PM by JayJuanGee

Corruption is not even that much hidden to be fair. I mean if you think that it is hidden, then check the bribes that US politicians get, or check your own, I am sure that you will find it everywhere in the online news world, there are a lot of people talking about corruption going on in every nation of the world.

So bitcoin wouldn't really change that, like for example my own nation has a website that shows all the money spent on what, and government and cities are spending their money to friends anyway without worry, because they know that you either vote for them, or you vote for their opponents which you dislike, hence they know their fans will accept their corruption.

If you believe that the whole world is corrupt and all actions are futile, then you live in a pretty jaded world.

Of course, there is corruption in a lot of places, and some of that corruption seems to be right in the open in terms of which entities (and persons) are getting awarded government contracts - but there are still levels regarding the extent to which allocation of contracts is acceptable to be open or closed.. and there are levels to whether societies value purporting to have standards, practices and procedures and the rule of law.. or if it is just willy nilly.  The degree of corruption makes a huge fucking differences and if you believe that all kinds of corruptions are the same, then you are living in a world of futility.. or at least those kinds of ideas about whether the actions of any of us matter.

Getting back to bitcoin.  Sure, bitcoin cannot fix everything and cannot fix everything right away, but if you ponder over how various fiat systems are manipulated, bitcoin brings objectivity to several of those matters, and soundness to the money.. and having monetary soundness seems to be something that is lacking in a lot of ways.. .Sure some forms of money are more sound than other forums of money in terms of having foundations in production, yet there is no money that even comes close to the soundness of bitcoin, so in that regard, having sound money is quite likely to improve a lot of incentives all over the world, and bitcoin is already seeming to have that effect in terms of its inspiration of minds and then creation of sound incentives.

The more that the monetary values of people, institutions and governments gravitate into bitcoin, the more likely we are going to continue to witness incentives within bitcoin improving and also incentives of other competing systems improving.. just take money transmission systems into account.  

Some of the monetary transmission systems have had to try to improve their systems for sending money both in terms of their fees but also in terms of their timelines for transmitting money/value, so in that regard, bitcoin is likely already positively affecting some of these systems, even if credit is not given to bitcoin for the improvements. Likely similar improvements are happening in regards to gold and silver markets because they are trying to compete with bitcoin, but they are way inferior to bitcoin, so they are likely going to continue to lose market share to bitcoin for years and years and years (even decades) to come.  

Other systems that are currently storing value are going to lose value to bitcoin too because they are less efficient than bitcoin in terms of storing value.. sure some of the systems have utility value or even productivity and innovations, so those systems are likely going to continue to hold some of their value, but the monetary value is quite likely to flow to bitcoin and to continue to flow to bitcoin because bitcoin is way more of a pure system that is designed specifically to be the soundest of monies and it is ongoingly gaining traction in the direction of the soundest of monies because more and more people, institutions and governments are recognizing bitcoin as the soundest of monies and a unique asset class that had never previously existed.. so people are getting used to it, which is likely causing their behaviors to improve and to continue to improve, even if it is likely going to take several decades to play out and to figure out because there are going ot be ongoing battles and even uses of bitcoin for gambling and for the objectives of enemies, so the battle for value to gravitate into bitcoin is not going to play out in smooth kumbaya ways in the coming decades, even though it seems quite poised to win and quite poised to continue to inspire more sound behaviors that line up with having a sound money (bitcoin) that is in existence and continuing to gain influence in its existence (and adoption) to more and more segments of the world whether friends or enemies.

There are very few people who don't like Bitcoin these days. Because when you invest, the amount of wealth increases, that wealth is saved and in original way you will understand that Bitcoin is a priceless asset. Although many of you have moved from gold trading to bitcoin investing and the benefits are doubling. Trust yourself when you engage in such activities continues to gain and it has become widely popular. Bitcoin is a well-known coin

You may well be exaggerating the knowledge and awareness of people regarding bitcoin.  I would proclaim that an overwhelming majority of people have hardly any clue about what bitcoin is, even if they heard the word and even if some of them might have decided to dabble in bitcoin.  We are still in very early stages of adoption, even though there are surely some folks who have figured out that bitcoin is similar to gold, but actually better than gold (as you mentioned).. but the number of people who are actually both aware of bitcoin's investment thesis and who are employing meaningful and prudent investment strategies in order to attempt to coordinate their BTC investment allocation with such a sound money investment thesis is low as fuck.. it's so low that ONLY less than 1% of the world's population has invested in bitcoin, and maybe even many of us who have invested in bitcoin have not really sufficiently and/or adequately invested into bitcoin... and surely the bitcoin hoards like Michael Saylor and a few others do make up for some of the lack of passion (and action) of the overwhelming majority of the worlds population who do not even own 1 satoshi and have not taken action to start securing some satoshis just in case bitcoin catches on.

And, for sure there are no guarantees that bitcoin's price is going to continue to go up, even though bitcoin seems to be amongst the best (and probably the best) asymmetric bet to the upside that anyone could make in these times... and bitcoin is available to everyone and anyone with even very small amounts of money to invest on a regular basis.. even as low as $10 per week or lower amounts can be bought. which is surely not true for a large number of other assets/investments to be so available to anyone who merely has enough resources to figure out how to hold their private keys.. whether paper wallet or on lightning network or even some kind of an electronic device (and may not even need to be a smart phone, but could be a card or a chip).. and they can also hold their keys in their head (not recommended) and other ways of holding back up seeds.. still a lot of innovations and ways of interfacing with the network to be able to hold private keys (hopefully improving user-friendliness, but there still may well be some learning involved in the various ways to hold private keys - or to have them held by third-parties, second-parties.. or by uncle Jims)

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: