Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:50:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Claiming Bitcoin Gold and Bitcoin SV?  (Read 270 times)
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16677

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2021, 10:31:42 AM

Where should I begin?
Find which addresses hold coins, get some Fork dust on BCH/BSV/BCH-A to enforce replay protection, move your funds, shred the drive
BSV "Electrum" clone is weird, I prefer Coinomi. And I definitely don't trust the software.

jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 14, 2021, 05:46:27 PM

How in the world would I know which addresses hold coins?  My btc was stored in electrum at the time all these forks occurred.  Then years later I downloaded electroncash and typed in my electrum seed and then BCH showed up there... then I moved it to the nano ledger.

So I have to open electrum up then and look at all the addresses btc was in around the time?  This is what I don't understand with this.

So there is no current step by step guide on this that I could follow that is posted somwhere?  There is no youtube video on this.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5616

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
December 16, 2021, 04:46:05 AM

-snip-
So I have to open electrum up then and look at all the addresses btc was in around the time?  This is what I don't understand with this.
Must be talking about your original Electrum wallet where your BTC were stored;
if it's deleted, you can restore it from seed, cross-check the transaction history and address list, then find a way to get their balances in different chains.
eg.: using blockexplorers.

Alternatively, you can create a "watching only" wallet in Electrum clones or other Altcoin wallets to check the balances.
For example/guide:
  • Get and copy your master public key from (BTC) Electrum menu: "Wallet->Information"
  • Open ElectrumSV and create a new wallet, name it "watching only".
  • Click "Add Account->Import from text" and paste your master public key in the next window.
  • After the rest of the set-up, the balance should show-up after syncing (few minutes).
  • Addresses with balance is listed in the 'Keys' tab: "View->Show keys" (double-click to display the address/key; your watching only wallet will only display 'public keys').

The watch-only wallet set-up should be similar with other Electrum clones or other wallets, the important step is the export/import of the master public key.

(You wont find Electrum users here in the Altcoin board, BTW)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2021, 05:40:09 AM

So are you telling me I cannot claim my bitcoin SV just with the electrum seed after I download the electrumsv.io wallet?  I want to make sure of this before I start the process.  I don't want to get stuck and not sure what to do.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5616

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
December 16, 2021, 07:11:30 AM

So are you telling me I cannot claim my bitcoin SV just with the electrum seed after I download the electrumsv.io wallet?  I want to make sure of this before I start the process.  I don't want to get stuck and not sure what to do.
The reply above is if you want to check the balance before exporting the keys to another wallet.
I already told you in my reply in the first page the steps; it can be claimed as long as the script type is supported by BitcoinSV.

Here's some test (mainnet - p2pkh):

Electrum wallet's seed:
Code:
weekend turtle arrange renew proof result notice cliff excite above pluck payment

First and second address:
  • 1274LZxnj7JmB49sHVaWo3givqpqeLUH9T
  • 1DV9jegjr6BGE8KLrSM1bPHnt262DH2gw1

Restore to ElectrumSV:

1st address:

First address and the rest are the same as in Electrum so there should be a balance if you have a fork coin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2022, 12:33:31 AM

The issue here is I no longer have electrum and electroncash installed on my pc.  So I would need to resintall both of these programs on my pc to get these addresses?

I do remember I had a ton of change addresses on my electrum such as you saw tiny bit of btc in many different addresses.

Also the other issue is where would I even send or sell these bitcoin forks?  I know i could send BTG to my nano ledger.  But I don't see any site or exchange where I could send the BSV to?  With bitcoin diamond and private where would I even send these coins to?  I don't mind keeping them or just selling them.  The last thing I would probably want to do is keep these coins in their own wallets... which might even have malware etc.  But I would not want to download these wallets on my main computer etc.
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2022, 11:12:26 PM

So I need to restore my electrum wallet as well on the computer... is that what you are saying?  Would it be fine to install electrum on a separate pc with the electrum seed and install electrum sv wallet on that same pc?  I kind of don't want electrum installed on my main pc anymore etc.  But I think i might still download it later on.

But even after doing all this, where do i even send the bitcoin sv to?  I would want a place to hold the bitcoin sv or just sell it immediately for btc or usdt etc.  The thing is i just want to claim all these forks now. 
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2022, 03:11:54 AM

I downloaded electrumSV from

https://www.electrumsv.io

I then tried to verify electrumSV by just properties and checking it that way.  Can others here confirm that is all that is needed as long as the details show signed by BitcoinAssociation?

jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2022, 04:48:23 AM

So I read apparently if have bitcoin cash and SV, you also get XEC which is Ecash?  Is this true or not?  I heard you get this and the value of it is actually a bit less than Bitcoin SV?

jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2023, 05:01:08 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2023, 05:23:57 AM by jerry0

Okay so I still haven't done this yet.  The only thing I claimed back then was bitcoin cash and that was downloading electroncash a while back to claim it.  I had kept btc in electrum at the time of the bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold fork.  Then a while later, got a nano ledger s and then sent the bitcoin to nano ledger s.  

Then I downloaded electron cash and entered my electrum seed and then bitcoin cash showed up there.  Then I sent the bitcoin cash to nano ledger s.  The bitcoin is now in a nano ledger s plus.

So I read I can still claim bitcoin sv and bitcoin gold.  But I read you can also claim ecash and bitcoin diamond?  

Now I heard with bitcoin gold you can either download the bitcoingold wallet from the site and enter your electrum seed into it or you can download coinomi on your iphone or android device and enter your seed to do it. Is this the easiest way to do it?  Whether you download the bitcoingold wallet on your laptop or the coinomi app on your phone and enter your electrum seed and the bitcoin gold will be there?  Now the thing is where would you then send the bitcoin gold to?  I mean you can keep it in that computer wallet or phone wallet but it's better to move it to the nano ledger s plus right?  The other issue is the exchanges that I have access to, I don't think they buy bitcoin gold so where I would I even sell it?  I assume I have to use those sites where you pay a decent fee to convert bitcoin gold to btc?  Then you send btc to your exchange to cash it?  I only have access to coinbase and gemini.

Now with bitcoin sv, you download the bitcoin sv program on your computer right and that is the easiest way?  However, I heard many people say something about replay protection so how do you make sure there is no mistake here?  The thing is you also enter your electrum seed into it to get the bitcoin sv or is that different?  The thing is when this fork happened, if you didn't claim your bch yet or if you claimed your bch already and now moved the bch or sold it, do you claim it a different way?  Like bitcoin gold, I don't have access to an exchange where I could sell it.  So I have to use those services like shapeshift etc for this?  The other thing is unlike bitcoin gold, the nano ledger s plus doesn't even support bitcoin sv so I can't send the bitcoin sv there to hold it there in the meantime.  Thoughts on that?

What about the ecash?  How do I claim that?  Also what about bitcoin diamond?  The thing is the nano ledger s doesn't support these 2 coins either so can't keep it there to hold.  Also, the exchanges I have access to doesn't even buy it so I have to keep it in whatever wallet it is or use shapeshift?

The other confusing thing is how many people even claimed these forks?  I mean most people who did claim a fork most probably claimed the bitcoin cash fork and maybe the bitcoin gold fork because that seems to be the most simple.  But what about bitcoin sv or ecash or bitcoin diamond?  I got to assume most people don't even know about ecash or bitcoin diamond right and only some know about the bitcoin sv fork?
libert19

Activity: 2506
Merit: 943

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2023, 05:11:12 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2023, 05:26:12 AM by libert19

I used coinomi myself, it was simple as you did with electron cash, just import seed, add forked coin and balance equivalent to btc held during snapshot would show up.

Coinomi is under suspicions these days but shouldn't be worry since you gonna transfer coins immediately to HW.

Edit:

So I read I can still claim bitcoin sv and bitcoin gold
Import your seed in coinomi, select these two from list of coins, your airdropped coins should show up.

Now the thing is where would you then send the bitcoin gold to?
Convert it to btc and send it your ledger through https://swapspace.co/

Do same with Bitcoin SV.

I have no idea about Bitcoin diamond and ecash, wait other users responses.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16677

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2023, 08:09:56 AM

Okay so I still haven't done this yet.
No surprise there. That's kinda your thing. Everything you need to know has been posted already, but you keep asking the same thing.

Is this the easiest way to do it?
How about I do it for you? You've seen my Fork claiming service. Read that post, read the next post, ignore the Forkcoin values mentioned there (Forkcoins in general keep dropping), offer me a percentage, email me everything I need to know, and this can be done by tomorrow.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: