Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:29:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for sellers  (Read 291 times)
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 2223

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2022, 12:51:36 AM
Merited by Steeley (1)

Why delete the threads/posts/pictures? Destroys any option for provenance or having proof if something is later stolen etc

The benefits to leaving the posts are obvious - I know none if any positives exist to deleting them.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SatsLife

Activity: 794
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2022, 12:54:08 AM

Why delete the threads/posts/pictures? Destroys any option for provenance or having proof if something is later stolen etc

The benefits to leaving the posts are obvious - I know none if any positives exist to deleting them.

Privacy is the best argument

Immuzikation

Activity: 149
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 01:02:31 AM

Privacy is the best argument

#micdrop
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2022, 01:26:13 AM

Maybe so - but I am glad the majority do not

Can you imagine not being able to validate a purchase? Or to even verify if a coin is a fake or legit?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Immuzikation

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 02:11:34 AM

Maybe so - but I am glad the majority do not

Can you imagine not being able to validate a purchase? Or to even verify if a coin is a fake or legit?

I get that and agree with you for the most part. I can only speak for me, it's all about privacy.
MoparMiningLLC (OP)
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2022, 02:17:07 AM

That I can understand but by deleting only the op - what privacy is maintained? Is it the hope that without the op that no one will know what it was about and those that did will forget?

And are web archives an issue then if it was saved via one of those?

With most people not being public about who they are - I would think that alone would maintain the necessary privacy?

I am not a private person myself though I do respect others right to be - so hopefully that doesnt come across that I dont.

I am only thinking about it from a research or historical point.

Truly glad Satoshi never deleted his posts - CSW would have loved having no proof of his fake claims.

And still, no one knows who he is, posts or not.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Immuzikation

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 02:51:07 AM

One example: people maliciously steal pictures to use as their own. If anything, this is one of the main things I think about. People will always know what it was about. All the replies show the original subject.
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 03:23:54 AM

That I can understand but by deleting only the op - what privacy is maintained? Is it the hope that without the op that no one will know what it was about and those that did will forget?

And are web archives an issue then if it was saved via one of those?

With most people not being public about who they are - I would think that alone would maintain the necessary privacy?

I am not a private person myself though I do respect others right to be - so hopefully that doesnt come across that I dont.

I am only thinking about it from a research or historical point.

Truly glad Satoshi never deleted his posts - CSW would have loved having no proof of his fake claims.

And still, no one knows who he is, posts or not.

Most don't know it, but a TON of older pages are archived (even MJ's if that is who you are referring to, since yes, it's very f'in annoying) over on archive.is

If they were recent, there is ninjastic.space ...  I highly recommend this chrome BPIP plugin, it is really handy for seeing more forum stats, adding and removing from trust lists etc...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bpip-extension-test-versi/khbigfopplfibgfgbebnkdcnbdlcalpa

@Suchmoon is the coder, so it can be trusted 100% too... Wink

Edit - I don't trust people who delete past auctions, unless there is some kind of addresses posted or something. You are right, it provides only a negative return on figuring out pricing / deals /coins /provenance etc...  Roll Eyes

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
2stout

Activity: 2352
Merit: 585

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 03:42:07 AM

One example: people maliciously steal pictures to use as their own. If anything, this is one of the main things I think about. People will always know what it was about. All the replies show the original subject.

The issue I see with this example is that people here request the BTCtalk username and date as part of the picture taken, meaning the pictures by themselves without this won't really carry any weight here.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 07:54:58 AM

The issue I see with this example is that people here request the BTCtalk username and date as part of the picture taken, meaning the pictures by themselves without this won't really carry any weight here.

Correct, its actually good practice to post images with a date and username, most people
do anyway.

As for deleting posts, I find it annoying and it can prove difficult I imagine to verify certain
facts in the future.

If people are worried about privacy they can always buy items anonymously, obviously that
wouldn't work with raffles and auctions.

But in traditional auctions can't people bid "over the phone" so essentially their identity
is only known to the auction house and eventually the seller. Could something like that
work on the forum?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
BTCOVERFIATS

Activity: 496
Merit: 43

Holder of last resort

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 08:37:54 AM

Deleting posts makes it hard for Bitcoin collectibles to have true price discovery. Hard to determine market values when there's no receipt from the past.

FIAT IS DEAD TO ME. BITCOIN IS MULTI-GENERATIONAL SAVINGS. FEW UNDERSTAND. BITCOIN ONLY, NO SHITCOINS.
JanEmil

Activity: 2296
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2022, 08:42:31 AM
Merited by Mbitr (1)

Wife can’t see you used 1/2 salary again.

Immuzikation

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 09:31:10 AM

Photoshop.

Who said they would use to only scam here? There’s a big wide world out there.

People got a lot of assumptions and expectations for random people on the internet. Lol. Cry it up. Fact is, it’s not your call regardless of how annoying or inconvenient it is.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 3480

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 09:37:37 AM

Most don't know it, but a TON of older pages are archived (even MJ's if that is who you are referring to, since yes, it's very f'in annoying) over on archive.is
Everything is actually archived in online tools like https://ninjastic.space/ // https://loyce.club/
Including change/history of each post.
I can understand privacy concerns, but ... solutions adopted are not working since there are such services (+ archive.org as already cited).

Wife can’t see you used 1/2 salary again.
Unless she is able to use some bitcointalk tools like mentioned above Roll Eyes Tongue

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
JanEmil

Activity: 2296
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2022, 09:41:36 AM

Unless she is able to use some bitcointalk tools like mentioned above Roll Eyes Tongue

Can we have this post deleted please.

2stout

Activity: 2352
Merit: 585

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 02:47:20 PM

Photoshop.

Who said they would use to only scam here? There’s a big wide world out there.

People got a lot of assumptions and expectations for random people on the internet. Lol. Cry it up. Fact is, it’s not your call regardless of how annoying or inconvenient it is.

There is no need to take things personal as I pointed out a mitigation strategy to show issue with the example, so slow down.  I never made a call so I'm not sure why you say its' not my call regardless of how annoying or inconvenient it is; this is invalid in the context.  I know it's a big world out there and you would be surprised at the amount of requests I have gotten to take pics of items with someone else's "username/id" and date, along with either upfront payment or part of the proceeds.  I wouldn't dare compromise our niche and ever growing space of collectibles- yes, we are still under the radar but this won't always be the case.  What I am saying in essence is the simple step of user name and date in picture with item has prevented an untold amount of scams from even happening.  Perfect, not exactly; very effective thus far- hell yes!
Immuzikation

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 02:53:31 PM

There is no need to take things personal as I pointed out a mitigation strategy to show issue with the example, so slow down.  I never made a call so I'm not sure why you say its' not my call regardless of how annoying or inconvenient it is; this is invalid in the context.  I know it's a big world out there and you would be surprised at the amount of requests I have gotten to take pics of items with someone else's "username/id" and date, along with either upfront payment or part of the proceeds.  I wouldn't dare compromise our niche and ever growing space of collectibles- yes, we are still under the radar but this won't always be the case.  What I am saying in essence is the simple step of user name and date in picture with item has prevented an untold amount of scams from even happening.  Perfect, not exactly; very effective thus far- hell yes!

My last comment was more general and not directed right at you. My bad for not being clear. I'm not taking any of this personal. Like I said before, I agree for the most part. I'm only speaking on why I (usually) delete my OP and have been doing it on here since 2011.
Agrawas

Activity: 1736
Merit: 501

https://rollbit.com/referral/Agrawas

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2022, 03:06:06 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2022, 03:39:15 PM by Agrawas
Merited by 2stout (3)

I see it as a big issue especially with new coin makers. Yes I know the threads are archived but I don’t wanna keep going thru the hassle of finding them. If I buy something today and don’t have a reference thread after 2 months, that item means almost nothing to me. Especially if I wanna sell it to a new member who cannot track the history of that item, they will have 0 interest in those items.

We are a small community right now, everyone knows the makers and their products. 2, 3 or 5 years later when the market expands, if there is no easy way to cross reference, How do to think the market would react to those items.

I am not here talking about any auctions or anything, just the new makers. I always love how some makers and members have helped makers create a reference thread for all the items created so far which makes it so much easier to cross reference any item in future..

Moonbits - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5114574.0
Kialaras - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5096261.0
CI - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1539742.0
CypherHODL - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5412935
I know there are for Alpen and MrCryptoHODL coins also which always make things easier for collectors.

Steeley

Activity: 1123
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 06:35:15 PM

Great question Mopar and I am grateful for this discussion.

I respect privacy and do not think badly of anyone taking down their threads; however, I do think the forum has anonymity to a high degree and would prefer that public auctions stay up for easy access and preserving the history of this collectible history.

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
QuakerBull
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

Bitcoin Enthusiasm & Holo Fanatic

View Profile
November 06, 2022, 06:44:36 PM

I see it as a big issue especially with new coin makers. Yes I know the threads are archived but I don’t wanna keep going thru the hassle of finding them. If I buy something today and don’t have a reference thread after 2 months, that item means almost nothing to me. Especially if I wanna sell it to a new member who cannot track the history of that item, they will have 0 interest in those items.

We are a small community right now, everyone knows the makers and their products. 2, 3 or 5 years later when the market expands, if there is no easy way to cross reference, How do to think the market would react to those items.

I am not here talking about any auctions or anything, just the new makers. I always love how some makers and members have helped makers create a reference thread for all the items created so far which makes it so much easier to cross reference any item in future..

Moonbits - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5114574.0
Kialaras - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5096261.0
CI - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1539742.0
CypherHODL - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5412935
I know there are for Alpen and MrCryptoHODL coins also which always make things easier for collectors.

Thumbs up!
Totally agree with your comment.
I can relate to that since I'm a new collector, using history search for comparison and knowledge about coins, creators, auctions, etc. Will be beneficial if those threads will not be ❌ it defiantly help keep the history of this amazing group of peoples in this forum.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: