Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 10:40:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [INTEREST CHECK] Alpen Coin "Scam Coin"  (Read 2472 times)
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 2276

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2023, 02:45:10 AM

Thanks for the update Mopar. & I appreciate the large scale font! Phones suck! 😂

large scale font? I am using the default size (the same size I see 99% of everyone elses - including yours - posts are made in)

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Frank AlpenCoin (OP)

Activity: 549
Merit: 532

View Profile
August 03, 2023, 07:16:12 AM

Still awaiting coins, once received I will generate key/address pairs then will hand off to minerjones for assembly.

I will discuss with minerjones later this week or next week on the best way to make this blind so neither he or I know which one gets funded.

we could generate addresses - give those to frank to randomly pick one for funding. but then make no visible addresses on the coins? instead randomly assign the pks to the coins. one would have to peel it to find out.

or maybe frank has a plan already - it is possible I have forgotten or missed it. Smiley

Hi Mopar,

I prefer if you have to peel it to findif it's loaded or not. Funnier and better for the speculation.  Wink how did gravitate with his lucky coins?

What do you and mj think? The forum can also give its opinion.

I let you decide how you want to do it.

Have a nice day.
Bullion-n-BTC
Copper Member

Activity: 446
Merit: 65

Physical Bitcoin is the only way to stack

View Profile
August 03, 2023, 07:18:42 AM
Merited by Frank AlpenCoin (1)

Still awaiting coins, once received I will generate key/address pairs then will hand off to minerjones for assembly.

I will discuss with minerjones later this week or next week on the best way to make this blind so neither he or I know which one gets funded.

we could generate addresses - give those to frank to randomly pick one for funding. but then make no visible addresses on the coins? instead randomly assign the pks to the coins. one would have to peel it to find out.

or maybe frank has a plan already - it is possible I have forgotten or missed it. Smiley

Hi Mopar,

I prefer if you have to peel it to findif it's loaded or not. Funnier and better for the speculation.  Wink how did gravitate with his lucky coins?

Have a nice day.
I like the “peel to find if it’s loaded or not” idea…. There’s no reward without risk! I’d keep mine for a bit to see if others peel and somebody wins it and then maybe peel if nobody has. Or maybe you could even turn it into a game with clues or something as to which one is actually loaded

LuckyFool Bullion on Instagram / Physical Crypto Coins Facebook page / The Alchemy Mint / LuckyFool Mint
tweetious

Activity: 1979
Merit: 380

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
August 03, 2023, 01:25:06 PM
Merited by Frank AlpenCoin (1)

Hi Mopar,

I prefer if you have to peel it to findif it's loaded or not. Funnier and better for the speculation.  Wink how did gravitate with his lucky coins?

Have a nice day.
I like the “peel to find if it’s loaded or not” idea…. There’s no reward without risk! I’d keep mine for a bit to see if others peel and somebody wins it and then maybe peel if nobody has. Or maybe you could even turn it into a game with clues or something as to which one is actually loaded

I also like the “peel to find if it’s loaded or not” idea too.

Suggestion:

1) Mopar creates the private/public key pairs. He prints the private keys & hands them off to MJ.
2) MJ randomly allocates the private keys to coins & applies hologram.
3) Afterwards, Mopar sends electronically the public keys to Frank
4) Frank randomly selects a public key and loads it.
5) Mopar confirms that the loaded public key  corresponds to a coin public/private key (ie double checks that it is an address from the provided list)

Optionally: The public keys list is publicly posted, so everyone who peels can confirm that the corresponding address of the private key, is included in the coins address list.

Frank AlpenCoin (OP)

Activity: 549
Merit: 532

View Profile
August 03, 2023, 02:55:16 PM

I also like the “peel to find if it’s loaded or not” idea too.

Suggestion:

1) Mopar creates the private/public key pairs. He prints the private keys & hands them off to MJ.
2) MJ randomly allocates the private keys to coins & applies hologram.
3) Afterwards, Mopar sends electronically the public keys to Frank
4) Frank randomly selects a public key and loads it.
5) Mopar confirms that the loaded public key  corresponds to a coin public/private key (ie double checks that it is an address from the provided list)

Optionally: The public keys list is publicly posted, so everyone who peels can confirm that the corresponding address of the private key, is included in the coins address list.

Good suggestion.

Mopar could post the addresses, and a block will decide which one will be loaded. (as for raffles)
We also have to define the loaded Amount and the % for the winner....  
2stout

Activity: 2408
Merit: 595

View Profile
August 03, 2023, 03:32:43 PM

I was thinking since there will be 40 coins that we proceed as follows:  The 39 rekt coins are loaded with 0.001BTC (0.039BTC total), the 40 who are in for the coins contribute 0.002BTC toward load (0.08BTC total), and the "winning/rug pull" coin is loaded with 0.041BTC.  This way a 50% haircut for the rekt and a slightly over 20x come up for the "winning/rug pull" coin.  Thoughts?
krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 3347

The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2023, 07:15:08 PM

I was thinking since there will be 40 coins that we proceed as follows:  The 39 rekt coins are loaded with 0.001BTC (0.039BTC total), the 40 who are in for the coins contribute 0.002BTC toward load (0.08BTC total), and the "winning/rug pull" coin is loaded with 0.041BTC.  This way a 50% haircut for the rekt and a slightly over 20x come up for the "winning/rug pull" coin.  Thoughts?

I like the idea of this whole concept....only I would ask the coins contributed per person per coin would be lower....say 0.001btc?

Other than that looking forward to owning one...and I would not peel...just leave as is in my collection.

Goodluck to this project!

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█▀▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀░░░█░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▀▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▀▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░▄███████████▄░░░░░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░▄█████████████████▄░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░░█▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▀█▄░░▐▌
░░░░░░░░░█░░▄█▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄░░░░██▄▐▌
░░░░░░░░▐░▄█▌▄▄░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀░░░████▌█
░░░░░░░▐▌▐███████▄░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄█████▌░█
░░░░░░░█░▐█████████████████████████████░░█
░░░░░░░█░░██████████████████████████████░░▌
░░░░▄▄██▄░▀▀██████████████████████████▀░░░███▄▄
░░▄█░░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄▄░▀▀█████████████████▀░▄▄█▀░░░░░█▄
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀██████████████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2023, 07:24:57 PM

but I generate the keys/addresses - give only the keys to minerjones for assembly - he never sees address list - he assembles them before one is loaded so no way to know which one will be loaded - then randomly select one - like Frank suggests and that one gets loaded.

the only way to know who the winner is would  require peeling.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
2stout

View Profile
August 03, 2023, 08:03:02 PM

I like the idea of this whole concept....only I would ask the coins contributed per person per coin would be lower....say 0.001btc?

Other than that looking forward to owning one...and I would not peel...just leave as is in my collection.

Goodluck to this project!

Then that would leave rekt coins with a 0.0005BTC load and the "winning/rug pull" coin with a 0.0205BTC load.  To me, the 0.002BTC contrubution offers the best balance of scam and not breaking the bank on a 40mm coin.
Steeley

Activity: 1134
Merit: 265

Byzantine Generals' Problem solved,Prosperity Next

View Profile
August 03, 2023, 08:25:08 PM

My 2 cents, "Peel, peel, peel." I agree with Frank. Much more mystery and game in this option.

Beware of scammers. I will never discuss the sale of Collectibles on Telegram or any other messaging client outside the forum.
Kryptowerk
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1402

Disobey.

View Profile
August 03, 2023, 08:30:31 PM

I like 2stouts idea. Generally I would be in for anything ranging from 0.001 to 0.004 BTC per coin-buyer. -> I think we should either aim for a a clean sum for the "winner" coin or for a clean sum for the rekt coins each.
In your example the clean sum means 0.001 per rekt coin, which is probably the better way than vice versa -> for example 0.05 for the winner and remaining 0.03/40 = 0.00075 for the rect coins. With other total sums (more or less than 40*0.002 = 0.08) we can also find some "good looking" distributions.

The way Mopar describes it sounds reasonable regarding true unknown winner coin. Maybe some way to prove it would be nice (invite a thrid party to both MJ and Mopar). Not that I don't trust you guys, but it would exponentially increase trust as 4 people instead of 2 would need to be compromised.

Get educated about Bitcoin. Check out Andreas Antonopoulos on Youtube. An old but gold talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc744Z9IjhY

UPDATE 2024: Daniel Schmachtenberger on The Meta-Crisis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSx8j8lSewA One of the most important talks about the current state of this planet and human society in general. Go check it out.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2023, 03:25:36 AM

personally I think only one coin should have a balance - the rest are well, "rugged" but I am just the key maker in this so the decision is not mine.

The way Mopar describes it sounds reasonable regarding true unknown winner coin. Maybe some way to prove it would be nice (invite a thrid party to both MJ and Mopar). Not that I don't trust you guys, but it would exponentially increase trust as 4 people instead of 2 would need to be compromised.

works for me.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
JanEmil

Activity: 2338
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2023, 06:07:58 AM

Flip the script. The winner is the one with zero balance Grin

krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2023, 06:51:04 AM

personally I think only one coin should have a balance - the rest are well, "rugged" but I am just the key maker in this so the decision is not mine.

works for me.

I like this idea as well.....one coin has all and the rest rugged. Again I do not want to be paying a high loading fee and my suggestion for a "loading fee" of 0.001 BTC or less still applies. No idea what the coin price will be so do not want to be spending too much on this fee.

2stout

View Profile
August 04, 2023, 01:36:55 PM

works for me.

I like this idea as well.....one coin has all and the rest rugged. Again I do not want to be paying a high loading fee and my suggestion for a "loading fee" of 0.001 BTC or less still applies. No idea what the coin price will be so do not want to be spending too much on this fee.

It appears there will need to be a vote on this as some prefer one coin with all the funds and others, such as myself, prefer rekt coins to be loaded, albeit at loss to the initial "investment" and the "winning/rug pull" coin to have a relatively substantial load compared to initial investment.

Also, regarding coin price, this is from Frank so it should give an idea:

Hi,

Thank you all for your interest.

The price of the coin should be around 70 usd + the funding. MoparMining will generate the key, and MJ will assemble them and distribute them. If there is enough demand we (mj, mopar and I) won't participate. We stick to 30 coins.

The funding will be 0.001 BTC so the winner gets 0.03 BTC. Let us know if you would more or less funding.

I could imagine that with a funding of 0.002 BTC the total price would be around 100 USD. And the winner could win 0.06 BTC (almost 10x, quite a good scam) . we can decide this later.
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2023, 05:12:49 PM

Not sure why there would be a vote? Frank is doing this and should be the one to decide.

At least I do not recall where it was stated the possible buyers (because not everyome here will buy one - there simply are not enough) would decide how it would be done.

Imo it makes zero sense - based on the theme of this project - that all coins should be loaded - seems like exact opposite of the intent.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
2stout

View Profile
August 04, 2023, 05:28:37 PM

Not sure why there would be a vote? Frank is doing this and should be the one to decide.

At least I do not recall where it was stated the possible buyers (because not everyome here will buy one - there simply are not enough) would decide how it would be done.

Imo it makes zero sense - based on the theme of this project - that all coins should be loaded - seems like exact opposite of the intent.

I believe Frank left this open, perhaps you should re-read his posts; I'll help you out here with the TLDR:

Hi,

I agree with geo we should all get a coin. MJ, MoparMining and I see this coin as a project for the community. To thank everyone to be so strong in the bear market!

I think we should do the "50% loss version and a larger payout for the winner" . But I must admit that I have a weakness for the "rekt edition" (Cf tweetious).
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2023, 06:46:23 PM

I did read his posts and he stated that the funding would go to one coin not with majority to one and some to all the others.

So I dont think that was "left open"

hence why I said there should be no voting. this is Frank's decision.

there was the first post where he stated all the funding would go to the one coin

then there was the post you quoted - where he said something about 50% loss and the rest to "winner" but he also in that same post stated he like the "Rekt" (which I take as referring to the original - all funding to the one coin)

either way It should be up to Frank not us.

also as an update - I have the coins in hand - I will generate the keys this weekend and will provide keys and coins to minerjones at our next meeting which should be within the next 7-10 days.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
2stout

View Profile
August 04, 2023, 07:09:33 PM

I did read his posts and he stated that the funding would go to one coin not with majority to one and some to all the others.

So I dont think that was "left open"

hence why I said there should be no voting. this is Frank's decision.

there was the first post where he stated all the funding would go to the one coin

then there was the post you quoted - where he said something about 50% loss and the rest to "winner" but he also in that same post stated he like the "Rekt" (which I take as referring to the original - all funding to the one coin)

either way It should be up to Frank not us.

And hence where the open comes from in the 1st post from Frank:

"Of course there is still a lot of question: material of the coin, design, price,... this is an open thread"

Agree, it's ultimately up to Frank but the spirit of his words seem to lean toward community involvement, which is why said it appears a vote will be needed.  Also, appears doesn't mandate anything but merely hints.
krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2023, 07:32:41 PM

It appears there will need to be a vote on this as some prefer one coin with all the funds and others, such as myself, prefer rekt coins to be loaded, albeit at loss to the initial "investment" and the "winning/rug pull" coin to have a relatively substantial load compared to initial investment.

Also, regarding coin price, this is from Frank so it should give an idea:

Hi,

Thank you all for your interest.

The price of the coin should be around 70 usd + the funding. MoparMining will generate the key, and MJ will assemble them and distribute them. If there is enough demand we (mj, mopar and I) won't participate. We stick to 30 coins.

The funding will be 0.001 BTC so the winner gets 0.03 BTC. Let us know if you would more or less funding.

I could imagine that with a funding of 0.002 BTC the total price would be around 100 USD. And the winner could win 0.06 BTC (almost 10x, quite a good scam) . we can decide this later.

I forgot all about this post that Frank made in November!  I like the original idea and that the total price is around $100!

I hope he stickes to this plan as I do not want the cost of a coin to be too expensive either.

Thanks for bringing it up from the past  Wink