Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:47:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People who holds 1+ Bitcoin, how does it feel to hold in bear market?  (Read 476 times)
tjtonmoy (OP)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 366

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2022, 06:53:47 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2022, 08:37:05 AM by tjtonmoy

I have been in this crypto market for a while now. 2 years plus if I remember correctly. I have seen BTC at $29k when I first entered the crypto market.
Then after some struggle, BTC went up so high reaching almost 70k making it the all-time high price of BTC. Then in 2022 it just falls and where it stands now.

I have seen it grow and fall too. Current market condition is so unpredictable. But I have made my own analysis, and now I know that every time BTC has fallen in the past, it just bounces back to the top to grow stronger than before.

As whom holds more than 1 BTC now, I think you guys are in this crypto world for a long now. How does it feel to hold it in Bear market?
And what would you suggest to the people entering the market recently and having thoughts about selling their share of BTC? What's your advice to them?

As for my advice, I would say "Try to do some research on Bitcoin's past and see what it has achieved. If you dive deep, you will see it's potential and would never sell until the right time"

Edit: I said 1 BTC+ and there's a reason for that. I know how human mind works. If you have less than 1 BTC(almost 1) then you will be willing to hold it to make it to the 1. And those who have more than 1 BTC Like 1.5 or 1.2 something like that. They will most likely sell the other and keep the 1 for the future.
I am not here to know who owns the 1 BTC. Just curious, do they do the same?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoPanda

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
December 21, 2022, 07:04:10 PM

I have been in this crypto market for a while now. 2 years plus if I remember correctly. I have seen BTC at $29k when I first entered the crypto market.
Then after some struggle, BTC went up so high reaching almost 70k making it the all-time high price of BTC. Then in 2022 it just falls and where it stands now.

I have seen it grow and fall too. Current market condition is so unpredictable. But I have made my own analysis, and now I know that every time BTC has fallen in the past, it just bounces back to the top to grow stronger than before.

As whom holds more than 1 BTC now, I think you guys are in this crypto world for a long now. How does it feel to hold it in Bear market?
And what would you suggest to the people entering the market recently and having thoughts about selling their share of BTC? What's your advice to them?

Yes the price of bitcoin will rise again and we may see another ATH, but no one knows how long it’s going to take. I don’t have 1 bitcoin, and I’m getting there. I’m taking advantage of the bear season gives a good opportunity to buy more bitcoins to add to my portfolio. I wouldn’t advice anyone to sell their bitcoins unless it’s a health situation or they don’t have any other means to take care of their needs. The best advice I can give is hodl.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4453

View Profile
December 21, 2022, 07:13:56 PM

i have coins from as far back as 2012. so i have no fear or worry at all

i did also buy about $5k worth(0.16btc) when the price was $30k this year, i have no regrets on that deal either

i didnt need to buy more, i have hoards. this little 0.16 does not impact the hoards. so its just lays there as dust compared to lumps when comparing the wallets

but compared to the 2021 peak $70k.. $30k price was a good deal. and dont regret it even now

the trick is PATIENCE, and not investing amounts which you fear losing.
dont invest more then you can risk/afford

$5k is just a years worth of food waste toilet flushes to me,
it would have been lost if not invested anyways(i would have spent it on junk food/luxury food that just gets digested and plops out in a toilet)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
December 21, 2022, 07:14:28 PM

Nothing beats the advise of being patient because that's all you need to have on this bear market. Actually, not just on this bear market but also during the bull run.

Not just all about holding but the attitude of being patient. You have to be calm at all times because you'll never know how high and low it will be for the price of bitcoin.

It's normal to sell when you're in profit and as well as if you're panicking but, if ever you're about to sell then make sure that you're happy about it.

Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 2173

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2022, 07:22:28 PM

Note that people replying here may or may not hold as much as 1BTC. No one would so easily give a hint of how much of an asset they own, as that would be a poor privacy decision.

How does it feel to hold it in Bear market?
Experienced forum members can still give good advice on this as they have been around this space for some time now, witnessing different bull and bear markets over that time.

• It feels frustrating to hold initially as you constantly check on the price, multiple times a day even, only to see it remain stagnant or even drop. You wonder when it would rise and you'll get that adrenaline rush of a bull run. There would also be a lot of dead cat bounces, where it does rise, only to fall back soon after.
You need to build your mental resolve and of course, only invest what you can afford to lose.

• If you're having thoughts about selling, look at the charts and zoom out to see the larger picture.
You likely wish you had bought ten years ago, but even if you had and sold early at any price drop, you'll still have profited nothing.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Queentoshi

Activity: 742
Merit: 308

View Profile
December 21, 2022, 08:42:47 PM

If you just entered the market recently means you have not made as many losses as people who have been in the market for a longer time and holding more than 1+ bitcoins. I can imagine that for those who had or still have up to 1+ bitcoin are not taking this bear market season as lightly and easily as others who only hold fractions and why not, when they have lost a lot already.  I don't have up to 1 bitcoin but I imagine the advice I will give to people who just entered the market will be sell if you know that the money you have invested is not an amount you can and will want to loose, sell if you cannot be patient.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
cabron

Activity: 2800
Merit: 597

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2022, 08:53:09 PM

Yes the price of bitcoin will rise again and we may see another ATH, but no one knows how long it’s going to take. I don’t have 1 bitcoin, and I’m getting there. I’m taking advantage of the bear season gives a good opportunity to buy more bitcoins to add to my portfolio. I wouldn’t advice anyone to sell their bitcoins unless it’s a health situation or they don’t have any other means to take care of their needs. The best advice I can give is hodl.

OP just said Never sell until the right time. He knows when that is which is once the price hits the all-time high after halving. BTC bull market has a cycle, we all know it goes way up after halving. If a person holds his BTC by that time when he knows the bubble is about to pop, then he might just regret not selling. Yes, I sometimes regret not selling some. I often think of how much I could have gotten if I bought back at the current price.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4453

View Profile
December 21, 2022, 09:04:43 PM

• It feels frustrating to hold initially as you constantly check on the price, multiple times a day even,

if you are daily price watching, you are not a holder
you are an exiter, because you are looking for the right price to exit

holders dont watch the price daily because they are not going to sell today so no need to know todays price

some are day traders, but they look at the price for day trading,
not hoard investing

previous years i day traded. not to value my hoard, but just to see the 1% price wiggles to get 1% a day profit to add to my hoard

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Yawa2020

Activity: 700
Merit: 30

View Profile
December 21, 2022, 09:14:55 PM

I don't see any difference feeling between those who own 1 btc and those who own less. Btc is btc and the price is uniform and affect everyone holding it. What I'm trying to say in short is that there's no special feeling. It depends on how best you can control your emotions during the bear market. Mind you, you shouldn't decide for people when to sell their coins.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
December 21, 2022, 09:15:42 PM

Trying to accumulate more during the bear market is the best choice one can do. To hold 1BTC is really good and it gives the pride that we're among the 21 million club. Holding 1BTC without knowing its value happened with me. I just made few bitcoin and I wasn't able to keep hold of it. I just cash out and use it or gamble and loss it. If I've planned well and used now I could've got 1BTC in my wallet. So, I never expected of massive bounce is the prime reason for spending it and not giving importance to holding of bitcoin.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2022, 10:04:12 PM

Not only people with 1 bitcoin, people who hold more than 10 bitcoin had hold their bitcoin for longer period. It’s doesn’t depend on the number of bitcoin holding. It’s purely based on the capacity of holding your bitcoin for the longer period. Dependencies of bitcoin as your monthly expenses and depend on that for your regular money spending should be avoided in such a way to save your money in bitcoin.
rhomelmabini

Activity: 2002
Merit: 578

View Profile
December 21, 2022, 10:38:50 PM

I'm not holding 1 Bitcoin but holding a tenth of it is likely similar thing, I'm not gonna paperhand it during this time. To those who are new in the wild west of crypto, this is just as expected and maybe we can't even yet see that it really bottomed. We may expect more pain in the downside since lot are expecting to grab $10k valuation.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
December 21, 2022, 10:51:47 PM

As for my advice, I would say "Try to do some research on Bitcoin's past and see what it has achieved. If you dive deep, you will see it's potential and would never sell until the right time"

I consider out myself to accumulate BItcoin out from my hard work plus having those gradual buys out from my salary or savings which it did really be able to hit up that 1 whole BTC on my stash.

I was never ever did come to a point on selling it out no matter how high or low the price is.1 BTC = 1 BTC, there's so much potential with it and we arent that blind
when it comes to history on how it did able to survive for a decade.
This market is really a roller coaster ride on which it is really that hard to make control of someones emotion on the time you are seeing its declining.
Proper control and patience is the key.
Ryu_Ar1

Activity: 770
Merit: 615

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2022, 11:03:33 PM

Even though I'm fairly new to this and still don't have 1+ bitcoin in my portfolio, but with this condition, I'm actually a little grateful because I feel a little bit more from the bear market for the first time since I held bitcoin after a quite big increase. with new ath in it.
On the other hand, I'm actually a little grateful because with this I started DCA on a good note because over the past few months I bought bitcoin, even below $30k, even now it's under $20k so I feel this is a good thing for me in the future. .

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Ultegra134

Activity: 1540
Merit: 744

View Profile
December 21, 2022, 11:57:05 PM

I don't have 1 Bitcoin; unfortunately, I'm nowhere close to having that much. I'd love to set a goal to acquire a whole Bitcoin but it won't be a realistic one. Nevertheless, in my opinion, the amount of BTC is quite irrelevant in this case since the majority of us are at a loss of over 50%. Even if you've held since 2012 as Franky1, it'd still hurt thinking that one day Bitcoin would be worth almost $70,000 each. Generally, I'm quite optimistic, despite an approximately 60% loss, because this isn't money that I take into account on a daily basis. Thus, I pretend that I don't have them; it helps keep my mind at peace. I'm hoping that we'll see a recovery in the upcoming few years.

It's unlikely that I'll ever acquire a whole bitcoin, but fortunately, the lower prices make it way more affordable than it was a few months ago.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Die_empty

Activity: 686
Merit: 994

Give all before death

View Profile
December 22, 2022, 12:20:43 AM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (3)

I am not even close to owning one bitcoin because from my investment plan, it would take so many years for me to achieve that feat. But I think I still have similar feeling with some people that have gotten to that one bitcoin mark. For new investors, checking the price almost every time might be their current behavior because they might not have the knowledge of how the bitcoin investment system works. Most of them are threatened or scared when the see the price drop. But for investors that have been in the sector for a long time, they are not really scared of the daily or weekly performance of the market because the have a lot of experience concerning the sector. For me, I have decided to totally have confidence in bitcoin, therefore I am not moved to sell my investment anytime soon. 

landheer

Activity: 467
Merit: 61

View Profile
December 22, 2022, 12:41:34 AM

I don't have more than one bitcoin, but I only have less than 1 bitcoin. and i held bitcoin for quite a while when i bought it for 40,000 dollars. and I will not sell it until the time comes, that is, I will sell it when there is a good profit.

my advice for new to bitcoin. don't sell your bitcoins if you haven't made a profit yet. and remember the bitcoin cycle.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2022, 12:49:14 AM

(....)
I think this is only based on the person, not all can afford 1 bitcoin to hold over time, and there are also some people that 1 bitcoin is like a cent for them or very cheap for them, so if you will ask this question them, maybe it's just nothing from them.
Overall, if an average people that for them 1 Bitcoin is already huge, then overall it's very scary especially if they are already underwater, they bought like during peak or any price that is above the current price we have now.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1857

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
December 22, 2022, 12:51:39 AM

Those who have been with Bitcoin long enough knows that bear markets do not last forever. They've been through the cycles themselves. They know for sure that Bitcoin winters are temporary, and when the price bounces back, it will surpass its previous ATH.

As for me, I think I'm immune to bear markets. If the year ends with Bitcoin falling all the way to $10,000, I think I wouldn't lose an hour of sleep. I guess it's the benefit if you're gearing up for the long-term. 2 or 3 years from now, you'll only look back at this time with a smirk on your face.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Apocollapse

Activity: 952
Merit: 743

View Profile
December 22, 2022, 02:57:35 AM

I don't hold 1+ Bitcoin, the question is why you're only asking for people who hold 1+ Bitcoin? Each person has their own monthly income, how much they buy Bitcoin every month, and how much they allocate to Bitcoin.

If a person make $1,000,000 of course he don't have any problem to buy 1 Bitcoin every month and hold it for 3-5 years since he has more money.

It's different with a person who make $50 per month and he allocate $40 to buy Bitcoin, even he already work for 500 weeks to in order to have 1 Bitcoin (let's say the Bitcoin price is $20,000). Of course he will scared if Bitcoin price is crash since it's most of their money.

The answer is you need to have risk management and only invest what you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: