Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:09:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying $1000 in BTC  (Read 3564 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 06:32:09 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2013, 04:32:01 AM by cypherdoc

i would like to buy $1000 in BTC from an honest trader.  can someone help me?  
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2011, 07:04:03 PM

i would like to buy $10,000 in BTC from an honest trader.  can someone help me?  my email is idoc@lazer.pro

I have 5000 BTC that I will sell but only on bitcoin2cash.com marketplace.
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 08:21:11 PM

i would like to buy $10,000 in BTC from an honest trader.  can someone help me?  my email is idoc@lazer.pro

One thing you might consider is sending MtGox a wire transfer and trading on that exchange. I've had good luck doing so with largish amounts in the past.
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 05, 2011, 09:52:09 PM

I'd go with Mt. Gox too.  Be aware that they have a $1,000 per day withdrawal limit.  So it'll take you 1.5 weeks to withdraw your Bitcoins after you've purchased them.  It'd be no fun to be caught by surprise Smiley
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 11:44:12 AM

I'd go with Mt. Gox too.  Be aware that they have a $1,000 per day withdrawal limit.  So it'll take you 1.5 weeks to withdraw your Bitcoins after you've purchased them.  It'd be no fun to be caught by surprise Smiley

I believed that the withdrawal limits only applied on cash.
I do not see the point on limiting BTC too.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 11:58:19 AM

High chance this person is a scammer, first posts of person are about making a large buy, preferably using paypal. Who wants to buy 10kUSD of bitcoin with little or no interaction with us previously.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 12:16:04 PM

High chance this person is a scammer, first posts of person are about making a large buy, preferably using paypal. Who wants to buy 10kUSD of bitcoin with little or no interaction with us previously.

I don't think so. He didn't mentioned paypal. And - why should anyone have long talks on this forum before big buy? There are busy people who don't want to spend hours on forum at all. This forum != all bitcoin users. People here around are calling investors. And when they arrive, people call them scammers? Wink

Peao
Legendary

Activity: 1320
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 12:18:01 PM

I don't think so. He didn't mentioned paypal. And - why should anyone have long talks on this forum before big buy? There are busy people who don't want to spend hours on forum at all. This forum != all bitcoin users. People here around are calling investors. And when they arrive, people call them scammers? Wink

+1
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 12:29:09 PM

Just looking at his past posts. I could be wrong, I'm just very wary about large amounts, having been burned too many times.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 02:14:35 PM

I can swing this trade. Email sent.
The Madhatter

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 02:16:57 PM

I suspect it is to stop a run or limit exposure to possible exploits.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 02:31:10 PM

I suspect it is to stop a run or limit exposure to possible exploits.

Are you confirming there's a limit on btc too?
Doesn't make sense to me but that's ok.

If someone shows up and wants to wire 10k usd for btc that's fine.
If someone wants to pay me 10k in paypal that I don't know then that's something else.
I've had bad luck with paypal and I wouldn't risk 10k on it.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
The Madhatter

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 02:35:37 PM

Yes. That is correct.

If someone shows up and wants to wire 10k usd for btc that's fine.
If someone wants to pay me 10k in paypal that I don't know then that's something else.
I've had bad luck with paypal and I wouldn't risk 10k on it.

Oh, I know. I'd insist on a bank wire for this trade. I'm not stupid. Smiley
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 06, 2011, 03:20:00 PM

If thiers anyone i'd trust, It's The Madhatter, Ofcourse he does have that weird split personality thing going on right now.... so that might not the be "the original madhatter"

But going by the typing structure, It's him

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2011, 03:40:28 PM

Yes. That is correct.

Where has this been documented/mentioned.  I've only heard of a limit on USD.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 12:57:48 PM

Yes. That is correct.

Where has this been documented/mentioned.  I've only heard of a limit on USD.

Can't find it either, I'm curious.

moneyandtech.com
mndrix
Michael Hendricks
VIP

Activity: 447
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 03:13:26 PM

I can confirm that the limits are in place on BTC withdrawals, even if they're not documented.  I hit them about twice a week while operating CoinPal.

I assume the limits apply to Bitcoins because Mt. Gox (or their lawyers) consider Bitcoin as a stored value product.  My understanding is that U.S. law doesn't regulate stored value products when the volume is below $1,000 per day.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 12:37:54 PM

I can confirm that the limits are in place on BTC withdrawals, even if they're not documented.  I hit them about twice a week while operating CoinPal.

I assume the limits apply to Bitcoins because Mt. Gox (or their lawyers) consider Bitcoin as a stored value product.  My understanding is that U.S. law doesn't regulate stored value products when the volume is below $1,000 per day.

That makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

moneyandtech.com
The Madhatter

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 12:47:04 PM

Aye. It's me. Smiley My clone doesn't actually have access to the forum.

I've also hit those limits. The stored value explanation that mndrix offered is spot on, in my opinion.

After talking to this guy via email I'm starting to get that faint aroma of "scam". I could be wrong.

If anyone else wants to take this deal, feel free. I'm not interested anymore. Smiley
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 10:55:05 PM

Aye. It's me. Smiley My clone doesn't actually have access to the forum.

I've also hit those limits. The stored value explanation that mndrix offered is spot on, in my opinion.

After talking to this guy via email I'm starting to get that faint aroma of "scam". I could be wrong.

If anyone else wants to take this deal, feel free. I'm not interested anymore. Smiley

Is this a "I'm only doing it with paypal" or a "you transfer first" aroma?
Bummer, I was just reading a story how a guy thought he was going to get scammed and the dude ended up paying him so it inspired me.

moneyandtech.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: