Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:55:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Crossed/isolated mode  (Read 110 times)
david678345 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 24, 2023, 06:51:21 PM

Hi, I want to follow some traders on Bitget with copytrading and I see that many of the traders who have better results use the cross mode.

What should I take into account when following those traders?

With the cross mode if the traders I follow open positions until they exhaust my futures account balance and then one of those positions starts to go against me I would lose all the money in my account, right?

What recommendations can you give me when setting up the account?

PLEASE do not publish to advise me against copytrading, I know that you can lose money...(and that you can also earn)....
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cafter

Activity: 448
Merit: 222

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2023, 07:00:42 PM

Hi, I want to follow some traders on Bitget with copytrading and I see that many of the traders who have better results use the cross mode.

What should I take into account when following those traders?

With the cross mode if the traders I follow open positions until they exhaust my futures account balance and then one of those positions starts to go against me I would lose all the money in my account, right?

If the trader you want to copy is profitable in long term and has winrate of 70% to 80% or more than you may think of it to copy, which is hard to find one ,

and if they were good trader than they not be there to trade your money, they simply lend money from trading loan providers,

in trading no one knows what is going to happen , it takes experience to predict the next move of market in short term which comes by learning and experimenting

I want to follow some traders on Bitget with copytrading and I see that many of the traders who have better results use the cross mode.

ok, so i think you are talking about cross margin or isolated margin
i suggest to don't use cross margin, use isolated instead
because cross will risk all your funds when trade goes in opposite direction

use half of you fund in isolated margin
if trade goes against you, you can add other half fund to hedge the position and come out with very less loss
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
February 24, 2023, 07:33:26 PM

Take profits regularly with copy traders that do well on shorter time frames. They can often do badly on longer time frames (especially considering one with a 4000% return has to lose the majority of their investment before they're considered loss making to those exchanges). If you can take a profit often enough, you might do well trading with them as long as you diversify too.

Isolated and cross are also not too different in how they work. A smaller amount on cross margin is similar to isolated, if you can segregate accounts well then it's easy enough to consider cross isolated as long as you're focussed on what you're doing when you set it up.
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
February 25, 2023, 08:03:12 AM

With cross margin mode you are exposed to loses limited only by the size of your wallet. In worse case scenario 1 bad position will force-close all your other trades and whipe out everything to the last cent. You can protect your wallet by well placed stoploss but in extreme situation like instant flash crash even this won't save you. I advise to use isolated margin and always take care of enough collateral.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1785

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
February 25, 2023, 11:44:28 PM
Merited by Oshosondy (1), Rizzrack (1)

If copy trading was profitable, don't you think 90% of the traders would be smiling and rich because they could just copy from a dozen successful traders?
I don't know if you are able to see the position size and total amount ion the account of those successful looking traders. $1000 position could be nothing to someone yet in their account they have like $10M.

My advice is, be careful when copy trading. You don't know how deep someone's pockets couuld be.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1246
Merit: 356

View Profile
February 26, 2023, 07:29:12 AM

PLEASE do not publish to advise me against copytrading, I know that you can lose money...(and that you can also earn)....
All of the money in your futures account will be at danger if you use cross mode. But, in isolated mode, you only risk the margin you invested in that trade.

If you always set a stop loss when you trade, using cross mode or isolated mode won't give you any problems because it will quickly close the position if your SL is hit. Moreover, using cross mode when your SL exceeds your liquidation will deplete funds in your futures account.

You must train yourself to constantly use ISO in case you forget to put a stop loss.

In terms of copy trading. You only have to identify traders who have a high win rate and consistent in winning. Don't afraid of copy trading because your money is just nothing to them, so if they lost, your lost is just a cent to them.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Rizzrack
Copper Member

Activity: 764
Merit: 694

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2023, 10:23:55 PM

Indeed, cross margin is more risky... but as Bitcoin_Arena said, it also matters what percentage of your fund you "play" with. If the guy you copy is using 1% of his funds and opens some risky 30x levarage positions he can sustain some losses and can set his stop-loss lower. If you use 30% of your funds for the same trade you will get liquidated as soon as that coins goes 3% in the wrong direction.

Lost my share to futures trading in my noobish days. It can go well or it can go bad. Just make sure you understand what you are doing before starting.

Good luck !

tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2023, 12:57:05 PM

...What recommendations can you give me when setting up the account?..

Pay attention to the fact that the trader you are copying opens orders, as a rule, with a leverage of x1 and this gives him the opportunity to hold his deal for a long time if the price moves in the opposite direction to your expectations. Accordingly, if you use a higher leverage, you can quickly lose your deposit.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AicecreaME

Activity: 2324
Merit: 454

View Profile
March 02, 2023, 02:24:49 PM

If you lose your money in copy trading, you'll only learn from that mistake but you will never learn anything about trading aside from cross and isolated margin. But if you really want to test it out, don't exactly copy the trade since you might have a big difference in the funds, the trader you would copy could hold that position in a certain period of time but you couldn't, so always be aware on what you need to adjust before entering that kind of trading.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
March 02, 2023, 02:24:53 PM

You are probably copying the wrong way and trying to make faster and quicker money. If you are trading with high leverage then you are likely to lose more when market direction doesn't go your direction. As always in trading, you need to have a reasonable amount in trade equity so that if something goes wrong in the trade then you can haya little more capital to sustain the rush. This may be the challenge for your copy trade so if that is true then you have to adjust your leverage lower
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: