Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:39:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can old trading strategies work again?  (Read 995 times)
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1260
Merit: 356

View Profile
March 27, 2023, 11:04:02 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

Thinking about how trading strategies need to always be changed and how one strategy may not work for a long time, what do you do with the strategy that you are about to change. do you just forget about it completely once a new strategy starts working for you? or do you keep it in remembrance for the future. If you have experienced this before; has any old trading strategy that you decided to apply work for you? Is it possible that old strategies may work in the future again?
I knew a lot of strategy and all of them are working, like pattern, SNR, ICT, SMC concept and others. But that doesn't mean I have to use them all in my trading journey. However you can confluence them to your strat but you should focus on a strategy or main strategy if you want to be successful in trading and you should have to refine it in order to fix something in order for your strat to increase it's probability of winning. I also experienced using those strategies, and I won in my trades. But when I experience losses, I switch to another strat which is wrong. Because losses are normal. You just need to master risk management and psychology and then stick to your plan. Just like what Rektproof is doing, a professional trader who turns his 500$ starting balance into $359,301. He's still experience losses in his trades but because of risk management and proper mindset, he became successful.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bollexz1

Activity: 868
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 27, 2023, 11:13:07 PM

Old strategies don't always 100% gets old as they will be reckoned with and be needed someday. So the fact that you mastered a good strategy working perfectly with the older ones you're tactically skilled shouldn't make one forget it completely.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
mvdheuvel1983

Activity: 1022
Merit: 368

View Profile
March 28, 2023, 07:30:32 AM

Thinking about how trading strategies need to always be changed and how one strategy may not work for a long time, what do you do with the strategy that you are about to change. do you just forget about it completely once a new strategy starts working for you? or do you keep it in remembrance for the future. If you have experienced this before; has any old trading strategy that you decided to apply work for you? Is it possible that old strategies may work in the future again?
I think that there are three types of trading strategies categories.
- Classic: These are strategies that can never change. They are based on timeless, tested, tried and true trading principles that have been since the inception of trading. They can never change or be modified because once done right it brings it the desired reward.

-Old: These are just old trading strategies that used to work sometime in the past but do not work anymore. They were like the hot cake them and people easily followed them, but they were developed to for the different market to bring and so as the market changes, they become obsolete.

-New: These are strategies that comes up when old strategies are abandoned. They can also be used in addition to the classic strategies to make them work better. New strategies are like tips and tricks. They work at the moment and soon may stop working. They need to be modified frequently to help them stay relevant.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Report to moderator
Luzin

Activity: 1442
Merit: 779

View Profile
March 28, 2023, 11:16:41 AM

-New: These are strategies that comes up when old strategies are abandoned. They can also be used in addition to the classic strategies to make them work better. New strategies are like tips and tricks. They work at the moment and soon may stop working. They need to be modified frequently to help them stay relevant.

I think a new strategy is new thinking from the results of old strategic thinking that is raised to adjust to the new current situation. So there is a big relationship between the old strategy and the new strategy. We can't separate that relationship. Basically what I think the strategy is the same hasn't changed much from when I started trading in 2015. So I continued to use old techniques combined on new styles. Indeed, market conditions have changed, but the cycle of trust in coins and bitcoin is still the same.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Bushdark

Activity: 882
Merit: 262

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 28, 2023, 01:08:01 PM

Trading doesn't have old strategies and new strategies, the fact is that when you are trading frequently you understand the factors that hinders you during the process, so when you have understand the loopholes that leads you into failure in trading and try to avoiding them it looks like you have a acquire new style or strategies of escaping lost in trading, the major thing we don't understand is that practice make perfect,  and its very obvious in trading.
There are odl and new strategiee in trading because when the old one stops working we need to generate or work on a strategy that would give us what we want as a trader. I don't care of what people dontakk about trading but we need to understand that a strategy can not keep working for us forever. It will get to a time when the strategy will  fade off and it will not be giving us the kind of profits we want or continually giving us a bad outcome. When we noticed that we keep trading andbwe are not making profits from the market, we need to know that the strategy is no more working.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
March 28, 2023, 05:25:22 PM

I think a new strategy is new thinking from the results of old strategic thinking that is raised to adjust to the new current situation. So there is a big relationship between the old strategy and the new strategy. We can't separate that relationship. Basically what I think the strategy is the same hasn't changed much from when I started trading in 2015. So I continued to use old techniques combined on new styles. Indeed, market conditions have changed, but the cycle of trust in coins and bitcoin is still the same.
Besides many strategies are very similar at their core, while you may use a set of different indicators they are all calculated from the very same data, they are just trying to measure something different and as such the data receives different treatment to make that aspect of the market more obvious, this is why a talented trader can earn money in almost any market condition while using any indicator, as once they discover once how to do it they can create hundreds of different strategies to accomplish the same thing.
Junii

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2023, 08:11:28 PM

Most of the trading strategies can be effective for a certain period of time, but as market conditions and trends change, the same strategy may not be as successful. It is  important to continually adapt and evolve your strategies to stay ahead of the market and take advantage of new opportunities, it is always a good idea to keep a record of past trading strategies that have worked for you. You can review and analyze them to see if they can be adjusted and applied to current market conditions. Some times some strategies may work better in certain market conditions or with specific assets, so keeping a record of your successful past strategies can be helpful in identifying opportunities in the future.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
March 28, 2023, 08:17:23 PM

Besides many strategies are very similar at their core, while you may use a set of different indicators they are all calculated from the very same data, they are just trying to measure something different and as such the data receives different treatment to make that aspect of the market more obvious, this is why a talented trader can earn money in almost any market condition while using any indicator, as once they discover once how to do it they can create hundreds of different strategies to accomplish the same thing.
We know that indicators been used by most traders do really just the same, it would really just make out some differentiation when it comes to its value or numbers but in overall it is really just on the same approach.

This do really vary on how people do make out their own strategies which they do believe that it could possibly work with the current market dealing.We've seen lots and it cant be avoided that you would alter your own

strategy on the time that you do see that it is something that really looks good but in overall, there's no new or old when it comes to this because there's no exact thing that could really be able to
predict this random market which news and other fundamentals could easily affect its price movement.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
GeorgeJohn

Merit: 658

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
March 28, 2023, 08:32:48 PM

Trading doesn't have old strategies and new strategies, the fact is that when you are trading frequently you understand the factors that hinders you during the process, so when you have understand the loopholes that leads you into failure in trading and try to avoiding them it looks like you have a acquire new style or strategies of escaping lost in trading, the major thing we don't understand is that practice make perfect,  and its very obvious in trading.
There are odl and new strategiee in trading because when the old one stops working we need to generate or work on a strategy that would give us what we want as a trader. I don't care of what people dontakk about trading but we need to understand that a strategy can not keep working for us forever. It will get to a time when the strategy will  fade off and it will not be giving us the kind of profits we want or continually giving us a bad outcome. When we noticed that we keep trading andbwe are not making profits from the market, we need to know that the strategy is no more working.
As I said before that new methods of Trading is the solution you observe during your participation in trading, so therefore it's not been pronounced that this will be the methods of someone can use to manover some trade, if it happens to so, many people would have be using the new skills of Trading to make profit instead of the normal trading  method we all know its regulation. What I will agree with you guys, is that  the will be new experience and observation when you are a subsequent trader, so those newly observations can be seen or referred as new strategies of Trading.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
March 28, 2023, 08:40:03 PM

That is the point of trading, to find that one truth, and while you may want to use different ways to find it, the real truth is just a single one and nothing else would ever be the result. If you know what you are doing, no matter how much fundamental analysis you do, no matter how much technical analysis you do, no matter what indicators you use, it will always be one single result if you are right, all of them will show the same thing.

Because there is one truth, if it will go up, then it should show it will go up, obviously some shocking news could change that in a minute, but unless that happens it should be as obvious as it gets most of the time.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Luzin

Merit: 779

View Profile
March 29, 2023, 11:36:54 AM

Because there is one truth, if it will go up, then it should show it will go up, obviously some shocking news could change that in a minute, but unless that happens it should be as obvious as it gets most of the time.

It is technically good, but fundamentally negative then the technical will fail. I understand this since I started trading precisely in 2015. So basically at the moment there are only two strategies that apply in the trading market. That is technical and fundamental and still plus mental management. That combination is an old way that I still use today. Although it does need adjustment to current market conditions. But indeed everyone has their own way that is adapted to comfort and that is what differentiates.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1704

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2023, 04:46:10 PM

The question of if or if not an old trading strategy can work again depends on if the strategy is outdated or not, not whether it is old.

If the strategy is outdated due to a better, more accurate strategy existing or because the strategy does not work for modern times, then obviously it is better to avoid it and go with something better. But again, in order to find that out you have to understand the fundamental workings of said strategy. Some of them are completely timeless while others have gone completely extinct since the age of the internet.

But this topic has gotten me thinking...I would love to go through some ancient trading strategies, perhaps I can find resurrect a hidden gem?

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
DigitalDerivativesMarkets

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2023, 04:52:46 PM

To clarify, market conditions change. Take the 2008 crisis as an example. When central banks loosed their monetary polices, the market conditions changed. When central banks began tightening their monetary policies, conditions changed again.

The same applies to crypto. Market conditions change, certain strategies will only work under certain conditions. In theory, the same conditions that were present initially can repeat themselves. When? Nobody knows until it happens.

(experienced traders should understand the above).
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
March 29, 2023, 05:13:19 PM

It is technically good, but fundamentally negative then the technical will fail. I understand this since I started trading precisely in 2015. So basically at the moment there are only two strategies that apply in the trading market. That is technical and fundamental and still plus mental management. That combination is an old way that I still use today. Although it does need adjustment to current market conditions. But indeed everyone has their own way that is adapted to comfort and that is what differentiates.

Strategies won't last and will not exist until now if it isn't effective. It only depends on how we apply it and how we deal with the volatility of the market. Both technical and fundamental analyses are needed for us to make concrete decisions when trading. I think the best strategy or edge that we can have when trading is knowledge of what we are doing and managing the risks. Lack of knowledge especially about the basics will surely lead us to losses despite applying the most recent or latest strategies that we know.
Oilacris

Activity: 3024
Merit: 613

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile
March 30, 2023, 10:39:30 PM

Strategies won't last and will not exist until now if it isn't effective. It only depends on how we apply it and how we deal with the volatility of the market. Both technical and fundamental analyses are needed for us to make concrete decisions when trading. I think the best strategy or edge that we can have when trading is knowledge of what we are doing and managing the risks. Lack of knowledge especially about the basics will surely lead us to losses despite applying the most recent or latest strategies that we know.
There's no such thing about a fixed strategy that would work for long term or would really be working permanently.We would really be definitely be able to realize this on the time we had stepped our foot

into this market.You would be working and trying out to make different strategies as much as you could considering that market could change up from time to time on which it would really be just that

right that you would be making up other combinations and tools which it would really be able to read up a certain price condition or do make out patterns.We know that
TA's arent that precise to make use but it is better rather than having none at all.

Silberman
Legendary

Merit: 1334

View Profile
March 31, 2023, 05:46:14 PM

There's no such thing about a fixed strategy that would work for long term or would really be working permanently.We would really be definitely be able to realize this on the time we had stepped our foot

into this market.You would be working and trying out to make different strategies as much as you could considering that market could change up from time to time on which it would really be just that

right that you would be making up other combinations and tools which it would really be able to read up a certain price condition or do make out patterns.We know that
TA's arent that precise to make use but it is better rather than having none at all.
While no strategy wins all the time and you can still encounter some short term losses, make no mistake, the whole point of using a specific strategy is because you have through your research find out that your strategy works over the long term, and the only way to do this is to test it out against different market conditions and markets, a research which will show that your strategy does indeed work over long periods of time and it is worth using, and if you find the opposite then that is a strategy not worth implementing and you should keep looking for it.
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2002
Merit: 912

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2023, 03:32:06 AM

The old strategy is work but not always in fact there is no strategy or indicator that always work Is impossible to predict the market.

and other fact usually pine script programming or mt4 programmer is code by combining multiple trade indicator to made a new one.

So yeah we need to be people who know the future to made strategy accurately 100% works

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
lixer

Merit: 586

View Profile
April 01, 2023, 05:41:59 AM

Well, there are even cases that old strategies are even highly effective than the new ones. So it does not matter actually if you use the old or the new one, as long as it fits the current market condition, trading will be successful. However, most of the strategies don’t last forever. That’s why we have to check often the effectivity of such strategy and just discard those that are no longer working and take advantage with those that are still highly effective.
A strategy basically depends on how the market behaves at a certain time, so if the market isn't behaving differently even today after a month or a quarter then the old strategy would probably still work, but if markets start to behave differently over the course, there will surely be a need of making some changes in the strategy or sometimes it may even change entirely.

Old strategies can still be useful even if there are new strategies being used as they will probably have some basic stuff that is still the same and if you have learned them, they can help you with the new strategy that you are going to adapt.

martyns

Activity: 840
Merit: 137

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2023, 05:56:20 AM

The question of if or if not an old trading strategy can work again depends on if the strategy is outdated or not, not whether it is old.

If the strategy is outdated due to a better, more accurate strategy existing or because the strategy does not work for modern times, then obviously it is better to avoid it and go with something better. But again, in order to find that out you have to understand the fundamental workings of said strategy. Some of them are completely timeless while others have gone completely extinct since the age of the internet.

But this topic has gotten me thinking...I would love to go through some ancient trading strategies, perhaps I can find resurrect a hidden gem?
Old fashioned strategies still work,but it all depends on how it is been used.If the need for an old strategy is required in order for a successful trading,then one needs to use it to get what is wanted.There are different strategies or approaches that are used while trading,some persons stig to their old stategy which still works for them nomatter the time that has passed,while some persons switch from their former strategy to a more working strategy,all are used in order to get a positive result.
I still use the strategy I have been using for a long period of time because it is still working for me,and I'm not ready to change it,because when last I changed strategy,it didn't give me a positive result as I wanted.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 03, 2023, 07:00:51 AM

this is just my opinion, I think this strategy will probably be useful in the future because the market is like a recurring obstacle course, so if you have a different path you can try another strategy, then when you return to the old path then the strategy will work again .
if it is exactly the same as what you tell,market conditions will continue to repeatedly rise and fall, but will continue to rise in the long term.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM