Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:45:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Eudaemon: A peer-to-peer electronic identity system  (Read 798 times)
FreeWorldUsers

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 08:45:46 AM

Hey Y'all,

This looks very promising!!

One thing only irks me up quite a lot: The tones the daemon produces from time to time.

So, I have to ask: WHY? Cuz it's pretty annoying when you're in the middle of a video you're watching, and the tones pop up to ruin your enjoyment of said video?

So, fine peeps from EU, what gives?! Smiley

Cheers,
Gus

Drop Your ID and I will send my own too so we can be a friends
eudaemonia (OP)

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 01:23:01 PM

reserved
How do I add my server as an Device as I cant open syncthing as it need to use 127.0.0.1 address instead of my machine IP ?
On my main local node added ID of my second Device but can add it on my hosted remote one, any advice ?
Also does My hosted works like backup will keep my node working all time even if my local is off ?

and can you get my ID from https://transfer.sh/GRfOqv/JustMineItIDNO.bloq

and upload yours so I can be with contact with you on the EUD ?

Firstly never mess with the settings in syncthing gui - it is there purely for debug viewing. If you changed any settings there you should:
n) Refresh network
and
i) Reinitialise network
from the main menu. Syncthing is fully managed by the eudaemon.

Multi device does work but it does not yet conform exactly to the protocol specification. New devices should create a discrete device key. Currently any additional devices added will use the same device key. They already properly create independent fresh syncthing transport keys at least..

Your first device will be your master device. Any additional devices added will be set to "slave / follow" mode where they cannot form bloqs, however they will propagate your new bloqs created by your master device and collect messages from your peers - AND propagate their bloqs as well. So you will be helping all your friends when you make your second device an always on server.

If you re-enable lines 207 and 529 in eud-tui.bash then you will have the options to add multiple devices.
      #echo "a) Add this device to an existing identity" #TODO re-enable in version 2 - currently too unstable
      #echo "a) Add device - add additional devices that you control." #TODO re-enable in version 2 - currently too unstable

I did re-stabilise the code before launch - it is working fine. I left in disabled because it does not perfectly reflect the protocol specification.

Does daemin need any specified ports to be open for nice communication between nodes ?

This is purely related to syncthing which is the transport layer that Eudaemon currently uses. It generally works well out of the box with no configuration. It will use syncthing's public relays and discovery system.
Syncthing port information:
https://docs.syncthing.net/users/firewall.html
Discussion on syncthing NAT hole punching turn and stun:
https://forum.syncthing.net/t/a-few-questions-about-quic-hole-punching-and-stun/16490

Ok so as you said Syncthing is just for debug and better to not do anything there what if I get a loot of messegaes that others want to share some folders :

motions wants to share folder "JustMineIt mempool" (6524844D6D045FDB5AF52713B5AF9B3225078F93mempool). Share this folder?

RichManUbuntu wants to share folder "motions mempool" (FCD2DBD62FC64E8C4C7AD2833E5E5A787A726327mempool). Add new folder?

plateau wants to share folder "motions mempool" (FCD2DBD62FC64E8C4C7AD2833E5E5A787A726327mempool). Add new folder?

motions wants to share folder "motions mempool" (FCD2DBD62FC64E8C4C7AD2833E5E5A787A726327mempool). Add new folder?

con1 wants to share folder "motions mempool" (FCD2DBD62FC64E8C4C7AD2833E5E5A787A726327mempool). Add new folder?

There is option to add but the folder field is empty should I just ignore that messages or add those folders ? and leave Syncthing  without a touch

Ha cool! These are all people wanting to be your friend. They have imported and verified your identity bloq.

In order to complete the pairing you need to also add them as a friend in the eud menu which will lead you to import their identity bloqs.

This is because the idenity bloq contains the friend's public key. You need that to do a complete connection on the protocol. If you just accept their syncthing connection via the syncthing gui nothing will work - you may even break your node...

I will post my identity bloq in the near future and join in the fun....
eudaemonia (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 01:31:43 PM

reserved

Can you make an discord channel for quicker communication ?
I think is nessesary to get more contributors and donors to rewrite project in rust or go lang and then maybe we should focus on GUI wallet for windows as idea is really great but we need to allow simple users to join it and use and not all have some primary skills to run it on ubuntu or other linux system.

I appreciate your intention to support, thank you!

My concerns with moving comms over to discord is:
1) I would rather use something aligned with the priciples of free software
2) I would prefer protocol explanations and discussion to be somewhere publicly discoverable so new people can follow the conversation

I'm considering forming a mailing group and also possibly writing a nostr plugin for eud so that we can move discussions to naitive Eudaemon and still expose the conversation for public reading.
eudaemonia (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 01:42:10 PM

Hey Y'all,

This looks very promising!!

One thing only irks me up quite a lot: The tones the daemon produces from time to time.

So, I have to ask: WHY? Cuz it's pretty annoying when you're in the middle of a video you're watching, and the tones pop up to ruin your enjoyment of said video?

So, fine peeps from EU, what gives?! Smiley

Cheers,
Gus

These are sound notifications of newly arriving bloqs being processed. I intend to expose a cli call in the next release to turn sound on or off. I also would like to make a nicer set of tones that correspond to differnt bloq_type - they are not so musical at the moment...

Maybe someone wants to help write that and submit a pull request at https://codeberg.org/agathos/Eudaemon/
FreeWorldUsers

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 02:10:53 PM

reserved
How do I add my server as an Device as I cant open syncthing as it need to use 127.0.0.1 address instead of my machine IP ?
On my main local node added ID of my second Device but can add it on my hosted remote one, any advice ?
Also does My hosted works like backup will keep my node working all time even if my local is off ?

and can you get my ID from https://transfer.sh/GRfOqv/JustMineItIDNO.bloq

and upload yours so I can be with contact with you on the EUD ?

Firstly never mess with the settings in syncthing gui - it is there purely for debug viewing. If you changed any settings there you should:
n) Refresh network
and
i) Reinitialise network
from the main menu. Syncthing is fully managed by the eudaemon.

Multi device does work but it does not yet conform exactly to the protocol specification. New devices should create a discrete device key. Currently any additional devices added will use the same device key. They already properly create independent fresh syncthing transport keys at least..

Your first device will be your master device. Any additional devices added will be set to "slave / follow" mode where they cannot form bloqs, however they will propagate your new bloqs created by your master device and collect messages from your peers - AND propagate their bloqs as well. So you will be helping all your friends when you make your second device an always on server.

If you re-enable lines 207 and 529 in eud-tui.bash then you will have the options to add multiple devices.
      #echo "a) Add this device to an existing identity" #TODO re-enable in version 2 - currently too unstable
      #echo "a) Add device - add additional devices that you control." #TODO re-enable in version 2 - currently too unstable

I did re-stabilise the code before launch - it is working fine. I left in disabled because it does not perfectly reflect the protocol specification.

Does daemin need any specified ports to be open for nice communication between nodes ?

This is purely related to syncthing which is the transport layer that Eudaemon currently uses. It generally works well out of the box with no configuration. It will use syncthing's public relays and discovery system.
Syncthing port information:
https://docs.syncthing.net/users/firewall.html
Discussion on syncthing NAT hole punching turn and stun:
https://forum.syncthing.net/t/a-few-questions-about-quic-hole-punching-and-stun/16490

Ok so as you said Syncthing is just for debug and better to not do anything there what if I get a loot of messegaes that others want to share some folders :

motions wants to share folder "JustMineIt mempool" (6524844D6D045FDB5AF52713B5AF9B3225078F93mempool). Share this folder?

RichManUbuntu wants to share folder "motions mempool" (FCD2DBD62FC64E8C4C7AD2833E5E5A787A726327mempool). Add new folder?

plateau wants to share folder "motions mempool" (FCD2DBD62FC64E8C4C7AD2833E5E5A787A726327mempool). Add new folder?

motions wants to share folder "motions mempool" (FCD2DBD62FC64E8C4C7AD2833E5E5A787A726327mempool). Add new folder?

con1 wants to share folder "motions mempool" (FCD2DBD62FC64E8C4C7AD2833E5E5A787A726327mempool). Add new folder?

There is option to add but the folder field is empty should I just ignore that messages or add those folders ? and leave Syncthing  without a touch

Ha cool! These are all people wanting to be your friend. They have imported and verified your identity bloq.

In order to complete the pairing you need to also add them as a friend in the eud menu which will lead you to import their identity bloqs.

This is because the idenity bloq contains the friend's public key. You need that to do a complete connection on the protocol. If you just accept their syncthing connection via the syncthing gui nothing will work - you may even break your node...

I will post my identity bloq in the near future and join in the fun....

The thing is they are already my friends mean most of them but syncthing shows that asks
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 30, 2023, 10:05:54 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2023, 01:54:58 AM by reb0rn21

no go for me to generate identity my log:
Failure exit code: 1 at line 638: play -n -c1 synth sin %-12 sin %-$sound sin %-$sound sin %-$sound fade h 0.1 1 0.1 2> /dev/null: /root/reb0rn/.eud/bin/eud_lib.bash

screen where is node running:
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 55796: Connection refused
++ printf '\''%s\n'\'' fail
fail'
+ [[ ++ printf '%s\n' 'pinging transport layer'
+++ printf '%s\n' 'header = "X-API-Key: cPRUrjkV92ibfWa9SUxVpy6F3TugWny7"'
+++ get_device_api_address
+++ sqlite3 /root/reb0rn/.eud/db/eud.sqlite 'SELECT api_address FROM device where isme=1;'
++ curl -f -X GET -K /dev/fd/63 127.0.0.1:55796/rest/system/ping
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
curl: (7) Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 55796: Connection refused
++ printf '%s\n' fail
fail == *\p\o\n\g* ]]
+ false
+ sleep 1

UPDATE
On different VPS it worked fine

VPS1 which did not work is 20.04
VPS2 is 22.04 which work

This is my bloq:
https://transfer.sh/utefe2/reb0rnIDNO.bloq

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
gcarreno

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 01, 2023, 02:10:17 AM

Hey eudaemonia,

These are sound notifications of newly arriving bloqs being processed. I intend to expose a cli call in the next release to turn sound on or off. I also would like to make a nicer set of tones that correspond to differnt bloq_type - they are not so musical at the moment...

AH-HA, this explains a lot and thank you for considering the on/off button on them Smiley

Thanks for your efforts. This is looking promising and should replace Keybase in no time if adoption continues to grow, right?

Cheers,
Gus
gameparadise007

Activity: 442
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2023, 04:10:12 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2023, 07:27:19 AM by gameparadise007

Hello,

How to stop the eud services properly as there are lots of background services running.
Just want to test how to stop and start manually without any issues.

FreeWorldUsers

View Profile
May 01, 2023, 08:42:04 AM

can anyone make an discord unofficial one for better communication ?
FreeWorldUsers

View Profile
May 01, 2023, 08:42:34 AM

Hello,

How to stop the eud services properly as there are lots of background services running.

I stop it with q (quit)
and close my pc no problems till now
eudaemonia (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2023, 01:51:39 PM

Hello,

eud-cli stop

you can also eud-cli enable and eud-cli disable to enable/disable it as an actual deamon / system service if you are using a system with systemd. This is so it will start automatically on boot. See code below extracted from eud-cli.bash:

status)
                                systemctl --user status "$eudaemon_name"".service"
                                ;;
                        start)
                                systemctl --user start "$eudaemon_name"".service"
                                ;;
                        stop)
                                systemctl --user stop "$eudaemon_name"".service"
                                ;;
                        enable)
                                systemctl --user enable "$eudaemon_name"".service"
                                ;;
                        disable)
                                systemctl --user disable "$eudaemon_name"".service"
                                ;;
                        daemonise)
                                mkdir -p ~/.config/systemd/user/
cat <<EOF > ~/.config/systemd/user/"$eudaemon_name"".service"
[Unit]
Description=$eudaemon_name the eudaemon
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=%h/$eudaemon_name/.eud/bin/eud-cli.bash start
ExecStop=%h/$eudaemon_name/.eud/bin/eud-cli.bash stop
RemainAfterExit=true

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

EOF
gameparadise007

Activity: 442
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2023, 03:33:39 PM

Hello,

eud-cli stop

you can also eud-cli enable and eud-cli disable to enable/disable it as an actual deamon / system service if you are using a system with systemd. This is so it will start automatically on boot. See code below extracted from eud-cli.bash:

status)
                                systemctl --user status "$eudaemon_name"".service"
                                ;;
                        start)
                                systemctl --user start "$eudaemon_name"".service"
                                ;;
                        stop)
                                systemctl --user stop "$eudaemon_name"".service"
                                ;;
                        enable)
                                systemctl --user enable "$eudaemon_name"".service"
                                ;;
                        disable)
                                systemctl --user disable "$eudaemon_name"".service"
                                ;;
                        daemonise)
                                mkdir -p ~/.config/systemd/user/
cat <<EOF > ~/.config/systemd/user/"$eudaemon_name"".service"
[Unit]
Description=$eudaemon_name the eudaemon
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=%h/$eudaemon_name/.eud/bin/eud-cli.bash start
ExecStop=%h/$eudaemon_name/.eud/bin/eud-cli.bash stop
RemainAfterExit=true

[Install]
WantedBy=default.target

EOF

Thanks. These commands works perfectly.
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 01, 2023, 05:01:00 PM

I made a community discord let see how it goes

https://discord.gg/2YFmrBRkuq

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
cryptobtcnut

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 02, 2023, 09:45:06 AM

How to create a proper backup of Kudos wallet?
malka4u

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 05, 2023, 07:30:58 AM

https://transfer.sh/1CIxYe/rajkamalIDNO.bloq  add me
eudaemonia (OP)

View Profile
May 08, 2023, 03:30:06 PM

The best way to backup your identity is by selecting guardians under the backup identity option under your profile menu. This uses threshold cryptography implemented in Sharmir's Secret Sharing System. It requires that you have at least two trusted peers that know you personally and can verify you in the event of your identity loss and recovery process.

Kudos is derived from your identity - there is no separate key to be backed up. As long as your identity is backup up your kudos is also then backed up.
cryptobtcnut

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 09, 2023, 07:34:00 AM

The best way to backup your identity is by selecting guardians under the backup identity option under your profile menu. This uses threshold cryptography implemented in Sharmir's Secret Sharing System. It requires that you have at least two trusted peers that know you personally and can verify you in the event of your identity loss and recovery process.

Kudos is derived from your identity - there is no separate key to be backed up. As long as your identity is backup up your kudos is also then backed up.

Finding reliable identities at this stage can be difficult, what is the proper way to do a self backup and save my identity?
eudaemonia (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2023, 01:17:05 PM

Finding reliable identities at this stage can be difficult, what is the proper way to do a self backup and save my identity?

The purpose of the proof of concept is to demonstrate how to have a scalable identity system and social network that has no central authority and also does not need manual backups of keys / seed phrases. The audience here probably has no problem backing up keys - however for an architecture to succeed at scale it must have socially intuitive recovery methodologies. Those models are the hard ones to build - this is the novel innovation.

I have not built an interface for manual backup, though I do intend to add this, it is fairly simple and there are a few possible ways to implement it. You basically need to backup your identity private key which unlocks your bloq 0, which is your genesis bloq. Then you get a copy of your chain from one of your peers and use your ID private key to open your chain and replay your chain to deterministically rebuild your state. You could also just make occasional backups of your .eud/ folder - this is a sufficient backup, however if you restored from an old .eud/ backup you would have to manually set your eudaemon to not form any bloqs until it has fully caught up with bloqs that were formed since the backup was saved. This is easy to automate, but has not yet been implemented.

If you do not have two real trusted peers then the next most "proper" way currently would be to just create another eudaemon and pair it to your identity. If you loose your primary eudaemon then your secondary eudaemon can be set to primary and then can start forming bloqs and continue your chain.

I hope this is helpful?
sammyisking123

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 09, 2023, 01:25:34 PM

When I install on Ubuntu 20, it gives me error cannot connect after installing and following all steps.
Any fix for this?
eudaemonia (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2023, 03:15:03 PM

When I install on Ubuntu 20, it gives me error cannot connect after installing and following all steps.
Any fix for this?

I have heard that Ubuntu 20 does not work, I will try to ascertain the source of the problem in the coming weeks.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: