Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:27:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Am confused !!!!  (Read 894 times)
Issa56

Activity: 1358
Merit: 907

View Profile
August 23, 2023, 02:21:43 PM

Yes, there are a lot of altcoins that give people huge profits. What you need is just information to buy those altcoins at a low price.  For instance, people who invested in "Pepe" when the price was low made a great profit. Someone shared his wallet on X where Pepe turned his $200 into 1 million dollars
What are the details you need to buy the altcoins at a low price? Some new altcoins are scams, and they will make everything so real that you will never believe they are in the market just to scam. You sighted Pepe coin as an example, but we are having multiple altcoins entering the market, and they are not doing what Pepe coin did. Lots of altcoins with low prices don’t even survive the market because they are of no use. Are you going to keep on wasting money on different altcoins until you finally hit a coin that’s going to perform like Pepe coin? which you might not even be able to get. Everyone is looking for a coin that can perform like that, but they are not getting it.

2. Newer altcoins with good fundamentals and utility will bring more x ROI than old altcoins.
The crypto market is being flooded by new altcoins, which is making it more difficult to even know the good ones. Just as I said before, some altcoins are so real that you will find it difficult to figure out any fault in them, but at the end they're going to be scam coins. I know new altcoins will bring a higher ROI than the old ones, but how sure are you that the new altcoin you are investing in won’t end up as a scam coin? Generally, I discourage altcoins, both new and old once, but it’s better to go for a coin that has been in the crypto space for a long time than a new coin.

3. Bitcoin is more reliable than the entire lists of altcoins.
If you want to make an investment in the crypto space and you need peace of mind, then it’s better to go for bitcoin. If you invest in bitcoin, you are going to get the same high return that you are looking for in altcoins, but you will just have to be patient. Bitcoin investment is less risky compared to altcoin investments.

It isn't easy investing in altcoin. It involves you to do alot of research to make it with altcoin. Bitcoin is the surest for a beginner like you. After much knowledge about crypto, you can now add altcoin in little percentage.
Don’t be surprised that after doing lots of research you will still end up investing in the wrong coin. Bitcoin is the best investment for both beginners and professionals. Being a professional does not mean you won’t end up investing in the wrong coin, professionals also make wrong investments. That’s why altcoin is just too risky to invest in.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adultcrypto

Activity: 308
Merit: 241

View Profile
August 23, 2023, 05:53:04 PM

Besides Bitcoin, there are hundreds of token/coin you can make profit from.
The fastest way to go broke is to take this your statement seriously. If you know how those shitcoins have messed people up, you will never advise anyone to invest his hard earned money into any shitcoin with the hope of making profit. If you don't know, many people that launch those coins are doing so just to make money not that they are creating any utility... that is why they spent good amount of money on marketing... to hype the coin just to attract investors. If you want to advice anyone, tell them to buy bitcoin that have been around for long and is not going away forever.

Pump and dump coins you mean, or coins/tokens that have no actual utility but survive on just hype, i'm pretty sure you yourself don't believe in what you just said. Making ROI through crypto isn't as straightforward as that, even with a coin like Bitcoin that has an actual utility, now if it is with Altcoins, it becomes a whole lot more difficult and somewhat like Gambling or looking for a needle in a haystack, because out of even a hundred of them, you might struggle to find one good coin/token.
The funny thing is that promoters of these shits are so noisy on social media, promising X10 and X100 just to lure people into their net. I wonder how anyone in this forum will still give a thought to that given the level of exposure that have been made here. The chances of these shitcoins failing is over 99%. Why should one gamble with his money when Bitcoin presents a wonderful alternative?

Majority of people who fall for the scams that is prevalent in these shitcoins are propelled by greed. They want to become ricj overnight and that is how they get roasted.

Victorik

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
August 23, 2023, 07:48:50 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2023, 09:22:53 PM by Mr. Big

Good day to you all, I am new here and I will like to get your advice,apart from bitcoin,do you think that there is a high possibilities of making profit from other altcoins. Also which wallet do you advise a newbie like me to use to store my coins. Are exchanges wallet an open source wallet. How can I differentiate an open source wallet from a close source wallet.
There's no need to be confused. Maybe If you take time to acquire some knowledge about how the market works it will help you make inform decisions.

Pretty dumb, lame and lacking in focus advice Victorik.

Agreed! Can you pls come up with a more potent, and focus bearing advice. I do not claim to know it all. I only have a candid advice. Maybe you could help here, I will be willing to learn from you.

Pump and dump coins you mean, or coins/tokens that have no actual utility but survive on just hype, i'm pretty sure you yourself don't believe in what you just said. Making ROI through crypto isn't as straightforward as that, even with a coin like Bitcoin that has an actual utility, now if it is with Altcoins, it becomes a whole lot more difficult and somewhat like Gambling or looking for a needle in a haystack, because out of even a hundred of them, you might struggle to find one good coin/token.

Week honestly, I personally do not even have faith in altcoins except for eth, BNB. Besides BTC, I often do not recommend altcoins for obvious reasons like you said, pump and dumps.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10179

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 23, 2023, 09:59:14 PM

Personally, I find your statement to be in tension because you first tout bitcoin as the best investment and the thing that you should be investing in within the cryptocurrency segment, and then you talk about having some hedges by having and/or building a crypto portfolio.. which seems really dumb, and sure there might be low income people who are investing into bitcoin who feel that they are not able to diversify in traditional ways, such as with property, equities (stocks), commodities, and bonds.. of course there is also cash and cash equivalents, but most people are able to at least hold their own local cash and maybe even some foreign currencies such as the dollar.
Previously, thank you for providing a very good response and explanation. Yes. In many areas, traditional investment channels such as property, equities and bonds may be difficult to access due to various socioeconomic factors. Well, In that case, it's my view in general that Cryptocurrencies can provide a more accessible entry point for more individuals.

That's pretty dangerous to be framing the matter that way... it lacks focus, and it seems dangerous.. because there are so many ways that normies (or even poor people) might end up overallocating to shitcoins and not really understanding bitcoin.

I frequently tell newbies that I ONLY recommend bitcoin, and I do not recommend shitcoins at all, but if they feel that they want to fuck around with shitcoins to allocate no more than 10% the amount of their bitcoin holdings into shitcoins, and sure I understand that people can do whatever they want and frequently they are likely to allocate into shitcoins way more than what I had suggested to be the max, and they have the right to do whatever they like, but I feel that I at least gave my suggestion to them, and surely I don't even claim to be any kind of an advisor even though that's how I tend to frame the matter.

Another way of thinking about the matter is for any newbie to work towards figuring out bitcoin first, and then once they may get some grasp upon bitcoin, then they would be in a better position to decide for themselves the extent to which (if at all) they would delve into various shitcoins...

So, even referring to the space as "crypto" is misleading because it unduly puts too much weight in terms of attempting to count bitcoin as if it were just one of many other cryptos and that is far from even being close to true, and if you are using the term crypto and including bitcoin as part of that, then you likely do not even understand bitcoin enough and you are speaking sloppily by using such a term.. without specifying what you mean exactly.

By the way, I am not opposed to the use of the term crypto if it might come to explaining some kind of a dynamic regarding something that all cryptos might have in common, such as they are all digital representations that may or may not attempt to peg to physical items/assets.. but if it comes to describing investment strategies or even how to think about bitcoin. .there is almost no good use of terms like crypto or crypto currencies unless you specifically say what you are talking about and if you are talking about bitcoin, then why not just use the word "bitcoin?"  if you are referring to other crypto besides bitcoin, then either specify what you are talking about or make it clear that you are not talking about bitcoin... and if you make that clear most of the time, then you will be better able to get away with using the term crypto from time to time without specifying what you mean, but people already know what you mean because you said what you mean at an earlier point in time or frequently enough that they know what you are wanting to say.

So then the question still becomes how important might it be for those people who might feel that they are not able to diversify into other traditional investments regarding how much they might consider that it helps them to put any value into building a crypto portfolio... besides bitcoin and cash.  Careful with suggesting too much, such as beyond 10%. why even fuck around with those non-bitcoin shits that may well end up rug pulling you at any particular time, and sure maybe anyone gets up to an amount of bitcoin that they are actually wealthy enough to start to be able to diversify into traditional asset classes, then maybe they might not even need to diversify very much until they get to such a point.. and that might be having more than $10k to $20k in their investment portfolio.. which might start out with just bitcoin and cash (and maybe no more than 10% in various shitcoins.. which you refer to as crypto).. It surely is difficult to figure out the number in which diversification beyond bitcoin and cash would be justified based on quite a bit of variance in what investments might be available to people once they get up to a certain amount of value..
So, the question of how much diversification is right is still fluid and depends on individual circumstances. Yes, there is no one-size-fits-all recommendation as factors such as risk appetite, investment objectives and available capital differ from person to person but , what is of common concern is that caution should be exercised in adopting percentage thresholds.

Sure that is all true, but wouldn't you consider that you may well need a bit more specifics than what you are saying that "everyone has to decide for himself/herself.. blah blah blah..? That seems pretty vague to me.

Investing in the world money market, especially outside of Bitcoin, does carry additional risks due to the proliferation of less established projects and scams and conservative guidelines such as not exceeding 10% are reasonable, given the speculative nature of many cryptocurrencies.

You seem to be mixing things up.  There may well not be any need to diversify at all if someone is new to investing, but if they already have some investments the category is not necessarily talking about money markets because even that concept is vague.  When I think of money market, then I think about a kind of cash equivalent that has the mere purpose of attempting to maintain or increase its value through a kind of yield that the money market fund might have.

If you are suggesting that many of the non-bitcoin crypto currencies are another kind of money market that is done through another kind of vehicle so it serving a very similar purpose as a traditional money market, but instead normies are able to get in and out of the "crypto" version of the money market because it is more accessible to them than a traditional money market. and surely we are getting into baloney shitcoin talk when going down this avenue, evnen thogh this thread is specifically asking for comparisons to bitcoin and shitcoins and asking about what kinds of exchanges to use and/or ways to hold coins.

individuals with limited income, the priority should be to maintain their capital but at this point.

Sure, it seems that we are agreeing on this point, yet we know that some people, even with limited income, are in a position to be more risky with whatever capital that they do have as compared with some other people, and sometimes there is an age factor that deals with future potential earning capacity.. so we likely would even agree that the balance of something like capital preservation and capital growth is not going to be struck in the same kinds of ways for all people, even if we might categorize them as "limited income."

And if I might be talking to two different limited income persons and one of them happens to be young and has a lot of skills and income potential and the other has more of a set job or maybe even late in his/her career so there are thoughts that income is not likely to increase, then surely I might still give similar suggestion about mostly sticking with bitcoin, but I might understand that the younger person might be more willing to take chances and to rely on his/her future earning potential as a kind of insurance in case s/he fucks up whatever risk taking that s/he is contemplating.

maybe we might consider folks who are in places in which annual incomes are lower than $10k to likely not have much of any investment options besides bitcoin, until they get up to a certain size, but that still should not justify getting into shitcoins, and there do seem to be several ways in which some kinds of equities exposure is coming more available to more and more people, but sure maybe if you live in some of the places that have a lot of unbanked people, then there are a lot fewer options regarding how to diversify outside of bitcoin and cash.
Another point of view is that as cryptocurrency adoption continues to grow and develop as it is today, investment opportunities may arise thereby indirectly providing another exposure in the money market but not necessarily the investment direction to shitcoins, because that is so bad.

Even though I might not be disagreeing generally what you seem to be saying, I still have some troubles in regards to what it is that you are even talking about because who gives any shits about the growth of cyptocurrencies, unless you are talking about bitcoin, and if you are talking about bitcoin, then sure, let's talk about the various potentials for its future growth - why is it necessary to consider the extent to which various other shitcoins may or may not grow along with bitcoin.  I assume that shitcoins are going to grow, yet I also believe that it is a general waste of time to spend mental energy in thinking about them, or to study into them or to put value into them, absent some kind of a minor allocation.. that would not exceed 10% in terms talking about them, thinking about them and/or finances.

so o.k. if we agree that there are going to continue be shitcoins.. then let's get back to how bitcoin fits into this and focus or discussions on bitcoin rather than getting distracted or being vague in terms of what we mean or what we are talking about.

Good day to you all, I am new here and I will like to get your advice,apart from bitcoin,do you think that there is a high possibilities of making profit from other altcoins. Also which wallet do you advise a newbie like me to use to store my coins. Are exchanges wallet an open source wallet. How can I differentiate an open source wallet from a close source wallet.
There's no need to be confused. Maybe If you take time to acquire some knowledge about how the market works it will help you make inform decisions.
Pretty dumb, lame and lacking in focus advice Victorik.
Agreed! Can you pls come up with a more potent, and focus bearing advice. I do not claim to know it all. I only have a candid advice. Maybe you could help here, I will be willing to learn from you.

Great.  Agreeing seems to be a step in the right direction to potentially show that there might be some hope with you.

I have no obligation to back up my statement that criticizes your statement for being vague and not backing itself up.  You are the one who has the burden to back up what you are saying with facts and/or logic, and instead you just presented a lame, and perhaps disingenuous, conclusory statement.

Your suggestion that I back up my statement further demonstrates your likely lack of genuineness.

Week honestly, I personally do not even have faith in altcoins except for eth, BNB. Besides BTC, I often do not recommend altcoins for obvious reasons like you said, pump and dumps.

Hm?  At least you are attempting to be a bit more specific.  That helps a little.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
YUriy1991

Activity: 896
Merit: 217

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 24, 2023, 05:26:55 AM

.. then let's get back to how bitcoin fits into this and focus or discussions on bitcoin rather than getting distracted or being vague in terms of what we mean or what we are talking about.

Very wise. Of course, I agree. By focusing attention on the potential and advantages of Bitcoin, we can build a deeper understanding without being sidetracked by the confusion around other assets like you convey and to be honest I believe a healthy and in-depth discussion about Bitcoin will bring greater benefits where the current development of digital finance it continues to grow and develop.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
adultcrypto

Merit: 241

View Profile
August 25, 2023, 04:13:16 PM

By the way, I am not opposed to the use of the term crypto if it might come to explaining some kind of a dynamic regarding something that all cryptos might have in common, such as they are all digital representations that may or may not attempt to peg to physical items/assets.. but if it comes to describing investment strategies or even how to think about bitcoin. .there is almost no good use of terms like crypto or crypto currencies unless you specifically say what you are talking about and if you are talking about bitcoin, then why not just use the word "bitcoin?"  if you are referring to other crypto besides bitcoin, then either specify what you are talking about or make it clear that you are not talking about bitcoin... and if you make that clear most of the time, then you will be better able to get away with using the term crypto from time to time without specifying what you mean, but people already know what you mean because you said what you mean at an earlier point in time or frequently enough that they know what you are wanting to say.

It took me coming to this forum to understand the need for that distinction and how to correctly use the term "cryptocurrency". In the world out there many people were swayed into buying shitcoins under the guise of cryptocurrency. This time around I prefer simply calling anything I'm referring to by the name rather than struggle to be specific. As it happens that I have keen interest in bitcoin that is the pioneer and have greater acceptability than the numerous shitcoins around, I feel more comfortable discussing to avoid distractions.

Considering that here is a Beginner's board, I would even prefer we focus more on bitcoin because by the time we spend time and energy dwelling on discussion of the numerous coins that is being created daily, there is a high tendency that the temptation may be there to venture into them. Peradventure, one attempt by the new people to make quick gains, as always promised by the team of these shitcoins,  and it goes south many might be discouraging and devastating and they some might even give up siting that they were scammed through the vague word "cryptocurrency'.

Like you said, those who are new to all these should focus on bitcoin for the sake of their money and peace of mind.

Agbamoni

Merit: 277

View Profile
August 26, 2023, 01:16:10 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2023, 12:56:19 PM by Agbamoni
Merited by EFS (4), Halab (2), JayJuanGee (1)

TBH ill suggest you make yourself acquainted with bitcoin. Let me point you to a direction and recommend some Bitcoin Recommended Reading/Viewing

Historical Bitcoin Price Chart Video (current through 12-16-20).

Today's Bitcoin price with 10yr chart - Always zoom out.

Bitcoin is the exit strategy

How Bitcoin Works - intro

To understand how Bitcoin solves all of the problems with money, read Inventing Bitcoin

How Bitcoin Works - in depth

Bitcoin is secured by the laws of physics

Stock to Flow Theory

You Don't Need to Buy a Whole Bitcoin

DCA Investment calculator - Figure out how much you have over time by buying X Bitcoin per month

Infrastructure Inversion

Michael Saylor buys $2.5 billion in BTC

The Bitcoin Standard - Best Quotes

IThe Bitcoin Standard - Video Summary

Bitcoin is the Internet of Money

The Trust Machine

In Depth Bitcoin intro

Misconceptions About Bitcoin

Why Bitcoin and no others

Bitcoin is the Next Bitcoin

Debunking "Blockchain not Bitcoin"

The Great Plague of Shitcoinery

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Publictalk792

Activity: 280
Merit: 272

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2023, 08:26:10 AM

Your first question is about altcoin or Bitcoin. So I will always suggest you the Bitcoin, that is the good option. And you are talking about profit so if your hold Bitcoins are in profit so rest of all coins will be in profit. Because Bitcoin has an excellent dominance on the whole market.

And the second question is about wallet so I will suggest to use a cold wallet if you are a holder and you want to hold the coins for a long time so the Cold wallet is the best option.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2338
Merit: 339

View Profile
August 26, 2023, 10:30:58 AM

Your first question is about altcoin or Bitcoin. So I will always suggest you the Bitcoin, that is the good option. And you are talking about profit so if your hold Bitcoins are in profit so rest of all coins will be in profit. Because Bitcoin has an excellent dominance on the whole market.

You read it wrong mate as OP had already invested in Bitcoin but he was asking if he could make a good profit from altcoins. He is now on the search for profitable altcoins, of course, there are a lot of them. We can still make a fortune in investing altcoins but must be sure that we choose the right coins, and investing in ETH and BNB is quite a good choice.

Well, we can say that focusing on Bitcoin is safe but altcoins can give us another chance to earn. Putting some amount in them is not a bad decision either.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████