Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:45:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is "dying".  (Read 848 times)
BenCodie
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

6.25 ---> 3.125

View Profile
May 29, 2023, 11:05:21 AM

I think you have got to be one of the most inaccurate posters on the forum. Every post that you make never fails to make me shake my head and disappoint me.

I created a thread asking people what they think bitcoin will stabilize enough to become a currency for people to use and literally everyone said to me that it's an asset and it will never stabilize. And, don't get me wrong, sounds logical and I agree with that.

I know what thread you are talking about and I personally did not say that. I said 1 BTC = 1 BTC. It is already stable. That is the answer! All of the other inferior currencies are the ones that are unstable against Bitcoin.

It is not suitable for you to just generalize that entire thread and skew everyone's posts to suit your opinion. Unacceptable.

Another big problem is that everything in crypto spaces becomes centralized. Recently I tried to sell my crypto without KYC and I didn't find any good platforms to do it! Just think about it...nowadays you need to pass KYC to sell crypto without high fees. That's crazy.

Almost all platforms and even some wallets require your ID which is the opposite of anonymity.

If you open your eyes you will find many platforms like HodlHodl and Agoradesk that allow you to trade locally. You can also use kycnot.me to find other privacy/no-kyc enabled services. These are good services, and you pay for them in fees. If you want cheap fees, add your ID to an exchange. Just because fees are higher (because you gain privacy), does not mean that they are bad platforms.

And because of that there are fewer and fewer platforms that offer you services without KYC and therefore because there are not many of them here they hike up their fees to the sky.

You pay for privacy. If you want to use a platform without ID, expect 1-2%, sometimes 3%. If you build relationships with local traders, maybe less. That's business.

Another big problem is that everything in crypto spaces becomes centralized. Recently I tried to sell my crypto without KYC and I didn't find any good platforms to do it! Just think about it...nowadays you need to pass KYC to sell crypto without high fees. That's crazy.

Almost all platforms and even some wallets require your ID which is the opposite of anonymity. And because of that there are fewer and fewer platforms that offer you services without KYC and therefore because there are not many of them here they hike up their fees to the sky.

Add to that the fact that even wallets are not safe. Ledger literally offered people to save their seed phrase in the cloud. The mere fact that they CAN take your seed phrase and upload it somewhere is a reason to never use ledger anymore.

So considering all this, it looks like crypto right now is moving to centralization and control over our funds. Bitcoin is just an asset to people and I don't see how everyone can use it as a currency.
That's why I think that bitcoin Ideas are dying.

Bitcoin has not faulted in its ability to serve as a currency since it was created. If you can transfer Bitcoin globally and cheaper than a bank, it serves as a better alternative currency. If other currency fails and you can still use Bitcoin to pay others, it serves at as a better alternative currency. Just because people speculate Bitcoin, it is not a currency? It's ideas are dying? Please. Stop.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: