Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:18:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin on The Island of Bali, Indonesia  (Read 568 times)
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
June 21, 2023, 01:17:28 PM

every country has rules, crypto in Indonesia has not been legalized but is allowed because it is a commodity asset not for payment and it is regulated by the competent government, (as far as I know sorry if I'm wrong) Indonesia has currency like other countries one thing that is natural if the governor forbids there are crypto transactions in the government, at least the tourists respect the rules made the same as Indonesian citizens visiting other countries follow the existing rules.
your problem is that you want to come to Bali or not , that's your right, you don't need to have a negative opinion with Bali because the problem is they don't accept payments with Bitcoin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KiaKia

Activity: 658
Merit: 386

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2023, 02:39:00 PM

It's nothing but ignorance, countries like Bali are one of the few ones that should be benefitting from digital currencies already, if they are saying no it means they are ignorant and they sure lack the knowledge about Bitcoin.

I won't worry myself much about this if I am living in such country, all I have to do is carefully invest in Bitcoin without anyone knowing, if Bitcoin is not legalized in the country yet it doesn't mean I can't invest because no one will know that I am a crypto investor anyway.

I am not advancing you to do the same, I am using myself as an example of what I would do if Bitcoin is not legal in my country.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
June 21, 2023, 03:54:30 PM

If I were to visit Bali, it would be because it has a lot of wonderful things to offer. I'm referring to the beaches, the temples, and other natural and man-made wonders. It wouldn't be because it accepts Bitcoin. So I guess I wouldn't mind if the province isn't Bitcoin friendly.

But supposing Indonesia accepts Bitcoin as payment, what can a lowly governor do? He will have no other choice but to abide with the law. It's just unfortunate that the country doesn't accept Bitcoin as a currency. What's even more unfortunate was its declaration as haram by the country's Islamic council.
If they have such leaders then the governments will never grow up to their potential, Bali is an wonderful place and there are many foreigners come there to explore the place especially from Europe so accepting crypto currency is actually going to be beneficial for them right but instead they are doing opposite and advising not to use it so who is going to lose, which economy is going down if they are not giving space for what the people are there for.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
CoinJoker69

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2023, 04:09:34 PM

https://talkimg.com/images/2023/05/30/wXjqT.png

I don't know whether you have been to Bali or not but Bali is one of the world's tourist destinations, unfortunately Bali still has a governor who is not friendly to bitcoins and cryptocurrencies so he informs every tourist not to use bitcoins as payment. Previously, the governor of Bali (his name is Wayan Koster) had gone viral because he refused to allow the Israeli national team to play in the U20 World Cup, previously Indonesia was chosen as the host.

with rules like this, do you still want to go to bali?

Tourists in Bali Warned Against Using Crypto for Payments, Governor Says They’ll Be ‘Dealt With Firmly’: Report

Read more https://dailyhodl.com/2023/05/29/tourists-in-bali-warned-against-using-crypto-for-payments-governor-says-theyll-be-dealt-with-firmly-report/

Bali has recently implemented several peculiar regulations, possibly aiming to curtail the influx of tourists.
It is not surprising that they have prohibited the use of cryptocurrencies as a means of payment, as it allows them to maintain strict control over financial transactions Undecided

The authorities are deeply concerned about the adverse effects of tourism on the local culture and traditions, hence their proactive measures...
Ryu_Ar1

Activity: 784
Merit: 615

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2023, 04:27:07 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2023, 04:41:50 PM by Ryu_Ar1

I'm from Indonesia and I don't feel like it's a bitcoin malaise.
The condition of crypto as legal tender is still illegal in Indonesia and of course that includes Bali as one of the provinces in Indonesia.
The regulation still cannot be done because even though the interest of people in my country is quite good about bitcoin lately but of course it is not a reference for them to do whatever they want including by doing crypto as one of the legal means of payment here.
It may sound like a defence but we must be aware of regulations and I quite agree with what the governor of Bali did because he did not ban crypto in his territory on the other hand we are also in Indonesia still quite comfortable with the government not banning but at least we also have to obey the regulations because what is currently valid in Indonesia is still with fiat and currencies other than crypto.
It is possible that these regulations will change but for now the things that make crypto a legal payment still do not exist in Indonesia.

Our government is still welcoming and actually accepts bitcoin and even in the bitcoin conference some time ago one of the Governors from Indonesia became a speaker in Miami and brought an agenda where this will have a positive impact on bitcoin in Indonesia and I think that could not be done in other countries and just saying bitcoin is not a legal payment to be something that is not friendly because it is still related to regulation is a little excessive i think.
This was also discussed on a local forum actually and if you are interested those of you who understand Indonesian can visit https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5454652.0 in addition that indeed we in Indonesia do not mean not welcome to crypto it's just that there needs to be some clear rules that must be obeyed as well especially with legal means of payment.

It's nothing but ignorance, countries like Bali are one of the few ones that should be benefitting from digital currencies already, if they are saying no it means they are ignorant and they sure lack the knowledge about Bitcoin.

I won't worry myself much about this if I am living in such country, all I have to do is carefully invest in Bitcoin without anyone knowing, if Bitcoin is not legalized in the country yet it doesn't mean I can't invest because no one will know that I am a crypto investor anyway.

I am not advancing you to do the same, I am using myself as an example of what I would do if Bitcoin is not legal in my country.
There are a few things I want to clear up here.
1. Bali is not a country but only a province in Indonesia.

2. Bitcoin is not banned here, it's just that for legal payments it is still prohibited because there are still no regulations and bitcoin is also still a commodity that is actually quite popular so there is no need to hide to be in bitcoin because the government is also quite neutral and even tends to support this.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 707

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 21, 2023, 04:31:23 PM

Indeed, Bali is a tourist attraction, renown for it natural beauty, stunning beaches, rich cultural heritage and friendly people. I have never visited but would love to go there whenever I get the opportunity to experience its wonders. It is unfotunate that Bitcoin is not accepted there as method payment. However. I would encourage you to unite and amplify your voices on social media, urging government officials to recognize advantages of embracing Bitcoin as payment system and consider regulating it in your country.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
aylabadia05

Activity: 1512
Merit: 765

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2023, 04:53:47 PM

I don't know whether you have been to Bali or not but Bali is one of the world's tourist destinations, unfortunately Bali still has a governor who is not friendly to bitcoins and cryptocurrencies so he informs every tourist not to use bitcoins as payment. Previously, the governor of Bali (his name is Wayan Koster) had gone viral because he refused to allow the Israeli national team to play in the U20 World Cup, previously Indonesia was chosen as the host.

Tourists in Bali Warned Against Using Crypto for Payments, Governor Says They’ll Be ‘Dealt With Firmly’: Report

Read more https://dailyhodl.com/2023/05/29/tourists-in-bali-warned-against-using-crypto-for-payments-governor-says-theyll-be-dealt-with-firmly-report/
OP. The way you convey your message sounds too extreme, even though if you examine it more clearly that the direction is not as extreme as you say.
The Governor of Bali only said that Indonesia is not anti-crypto, it's just that crypto has not been legalized like El-Salvador or other countries that allow payments using crypto.

Then what does this have to do with the Governor of Bali's statement rejecting the Israel national team with his being unfriendly to crypto. No correlation.

I come from Indonesia. I think you need to explain the truth about what you have conveyed in this topic so that people don't misunderstand Indonesia's condition regarding crypto because Indonesia as one of the Asian countries is very friendly to anyone.
Regarding crypto, Indonesia also allows it as a commodity asset.

In taking a reference, you need to look at the contents written by the source, is the delivery of the news accurate?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bitzizzix

Activity: 2380
Merit: 448

View Profile
June 21, 2023, 04:58:53 PM

Bali is not a country and Bali is just a province that has very beautiful tourist objects that are always visited by foreign tourists, and Bali is located in Indonesia and as far as I know Indonesia does not prohibit bitcoin or other crypto, and bitcoin is only allowed to be used as an asset, trade and investment but not allowed to be used as a means of payment.
and in my opinion that's better than the Indonesian government banning bitcoin as a whole and also crypto, and that has become a rule and every country has different rules against crypto or bitcoin. And the most important thing is that the people there can still use it even though it is not allowed to be used as a means of payment.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
erep

Activity: 2282
Merit: 589

View Profile
June 21, 2023, 06:28:41 PM

OP. The way you convey your message sounds too extreme, even though if you examine it more clearly that the direction is not as extreme as you say.
You are right, the way the OP conveyed the message of this thread was considered very extreme because he did not explain in advance about cryptocurrency regulations in the country of Indonesia, the other most extreme part was that he forced to link something that was irrelevant like there was a specific intention to convey a negative impact on that country.

The Governor of Bali only said that Indonesia is not anti-crypto, it's just that crypto has not been legalized like El-Salvador or other countries that allow payments using crypto.
The Governor of Bali must carry out the task of explaining to the public and tourists to respect regulations regarding cryptocurrency users as commodity assets because there have been several cases of violations found so the government does not expect this case to happen again. I appreciate the government because the cryptocurrency community is highly valued here and crypto-friendly even though its use must comply with regulations, but we expect new regulations that legalize the use of cryptocurrency for other functions rather than commodity assets.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
June 21, 2023, 07:39:14 PM

Bali is actually a beautiful and popular tourist destination and I have some friends who will be going there in a couple of weeks and as far as I know they use bitcoin. They are aware that Bali is not particularly crypto-friendly but they have enough money to cover their expenses there so they don't need to rely on bitcoin. I will stay in touch with them and I will ask if they find any way to use their bitcoin there, perhaps through local trading stores or online platforms. We will see.

Even if Bali won't the allow the use of crypto I feel like it worth the visit, It's a fantastic place to spend your vacation, like you can enjoy the beaches, the pleasant weather and engage in various entertainment activities. It's one of my favorite destinations I'd love to visit.
chigo (OP)

Activity: 178
Merit: 53

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2023, 08:52:51 PM

I come from Indonesia. I think you need to explain the truth about what you have conveyed in this topic so that people don't misunderstand Indonesia's condition regarding crypto because Indonesia as one of the Asian countries is very friendly to anyone.
Regarding crypto, Indonesia also allows it as a commodity asset.

In taking a reference, you need to look at the contents written by the source, is the delivery of the news accurate?
I am purely Indonesian and the location where I live now is in Siantar, I do not mean to discuss that the Indonesian government prohibits bitcoin, but bitcoin cannot be used as a means of payment in Indonesia, especially Bali.

I brought up the topic above because one of my friends is a motorbike rental service provider located in Bali, he found some tourists asking him about whether he accepts motorbike rental payments with bitcoin, he said no because he was afraid he would be caught by the police, some tourists have canceled renting motorbikes from him because they heard my friend doesn't want to transact with bitcoin (I don't know if this is a trap or a real tourist).
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
June 21, 2023, 10:54:34 PM

First Bali is not a country, it is a province of Indonesia. Secondly it has nothing to do with ignorance, many countries ban bitcoin and have put restrictions on bitcoin but this doesn't mean you don't go there or live there only for that.

Government don't want to lose control of people with the most powerful asset which is money. If they don't ban bitcoin they lose control over people which no government wants.
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1857

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
June 22, 2023, 02:58:48 AM

If I were to visit Bali, it would be because it has a lot of wonderful things to offer. I'm referring to the beaches, the temples, and other natural and man-made wonders. It wouldn't be because it accepts Bitcoin. So I guess I wouldn't mind if the province isn't Bitcoin friendly.

But supposing Indonesia accepts Bitcoin as payment, what can a lowly governor do? He will have no other choice but to abide with the law. It's just unfortunate that the country doesn't accept Bitcoin as a currency. What's even more unfortunate was its declaration as haram by the country's Islamic council.
If they have such leaders then the governments will never grow up to their potential, Bali is an wonderful place and there are many foreigners come there to explore the place especially from Europe so accepting crypto currency is actually going to be beneficial for them right but instead they are doing opposite and advising not to use it so who is going to lose, which economy is going down if they are not giving space for what the people are there for.

Again, this isn't Bali's fault nor the governor's. The legal order against the use of Bitcoin as a currency is, of course, coming from the national government. The local leaders will have no choice but to implement it even if they're against it.

At the end of the day, visitors will have to toe the line because they are in a different country with a different set of laws, customs, and culture. After all, they're probably not visiting Bali because of Bitcoin.

Leaders change. Perspectives change. Sooner or later, the whole of Indonesia will embrace the new currency.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 22, 2023, 12:08:30 PM

Why not, because Bali is a tourist destination that must be visited. Bali in other words can be called the island of the gods because the place is very beautiful like in heaven where the gods are. This is in my opinion.

Regarding the prohibition of crypto transactions, as a tourist, you should comply with the regulations in that country, there is a saying that says "Where the earth stands, there the sky is held in high esteem". Because each country has its own laws governing currency as a means of transaction. As far as I know, Indonesia only prohibits bitcoin transactions as a means of payment, bitcoin as an investment instrument, Indonesia does not prohibit it.

But in my opinion, the State should also not give sanctions to those who want to sell and buy using crypto, this is the basic right of every human being, as long as both parties agree. Because in ancient times buying and selling could be by agreement between the two parties to the transaction. For example, their agricultural products are exchanged for handicrafts from ceramic plates, jars, bowls, that is the individual right of each of them as long as they mutually agree and the government has no right to impose sanctions. Hopefully in the future Indonesia can implement a system like this, so that the country continues to develop following technological developments.
To be honest, as long as I do not live there, it doesn't bother me. Not like I will ever visit there because it would be financially silly, I haven't seen most major european cities, well in fact none of them yet, so I would rather spend that money on that, but the fact that I could means that I would not care about the laws of it at all. I would just focus on the situation a lot differently and I would not be able to actually consider that as a trouble.

I think it's quite important to remember that we should be considering these as no trouble as tourists, it's just not an issue, it's not regarding you, it's regarding their own citizens. You will be in an out, you won't stay there so why would it matter to you at all?

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
June 22, 2023, 05:05:06 PM

Again, this isn't Bali's fault nor the governor's. The legal order against the use of Bitcoin as a currency is, of course, coming from the national government. The local leaders will have no choice but to implement it even if they're against it.

At the end of the day, visitors will have to toe the line because they are in a different country with a different set of laws, customs, and culture. After all, they're probably not visiting Bali because of Bitcoin.

Leaders change. Perspectives change. Sooner or later, the whole of Indonesia will embrace the new currency.
Visitors are here for exploration only so it's not going to be a loss for them but for locals it will be beneficial if government makes the tourism more conveniently so it will encourage more people to visit there.

We can take Dubai as an best example and how much efforts they are taking to keep the tourism at it's best since they understand oil resource will not last long and their main source of income will be from tourism so government as well as people are happy there cause of different approach.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2023, 05:49:30 PM

Bali, a province within the country of Indonesia, is renowned for its vibrant tourist destinations. However, Bali remains compliant with the prevailing cryptocurrency regulations in Indonesia.

President Joko Widodo of Indonesia introduced regulations governing cryptocurrencies to prevent their use in transactions. This initiative aims to strengthen the position of the Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) as the sovereign national currency.

The Governor of Bali must adhere to these regulations. Nevertheless, if you have ever visited Bali, you may still come across certain hotels and stores that accept cryptocurrency payments. They operate discreetly to evade government scrutiny, as such actions are considered illegal.

I apologize for not being able to mention the names of these hotels or stores.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1669

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2023, 06:01:09 PM

I was not planning on going to Indonesia anytime soon, anyway. They do not want to accept my money, which is accepted almost everywhere in the world? No problem. I guess their Bali governor is just as misinformed, arrogant and ideologically submissive to the dictatorial ruling class.

What kind of normal person would want to go on vacation to a authoritarian developmental state in the first place? There are better places to go.

As I understand it, the entire crypto debate is stuck in place due to religious ideology. Thats the only reason. But hey, feel free to buy and sell stocks, right? Until Indonesia acknowledges its misadventures in trying to ban crypto, there is no point in going there, for a coiner, anyway.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
aylabadia05

Activity: 1512
Merit: 765

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2023, 06:12:06 PM

[snip]
I brought up the topic above because one of my friends is a motorbike rental service provider located in Bali, he found some tourists asking him about whether he accepts motorbike rental payments with bitcoin, he said no because he was afraid he would be caught by the police, some tourists have canceled renting motorbikes from him because they heard my friend doesn't want to transact with bitcoin (I don't know if this is a trap or a real tourist).
But if you read over and over what you have said, it seems that the Governor of Bali is very anti-crypto.
The chronology of the case of the arrest of a person who received Bitcoin payments at a car rental service in Bali according to a press conference conducted by the police, it is clear that the perpetrator was guilty even though there was an explanation from the party who was caught.

The Governor of Bali has indeed said that he will give strict sanctions to anyone who makes a payment transaction using a currency other than fiat currency which is legal in Indonesia. In our opinion, this is something that needs to be emphasized, considering that Indonesia has not yet allowed cryptocurrencies as a legal means of payment.

To avoid misunderstanding, you better lock this thread.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Oneandpure

Activity: 2044
Merit: 306

View Profile
June 22, 2023, 06:32:23 PM

Be careful for tourism want to use Bitcoin as payment transaction in Bali, Indonesia, there are illegal payment currency transaction using Bitcoin between seller or buyer accepted Bitcoin will qualify as criminal cases. Its not about bad or positive viewed from Bali governor but our country Indonesian is not legal using Bitcoin as payment currency and legalize only for investment assets.

But have one side with Bitcoin in our country looks funny, government not legalizing bitcoin as payment currency transaction but we have to pay tax fees each time transaction trading between buying or selling cryptocurrency assets in local exchange market. Almost 1% tax fees have to pay for one trading order between buy and sell but when using bitcoin as payment currencies will qualify as criminal cases.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
coupable

Activity: 2338

View Profile
June 22, 2023, 07:22:11 PM

Indonesia is not the only tourist destination that does not legalize the use of bitcoin and crypto in general. It can be said that most tourist destinations around the world prohibit the use of cryptocurrencies for payments. However, these laws cannot actually prevent people from using Bitcoin peer-to-peer and this is evident by the significant number of Indonesian users even by referring to the local Indonesian board here on the forum or in the peer-to-peer trading platforms.
What I do not understand is why the governor of Bali issues these statements even though the ban covers the entire country, and I also do not think that these statements will prevent tourists who use bitcoins from visiting the island or even from using bitcoins if they find a way to do so, even if it is outside the legal frameworks.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: