Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:26:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambling is different from trading  (Read 904 times)
Zilon

Activity: 966
Merit: 421

Bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2023, 03:33:37 PM

A trader who does not have a strategy is a gambler...
A trader who neglects their strategy and follow their instinct is a gambler..
A trader who trades even when the market is not in sync with their strategy is a gambler...
A trader who only understands the basics of trading and failed to keep up with research is a gambler..
A trader who does not have a plan have a threat of gambling...

The difference between a gambler and a trader lies within a very thin line. And there is no sitting on the fence if a trader does not fit into that thin line then they are obviously gamblers and there is no two ways about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
June 12, 2023, 04:03:29 PM

~snipped~
Do you really think that gambling is easier to earn, or did you mean that it looks easier for the player?
Whatever thing that will cause someone to lose money can't be addressed as easy, really. What I tried to explain in that comment was the lack of planning in gambling which should've come from set skills if it were in trading. I think Zilon in their comment puts it in better perspective there. 👇..

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
June 12, 2023, 05:56:16 PM

I was doing a comparison between gambling and trading I find out that their is merging between trading and gambling, I want to explain the categories of trading and gambling from my research gambling don't have to do with skills, but people prefer gambling than trading, but I kicked against gambling because it does not have control that leads to victory during time of diecasting your prediction in gambling therefore I concluded that gambling have to do with luck.

Both gambling and trading are ways of making profit and they both  involve risk and with is I think bot gambling and trading have much similarity but the difference I see there is that gamble doesn't need much knowledge before someone become successful and doesn't consumed time in term of predict, just in short it chances of lucky compare to trading that someone will lose if it doesn't have proper knowledge. As for me, I see gambling as a thing that takes the chance of luck because it doesn't require much knowledge, and someone does not need to work hard before someone can be a gamble winner, but in trading, someone needs to be very skilled in terms of trading and work hard before someone can become successful in trading. 
That is the reason why gambling is more often a source of losses than profits, unlike in trading that is done everything with knowledge and skills, and certainly a little bit of luck to make it possibly happen. Though you can also get rich in gambling quickly than trading, but know that it can also make your life more miserable with fast gains and losses, unlike trading that is made with timing and persistence.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
Alisha-k

Activity: 840
Merit: 23

View Profile
June 12, 2023, 05:58:29 PM

I was doing a comparison between gambling and trading I find out that their is merging between trading and gambling, I want to explain the categories of trading and gambling from my research gambling don't have to do with skills, but people prefer gambling than trading, but I kicked against gambling because it does not have control that leads to victory during time of diecasting your prediction in gambling therefore I concluded that gambling have to do with luck.

While trading is a skill that you will learn and understand the basic factors that can hinder your trading not to be successful, a trader can notice it's mistakes after loss and make corrections while a gambler mistakes can't be corrected because it deals with prediction. I notice that people do not put their money much in gambling than trading whereas the risk and loss is more efficient in gambling than trading. When we study trading very well there is no way we can trade in a month without making profit and as a beginner in trading we don't need to start trading with money that we can not afford to loss, while in gambling so many people gamble with their salary and last money. So I prefer trading more than gambling because it is a skill and it can be controlled.
both gambling and trading have high risk attached, it's best that for which ever one of them you tend to venture into, you do that with an amount you can afford to loose.
It's only unwise to use your full month salary either to gamble or trade, there's no wisdom in it.

center]██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██[/center]
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2023, 05:58:38 PM

Gambling and trading both are different both in my opinion in both field you become addicted so addiction is not a good habit as it can enhance your failure. whenever a person get profit then he Don't think that how much risky it is and regularly put money due to greed in nature so once a time comes when he will loss all his money. So both gambling and trading are cause of bad addiction therefore it will be beneficial if one put money into some useful coin to hold it for longer period rather than waste it in gambling.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Flexystar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 227

View Profile
June 12, 2023, 06:09:45 PM

There is big difference and it starts right from their spellings and meanings.  Wink
As everyone already discussed, I would elaborate trading as mixture of various actions or outcome from “non-programmed” actions. For example, a trade could change its direction or jump to different prices due to government decisions or may be due to war break out at one corner and it’s impact on the particular asset. This definitely changes the way math works here. However, the case is different with gambling. It’s man made algorithm that keeps playing the role at the back processing. The outputs are solely based on probability or odds of the game. So they are definitely different.
macson

Activity: 1008
Merit: 141

View Profile
June 12, 2023, 06:51:17 PM

There is big difference and it starts right from their spellings and meanings.  Wink
As everyone already discussed, I would elaborate trading as mixture of various actions or outcome from “non-programmed” actions. For example, a trade could change its direction or jump to different prices due to government decisions or may be due to war break out at one corner and it’s impact on the particular asset. This definitely changes the way math works here. However, the case is different with gambling. It’s man made algorithm that keeps playing the role at the back processing. The outputs are solely based on probability or odds of the game. So they are definitely different.
i understand what you want to convey here and it is absolutely correct, if gambling is a game of luck because it is programmed then trading requires skill and also good analysis because the end result is not programmed.  there is also something that makes me funny, bcause some motivators in trading seminars and paid classes who indoctrinate many people that trading is an easy thing, in fact not everyone succeeds in trading, and usually those who lose are those who think trading is the same as gambling (just rely on luck).  so that's for everyone, don't ever think that trading is the same as gambling, stop thinking like that!

tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
June 13, 2023, 04:28:19 AM

A trader who trades even when the market is not in sync with their strategy is a gambler...
A trader who only understands the basics of trading and failed to keep up with research is a gambler..

The difference between a gambler and a trader lies within a very thin line. And there is no sitting on the fence if a trader does not fit into that thin line then they are obviously gamblers and there is no two ways about it.
That thin line is usually someone who is smart with their money and a fool who thinks they can  get rich easily and crypto world is a cheat code for them to get richer.

We grew up in the digital world, anyone who is under 40 years old right now knows the computer world, this is why we grew up with games and such, and we got rich on all those games, it is so easy to be rich in games, even if it was an online game, there are a lot of people who are poor in real life but rich at world of warcraft, so they thought crypto would turn that talent into reality and we all know it did not. This is why I believe that we can't really be doing anything that would benefit them, and they failed and made a lot of loss since they thought it would be that easy, it's not.

livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 13, 2023, 07:06:34 AM

As for me, gambling is a completely different option. It seems to me that this option is not at all like trading, and definitely requires attention. Without experience, this will not work.
They're different but you can gamble and trade at the same time. I agree about giving attention to detail in trading is complete different from gambling.

In gambling, you can carefree because many games are just there for fun and are basing on your luck.

Unlike in trading, it's not all about luck but you need analysis and critical thinking in doing your trades.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2142

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2023, 07:24:46 AM

By definition, if it's a form of a game, then it's gambling. Anything else is about the same IMO, including risk, strategy (yes gambling also has strategy), and skill (yes some games also need skills, like poker). The problem here now resides in the presentation of the trading itself. Some also tried to gamify the trade with binary options, which can be found on gambling sites as well, such as Rollbit. Hence, do you want to "bet on the market," bet on a horse, or bet on black or red? It is almost indistinguishable... Your effort/skill can only give you a limited upper hand.

So yeah by definition it's different. But whether or not trading is better, is something subjective because both have different goals. Gambling is a form of entertainment while trading is to make money. It's a crappy way to make money for most of us, but someone somewhere can get rich from it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2023, 07:29:41 AM

As for me, gambling is a completely different option. It seems to me that this option is not at all like trading, and definitely requires attention. Without experience, this will not work.
They're different but you can gamble and trade at the same time. I agree about giving attention to detail in trading is complete different from gambling.

In gambling, you can carefree because many games are just there for fun and are basing on your luck.

Unlike in trading, it's not all about luck but you need analysis and critical thinking in doing your trades.

And mostly, if you gamble in trading, you'll be losing a ton, and it is not fun in trading if your strategy is just to gamble. Trading is some serious stuff, as you are really doing an analysis of the market as well as your predictions, and if you just gamble it like you are just placing an entry with your guts and you'll say you will, then for sure that is only because you've got the luck beside you, but that will not last for long as you will now keep losing after that.
Latviand

Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

View Profile
June 13, 2023, 08:05:42 AM

The statement may sound too obvious and on the nose but @Flexystar is right, semantics and definitions matter.

Gambling focuses more on probability and chances while trading is more on speculation rooted on analysis and research on market trends. Another difference is that gambling is reliant on luck although I would consider poker and blackjack as sort of an exception to this rule given that there's skills involved like card counting and bluffing, while in trading, you need to be equipped with the necessary knowledge and experience to make some profit, it won't guarantee a win but you have more chances of making money in trading than gambling anyways. I think the reason why people confuse gambling and trading so much is the fact that both carry inherent risk (the only similarity imo) and a lot of people use the word gamble/gambling more than just its meaning in other aspects of life to make their statements profound in nature and now here we are debating whether they are similar or not when the answers been given to all of us a long time ago.
Walesone

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2023, 08:28:46 AM

Gambling is different from trading, and it's important to understand the risks involved in both. Speaking of trading platforms, did you hear of XGo? I've been curious about their features like margin trading and wallets. Any experiences or opinions on this service?
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 13, 2023, 10:50:10 AM

And mostly, if you gamble in trading, you'll be losing a ton, and it is not fun in trading if your strategy is just to gamble. Trading is some serious stuff, as you are really doing an analysis of the market as well as your predictions, and if you just gamble it like you are just placing an entry with your guts and you'll say you will, then for sure that is only because you've got the luck beside you, but that will not last for long as you will now keep losing after that.
You're just wasting money if in the first place you've got no intention of winning your trade. Although this is similar in gambling but it's likely that people have already that common thought that when you gamble, you should be prepared to lose.

There's this thought also in trading but at least you've got certain strategies that you can apply so that you can't easily lose.

Winning in trading isn't just all relying to luck but in gambling, you can have that YOLO mentally that you will not think whether it'll win or lose as long as you've gambled and bet it like it's all up to the result.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Huppercase

Activity: 756
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 13, 2023, 04:04:53 PM

These are just facts, but that doesn't mean situations won't go against them, such as the first line, a trader may not have a strategy, especially if he is a newbie, and may be lucky to enter a trade when the market is good, he can make something out without a strategy, simply buying and the market will pump in their favour for the next few hours and they sell to profit, this could be for daily as well.

Instinct is another thing that helps sometimes as well, you might have a trade that you have set up and by technical analysis, you read some news and feel that the market will dump in some other time, you can sell your trade and close the open order and after a while, the market will dump. This is what instinct does for traders, sometime you follow them where you think technical analysis might not be applicable to your trades.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
kojektea

Activity: 2254
Merit: 256

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2023, 05:09:23 PM

what can I explain about their difference.

Gambling:
Gambling involves betting on the outcome of a random or lucky event. This is often done with the hope of winning money or a prize. Players in gambling do not have significant control over the outcome and rely solely on luck. This includes casino games such as roulette, slot machines, or sports betting where the outcome cannot be predicted or controlled.

Trading:
Trading involves buying and selling of financial assets such as stocks, bonds, commodities or currencies with the aim of profiting from changes in the price of those assets. Trading involves market analysis, research and decision making based on learned information and strategies. Traders use a variety of methods and analytical tools to make informed predictions and take risks. Trading also involves careful risk management and control over trading positions.

The main difference between gambling and trading lies in the concept of the decisions taken and the control that the individual has. Gambling is based more on luck, whereas trading is based on market analysis and knowledge. Trading also involves more targeted risk management to protect capital and minimize losses.
RewFrew

Activity: 574
Merit: 140

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2023, 06:00:15 PM

While both gambling and trading do share the same risks of losing money, the approach is different.

We don't rely purely on luck when it comes to trading compare to usual gambling. To earn profits in trading, we do have factors to be considered as our key to make a good strategy unlike in the usual gambling that you bet your money then just depend on luck.

In general though, either gambling or trading, learn to know the risk factor of both field and don't just engage into something without equipping at least basic information beforehand. We are talking about our money here therefore always be cautious.
Yes brother you told absolutely right Gambling and trading both has same risk of losing money. Gambling is very risky its basically depends on luck. And trading is also risky but if anyone gather proper knowledge about trading he will capable to reduce risk. For trading anyone can utilize his fund but in gambling has no chance like that. We can tell gambling is like a play but trading like Buy, sell etc.

Mr.right85

Activity: 910
Merit: 650

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2023, 07:46:57 PM

Yes brother you told absolutely right Gambling and trading both has same risk of losing money. Gambling is very risky its basically depends on luck. And trading is also risky but if anyone gather proper knowledge about trading he will capable to reduce risk. For trading anyone can utilize his fund but in gambling has no chance like that. We can tell gambling is like a play but trading like Buy, sell etc.
Should we base our classification based on risk or some minor similarities, then trading or gambling can br related to just any field of human endeavour.

Risk is something you find in any place with the potential of earning and losing money. Its always about a pointing something out with hopes of getting something back and a factor of actually losing all a well.

People can gamble there trades, but the reverse is impossible (trade while gambling). Even the English doesn't add up right and comes without any sense.
For them both to be same, they have to be proportional or equational when placed side by side but this isn't the case for these fields.
This makes them both very distinct.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
gabbie2010

Activity: 2660
Merit: 322

Vave.com - Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2023, 08:12:18 PM

I was doing a comparison between gambling and trading I find out that their is merging between trading and gambling, I want to explain the categories of trading and gambling from my research gambling don't have to do with skills, but people prefer gambling than trading, .
It should be different.
but practically, many people are doing trading like gambling. Just like betting or slots. Sometimes they just bet on what they are trading, without any underlying reason or even post-analysis skills. Trading requires analysis as well as various other keys to success. But if you only apply it like betting, especially if you only rely on luck, this will be very bad.
That is why 95% of traders lost their fund because majority of them trade like a gambler, imagine an inexperience trader triggered a trade blindly without  considering the trend of the price probably placed a countertrend trade because of lack of knowledge of multi timeframe analysis as a result such a trader is bound to experience streak of losses just trading like a gambler, however gambling is a 50:50 chance nothing is guaranteed because an upset can be created in bet that was suppose to be a sure bet,  I am involved in both trading and gambling and I Am convinced that the former  can generate consistent profit than the latter.

Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
June 13, 2023, 08:46:53 PM

If you are not doing trading right, then you are not trading at all but gambling. Though trading is also a matter of luck, but most likely it’s done with knowledgeable mind and a skilled mindset so you can expect that you will be in profit more than a loss when you are trading that way. However, in gambling, there’s no certain strategy to use, it all matters how discipline you are when managing your funds. If you can’t control the urge to bet, then definitely you’ll never win from gambling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: