Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:25:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is poverty a lack of money?  (Read 1541 times)
jasonjm

Activity: 1246
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2023, 05:13:05 PM

I see poverty as the inability to provide what you need. So when people assume that poverty is when you don't have money I don't agree. Now what if you have all you need and you don't require money to buy anything, are you poor? Some people live in communities where everyone lives agrarian life. They have all they need because everything they need to survive is available. Food is on the farm, water available and everybody is happy. Although it was hard during the Covid-19 lockdown many people lived without money. I have also seen many people leaving cities and moving to rural areas to live a natural life.

In summary when you have everything you need to survive and you don't need money, are you poor?

Poverty is when you don't have enough resources to provide for your family and yourself the basic necessities of life like; food, shelter, health etc.
In today's world, you should have enough amount of money to survive.
They have all they need because everything they need to survive is available. Food is on the farm, water available and everybody is happy.

For food production, you need good equipment and fertilizer to get more production, water pump and electricity usage, all these things need money. If you don't have money, you can't get any of these things. Money can get you the things that you want/need.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  

Jump to: