Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:39:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop stressing kids with bitcoin  (Read 1200 times)
Obari (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 440

I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2023, 07:08:40 PM

I've seen several threads where people preach teaching bitcoin to kids and I've also seen threads where others talked about having  some savings(investments) in bitcoin  for their kids which is right.

Just as my topic reads, we should stop stressing  kids with wanting them do things we didn't meet up doing and at some points getting them mentally stressed.

Please don't get me wrong because I'm typically  not against teaching  or maybe introducing bitcoin  to your kids but I'm  on the opinion  that rather than bother them with this complicated digital asset (bitcoin) knowing fully well that no matter how much knowledge  we have about it, if we don't have the money to buy, then we'll  certainly  miss out, and judging from this, I don't think it's wise teaching them or wanting to force it on them when we know that they can't afford it.

I will suggest that, rather than bore them with the history of bitcoin,  why not get a portfolio for them and keep investing in it and watch it grow with them and when they're of age, then you can practically  show them the needful.

I want to know if there are people who also share same opinion with me and please lets just discuss rather than argue

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
[/center]
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mvdheuvel1983

Activity: 1022
Merit: 368

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 07:25:20 PM

I've seen several threads where people preach teaching bitcoin to kids and I've also seen threads where others talked about having  some savings(investments) in bitcoin  for their kids which is right.

We share different opinions on this subject matter. I see nothing wrong in giving kids intro to cryptocurrency. Would be a shame if an individual who is a fan of bitcoin and has invested in it, doesn't have kids who have the slightest idea of cryptocurrency. Anyone who is ashamed to have their kids know at least the basics of what it is must be using cryptocurrency for fraud or something illegal.

Just as my topic reads, we should stop stressing  kids with wanting them do things we didn't meet up doing and at some points getting them mentally stressed.
I do not know how you define stress in the situation but I feel that kids from 10 years of age should learn about cryptocurrency. It is digital money and even more. The do not need to start reading charts or those complicated stuff they just need to know.

I will suggest that, rather than bore them with the history of bitcoin,  why not get a portfolio for them and keep investing in it and watch it grow with them and when they're of age, then you can practically  show them the needful.

This is basically the summary of my response. You hit the nail on the head with this last paragraph.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 07:38:07 PM

Please don't get me wrong because I'm typically  not against teaching  or maybe introducing bitcoin  to your kids but I'm  on the opinion  that rather than bother them with this complicated digital asset (bitcoin) knowing fully well that no matter how much knowledge  we have about it, if we don't have the money to buy, then we'll  certainly  miss out, and judging from this, I don't think it's wise teaching them or wanting to force it on them when we know that they can't afford it.

I don't agree with this at all. What does having money has to do with owning bitcoin? You don't need money to get it and this forum is a perfect example to support this claim.

What age children are we talking about? I have a little girl that cares about going for a walk in the woods, playing with her dolls, chasing our cats around the house and things of this sort. I'm not going to teach her about bitcoin yet. When she's 10, I'll be trying to get her to know bitcoin, that's for sure. I don't think she'll be stressed by that any more than playing chess or reading a book would stress her.

Bottom line, if your kid is smart enough to learn how to use a phone and use the Internet, he or she isn't going to be stressed by bitcoin.

Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

Activity: 574
Merit: 514

Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2023, 07:46:26 PM

Some say the earlier the better, but I say that age should decide. There is nothing bad in giving children Bitcoin education, but I believe that giving children Bitcoin education at a very tender age, like 10 years old (below), is not wise because there is really enough time for the child to learn about Bitcoin, so why the rush? I think 11 years is partially good, but there are some kids at that age whose level of understanding is still very poor to introduce something like Bitcoin to them. 13 years and above is much better, which some children will not even find very funny.

I once took this initiative to teach my nephew,

I would feel sorry for your nephew. Give him a ball and let him go play football with his friends. Knowledge about bitcoin does not take much time; you can explain everything to him when he gets older.

but after I created the thread and gone through my first comment, yea, it really did make sense to me that indeed, Bitcoin knowledge doesn't take like a year to learn, so why burden the child with Bitcoin knowledge at a very tender age, while they can learn it when they are older, and it wouldn't even take that much time to grasp the idea.
Nwada001

Activity: 574
Merit: 624

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 07:52:24 PM

To me, there is nothing wrong with teaching a child about Bitcoin, provided that the child is old enough to read and is not seen as forcing them to learn about the currency. I see that as giving those children an opportunity we never have the chance to grab. Teaching them the basics of Bitcoin at an early age is enough to direct their knowledge into the currency; if they pick up an interest in it, then better for them, they will start early by learning more about it. Learning about Bitcoin is not just all about giving them money and showing them how to invest in Bitcoin.

If we don't have the money to buy, then we'll  certainly  miss out, and judging from this, I don't think it's wise teaching them or wanting to force it on them when we know that they can't afford it.

Bitcoin is far more than that; they can also be a great help to Bitcoin development if they grow up to be more of the technical part. They can build and develop things that can support the network. They can set up their own mining firm, etc. I see that giving early knowledge of Bitcoin to children who are off-age as a really great idea. I don't mean the children who are still supposed to be playing video games and watching cartoons on TV.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 07:55:50 PM

I want to know if there are people who also share same opinion with me and please lets just discuss rather than argue
Everything does really have its right time when it comes on dealing up with things specially into kids on which their young minds couldn't really be able to cope up on learning up something which their

parents might really be that telling or teaching them on their younger years on which it is true that it is somewhat that stressful. There's a particular in life on which they would be asking out about
on whats money? for sure they would really be that get curious and what it is and on this time then i would say that it would be the sweetest spot on teaching them about fiat and at the same time
you would really be making out some introductions when it comes to cryptospace or Bitcoin itself.

As a parent then you wouldnt really be that so dumb on being that forceful because we know that doing so would really be rather giving out that other effect
than on what you had assumed.
Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2023, 07:57:46 PM

It is upto each individual to do what they feel is right for their kids but for me personally I think it is not necessary to stress out kids with btc teachings. They will surely come to understand and know all about it as they grow, better to let them do what is important to them at their tender age.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
hannahB4

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 08:04:38 PM

I also agree with you on this point but logically those who said they taught their kids about Bitcoin didn't mean it at face value I don't imagine any parent who will sit a five-year-old kid down and begin to teach about Bitcoin, any training or teaching should not be taught earlier than the teenage years.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2023, 08:06:29 PM

@OP if we create a portfolio for our kids, then we are oblige to make them learn about it.  They should understand what is that portfolio and to make them understand we need to teach them about cryptocurrency.  That is way more vast than just teaching kids with Bitcoin.  Though, we can say that we can just tell them the basic but still they are more wider than just teaching our kids the basic of Bitcoin.

I do not disagree with your idea to prepare a portfolio with our kids and watch this portfolio grow together.  I believe it is much better than teaching them and citing example through words.  Seeing the discussion in hand will make them easier to understand about the subject and they can easily distinguish the difference between cryptocurrency.
Agbe

Activity: 882
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 08:10:45 PM

Op I think someone has created this thread before if I am not mistaken. Let me go into research. Before then, when I glanced through the thread, one thing I discovered from the op is, the thread is self contradicting. Let see how it is.
Op topic says
Stop stressing kids with bitcoin

I'm typically  not against teaching  or maybe introducing bitcoin  to your kids but I'm  on the opinion  that rather than bother them with this complicated digital asset (bitcoin) knowing fully well that no matter how much knowledge  we have about it,
Already contrary to the topic. You are not against it but you don't want to stress them by teaching them bitcoin. How?

children are going to school and learning different subjects and comprehend them so if bitcoin can be present to them to learn little by little, I think they can learn because the most complicated subject is computer and yet they learn computer at that age.
paid2

Activity: 686
Merit: 2050

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2023, 08:18:28 PM

Yeah, I don't know, I think that Bitcoin, like other subjects, needs to be learnt bit by bit. There's no need to make it a sacred subject for children, or something too serious.

If BTC is part of their normal, basic, lambda environment, adoption will be there in the future. You don't stress children about credit or debit cards, do you? Why do it any differently with BTC? If it's just normal for them, there's no need to stress it. There's no need to lecture about it for hours. Information by information, little by little, day by day, without forcing it, and they'll remember BTC when they're adults. That's all that matters.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
MinoRaiola
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1587

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2023, 08:31:49 PM

A child should play with other children as long as possible, be happy and not have extreme obligations. That will come soon enough and they will fight for there goals. Financially they are usually supported by their parents and bitcoin could be explained to them step by step. But a child will only deal with it when it has to and then I think it will be fine... without being forced.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Die_empty

Activity: 700
Merit: 994

Give all before death

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 09:10:19 PM

I assume you mean these threads
Kids and Bitcoin
Don't Force Your Children to Learn Bitcoin
These threads were wonderful topics that I enjoyed, I can't speak for others. If you have a child or children you will understand that they are your treasure. If you have a successful child, you will become a fulfilled father or mother. I cherish everything that will make me raise my child the proper way and make them sound both in character and learning. I learned so many things from those threads because the comments of members of the forum were enlightening.

Every Bitcoiner wants Bitcoin adoption to increase so we are encouraged to promote Bitcoin education. Introducing Bitcoin to children is not a bad idea but we must take note of the following:

Age: introducing a seven to thirteen years old to Bitcoin as a currency or investment might make little or no impact. But some children are gifted or special. Some of them can understand many things about Bitcoin, those can be introduced. But children should be allowed to enjoy their plays, toys, and friends and shouldn't be burdened with strange concepts. After all some school subject covers money and investment and academics is even enough burden for kids.

Interest: Bitcoin attracts only the interested. You don't force people to learn or adopt Bitcoin because it is not everybody that will join the Bitcoin space. You should only introduce them to Bitcoin and allow them to make thier decisions. Some children will pick interest in Bitcoin while others might be interested in other fields or business.

This is not a bad idea mate. Saving Bitcoin for your children using Dollar cost averaging strategy. In no time you might save enough to pay school fees and other bills. Thank you for this uncommon advice.

gunhell16

Activity: 1680
Merit: 474

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 09:11:26 PM

I understand your point. I agree that there are other Bitcoin enthusiasts who are so enthusiastic about Bitcoin that they don't realize that their understanding of it is limited by their young age. The concept of Bitcoin is not easy to understand.

That's why I won't explain Bitcoin to my son right away. Instead, I will show him that Bitcoin is a part of our lives as he grows up. In short, I will familiarize him with Bitcoin as a way to pay for goods and services, just like fiat currency. I will only start explaining the simple meaning of Bitcoin to him when I see that he is curious about it.

I think this is a good approach. It allows your son to learn about Bitcoin at his own pace and in a way that he can understand.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
SatoPrincess

Activity: 980
Merit: 703

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 09:21:02 PM

It’s up to the parents to raise their kids the way they see fit. There are worse things that can happen that more terrible than teaching a kid bitcoin. Sometimes we get carried away with the love we have for bitcoin and the things we have achieved through bitcoin investment that we want to shout it off the rooftops that bitcoin is the best thing ever. We all can’t be the same. I understand you OP, the threads about teaching bitcoin to kids are increasing but so can threads advising against teaching bitcoin to children, I believe this is the second one I have seen in the past one month.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
CryptSafe

Activity: 742
Merit: 421

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 09:21:10 PM

These generational kids are very smart and intelligent. Very inquisitive and ready to know unlike the old generation were there was nothing as sophisticated as this day modern technology.

I will say this if you have a kid that is too inquisitive about technology or something new, do not fail to give them all information about it so as to aid their knowledge more on that subject matter. As they have already picked interest in it, It would not cost anything for them to flow with it very fast. That is how it is now. It would be in your interest to teach them well with the right thing otherwise someone else would teach them the wrong thing the wrong way and that might likely result to disaster.

Back to Bitcoin. I believe age factor is a major player in this scenario.  It is not bad if your kids are interested  in bitcoin or not. What matters is that they would have something to hold unto as their accumulated investment which has been kept for them long enough if eventually you as a father buys a fraction of bitcoin for them as a long term investment.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Mr.suevie

Activity: 518
Merit: 319

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2023, 09:22:34 PM

I understand your point. I agree that there are other Bitcoin enthusiasts who are so enthusiastic about Bitcoin that they don't realize that their understanding of it is limited by their young age. The concept of Bitcoin is not easy to understand.

That's why I won't explain Bitcoin to my son right away. Instead, I will show him that Bitcoin is a part of our lives as he grows up. In short, I will familiarize him with Bitcoin as a way to pay for goods and services, just like fiat currency. I will only start explaining the simple meaning of Bitcoin to him when I see that he is curious about it.

I think this is a good approach. It allows your son to learn about Bitcoin at his own pace and in a way that he can understand.
I know if anyone here has not seen the bitcoin cartoon that was previously posted here on the forum, its a very educative cartoon for the young mind its clearly explain the concept of bitcoin so clear that even the young mind of the children can comprehend the message that is been tried to pass and show clips or video like that will help explain a little bit about bitcoin without over exceeding the limits to which the child can grab.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2023, 09:23:21 PM

Anyone who is ashamed to have their kids know at least the basics of what it is must be using cryptocurrency for fraud or something illegal.
It's not about shame but more of the age Gap that is appropriate to introduce a a child to financial education, we should let kids be kids for as long as possible while being intentional about their development.

As for parents that actually take on the responsibility of introducing their kids to Bitcoin and the financial world they should know that they are taking up the role of the teacher and should research fun ways to educate a child and not just force them to read the whitepaper or something like that.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Bananington

Activity: 1414
Merit: 344

View Profile
June 14, 2023, 09:24:26 PM

Teaching your children about bitcoin without having any kind of investment for them for them to take over when they are of age it is a big waste of their time because telling a child at that young age about bitcoin is empowering the child with knowledge that he can do nothing with at that time. Forcing a child to learn about Bitcoins will not guarantee that the child will be interested in Bitcoins in the future, you are only making their childhood boring.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Obari (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 440

I buy all valid country Gift cards swiftly.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2023, 09:43:36 PM

We share different opinions on this subject matter. I see nothing wrong in giving kids intro to cryptocurrency. Would be a shame if an individual who is a fan of bitcoin and has invested in it, doesn't have kids who have the slightest idea of cryptocurrency. Anyone who is ashamed to have their kids know at least the basics of what it is must be using cryptocurrency for fraud or something illegal.
I'm not trying to argue now but I think I dispute this very one because not everyone who decides to keep their source of livelihood secret or confidential even to your family is involved in scam or illegality with bitcoin as there are also people who making it obvious that they're involved with bitcoin and yet still aid scam through it.

I will suggest that, rather than bore them with the history of bitcoin,  why not get a portfolio for them and keep investing in it and watch it grow with them and when they're of age, then you can practically  show them the needful.
Forcing a child to learn about Bitcoins will not guarantee that the child will be interested in Bitcoins in the future, you are only making their childhood boring.

Well said and understood because I see no reason boring their childhood with things that seems complicated  to even adults and yet you have nothing in store or in any portfolio  for them to push them which to me is a total waste of time.

Anyone who is ashamed to have their kids know at least the basics of what it is must be using cryptocurrency for fraud or something illegal.
It's not about shame but more of the age Gap that is appropriate to introduce a a child to financial education, we should let kids be kids for as long as possible while being intentional about their development.

Age truly matters in cryptocurrency  and people should also have to understand  this as well and stop  making things hard for their kids.

These generational kids are very smart and intelligent. Very inquisitive and ready to know unlike the old generation were there was nothing as sophisticated as this day modern technology.

I will say this if you have a kid that is too inquisitive about technology or something new, do not fail to give them all information about it so as to aid their knowledge more on that subject matter. As they have already picked interest in it, It would not cost anything for them to flow with it very fast. That is how it is now. It would be in your interest to teach them well with the right thing otherwise someone else would teach them the wrong thing the wrong way and that might likely result to disaster.

I don't think any child below the age of 11 shoukd be bothered with cryptocurrency, no matter how much interest they  have in it.
It is also true that the kids in this generation are very Inquisitive and technology  conscious but this is mental age we're  talking about and a child  should get to some certain age to be able to assimilate  easily  what he or she might be taught.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x