Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 06:24:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CDN:Canada eCoin-merge mineable scrypt eCoin [ANN]  (Read 42364 times)
hexdump

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

(-(-_(-_-)_-)-)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:10:23 PM

I would be extra cautious on getting CDN the new exchanges and learn from the past
Xnigma, Coin-Swap, SWISSCEX, COMKORT -> all gone now  and perhaps many coins along with them.

I would vote for  shapeshift.io -> no login required , easy to use and full integration with android coinomi wallet 
what next ? ->  polo? , bittrex? -> is ok as long as we have right volume on it .

btw nice to see some positive energy here \(סּںסּَ` )/ۜ
/hexdump

-`ღ´- canada eCoin CDN |  #ourCoin |  TwitterExplorerPool  | Bitcoin Talk | Discord -`ღ´-
Markets : BleutradeNovaexchangeCryptopia
wallets : windows | LinuxAndroidPaper
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:16:45 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 05:29:16 AM by Rw13enlib88

I think Shapeshift is ok and very useful and we should try to get listed there but we need first more exchanges.

Why dont we make a voting to decide in which exchange we focus first?

I propose the next 3 exchanges in this order (please include your exchanges and reasons)

1) Yobit (easy to get listed/no need to vote/ no delisting)
2) Cryptsy (hard to get listed/no delisting)
3) Shapeshift (hard to get listed/no delisting)

I donate 0.02btc to Yobit's Smiley Only 0.08btc left  Tongue

PS: Support my ticket asking coinmarketcap.com to update their info to include
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=CDN_BTC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg13201438#msg13201438

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 04:02:48 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2019, 03:21:56 AM by mprep

I have problems when I enable CDN when I already have syscoin. is this being worked on? It seem they are using the same chain ID or something?

I have problems when I enable CDN when I already have syscoin. is this being worked on? It seem they are using the same chain ID or something?

Is anyone else successfully merge mining this?

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
koad

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 05:46:52 PM

I am looking into the impacts of changing the chain id, i don't see any red flags yet but I need to be sure.  If this could cause problems then we will need to gain consensus in the matter.

P.S.  if you know of any useful links on the subject please reply here - looking for the implications in changing chain id (aux pow).

/koad
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 06:40:57 PM

I am looking into the impacts of changing the chain id, i don't see any red flags yet but I need to be sure.  If this could cause problems then we will need to gain consensus in the matter.

P.S.  if you know of any useful links on the subject please reply here - looking for the implications in changing chain id (aux pow).

/koad

I'll see what I can find out from another dev that has a lot of experience working with merged coins.

Thanks

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 12:31:42 AM

/koad

I'll see what I can find out from another dev that has a lot of experience working with merged coins.

Thanks

I would check into this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769073.new#new

and ping ahmed_bodi he's quite an excellent dev.

But from what I can find out, changing the ID shouldn't have much ill affect and it would only really be required for pool ops merging with other coins.

koad

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 07:38:25 PM

/koad

Thanks

But from what I can find out, changing the ID shouldn't have much ill affect and it would only really be required for pool ops merging with other coins.

Thanks for the info; that is the list I was looking for Cheesy 

I haven't found much evidence that harm would be done, but am not 100% sure yet.  I will change the ID to 1867 which is Canada's birth year and do a complete download/resync of the chain using the modified version to make sure all is OK.  The assumption here is that if a rescan is possible then we can be secure in a full network update without any harmful implications.

What does everyone think of this plan?   

P.S.  1867 is also the amount of years ( after the next ice age ) before the Leafs win another cup. Wink

/koad

crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 07:50:30 PM

/koad

Thanks

I haven't found much evidence that harm would be done, but am not 100% sure yet.  I will change the ID to 1867 which is Canada's birth year and do a complete download/resync of the chain using the modified version to make sure all is OK.  The assumption here is that if a rescan is possible then we can be secure in a full network update without any harmful implications.

P.S.  1867 is also the amount of years ( after the next ice age ) before the Leafs win another cup. Wink

/koad

I'm game for that. I was tryin to find some reference in the MYR thread as I believe they initially had the same issue and simply issued an update that was only needed for pool ops that were merge mining. Normal users could simply use the existing wallet...

But the leafs better win sometime in my lifetime!

psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1647

精神分析的爸

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:53:06 PM

/koad

Thanks

/koad

That's great news koad, hopefully everything goes well.

Regarding MYR: I think their problem was that they had the right chainid in place but the rpc reported back chainid 0 when getauxblock was called, IIRC it was this commit that has fixed the problem: https://github.com/myriadteam/myriadcoin/commit/e0a30bf8f7ee533c004040c85369cf457f12d36f

Good luck with your test, looking forward to merge-mine a few CDN  Wink

aib

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

Advance Integrated Blockchains (AIB)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 06:57:45 AM

AIB(coin) is supporting  CDN merge hashing power around 100M - 5G dynamically.
And holding the CDN not dumping a single dime yet:)
wish the community support more Canadian Blockchain developers.

If you want to supporting me a little bit.
welcome to donate a few BTC.
0.01 are welcome

my nicehash wallet:
32JD2r4PjLVDQiP8nQ8yetjUYM74H9e1Fk

koad

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 08:05:14 PM

I think Shapeshift is ok and very useful and we should try to get listed there but we need first more exchanges.

Why dont we make a voting to decide in which exchange we focus first?

I propose the next 3 exchanges in this order (please include your exchanges and reasons)

1) Yobit (easy to get listed/no need to vote/ no delisting)
2) Cryptsy (hard to get listed/no delisting)
3) Shapeshift (hard to get listed/no delisting)

I donate 0.02btc to Yobit's Smiley Only 0.08btc left  Tongue

PS: Support my ticket asking coinmarketcap.com to update their info to include
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=CDN_BTC

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg13201438#msg13201438

I am completely new to Yobit, I haven't been able to find where I add my BTC donation.  Is there a link you could give me to top up your donation to 0.1btc ?

Also,  by the looks of it - in order change the chainID we will need to do a fork - not sure if its something we should be doing; what do you guys think?

/koad
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:01:26 PM

its something you should be doing.
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 10:18:35 PM

Yes if a fork is needed it should be planned out and put into action. Merge mining coins need the maintain compatibility among the others. 

koad

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 08:42:38 PM

Yes if a fork is needed it should be planned out and put into action. Merge mining coins need the maintain compatibility among the others. 

Ok then, If anyone else has anything else to say; please don't be shy!  Otherwise I'll start planning the fork in the new year.  I've created an issue on Github ( https://github.com/Canada-eCoin/Canada-eCoin-qt/issues/1 ) to track the outcome.

/koad
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 08:43:49 PM

Ok then, If anyone else has anything else to say; please don't be shy!  Otherwise I'll start planning the fork in the new year.  I've created an issue on Github ( https://github.com/Canada-eCoin/Canada-eCoin-qt/issues/1 ) to track the outcome.

/koad

Great, thanks a lot. Looking forward to adding it to my pool.

Cheers!

Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 08:06:23 PM

/koad

OK for me. Bleutrade must be warned also
aroshi

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:25:27 AM

Should I merge mine or just mine from the Canada E coin pool? I have just dedicated 200mh/s and plan to rent 100-300mh/s more.
koad

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 05:48:53 AM

OK for me. Bleutrade must be warned also

Definitely will have to warn Bleutrade.   

Should I merge mine or just mine from the Canada E coin pool? I have just dedicated 200mh/s and plan to rent 100-300mh/s more.

Its up to you aroshi,  merged mining is always good because you get more value for your spent energies.  Saying that, I would recommend mining on the Canada eCoin pool but that is only because I have a strict bias towards things I am focusing/working on. Wink

P.S. I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Cheesy  We finally got some snow! (Kitchener, Ontario)

/koad
aroshi

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:29:18 AM

I switched to DGC for the next few days, bigger profit right now but I will be expanding soon so I'll dedicate a couple terminators. Cheers from London ON, pretty cool we are pretty close, if your in the neighborhood shoot a pm Smiley
aroshi

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:36:12 AM

Also I think there is a nasty scam or error with block chain, the first few hours I had my miners on the main E-Coin pool only 1 person was under the "recipients" for payment for the blocks I was finding and I assure you if it was me I would have stuck with CDN. I don't like sounding rude and call out a creator on their page but that left me puzzled with there being 4 people mining total only 1 miner gets the reward?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: