Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:29:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Official launch of *BitLotto* at bitlotto.com  (Read 5618 times)
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2011, 03:07:04 AM

I hope one day to pay someone to make a really simple program that can sit in the Bitcoin directory, only READ the blocks, and create a really simple interface for seeing all the lottery accounts,  all entries, and a simple interface to enter the random numbers and find the winner....one day.

I'd be interested in making that program for you, no charge.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitlotto (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2011, 03:31:09 AM

I hope one day to pay someone to make a really simple program that can sit in the Bitcoin directory, only READ the blocks, and create a really simple interface for seeing all the lottery accounts,  all entries, and a simple interface to enter the random numbers and find the winner....one day.

That would be FREAKIN AWESOME! I'll have to pay you some BTC that I have in my name though!

Since you mentioned it I'll share a thought I was thinking:
-the program would be able to verify an official account since it would have a deposit from an older account, having some type of visual cue showing that the account is official would be useful -with the little program the user would be able to quickly see that an account is indeed official and not from someone's fake scam site - just in case someone creates a fake site etc....

THANK YOU!!

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2011, 03:34:05 AM

That would be FREAKIN AWESOME! I'll have to pay you some BTC that I have in my name though!

-the program would be able to verify an official account since it would have a deposit from an older account, having some type of visual cue showing that the account is official would be useful -with the little program the user would be able to quickly see that an account is indeed official and not from someone's fake scam site - just in case someone creates a fake site etc....

THANK YOU!!

If you could write up a specification of how everything should work and what features it should have that would be great. The more descriptive you are the more I can focus on just the programming.
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2011, 04:56:09 AM

THANK YOU!!

If you could write up a specification of how everything should work and what features it should have that would be great. The more descriptive you are the more I can focus on just the programming.

Deal. I'll think about it and reply tomorrow

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2011, 12:43:05 PM

I think for people to trust it with their Bitcoin stuff it would probably be wise to be open source. Since all the information is in blocks there is no need to access their accounts/wallet.
The interface would be pretty simple. One button "Block Location" would open an Open dialogue to pick the folder where the block data is. (The user may copy just the block data to another folder for reading) Then a "Draw Numbers" button. Here you can enter up to but not always 6 numbers. Could be five. Anything over 16 would get reduced as per website.

Then right underneath would be a drop down address bar kind of like a web browser with an "Add" button beside it. (Opens dialogue to enter/paste address) And a "Remove" button.  Left of the address bar would be "BitLotto account:"

If by following the addresses deposit history it traces back to 18dts6fXXA7jVKfYMBpsFqx7iZCELCfDpk you know it's a legitimate official account. And then "Official" would show up a little to the right of the address.

Underneath the address bar is a window with a scrollable grid. Three columns. One labeled "Hash" for transaction hash. Another for "Converted Pick" (Just displaying the hash turned into numbers), and then "Sender". This would show all people who sent in BTC. (The first two transactions can be ignored because they are me moving BTC coin around to make the account official.) If the account is over then at the bottom below the grid will be the winner listed with "Winner" displayed. (It will be first big payout transaction)

Now the user can pick accounts from the drop down address bar and see all entries. If there is a winner it will show. And if the user enters some numbers, the software finds the winner and or winners. It will work even if there already is a winner as the user may want to verify the results!

Hopefully I described it good..

TOR2WEB
JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 09:22:44 PM

So, bitlotto.com is down?

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2011, 09:38:42 PM

So, bitlotto.com is down?

Up for me.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 09:44:56 PM

Yeah, just noticed that it was down a few minutes ago. Seems to be back up now.
I also send a coin their way. Is there a way to see the current number of players for the upcoming draw?

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
khal

Activity: 540

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2011, 09:46:14 PM

Check the balance :
http://blockexplorer.com/address/18dts6fXXA7jVKfYMBpsFqx7iZCELCfDpk

20 BTC : 20 players.
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2011, 04:34:24 AM

Why rely on the Canadian lottery, instead of using some form of cryptographic commitment scheme? Before the round begins choose a random string (a combination of a PRNG with some human-generated entropy will work well) and hash it. Keep it secret, but post a hash of that publicly. When round ends, publish the original hash and use it to find the winner.
All lotteries COULD use computers to get a random number. TRUE randomness is barely understood by many and hard to do and prove without people having doubts how it works. They may think your faking the number or manipulating it. That's why lotteries use balls bouncing in a big drum and balls fall out. Everyone understands it. You don't have to explain that it's not rigged. They see it. Your idea may work for the technical crowd but to be a really successful lottery the part were the winner is picked has to be simple and understood.
It looks like you are under the impression that this suggestion requires you to be trusted. Under some assumptions it does not, and if those assumptions are invalid the method can easily be fixed.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2011, 04:38:48 AM

Why rely on the Canadian lottery, instead of using some form of cryptographic commitment scheme? Before the round begins choose a random string (a combination of a PRNG with some human-generated entropy will work well) and hash it. Keep it secret, but post a hash of that publicly. When round ends, publish the original hash and use it to find the winner.
All lotteries COULD use computers to get a random number. TRUE randomness is barely understood by many and hard to do and prove without people having doubts how it works. They may think your faking the number or manipulating it. That's why lotteries use balls bouncing in a big drum and balls fall out. Everyone understands it. You don't have to explain that it's not rigged. They see it. Your idea may work for the technical crowd but to be a really successful lottery the part were the winner is picked has to be simple and understood.
It looks like you are under the impression that this suggestion requires you to be trusted. Under some assumptions it does not, and if those assumptions are invalid the method can easily be fixed.
See my other thread about BitLotto. I'm working on getting random numbers from the Bitcoin network. I was wrong. Using computers and Bitcoin for the numbers is better than using balls. It's a whole new Lottery and should use the technology available.

TOR2WEB
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2011, 03:53:22 AM

If it keeps up BitLotto is on track to being about 100 BTC with a 1 out of 100 chance of winning!

TOR2WEB
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 12, 2011, 07:00:53 AM

I think this is fine. People can see the 6/49 draw live from anywhere in the world. The results are published across all the web -all the news.

It's a good way to get draw numbers with no way to argue interference.

I'm in for the next 4 draws.

My fingers are crossed!

bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2011, 01:37:59 PM

I think this is fine. People can see the 6/49 draw live from anywhere in the world. The results are published across all the web -all the news.

It's a good way to get draw numbers with no way to argue interference.

I'm in for the next 4 draws.

My fingers are crossed!

Check:
http://bitlotto.com/new.html

It's quite dependable, as to cheat you would essentially have to be able the break the hashes. If that was possible Bitcoin would be in trouble not just BitLotto. This new way is a little more 'international' and quite fitting for Bitcoin I think.

GOOD LUCK! I kind of wish I could enter myself! Would be nice to win 100 BTC. (I won't because if I won, no matter how hard to cheat the system someone would still think I did)

TOR2WEB
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2011, 03:33:57 AM

BitLotto just reached a jackpot of 75 BTC. I'm predicting a jackpot of 120 BTC for the May 4th draw. Good Luck all those who entered!

TOR2WEB
kseistrup

Activity: 566

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2011, 05:52:13 AM

[M]y website should now be up at bitlotto.com.

bitlotto.com doesn't seem to have an A record, and www.bitlotto.com give an NXDOMAIN.  SOA record is dated 2011042901.  Did something change?

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
bitlotto (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2011, 06:08:18 AM

[M]y website should now be up at bitlotto.com.

bitlotto.com doesn't seem to have an A record, and www.bitlotto.com give an NXDOMAIN.  SOA record is dated 2011042901.  Did something change?

Cheers,
Ya, me goofing up trying to switch hosts...

TOR2WEB
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: