Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:32:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coffee farmers getting connected with the individuals who will consume via BTC  (Read 736 times)
CtrlAltBernanke420 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:25:20 AM

Now thats a brilliant idea!

And I'm sure it has been thought of... many times.

Why can coinbase or bitpay or blockchain not be able to front run the implimentation of this model and also tell the government they need a warrant... and or let the shifting landscape takeover and people will need to move beyond the reach of the IRS or other global tax thugs.

I am not necessarily in the camp that thinks taxes are evil. I think I hope consciousness takes over earth magically over my lifetime.

Because this is complete bullshit when you think of it.

How would roads get built if we do not want have a tax revenue?  Huh

Yet at the same time bitcoin will not accomplish its goal connecting merchant to customer if the IRS gets to do whatever they damn please with the threat of taking everything you possess including your freedom to roam as you wish, which is largely illegal, globally. This does not mean impossible.

There are some 200,000 people with NO nation home. Why should they be forced to pay taxes.?

Statelessness is a legal concept describing the lack of any nationality.
It denotes the absence of a recognized link between an individual and any state.
A de jure stateless person is someone who is "not considered as a national by any state under the operation of its law".[1]
A de facto stateless person is someone who is outside the country of his or her nationality and is unable or, for valid reasons, unwilling

to avail himself or herself of the protection of that country.[2] This can be a result of persecution or a consequence of lack of

diplomatic relations between the state of nationality and the state of residence.
Some de jure stateless persons are also refugees, although not all asylum seekers are de jure stateless and not all de jure stateless

persons are refugees. Many stateless persons have never crossed an international border.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
t1000

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:47:27 AM

I was looking to buy some coffee. Roll Eyes

Did you find my posts helpful? Did I say say something nice? Your generosity is much appreciate.
BTC: 1G7chBLoYqGfdyfkrox53yDn6sS65PgFYk
LTC: LiYeFdbv5oxin9S3Wmn4v84LuGZ9nsE4XZ
BBmodBB

Activity: 154

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 03:37:25 AM

we are working on setting this up soon, based out of Long Beach, CA...=)
*pm me your e:mail if you want to help or need coffee!*

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
CtrlAltBernanke420 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:49:38 PM

You grow your own coffee, or you are simply looking to buy coffee with dollars and then roast the beans and sell for bitcoin?
cococoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:47:45 PM

I was looking to buy some coffee. Roll Eyes
I also want to buy some Coffee. Wink Grin Grin
BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 04:04:02 PM

You grow your own coffee, or you are simply looking to buy coffee with dollars and then roast the beans and sell for bitcoin?

I am a horticulturist, so that's not out of the question. I'm working and developing a network where the farmers will send to me on consignment and i will roast and distribute here in The States myself. Bitcoin is an excellent tool for payments in this business model! Also another aspect of the coffee shop/art gallery will be a "sustainable" solar/wind powered bitcoin mining center :-)
*i've been pouring over this idea before bitcoin got big!...(((tbc)))

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 06:48:21 PM

Hint:

1. Make some contacts in one of the Latin American countries where they export coffee, and where capital controls and inflation are a problem. Find largish holders of local currency who want out of their native currency and would prefer to get into Bitcoin and bring them in as underwriters.

2. Use the local currency from the underwriters to pay coffee wholesalers and suppliers, and export the coffee to the US.

3. You don't actually need the US importer to accept Bitcoin, or know anything about it. You can invoice them in USD via Coinvoice.

4. Pass the received bitcoins to the underwriters minus your fee.

5. Repeat as many times as desired.
BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 07:41:43 PM

Hint:

1. Make some contacts in one of the Latin American countries where they export coffee, and where capital controls and inflation are a problem. Find largish holders of local currency who want out of their native currency and would prefer to get into Bitcoin and bring them in as underwriters.

2. Use the local currency from the underwriters to pay coffee wholesalers and suppliers, and export the coffee to the US.

3. You don't actually need the US importer to accept Bitcoin, or know anything about it. You can invoice them in USD via Coinvoice.

4. Pass the received bitcoins to the underwriters minus your fee.

5. Repeat as many times as desired.

that sounds way too complicated! and who needs a middleman? I'm planning a trip down there myself ~ i want to meet the farmers myself and work out a deal where they send me the coffee and i showcase it and distribute it here via our sustainable bitcoin center/cafe!... Then i send them the BTC and they have an exchange for whatever down there! ;-) ~easy!!!

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:55:10 PM

that sounds way too complicated! and who needs a middleman? I'm planning a trip down there myself ~ i want to meet the farmers myself and work out a deal where they send me the coffee and i showcase it and distribute it here via our sustainable bitcoin center/cafe!... Then i send them the BTC and they have an exchange for whatever down there! ;-) ~easy!!!
The difference between the two is not complexity, but volume.

Your way is how you'd involve bitcoin in a trivial amount of international commerce.

The way I described is how you're start moving a single shipping container at a time and eventually scale up to the entire ship.
BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 08:04:35 PM

The difference between the two is not complexity, but volume.

Your way is how you'd involve bitcoin in a trivial amount of international commerce.

The way I described is how you're start moving a single shipping container at a time and eventually scale up to the entire ship.

Long Beach is like one of the biggest ports around, plus i have a vast network already in place! I'd like to keep it small to start and focus on quality not volume...Also balance it with other things at the center such as mining projects and other workshops to get peeps in the local community involved. ;-)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: