Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:16:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are altcoins important?  (Read 3030 times)
Wahyuihib

Activity: 600
Merit: 10

Rexx

View Profile
August 16, 2023, 10:38:47 AM

I agree with your opinion which is to buy cheap and sell it quickly when it feels profitable.  however this only applies to new coins mate.  but if you invest in the top 5 coins, long-term investment will be very profitable

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ B I O K R I P T ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  Ultra-Fast Crypto Exchange on Solana Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2128
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 16, 2023, 12:47:48 PM

In the past 5-7 years, I have encountered various types of market movements and have had quite a few unpleasant experiences. My perspective is that one should focus on trading the coins with a good trading volume and always maintain control over greed. Setting excessively ambitious targets should be avoided. It's better to set achievable targets that reduce your risk factor and increase the chances of profit, and if we hold onto coins for a longer period, especially during a bear market, it can be advantageous. Bear markets offer more opportunities compared to bull markets. In conclusion, it's advisable not to engage in extensive long-term planning. Instead, a short-term approach to buying and selling should be adopted. For the long term, Bitcoin and Ethereum are suitable, while other coins are better suited for short-term goals. Altcoins become significant because they are more affordable than BTC and tend to have higher returns on investment in the short term, although they come with increased risk. Nevertheless, many people rely on Altcoins for trading, aligning with their financial capacity.

darewaller

Activity: 2842
Merit: 639

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
August 16, 2023, 03:32:06 PM

Scam, death both have in altcoins market so why you want investing altcoins?
My opinion buy dip and sold faster on some profits like to be best revenge for all altcoins investors!
What's your skills and opinion? 
in my view Altcoins can influence the broader market dynamics of cryptocurrencies. Changes in the value, popularity, or technology of altcoins can impact market sentiment and even affect Bitcoin's price. Additionally, altcoins provide alternative trading opportunities for cryptocurrency traders.
I'm sure altcoins will have no effect on the bitcoin price. For me, altcoins are like a kind of testing ground for experiments. Each new altcoin created brings positive changes.
Usually it was the Bitcoin who can affect the altcoin the most, not the other way around. Before a new altcoin is released, developers needs to test it first or they can do an experiment but after it, they can deploy the project in its final state. Bitcoin is already a finished product so they can't experiment on it anymore but I heard that some experts are experimenting something which can then be used in Bitcoin to make Bitcoin more functional.

It sounds interesting and if it's a success, it could surely attract more people in Bitcoin. Not all new altcoins are useful but many of them are only a scam. They only bring negative changes in the market.

Xal0lex
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2462

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2023, 04:15:57 PM

I don't see ETH becoming a scam due to increased centralization, rather it will become more controlled and subject to regulators. This would result in the end user having their coins censored and blocked at any time for political or other reasons. This is definitely not good for cryptocurrencies in terms of their fundamental properties. For speculators and traders it will not turn into anything, they don't care what they trade with, no matter if it is centralized or decentralized coin. The main thing is to have volatility.
Should ordinary users be afraid of blocked coins?  Will the developers bother to search for people who have, say, 0.5 ether coins? Is there some reasonable value between the search costs and the amount of coins on the wallet?

In cryptocurrency, you need to take into account all the risks and be prepared for certain consequences. Let's be honest, many people, when faced with some stories of blocking and scams, think that this will definitely not happen to them and they will be smarter and more cunning in such situations. Can this behavior be considered self-deception or complacency, when you can't know for sure whose coins might be blocked next time? It is impossible to be 100% prepared for this, as we don't know the whole methodology of blocking, but you should always be ready for it. These are cryptocurrencies, anything can happen here and to anyone.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
dlightag

Activity: 517
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 16, 2023, 07:57:58 PM

Cryptocurrency market is a something that has to set target to sell, while holding on the alt-coins, because every entry point of buying is important for profit returns investment or trading, so have to set up a good strategy and is important in alt-coins.
Natalim

Activity: 2954
Merit: 592

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
August 16, 2023, 09:52:32 PM

Usually it was the Bitcoin who can affect the altcoin the most, not the other way around. Before a new altcoin is released, developers needs to test it first or they can do an experiment but after it, they can deploy the project in its final state. Bitcoin is already a finished product so they can't experiment on it anymore but I heard that some experts are experimenting something which can then be used in Bitcoin to make Bitcoin more functional.

It sounds interesting and if it's a success, it could surely attract more people in Bitcoin. Not all new altcoins are useful but many of them are only a scam. They only bring negative changes in the market.
Market development had to keep going, many experiments had come on and so many new projects have been born as well. But it was not the thing we need here in the crypto space in order to become known and functional because what we need is a project that will help to improve and very helpful to the community, not these projects that only will ruin the crypto market.
What I mean is that we only need a few coins that represent crypto. We have plenty of it now and we don't need more but developers still making more and it become a scam. We're not making good but instead, we are getting worse.

kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1117

View Profile
August 16, 2023, 09:59:05 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2023, 10:09:07 PM by kawetsriyanto

Should ordinary users be afraid of blocked coins?  Will the developers bother to search for people who have, say, 0.5 ether coins? Is there some reasonable value between the search costs and the amount of coins on the wallet?
I don't really understand about "blocked coins" you mean here. But if an altcoins looks too risky and have weak fundamentals, kindly avoid to invest in them. There are too many altcoins, why we must risk our money too unconvincing altcoins. You must be aware that most people only suggest to invest in top altcoins only (those altcoins with strong fundamentals and have high market caps). Ethereum is one of the altcoins with a strong fundamentals and it has the highest market caps on an altcoin.

Anyway, what do you mean by "search costs"?  Huh

well, altcoin is not just one coin, but there are so many alternative coins that exist. however, I also have the opinion that most of the altcoins are very risky, and the worst risk is a scam.
Those coins that are created other than Bitcoins, they are called as altcoins. So, we can imagine ourselves how many altcoins existed so far.

Since altcoins are more volatile than Bitcoin, surely altcoins are riskier. But its higher volatility makes them to have a potential of bigger profits. It is actually the reason why people wants to invest in altcoins.

sulendra12

Activity: 2842
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 16, 2023, 10:06:29 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2023, 01:33:39 AM by sulendra12

So many mainstream medias recommending altcoins because they offer 5x profit from your initial investments and solely they are looking forward to invest in altcoins just for the profit and money.
So does with the developers as well, they also want money so you can see most of the new altcoins out there are just similar and they bring nothing new to the crypto world and after that it's their time to scam you and run away.

My opinion buy dip and sold faster on some profits like to be best revenge for all altcoins investors!
It's easier to said than done, yet so many people struggles to find the "best" price to invest until today.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Gallar

Activity: 658
Merit: 322

View Profile
August 17, 2023, 04:18:51 AM

Although many altcoins end up as scams or scams. But altcoins have always had their own charm to attract investors. Because even though altcoins are indeed centralized and the liquidity of the altcoins purchased can be taken by the creators of the coins. But as far as I know, there are also many investors who have big profits from trading altcoins. Because altcoins sometimes experience market price increases of more than 100%, or commonly called pumping. So that's why there are always many investors in crypto who want to buy and trade or invest in altcoins.
Yes, I agree with your opinion OP. I personally also sometimes do techniques like that. Because the technique you suggest is a technique that is commonly used by crypto traders, when trading in the short term. But besides the techniques you mentioned, to be safer when investing or trading in altcoins, it's better to buy altcoins that have a top 10 or 15 rating. Because in terms of quality, in terms of trust and in terms of security it will definitely be better. And besides that, if you buy altcoins that are ranked below the top 15, even if we want to do hodl, it will be safer. But even so, all of that cannot guarantee absolutely certain security, because as we know altcoins are centralized. So basically, if you want to start investing or trading in crypto, never be careless and have to learn all the knowledge first. In order to minimize losses that might befall.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Sheki Sander

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2023, 05:47:48 AM

I think, to maximize profits in the crypto market, it is crucial to prioritize investing in important altcoins. Not only can investors benefit from altcoins, but many traders have also experienced significant gains through them. With numerous top altcoins available in the market, it becomes evident that altcoins hold great significance for crypto users.
miruha333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 17, 2023, 06:39:12 AM

well, altcoin is not just one coin, but there are so many alternative coins that exist. however, I also have the opinion that most of the altcoins are very risky, and the worst risk is a scam. However, the thing that keeps people investing in altcoins is that they still provide huge returns, especially for altcoins that are really developing. Even though memecoin is basically a coin that has almost no value, there are still quite a lot of people investing in it. it's because of profit matters.
People invest in altcoins and memtocoins with the sole purpose of making significant profits in a short time. However, there are significant risks of losing all investments in these cases. I personally do not favour such high-risk investments, so instead, I only keep assets that have been tried and tested in my wallet.
Adreman23

Activity: 1366
Merit: 107

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
August 17, 2023, 06:42:11 AM

In my view, altcoins hold significance as some, like Ethereum, have achieved success. Those who believed in and held onto them from the beginning were fortunate. This might be the aspect that other investors are pursuing – not just immediate gains, but a sincere belief that the altcoins they've invested in will ultimately prosper, akin to Ethereum and other leading altcoins.

AliDeep

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 17, 2023, 06:48:33 AM

In my view, altcoins hold significance as some, like Ethereum, have achieved success. Those who believed in and held onto them from the beginning were fortunate. This might be the aspect that other investors are pursuing – not just immediate gains, but a sincere belief that the altcoins they've invested in will ultimately prosper, akin to Ethereum and other leading altcoins.

Some of the altcoins are so prospective. But not all of them. Many altcoins become scams and do not have any practical use at all.
SharonC

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 17, 2023, 08:48:46 AM

Well, I buy altcoins only for short-terms. Purchase when its bear market, sell when it's bull market. I think it's the best formula
Alpha Marine

Activity: 574
Merit: 287

View Profile
August 17, 2023, 04:36:47 PM

Altcoins are so important, they are the only things keeping that keeps the crypto space market going. Imagine if it was to be only Bitcoin? How many people would be able to afford owning a single unit of Bitcoin. Altcoins came into play and the market was open for new projects and thousands of Altcoins was introduced. Lot of people have made more money from Altcoins than Bitcoin, it has given Bitcoin the run of its life. The best thing that happened to the crypto market space is the introduction of Altcoins every single day.

On the contrary, I feel altcoins may have hindered the growth of Bitcoin. The only thing that altcoins have added to the growth of Bitcoin is popularity. A lot of these altcoins invest a lot in marketing and in that people become aware of crypto.
But then look at the disadvantages, these people are attracted to these altcoins and they most likely lose their money and what they do next is write off crypto as a scam.
The people out there that are attacking crypto as a scam today are doing so because of altcoins.
If Bitcoin was the only cryptocurrency, it would have gained a lot of trust and the crypto community would have grown way more than this.

Let's not even talk about how superior Bitcoin is to every other coin when it comes to privacy and decentralization.
Altcoins can make you rich overnight (that's if you're lucky enough and early enough) but in the long run it's not worth the risk.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 12:17:17 PM

Before new features are added to the Bitcoin blockchain, developers test them on altcoins. These coins are usually cheaper than BTC, making them a great way to test the Blockchain's true capabilities without "breaking the bank". If we didn't have altcoins, then Bitcoin would've been flooded with too many transactions from people around the world. Not to mention, it wouldve been difficult to test out new features without breaking the main chain. The more altcoins there are, the better for Bitcoin.

I wouldn't say Bitcoin is "a finished product", as there's always room for improvement. The code is open source, anyways. Developers will keep working on BTC to make it the best money in the world. Who knows if some altcoins become adopted by mainstream governments just like Bitcoin? Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
miruha333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 12:40:50 PM

In my opinion, those who create projects now fall into two groups. The first group are those who aim for quality and anticipate the future. On the other hand, the second group is simply after making quick profits and hiding away. Therefore, it seems that the second group is more common.
MundoCoin
Copper Member

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2023, 11:46:05 PM

Innovative altcoins will be potential stars, while altcoins that are simply copied and pasted mean nothing!
When a coin introduces a completely new technology that fulfils a different function and is sustainable in the long term, then that coin has the potential to be a worthwhile investment!
aseprebel

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

cogwise.io

View Profile
August 19, 2023, 06:19:32 AM

Innovative altcoins will be potential stars, while altcoins that are simply copied and pasted mean nothing!
When a coin introduces a completely new technology that fulfils a different function and is sustainable in the long term, then that coin has the potential to be a worthwhile investment!
There are also altcoins with unclear purposes and benefits, or even those used purely for speculation. This can pose a high risk, as the value of such altcoins can be extremely volatile and influenced by market trends and sentiment. it's important to conduct in-depth research before investing or participating in an altcoin project. Understanding the underlying technology, the development team, real-world use cases, and market trends are key to avoiding potential scams and financial losses. While some altcoins have genuine value and benefits, exercising caution and considering investments wisely remains crucial.

AliDeep

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 19, 2023, 06:34:48 AM

A lot depends on what technology and product offer the altcoin. There are so many different altcoins that do not have any useful technology or product. If altcoin does not have any practical use it will not be used in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: