Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:16:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MUN] Muniti: First touristic cryptocurrency - X11, D2D - Multi-algo soon  (Read 120435 times)
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:15:25 PM

make sure to use the fastest minerd fitting to your cpu.

forexample if you have a modern intel PC CPU ( i7 ) use  minerd-corei7-avx.exe
to really get the best out of your CPU.

There should be a readme you can see which one to choose best
virtualrealityau

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:16:51 PM

Wallet installed fantastically, thanks.
.. but the CPU miner did not, what am I supposed to do, I unzip it and nothing happens.
Are there some install instructions somewhere?

Thanks

Please try to download from here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?279eu20g9iijig0

I was told by someone else here, I will need to create a batch file with some details and execute that.
I have never installed a miner before so I got no idea what I'm doing :-) .. but I really want to mine this coin for some reason.

Anyway, thanks for the link, I downloaded and ran miners-bdver1 .. assuming thats the right one, but I get an error when i run it.
HTTP failed: Failed connect to 127.0.0.1:9332; No error and then
json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds.

Will creating that batch file in the same folder as the miner executable fix this?

Thanks again

radi324 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Muniti creator

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:18:24 PM

I am literally overwhelmed with private messages and emails right now. I'll be replying to every single one of them soon. Bounties will be paid out tomorrow as promised. In the meantime, check out the other bounties which are still available.

[MUN] Muniti - Malta's National Cryptocurrency - http://www.muniticoin.com/

Bitcointalk thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=545886.0
drr0ss

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:19:49 PM

Configuration r9 280x

Should to work

@echo off
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
del /q *.bin
timeout /t 2
COLOR 0A
sgminer -k darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://pool:poolPort -u your_worker -p worker_pass -I 19 -g 1 -w 64 --gpu-engine 1100,1100 --gpu-memclock 1500,1500 --api-listen --api-network --api-allow xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xx --api-port 4028 --temp-cutoff 90 --temp-overheat 85 --temp-target 69 --auto-fan --gpu-powertune 5 --no-submit-stale
pause

sph-sgminer darkcoin kernel
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0

Configuration is not mandatory, fill free to experiment Wink

any reason for I19 ? bcause on most tutorials they are mentioning I13

To all, please use the readme files in minerer before asking anything. Smiley

virtualrealityau

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:23:11 PM

make sure to use the fastest minerd fitting to your cpu.

forexample if you have a modern intel PC CPU ( i7 ) use  minerd-corei7-avx.exe
to really get the best out of your CPU.

There should be a readme you can see which one to choose best

Thanks for the advice, I will need to investigate this further.. just wondering .. for this coin, is it worth cpu mining if theres gpu mining available?
burningzoul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:26:13 PM

good launch!congrats
gadado

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:27:51 PM

I was told by someone else here, I will need to create a batch file with some details and execute that.
I have never installed a miner before so I got no idea what I'm doing :-) .. but I really want to mine this coin for some reason.

Anyway, thanks for the link, I downloaded and ran miners-bdver1 .. assuming thats the right one, but I get an error when i run it.

Will creating that batch file in the same folder as the miner executable fix this?

Thanks again

You can't just execute the exe. You have to pass parameter to that exe to what pool you want to connect and that's what you do with the .bat file.
127.0.0.1 is your local IP or in simpler words your own PC. This you can only use if you solo mine (you have to start the wallte before and create a config for it) which is already impossible to do. You will never find a block.

My advice check out some pools some have good GetStarted helps.

But more importand. Be very carefully what you download and execute. It's really extremly dangerous in the crypto world. You can not trust anyone.
Always check the wallets with: https://www.virustotal.com

vlax352

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:32:27 PM

Runing a little late, but  http://benchcryptopools.myvnc.com/muniti/public/ is up and running, sorry for delay
MineP.it

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:32:42 PM

Apologies for that - we had some issues in the beginning but it should all be working correctly now.

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
gadado

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:33:27 PM

Thanks for the advice, I will need to investigate this further.. just wondering .. for this coin, is it worth cpu mining if theres gpu mining available?

A standard R290x does 2.5Mhash on X11
My 6 core i7 CPU with 10 threads runs at 670kHash

It's ok but you can't get a lot with a CPU the GPU has a clear advantage here.
Unfortunatly there are hardly any CPU only coins anymore so you don't have much alternative.
Anthropolis

Activity: 84

Marine Corps, BA & AA Degrees, Hacker, Lover

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:37:27 PM

Unfortunatly there are hardly any CPU only coins anymore so you don't have much alternative.

Hi bro what I are you using? And Engine speed? I'm not getting more than 2.1 Mhash out of my 280x's. Thanks Smiley

◄█▒░ATOMIC TRADE!░▒█►║◄█▒░CLOUD MINING!░▒█►
coine_smithe

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:38:16 PM

Hi bro what I are you using? And Engine speed? I'm not getting more than 2.1 Mhash out of my 280x's. Thanks Smiley

I have a 280X and that's about what I'm getting too. This guy says he has a 290X not sure if you missed that.
SanHolo

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:38:16 PM

But more importand. Be very carefully what you download and execute. It's really extremly dangerous in the crypto world. You can not trust anyone.

Thats a good and a bad advice for a total newbie Smiley

No matter which miner he's going to scans, virustotal will find at least 5 false positives. So every miner looks dangerous.
Just make sure to download the miner from the official announce threads / official posts. Those should be safe.
Anthropolis

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:41:12 PM

Pool working great Smiley I'm getting 0% rejects which is nice to see that I got my miners figured out for once hehe. By the way, I set a 5% donation for making a shitty comment to ya yesterday sorry 'bout that, was mad at the world during that CWC launch yesterday.

virtualrealityau

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:41:17 PM

Thanks again

You can't just execute the exe. You have to pass parameter to that exe to what pool you want to connect and that's what you do with the .bat file.
127.0.0.1 is your local IP or in simpler words your own PC. This you can only use if you solo mine (you have to start the wallte before and create a config for it) which is already impossible to do. You will never find a block.

My advice check out some pools some have good GetStarted helps.

Right, thanks for the tip and helping out a real n00b :-)  is it worth cpu mining when there's already gpu ?

So I assume i should join a pool and figure out how to use xcoin miners. right?

Any suggestions what to read or which pool to join to best learn cpu mining?

I really appreciate your help btw, this crypto world is the wild west :-)
I'm using a computer with nothing on it just to do the mining, and I only installed the software listed here so far, but yes, virus scans too.

Thanks again.

gadado

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:42:08 PM

Thats a good and a bad advice for a total newbie Smiley

No matter which miner he's going to scans, virustotal will find at least 5 false positives. So every miner looks dangerous.
Just make sure to download the miner from the official announce threads / official posts. Those should be safe.

thats why i spoke about wallets only Wink
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:43:52 PM

Any pools wishing to open up a Muniti pool, please feel free to contact me. Well done and thanks to all those pool operators who managed to get their pool working rapidly, seeing as how I sent the source-code to them at 19:59:50. Special thanks to ocminer who was the fastest of them all and the last one to receive the source code. Happy mining everyone! Time for us to move on to the next steps.

Thanks for the great launch folks, finally a fun launch again :-)

I always start pools with 0% as you never know if everything goes straight or if problems arise.

I'll let it run at 0% for the next 24h and bump it up to the standard 1% fee then.

Of course please spread the hash also to the other pools and message me or post here when problems arise.

Thanks & Happy Mining !

oc (https://mun.suprnova.cc)

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Anthropolis

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:46:34 PM

I have a 280X and that's about what I'm getting too. This guy says he has a 290X not sure if you missed that.
Ohh oops you're right I missed. Damn AMD and their names haha. Ok all is good. Just for reference if anyone has these:
I have the Gigabyte 280x "Windforce" Rev 2 (with the black board) and they get about 715 Khash on scrypt.
I spent a couple months finding good settings for these, and I find they are best with
Engine - 1013 exactly, Memory - 1499 or 1500 not 1 more than 1500, and usually I 13, and I use powertune -25% with my modded bios, you could use -20%. Hope it helps someone!

filipe3x

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:47:49 PM

gadado

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:50:54 PM

Right, thanks for the tip and helping out a real n00b :-)  is it worth cpu mining when there's already gpu ?

So I assume i should join a pool and figure out how to use xcoin miners. right?

Any suggestions what to read or which pool to join to best learn cpu mining?

I really appreciate your help btw, this crypto world is the wild west :-)
I'm using a computer with nothing on it just to do the mining, and I only installed the software listed here so far, but yes, virus scans too.

Thanks again.

You are welcome but i have to go now.

Just try reading the get started info of a few pools.  Any pool.  Sometimes you find links you can follow.

And if you find one with an IRC chatt then the best you can do is to go in there say you are new and ask for some help. That's what this chatts are good for.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: