Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:50:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting comments on my new YouTube videos  (Read 273 times)
Aanuoluwatofunmi

Activity: 574
Merit: 409

View Profile
July 17, 2023, 08:03:09 PM

this will include general basic education on Bitcoin, and also guidance and experiences of running a full node in a campervan

This is a good idea and it will really work out because it has the best to give out to the people on the aspect of bitcoin discussion in general and this will be more reliable than other online channels whose content couldn't be trusted to deliver upto the desired expectations, you are a good representation of the forum because you will give out the best being a genuine member of the forum.

but I need to make some general videios first, and I thouugh I might open those on the serious discussion board. Do you think this is the best approach?

There's nothing bad in that, as long as it has nothing to hinder the quality to what you're giving out on serious discussion or the YouTube channel, all that is more needed is the idea being passed across to the targeted audience and to ensure a full delivery of them all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Synchronice

Activity: 840
Merit: 766

Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim

View Profile
July 17, 2023, 08:09:14 PM
Merited by LoyceV (12), Jet Cash (5)

As I have already posted, I'm in the throes of creating a new YouTube channel, and I want to include a variety of topics in this. Amongst others, this will include general basic education on Bitcoin, and also guidance and experiences of running a full node in a campervan. I'm so far way from conventional attitudes and beliefs, that I would appreciate some help from you guys. I can't even decide if I should shave off my beard for example. Obviously I want to appeal to as wide an audience as possible, but then I'm not prepared to compromise my beliefs and attitudes.
I've started this thread in Meta, as I'm not sure which board to use to solicit opinions. My thoughts are that Bitcoin specific videos should go on the discussion board, but I need to make some general videios first, and I thouugh I might open those on the serious discussion board. Do you think this is the best approach?
Cool! I think I can really give you some good advice because this is a thing that I started a year ago and slowly is generating some profit. These are no ordinary advices, believe me.
1. Light is the number one thing you have to take care of when you start filming, invest in good lighting and background, this way you'll make yourself appear cooler and more handsome.
2. Work on your self-confidence, try to fake it in your head and then express it to the audience, this way it will really look natural. Your face, your voice your facial expressions should outshine confidence.
3. Lens are more important than cameras. Invest in good lenses, they can make you look even more attractive. I don't know your budget, you may plan to take videos with iPhone or with other smartphone but if you plan to buy camera, the most affordable and quality one right now is Sony A6400, have a look at Sigma lens. If your budget allows, go with Sony A7III and with some good Sigma lens.
4. You need good microphone too, I suggest you to buy Rode microphone but if you are on a budget, check BOYA microphones.

I remember you are an old person (just numbers). I really like it when I see energetic old men, full of life and energy! I think you know how to plan and organize what you want to say in videos, I just wish you all the best.
Reply me or type @Synchronice if you have any questions.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Rruchi man
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1082

View Profile
July 17, 2023, 08:18:08 PM

I can't even decide if I should shave off my beard for example. Obviously I want to appeal to as wide an audience as possible, but then I'm not prepared to compromise my beliefs and attitudes.
I believe for your audience, focus should be more on the knowledge you are trying to pass and not your beards. But looks can matter especially in the public eye for marketing.

Since it is a YT channel you want to start, it means you are in it for a long time and will make more videos, To first attract and keep your audience, you have to look marketable first before they realize the quality of your content and no longer care how you look even when the beards are later grown as they are now.

Some grooming and possibly trimming can work, so you can have a wide audience as subscribers first and quickly until it becomes established.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2023, 07:35:42 AM

@Synchronice

Thanks for your comments, and they are all sensible for someone with a conventional lifestyle. However, I have different difficulties. For example, filming will probably be on the beach, in a nature park, or more frequently, in a supermarket cafe. I don't have much control over lighting, other than my position and direction of course. Sound is more of a problem, and I'll probably make a portable anechoic chamber for the microphone. I've got a lot of camera equipment, but most of it is a few years old.  For example, a Sony HDR-CX405, a Fujifilm bridge camera and a DJI drone. I've also got a Blue Yeti microphone. Money is not really a problem, but I need to know what I need before I spend it. All I plan to buy at the moment is a pop filter for the microphone. I'm using a Huawei i5 notebook, and the 1080 video doesn't look too bad. The sound is rubbish, so I'm pleased that I've got the Yeti. I'll start with free software, and I've installed OBS studio, and Audacity while I am learning.

I've been doing a lot of reading, and I've become interested in YouTube shorts. I rejected them at first, but YouTube seems to be changing its policy, and I suspect they will become more important in the near future. They are unlikely to make any money, but it should be osiible to use them to build authority and views for longer videos. My channel is called "Offgrid Camper" which is perhaps a localised misnomer - Campervan is a UK term for the mode international "RV". I registered the domain name RVshorts.com to use as a library for my shorts videos, and to try to pick up some extra traffic. I grabbed it last night, so it's only got some RV advertising on it at the moment. I'll sort out the hosting in a few days when I decide which CMS to use. I'm in Asda at the moment, which is not the best place to make videos. There is lots of ambient noise, no power, and only 3 hours parking. I'll go to Sainsbury's or Morrison's a bit later, and either of those will be more comfortable. I want to knock out some quick shorts for you guys to criticise, and I'll put them on RV shorts rather than YouTube at first. I thought that I would exploit my age, and aim the shorts at "senior citizens" who are frightened ot Bitcoin, thin it is a scam or ponzi, or just don't believe they could ever understand it. I've got some ideas that I could put over in under a minute.

My greatest difficulty is that I don't like modern films or videos. I hate background music, morbidly obese felt animals, and people making stupid faces. Those seem to be present in many videos and thumbnails at the moment. I don't like the modern trend to use staccato filming with jerking between unrelated images. Content educators seem to think this is good, and keeps viewers locked in to a fast paced video. The only fast pace for me, is getting the mouse to the back button. All of this leads me to believe that my videos are unlikely to go viral, but hopefully it will allow me to attract a small following of older viewers. I've had a lot of interest in my campaign to save old cars from people of all ages, and those people have got the money to start savings wallets for Bitcoin. Bitcoin would also be a great medium of exchange for buying and selling cars.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Synchronice

Activity: 840
Merit: 766

Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim

View Profile
July 18, 2023, 09:54:30 AM

@Synchronice

Thanks for your comments, and they are all sensible for someone with a conventional lifestyle. However, I have different difficulties. For example, filming will probably be on the beach, in a nature park, or more frequently, in a supermarket cafe. I don't have much control over lighting, other than my position and direction of course.
Beach is a problem, not really a good place to record video, I think you'll have to spend a lot of time with choosing Adobe Premiere Pro Luts.
But Café is really a good idea. If I were you, I would choose Café with dark interior and would negotiate with them to allow me to come with my own light setup.
By the way, what I'm telling probably looks like a pro way of doing things, idk, I'm just like that Cheesy

I've got a lot of camera equipment, but most of it is a few years old.  For example, a Sony HDR-CX405, a Fujifilm bridge camera and a DJI drone. I've also got a Blue Yeti microphone. Money is not really a problem, but I need to know what I need before I spend it. All I plan to buy at the moment is a pop filter for the microphone. I'm using a Huawei i5 notebook, and the 1080 video doesn't look too bad. The sound is rubbish, so I'm pleased that I've got the Yeti. I'll start with free software, and I've installed OBS studio, and Audacity while I am learning.
I have Sony A7III with TAMRON 28-75 2.8 lens. Camera was used, lens were new, paid around 1900 euro.
This is my favourite sample video of my equipment (not my channel): SONY a7III + TAMRON 28-75 2.8 (LOWLIGHT TEST)
My Tamron lens has two version, G1 and G2. I bought G1. G2 was 2 times more expensive and the difference between these two in sharpness was very minimal. Sometimes you have to dig deep to not spend a lot of money Cheesy

You think to use Huawei i5 notebook to record videos? I'm kinda confused here, it will not really provide good videos. Can you show me the sample of some videos that you want your content to look like? The content of channel doesn't matter, just show me the sample of video you want your videos to look like.

I've been doing a lot of reading, and I've become interested in YouTube shorts. I rejected them at first, but YouTube seems to be changing its policy, and I suspect they will become more important in the near future. They are unlikely to make any money, but it should be osiible to use them to build authority and views for longer videos.
Nowadays it's very unlikely to make any money from youtube. If you want to make money, you should monetize your traffic, you shouldn't expect to earn anything from clicks on advertisements. You should sell product with the help of your channel to earn anything.
Youtube shorts are definitely a good idea, not only youtube but I think you should post your videos on TikTok too.

I registered the domain name RVshorts.com to use as a library for my shorts videos, and to try to pick up some extra traffic. I grabbed it last night, so it's only got some RV advertising on it at the moment. I'll sort out the hosting in a few days when I decide which CMS to use.
You can easily pick wordpress. I think it will be good if you check this website: themeforest.net. Tons of professional templates, this will also help you to decide which CMS to choose.

My greatest difficulty is that I don't like modern films or videos. I hate background music, morbidly obese felt animals, and people making stupid faces.
Well, the type of content I watch, doesn't include those things Cheesy Except background music which sometimes is really necessary.

I want to knock out some quick shorts for you guys to criticise, and I'll put them on RV shorts rather than YouTube at first. I thought that I would exploit my age, and aim the shorts at "senior citizens" who are frightened ot Bitcoin, thin it is a scam or ponzi, or just don't believe they could ever understand it. I've got some ideas that I could put over in under a minute.
You can also upload youtube video and make it unlisted. This way, only people who have your link will see the video.
By the way, if  you want to aim at senior citizens, what about to try podcast? Invite senior citizens, talk with them about Bitcoin. Idk, there are a lot of options out there.
Don't get shy with your age, are you afraid that people are gonna criticize you or what? I think your age will have a very positive effect if that concern you. Btw what people think is the least thing you have to worry about. Just do whatever you want to do without harming others, if you fail, at least you gain experience and you may change your attitude or try something different. 'What will people say' was stopping me for years and I'm never going to return back to that mindset. I tried and everything went well, so...

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀