Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:38:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What will be the outcome of this fight?
A. Regis Prograis KO/TKO
B. Regis Prograis decision
C. Devin Haney KO/TKO
D. Devin Haney decision
E. Draw

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxing: Regis Prograis vs Devin Haney (9th of December)  (Read 1613 times)
cryptomaniac_xxx

Activity: 1498
Merit: 566

View Profile
December 21, 2023, 09:01:23 PM

And with that, as champion, Matias has been in the radar now, and for sure next year there will be some sort of unification fight at 140 lbs as there are a lot of big names in this division, including Keyshawn Davis putting his name in the mix.

As per Haney, negotiation is ongoing for a fight with Ryan Garcia which coincides with what Ryan brags on his social media account. Haney is not keen on a unification fight, he wants a money fight which I think Ryan Garcia will give as the latter is famous online. Though on paper, Garcia will be the huge underdog here but with his newfound defensive strategy I think he can handle and may defeat Haney if those power bombs would land on Haney's body and chin.

It will be good if Garcia vs Haney happen. But let's see if Dela Hoya will put Garcia right away with Haney. They just had to cherry pick Duarte to make Garcia great in his first fight in this division. I do agree though, money fight will be a fight with Garcia as we all know that already.

Haney has a lot of options, cement his legacy or go for big paycheck.

Teo Lopez is also waiting, that's also a great fight. Or even a Romero, to get his belt and unify.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
inthelongrun (OP)

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
December 22, 2023, 09:00:16 AM

And with that, as champion, Matias has been in the radar now, and for sure next year there will be some sort of unification fight at 140 lbs as there are a lot of big names in this division, including Keyshawn Davis putting his name in the mix.

As per Haney, negotiation is ongoing for a fight with Ryan Garcia which coincides with what Ryan brags on his social media account. Haney is not keen on a unification fight, he wants a money fight which I think Ryan Garcia will give as the latter is famous online. Though on paper, Garcia will be the huge underdog here but with his newfound defensive strategy I think he can handle and may defeat Haney if those power bombs would land on Haney's body and chin.

Haney will just destroy the future of Ryan Garcia in boxing. If Ryan will agree on this fight, that means he believe in himself that he can beat Haney which I believe he only has 20% chance of winning, or even less. Of course, we never know the outcome, but I believe it's not right to be aggressive as his value is at stake here, if he losses, his value will drop and the kind of emotional effect that will leave on him, and knowing that he had gone through mental struggle in the past, that might result to ending his career early in boxing.

It's just really hard to imagine how Ryan Garcia or the version of his last fight can beat Haney. It will be a complete massacre. Ryan's previous awkward Phelly Shell only worked against a super slow blown-up lightweight but that will be an easy target for a very quick and strong opponent like Haney.

It will be good if Garcia vs Haney happen. But let's see if Dela Hoya will put Garcia right away with Haney. They just had to cherry pick Duarte to make Garcia great in his first fight in this division. I do agree though, money fight will be a fight with Garcia as we all know that already.

Haney has a lot of options, cement his legacy or go for big paycheck.

Teo Lopez is also waiting, that's also a great fight. Or even a Romero, to get his belt and unify.

I am still doubtful about Ryan's willingness to fight Haney. So I will only believe this when it's official. I believe this is the last fight for Ryan under GBP and obviously, he is not going to re-sign. So Oscar and BHop would love to promote a big fight and then seeing Ryan getting destroyed is a win for them as well. If this fight materialized I would be very curious about Ryan's team and who is at the top making advice. It could be Derrick James, his new coach. He or his team is probably paid by either Matchroom or GBP or even by Bill Haney for this suicide fight.

Haney is with Matchroom and most of the big names of the division are at Top Rank and a few at PBC so it will be hard on what's next for him. Prograis was the only other big name at Matchroom. GBP is with DAZN as well so a Ryan Garcia fight is much easier to make. The IBF champ Matias has the least fanbase of all champions so PBC could let him fight on any network. But lineal and WBO champ Teofimo and WBA champion Rolly will be hard to deal with since they are main-event fighters in their networks.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
December 22, 2023, 11:13:10 AM

^^ There could be barriers, but I think if this manager and boxers wanted to get a huge paycheck, they will have to work with each other. Sho is no longer there, so DAZN should make everyone comfortable now as they could be the only network that can broadcast good fight.

And this is why the criticism about boxing in the last 10 years or so that it is dead as the promoters and network affiliations are the ones killing it.

But if they wanted to make money, for sure there are some middle ground that they can do so that we can witnesses good fight that fans wanted, not like exhibition or cherry pick fights.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
bisdak40

Activity: 2268
Merit: 547

View Profile
December 22, 2023, 11:38:02 AM

^^ There could be barriers, but I think if this manager and boxers wanted to get a huge paycheck, they will have to work with each other. Sho is no longer there, so DAZN should make everyone comfortable now as they could be the only network that can broadcast good fight.

And this is why the criticism about boxing in the last 10 years or so that it is dead as the promoters and network affiliations are the ones killing it.

But if they wanted to make money, for sure there are some middle ground that they can do so that we can witnesses good fight that fans wanted, not like exhibition or cherry pick fights.

Bottom line, boxing politics sucks. They prevent us from watching boxers fight on their primes vs another championship caliber boxer.

As what i have read and understood, Haney and Ryan Garcia is in the negotiation table per both boxers, hope they were saying the truth. If materializes, Haney vs Garcia could be a blockbuster as needless to say that Garcia has a lot of followers, though winning against Haney is a slim possibility but the money will pour on this fight, that's for sure.
TravelMug

Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

View Profile
December 22, 2023, 12:02:27 PM

Bottom line, boxing politics sucks. They prevent us from watching boxers fight on their primes vs another championship caliber boxer.

As what i have read and understood, Haney and Ryan Garcia is in the negotiation table per both boxers, hope they were saying the truth. If materializes, Haney vs Garcia could be a blockbuster as needless to say that Garcia has a lot of followers, though winning against Haney is a slim possibility but the money will pour on this fight, that's for sure.

Ryan Garcia might not have any belts for now, but he could be one of the cash cow as well, like what numbers him and Davis put this year and it could have been the biggest fight as per money wise in 2023. So I do agree that if Haney and Ryan fight, it could be one of the biggest for next year. But let's just wait for the official announcement as there are lots of thing that can happen. Haney vs Tank has their own public war of words but it seems that it died down already. And then we have Lopez fight in February against Ortiz. One thing is for sure is that this division is getting the publicity now when the best 135 lbs move up to this division, except Tank. Really hard to comment on boxing politics, it really sucks and it deprived us boxing fans from watching prime boxers against each other.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
inthelongrun (OP)

Activity: 1750
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
December 23, 2023, 08:09:22 AM

Ryan Garcia might not have any belts for now, but he could be one of the cash cow as well, like what numbers him and Davis put this year and it could have been the biggest fight as per money wise in 2023. So I do agree that if Haney and Ryan fight, it could be one of the biggest for next year. But let's just wait for the official announcement as there are lots of thing that can happen. Haney vs Tank has their own public war of words but it seems that it died down already. And then we have Lopez fight in February against Ortiz. One thing is for sure is that this division is getting the publicity now when the best 135 lbs move up to this division, except Tank. Really hard to comment on boxing politics, it really sucks and it deprived us boxing fans from watching prime boxers against each other.

Showtime is getting out of the sport next year. There were rumors that PBC is heading to DAZN joining Matchroom and GBP. But it didn't happen and PBC signed a partnership deal with Amazon Prime. So together with DAZN and ESPN, there are still 3 giant networks in this sport and it makes negotiations still more difficult especially when stars from different networks are planning to face each other.

Tank stopped responding to Haney's challenge. Tank also said no when Haney's promoter Eddie Hearn tried to reach out. But at least we still have 3 champions at 140 willing to fight each other.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████