Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:16:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 113403 times)
samesstee

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:14:35 PM

Nothing has happened. This fork was planned beforehand. BCX you have lost credibility by spreading FUD. You probably gained through this by buying low?

On the matter of miners voting against it. If all you (miner) care about is people should buy from you because in theory you will always be the first ones to get the coin. Then, to be truthful, game is over for you. These are early days for cryptos. Everyone involved has some technical background. You will never see any one group holding power like this. And if they do, they will be removed from the equation.

I wish 'one group holding power' was 'removed from the equation' ....... LOL MONEY TALKS
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:22:29 PM

@samesstee

No idea what you are trying to say. Because I don't see anyone here putting money on the line but spreading misinformation. And ofcouse, if others want to attack the Auroracoin that's their choice. It's Auroracoin's fault to not be prepared for it. But saying that miners have voted against the coin collectively because they didn't got a large share is wrong as well.

Originally mining was intended to democratize (randomize?) the distribution. Now, it all about someone holding the best hardware, undermining the one of the original goals of decentralizing decision taking. How's miners creating a cartel like this is not against decentralization? (And I am not saying they shouldn't try as this or other alt grow more successful attacks will only increase)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 01:26:15 PM

Basically it seems that the majority of scrypt miners are scammers, they scam people into thinking a blockchain is viable by making it momentarily appear to have hash power securing it, but really the scamming miners actually plan to abandon the chain at any moment so really it is not actually secure at all, it is just a scam in which the miners are collaborating to try to create an illusionary security to lure people into putting money into it.

Fortunately they seldom put enough hash power into any one chain to make it look convincing, so most of the scrypt chains are clear at a glance obvious garbage/scams, with even litecoin and DOGE looking very borderline too after seeing how their hashing power changed since DOGE came along and showed us how useless the scrypt miners are as a way of securing a blockchain.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:27:40 PM

Standalone POS coins have many advantages over NXT - plus they far less resemble a bullshit hyip pyramid scheme

LoL

I'd like to know of a single crypto that doesn't resemble a "bulshit pyramid scheme" by those definitions.
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 01:43:14 PM

glad i dropped all my AUR on high spike long ago

iGotAIDS

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:45:05 PM

it seems to be doing okay.    the developer denies there was a 51% attack.

Regardless if that's true or not, there's at least a few chains out there now

One should listen here, iGotSpots knows all about forked coins (and stroking BCX's ego).
berone

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:51:24 PM

It is bad. Hope to fix it
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:52:32 PM

Forked or not, this guy just sold a car for Auroracoin and it's national news.

I suppose he'd better hope his coins are on the "right" chain  Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Egvl9VqgE
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 01:53:24 PM

I hope it was a lemon else the seller probably got screwed.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
FilipZ

Activity: 80

IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchange

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:54:34 PM

yep, aur is popular, so each piece of shit can ride on it, does not matter side

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬     
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
bcxollo

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:04:45 PM

You juvenile pricks think this is funny? Every time you harm an alt coin you drive more people away from crypto. This is just another nail in the bitcoiner coffin ... RIP
Alteredcoins

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:08:23 PM

I dont get whats cool about it. Hacking is a skill, but when used against the general public and normal, good people lose their investments for some sociopathic kid's little thrill, its not cool or impressive. There are viable things to hack and people that deserve to be hacked. This hack is a pussy move and a crime against innocent people. There is really simply nothing cool about it.
FilipZ

Activity: 80

IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchange

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:08:43 PM

You juvenile pricks think this is funny? Every time you harm an alt coin you drive more people away from crypto. This is just another nail in the bitcoiner coffin ... RIP

agreed

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬     
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
Ibistru

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:09:06 PM

These shitcoins like auroracoins are scam anyway. Better they die sooner than later, less damage is done and everybody is happy (except the scammers themselves and the noobs).
_noname_

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:09:16 PM

Nothing has happened. This is pure Anon kind of threats. Right response was (and from now on is) to not pay attention to these people.
_noname_

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:10:18 PM

@Everyone

This fork was planned since weeks. This is pure manipulation and misinformation. Stop paying attention.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 02:15:30 PM

It can only go up from here amirite?

CryptoKiller

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:21:46 PM

agreed

+1

anyone that doesnt realise how this hurts the crypto scene as a whole is either retarded or made their money on btc and no longer gives a fuck what happens to anyone else.

Pathetic excuses for human beings.

--Anyone remember egold? That's what the outsider's will come to think of crypto if faggots like bcx are allowed to run rampant.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:24:08 PM

I just bought some.

Didn't bet my house on it, but having to up my orders cos not getting them filled.

(I hope they sell me the right 'fork'  Cheesy )

Whatever the technical merits of this "shitcoin" Smiley it seems that, amazingly, most Icelanders don't spend 15 hours a day oggling threads on bitcointalk. There's already a few businesses starting to spring up who are accepting it. http://www.aurcoin.is/

Also, each day there is more press - especially out in the country. http://eyjan.pressan.is/frettir/2014/03/27/markadur-hefur-myndast-fyrir-auroracoin-haegt-ad-kaupa-notada-bila-og-kronur/

Translation:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=is&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Feyjan.pressan.is%2Ffrettir%2F2014%2F03%2F27%2Fmarkadur-hefur-myndast-fyrir-auroracoin-haegt-ad-kaupa-notada-bila-og-kronur%2F

Maybe it'll crash again once all this FUD starts filtering through...or maybe it won't. All the same, must get in if you like the principle.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 02:27:08 PM

so NXT is more secure  Grin NXT to the Moon  Tongue

Well, maybe it will...but we'll have to wait a long time.

That's actually better than a quick bubble. There's enough time to poke around with the nuts-and-bolts and see how it works.

Standalone POS coins have many advantages over NXT - plus they far less resemble a bullshit hyip pyramid scheme (which after the initial POS influence on other developers NXT had - that is all it deserves ever be)

Your opinion, of course. Myself, I'm waiting until 2015 to see what Nxters have come up with innovation-wise. You may not know this, but it's already set a standard that's much better than the one set by (say) Dogecoin. It's the first new cyber that was coded from scratch to be a full 2.0 coin. NEM and eXocoin are both in development, and there's a new IPO, Numus, that hopes to produce the fourth. Next year, the joint's really going to be jumping in this area.

I hope all of them succeed hugely, for more than mercenary reasons. If they do, they'll set a standard for altcoins that'll be a huge relief for the crapcon-haters here: in order to make serious money, you have to do serious coding - from scratch. What could be better for the field?

[P.S.: I know about Mastercoin, but it's a protocoin because it depends on the Bitcoin blockchain. The ones I listed above are Bitcoin-independent.] 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: