Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:37:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 113401 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 05:23:32 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 05:33:43 PM by markm

i always feel like i am wailing on toddlers in here lol

Not sure about that because usually toddlers do not think that throwing away their toys/valuables or losing them is a good thing, so usually I don't think toddlers think letting any idiot who comes along cripple/break their toys, steal all their goodies and so on is a good idea, so I had the impression that even toddlers think that securing their stuff, as in trying to stop other toddlers or even non-toddlers from arbitrarily running off with it without recourse, is a good idea.

They might not like the chore of putting all their toys in their toybox but do seem to prefer that the toys still be there when they want them.

So this whole 'no one cares whether their stuff is thrown all over the street with "take this stuff" written all over it' spiel seems very disingenuous.

The masses might not realise that they care about whether their money/wealth is secure, but watch how they react when their determined refusal to secure it or even to allow it to be secured results in their losing it...

In fact I have seen claims posted in other sections of these forums - sections other than this "scamcoin section" - claiming that cryptocurrency is useless and un-useable for normal people precisely because it is not secure enough for normal people to use, they constantly keep losing coins due to their own carelessness, irresponsibility, ineptness, ignorance, laziness, inattention and so on. Demanding that blockchains themselves be insecure though seems a pinnacle of ineptness - well, more like idiocy really - not normally encountered outside this "scamcoin section" of the forums.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:30:35 PM

Look, at the end of the day, the Aurora dev came through on his promise and started delivering the coins. I like how the goal post has been moved from, "The dev is going to run off with and dump the premine" to "The dev and his supporters didn't secure the block chain"

What will it be next week if AUR continues to hang on or rises? I don't own any AUR but I respect a man of his word, I bet not one single member of this Operation Scamcoin cleanup would have the integrity to sit on a valuable premine and not cash out.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:33:48 PM

I like how the goal post has been moved from, "The dev is going to run off with and dump the premine" to "The dev and his supporters didn't secure the block chain"

What will it be next week if AUR continues to hang on or rises? I don't own any AUR but I respect a man of his word, I bet not one single member of this Operation Scamcoin cleanup would have the integrity to sit on a valuable premine and not cash out.

+1

In the absence of any substance we can expect a new all time high for the number of times the word "scam" can be crammed into a single post.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 05:35:25 PM

So it is your desire and intent that the coins remain insecure? Or is it that you have already dumped them or plan to dump them so soon/fast that it is unlikely anyone will steal them before you dump them?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:39:07 PM

Sp it is your desire and intent that the coins remain insecure? Or is it that you have already dumped them or plan to dump them so soon/fast that it is unlikely anyone will steal them before you dump them?

-MarkM-

I have no desire for anything because I don't own any AUR, my only desire is to expose Operation Shitcoin as being a den of liars, cheats, hackers and sociopathic teenage boys that they are.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:40:12 PM

Sp it is your desire and intent that the coins remain insecure?

It's my desire that somebody give this stuck record a nudge.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 05:43:29 PM

Fine, lets figure out a way to secure the blockchain or to get everyone out of it before it is PWNd, that would be constructive.

Unfortunately scamcoin devs seem chronically determined to prevent the blockchains from being able to be secured.

-MarkM-

thaaanos

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:50:41 PM

since the coin is pretty much centralized, can't they interleave every one or so blocks a signed checkpoint blocks?
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 05:50:50 PM

Fine, lets figure out a way to secure the blockchain or to get everyone out of it before it is PWNd, that would be constructive.

Unfortunately scamcoin devs seem chronically determined to prevent the blockchains from being able to be secured.

-MarkM-

You know the irony is if people like BCX didn't exist to attack security holes we wouldn't have to worry about it. Hackers are the bottom feeders of society and I wish more was done to round them up and put them away in federal prison for years. It's totally backwards thinking to suggest that if you want to trade in a coin, you should be mining to protect it as well. I guess if I want to use a Windows PC I should also be learning C++ and contributing daily to AVG or Norton on what viruses are out in the wild too?
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 05:59:39 PM

-MarkM-

You know the irony is if people like BCX didn't exist to attack security holes we wouldn't have to worry about it. Hackers are the bottom feeders of society and I wish more was done to round them up and put them away in federal prison for years. It's totally backwards thinking to suggest that if you want to trade in a coin, you should be mining to protect it as well. I guess if I want to use a Windows PC I should also be learning C++ and contributing daily to AVG or Norton on what viruses are out in the wild too?

It is not just hackers. Plenty of coins have fallen apart into forks simply due to their hashing power being so tiny that one person or just a few people making some silly little mistake breaks the whole consensus.

Also there should be no need for the ignorant masses to mine. It is the even more ignorant quick buck scam crowd that insists not only on mining but upon having fresh new scams daily to mine. The masses should be able to just sit back and use the world's most secure blockchains without worrying themselves at all about how it is that those particular blockchains happen to be the only secure ones. That however is undermined by floods and floods of scammers promoting the most insecure garbage possible and mouthing off about how their scam is as good as or better than an, or maybe even any, actually secure currency.

The masses are maybe even left wondering what chains they should risk, whichever scam of the day is climbing fastest on the scam exchange that promotes the most new scams the fastest, or a carefully chosen one or few of the tiny selection of coins offered by an exchange that tries really hard to only offer secure/quality coins.

(Though even such an exchange kind of undermines itself when it turns out to not be throwing off the exchange blockchains that are no longer anywhere near secure, hence the part about choose carefully even among the ones on a careful exchange...)

-MarkM-

thaaanos

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:05:28 PM

-MarkM-

I will ask again, what do you think about the speculators in the Market should we round all of them up?
If you think they are essential in a market to protect it from runaway risk and moral hazard, then so do hackers, they protect IT infrastructure from runaway security holes, and make security risks into loss for those who are foolish.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:12:31 PM

The masses should be able to just sit back and use the world's most secure blockchains without worrying themselves at all about how it is that those particular blockchains happen to be the only secure ones. That however is undermined by floods and floods of scammers promoting the most insecure garbage possible and mouthing off about how their scam is as good as or better than an, or maybe even any, actually secure currency

You've got this the wrong way around.

The "masses" decide what currency they're using and following that the network will be secured. They don't decide that on the basis of technical aspects of the coin. The criteria for the success of cryptocurrency have nothing to do with network hashrate or technical security. They are socio-economic. The mining community will make sure is secures whatever currency see the most adoption through the network effect of those socio-economic forces.

That's why all the technical FUD being banded around here is largely irrelevant at the moment because we don't yet know what its fortune will be.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 06:18:13 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 06:42:45 PM by markm

In other words just keep churning out scams and whichever scam the public falls for will magically turn into a legitimate business enterprise, just like all those coke dealers who got rich selling cocaine to kids bought houses in nice neighborhoods had kids and now are legitimate businesspeople because they do not want cocaine being dealt to their kids in their neighborhoods.

A get rich quick scam is just the thing for launching legitimate enterprises...

Your argment is the same one the largest ponzi schemes use, they then blame the failure of their scheme on the interference by the police / law-enforcement / SEC, because the scheme would have worked fine if only it had been permitted to suck in enough money, because once enough money is sucked in any flaws in the scheme can easily be fixed by throwing money at them. Money is the "socioeconomic forces" you mention, that will magically make up for all the damage done by the broken scheme.

Even broken socioeconomic forces like the law, the law enforcement systems, the SEC and so on can be fixed if only they can be prevented from squashing the scheme before it is rich enough to "fix" such "problems" by buying lawmakers.

-MarkM-

Ibistru

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:32:30 PM

Also there should be no need for the ignorant masses to mine. It is the even more ignorant quick buck scam crowd that insists not only on mining but upon having fresh new scams daily to mine. The masses should be able to just sit back and use the world's most secure blockchains without worrying themselves at all about how it is that those particular blockchains happen to be the only secure ones. That however is undermined by floods and floods of scammers promoting the most insecure garbage possible and mouthing off about how their scam is as good as or better than an, or maybe even any, actually secure currency.

+1

Greedy noobs are the cancer of crypto-currencies.
jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:32:46 PM

so what now? Angry
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 06:46:13 PM

In other words just keep churning out scams and whichever scam the public falls for will magically turn into a legitimate business enterprise

Contrary to what you may like to think, you're no more of an authority on what is a scam and what isn't than any other market participant.

That's particularly true in this case where you're basically clueless about what your talking about when it comes to the real criteria that will give value to and "secure" this coin.

So why not just leave it to "market forces" for a while and stop whining on about network security till we see what genuine commercial and social basis there is for the initiative.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 06:49:42 PM

There is no reasonable basis for deliberately failing to secure it let alone to deliberately try to prevent its being secure.

Why the heck NOT secure it? How does leaving it insecure benefit anyone (and if it does, who and how)?

You are just repeating the same old "let the scam run, if it scams enough people to prove it is a scam then oh well it was a scam so what" and "if the scam scams enough out of enough people then in theory the scammers could turn over a new leaf and actually try to support the thing instead of just moving on to yet another scam".

-MarkM-

elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:07:59 PM

You know, bitcoin didn't originally have enough hash power to secure itself.   We should have ignored that scam coin from the getgo. Wink
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 07:13:39 PM

You know, bitcoin didn't originally have enough hash power to secure itself.   We should have ignored that scam coin from the getgo. Wink

No enough attackers with the know-how, not enough LOLs in it for them and so on.

But once bitcoin built its super hashpower and implemented merged mining new coins no longer need face that if they have even merely just enough of a good idea to get a merged mining pool set up ready to add them to its merge at launch.

Plus now, even better, supposedly proof of work is no longer even needed to secure a distributed p2p ledger so anyone can easily issue a new secure currency simply by cloning a secure no proof of work required system instead of the insanely expensive to secure, insanely hard to secure old proof of work concept. Maybe clone Ripple, or NXT, or whatever of those things does in fact work, if any of them do in fact work.

Either by merged mining or by some newfangled no proof of work needed system, launching a currency that is secure from the get-go is easily do-able nowadays.

-MarkM-

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:41:14 PM

You know, bitcoin didn't originally have enough hash power to secure itself.   We should have ignored that scam coin from the getgo. Wink

No enough attackers with the know-how, not enough LOLs in it for them and so on.

But once bitcoin built its super hashpower and implemented merged mining new coins no longer need face that if they have even merely just enough of a good idea to get a merged mining pool set up ready to add them to its merge at launch.

Plus now, even better, supposedly proof of work is no longer even needed to secure a distributed p2p ledger so anyone can easily issue a new secure currency simply by cloning a secure no proof of work required system instead of the insanely expensive to secure, insanely hard to secure old proof of work concept. Maybe clone Ripple, or NXT, or whatever of those things does in fact work, if any of them do in fact work.

Either by merged mining or by some newfangled no proof of work needed system, launching a currency that is secure from the get-go is easily do-able nowadays.

and yet your explanation of how to do it cointains lot's of "maybe"s, "if"s and "whatever"s and finally a "if any of them work".

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: