Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:47:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 113403 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:44:09 PM

My initial thoughts are these guys are possibly, along with others, employed by either government or financial institutions to spread FUD and discredit the idea of decentralised cryptocurrency as an alternative to the failed fiat system.

LoL. If only it were such grand a mission  Cheesy

In fact they're employed by their own egos to grind out antagonistic monotone in each of the forum threads that might make a difference in order to mitigate polite, wide ranging and constructive contributions from posters with a range of backgrounds.

There are people who have been playing counter strike 15 hours a day and after reaching puberty browsing redtube 15 hours a day and have now found a new obsession. So do not ever doubt their stamina or dedication their only weakness is hungry and sleepy.  Cheesy
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 01:46:56 PM

Is anyone working on setting up some kind of GPUs for Aurora shop or something so the folk being air-dropped the coins can buy GPUs to secure the blockchain?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:59:51 PM

- Are there still forks?
- If yes, is balduro working on fixing them?

He already made a statement about it.

http://forum.auroracoin.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=575

Take your pick about who you want to believe - the OP or the DEV  Wink

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:00:23 PM

My initial thoughts are these guys are possibly, along with others, employed by either government or financial institutions to spread FUD and discredit the idea of decentralised cryptocurrency as an alternative to the failed fiat system.

LoL. If only it were such grand a mission  Cheesy

In fact they're employed by their own egos to grind out antagonistic monotone in each of the forum threads that might make a difference in order to mitigate polite, wide ranging and constructive contributions from posters with a range of backgrounds.

There are people who have been playing counter strike 15 hours a day and after reaching puberty browsing redtube 15 hours a day and have now found a new obsession. So do not ever doubt their stamina or dedication their only weakness is hungry and sleepy.  Cheesy

there will always be camping awp whores lol

i started back in cs 1.4 / 1.5 days roughly ..lost interest last few years though Sad
played CS:GO cracked when it came out and worked on reverse engineering the DRM AKA: Steam CEG (custom executable generation) protection system
but i only got part way in cracking it full before someone else took over (i posted my research online in the OLD Russian cracking scene)
now since back in November i bought the game with Paypal and never turned it on one time lol PC gaming is boring pretty much Sad
..far more fun cracking them (i was in more than one PC game cracking group almost 10 years ago)
and my point is crackers gonna crack Wink
so hackers gonna hack.. AUR's blockchain lol
especially when the hack results in a shit load of cash for the hacker.. people are highly motivated to come into this scene and rape it.. so secure your shit or suffer.
No i don't work for the NSA to discredit scam coins i just feel bad for noobs that get ripped off, i have a heart and you should too people.. what more needs to be said really ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:21:23 PM

It will also depend upon whether they are willing and able to outbid all the other scrypt coins for mining services to secure their blockchain, which is a losing proposition for all non merged mined coins since the more such coins there are the more leverage the miners have to extort higher and higher pay for picking any particular coin to momentarily mine - momentarily meaning until some other coin decides to pay even more to bribe them to come defend it instead.

Scrypt coins could merge mine too. But it seems like independent mining is a crucial part on the less-than-zero-sum speculation game most of the altcoins operate.
Freicoin itself is not being merged mined, but only because we want to make a last hardfork (freimarkets) that may be harder after it is merged mined, of course it won't merge mine scrypt but SHA256 which is were most of the proof of work is.

Hiring mercenaries to secure national treasuries didn't historically work out well, did it? At least I recall reading one of the future-war type sci-fi authors such as maybe Pournelle or someone like that illustrating the problem with that, and implying it was a problem already seen in history, by transplanting into the future the basic strategy of how such mercenaries go about exploiting the nations foolish enough to fall into their trap. It began, of course, by having the nations all bid for the services of the alien mercenaries... That is, by "divide and conquer", getting the nations to bid against each other instead of to co-operate (in this analogy, to co-operate means to merged mine instead of letting the miners get them bidding against each other for the services of the miners).

If it was the state it could just have launched a 100% "pre-mined" chain and not just 50%, throwing the other half of the seigniorage to mining subsidies.
That's wasteful and unnecessary, look at Freicoin, for example, only 20% of the seigniorage will be used for mining subsidies.
You mercenaries analogy is great, to secure the network you can just use signatures instead of proof of work (operate a private chain)
If the operators commit fraud, it will be detected by any full node validating blocks (auditor). Blocks could be faster and bigger with no risk of having forks, and many other advantages (like being able of atomically trade with other private chains AND public p2p chains).
A national currency does NOT need to be p2p, it's ridiculous. If you want the trust-less part you can get it much cheaply.

But this was not a national currency, probably just another pump and dump scheme.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:56:16 PM

so when can we expect fireworks from you?

go fuck something up, need some entertainment here.  Angry

You sound like you missed the best money making opportunity of the year so far.

sorry, i rode AUR's pump and dump.

in at 0.03, out at 0.11, unlike idiots that end up as bagholders.

Grin

Tempted to post a screenshot of my wallet solomining AUR at start but don't want anymore idiots crying realizing 3x profit wasn't actually the "opportunity of the year".

Grin

hmm, i think i missed a zero somewhere...i'm pretty sure it was around 28-30x gain during that period.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:56:57 PM

Damn I really want this FUD to keep going on to scoop up the cheap coins. But your uselessness is way too evident. And it's wasting everyone's time to pay you any attention

1. There was no fork due to 51% attack. Fork at 5400 was planned since weeks
2. Time warp attack was solved as it was there in the Litecoin as well. That fix is incorporated in Auroracoin source too

Here's the diff for that https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/commit/b1be77210970a6ceb3680412cc3d2f0dd4ca8fb9

This is as low as I will go to name calling. But you all (the one's claiming attacks) are clearly losers.

The patch that you link to does nothing to solve the exploit in the KGW.  It does solve, however, a flaw in the linear difficulty re-targeting algorithms that were of common use prior to these past few months.  Bitcoin and Litecoin adjust difficulty in that manner.  For an understanding of what that patch fixes, read through the posts of the individual that wrote that patch.  ArtForz details the possible attack in the following thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=43692.msg521772#msg521772

I urge you to read through this (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=505243.0)(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504103.msg5573196#msg5573196) thread and pay specific attention to the posts belonging to Nite69.  Although BCX never comfirms that Nite60.000000009 is on the right track in uncovering the KGW flaw, he is.  If after reading through the two linked threads you still do not understand the flaw, I would be more than happy to try and explain it in greater detail.  

Edit: Although the original link provides some information, the meat of the discussion is in the new link I provide.

Any coin that implements the KGW is vulnerable to a time warp attack, and the only thing that can stop such an attack would be to have significantly more power than the attacker.  Then again, there is no way of knowing how much, if any, power would be needed until such an attack is attempted.  Furthermore, miners that do not have multiple pool or solo mining backups are doing the users of the coin a disservice.  Pools can be brought down, thus reducing the amount of power an attacker needs to fork a chain.  

This exploit is real, and it is only a matter of time before someone takes advantage of everyone's false sense of security.  People can hate on BCX or MarkM all they want, but I would urge those people to understand what they are truly trying to say.  MarkM consistently harps on the idea of hashing power, and for good reason.  If a PoW, blockchain based coin is to be taken seriously and used daily by people around the world, the chain needs to be secure.  The chain can only be secured with hashing.  If a chain is not secure, a malicious individual will attack it.  That is the reality of this world.  Honestly, each and every developer and user of a coin that implements the KGW should be thanking BCX for bringing to light the time warp flaw.  

thanks a lot for this post, Math

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
micryon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 06:10:26 PM

Concur with dev's response..

There's been no proof of any successful attack on AUR.

Though I hope to see one successfully pulled off so we can really evaluate and address KGW's vulnerabilities.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
_noname_

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:49:45 PM

Can something be done about to not get this kind of manipulation repeated? Bunch of noobs managed to create enough misinformation. All because their accounts are old.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:53:21 PM

so when can we expect fireworks from you?

go fuck something up, need some entertainment here.  Angry

You sound like you missed the best money making opportunity of the year so far.

sorry, i rode AUR's pump and dump.

in at 0.03, out at 0.11, unlike idiots that end up as bagholders.

Grin

Tempted to post a screenshot of my wallet solomining AUR at start but don't want anymore idiots crying realizing 3x profit wasn't actually the "opportunity of the year".

Grin

hmm, i think i missed a zero somewhere...i'm pretty sure it was around 28-30x gain during that period.

Well don't be shy, let's just say 300x?
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:56:37 PM

Apologies if I am asking stuff that has been spelled out, but I stopped reading this thread like 20 pages back. Is the following more or less a brief synopsis of what occurred?

BCX claimed the coin was attacked, and forked to death.
In reality, all that occurred what the planned fork took place at 5400, the one the dev announced previously?
BCX claims he is instituting a time warp attack, although there is no current evidence to support it.

Argument changed, so now the fault with the coin is no longer that the airdrop will fail, dev automatically will steal premine... to the coin is insecure since it's new and lack of miners... so let's try to kill the coin before they can secure it?

_noname_

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:02:13 PM

Apologies if I am asking stuff that has been spelled out, but I stopped reading this thread like 20 pages back. Is the following more or less a brief synopsis of what occurred?

BCX claimed the coin was attacked, and forked to death.
In reality, all that occurred what the planned fork took place at 5400, the one the dev announced previously?
BCX claims he is instituting a time warp attack, although there is no current evidence to support it.

Argument changed, so now the fault with the coin is no longer that the airdrop will fail, dev automatically will steal premine... to the coin is insecure since it's new and lack of miners... so let's try to kill the coin before they can secure it?

The problem is people here don't know what a 51% attack and timewarp attack is. Quoting/Linking to this thread was a mistake. And ofcourse, BCX knows nothing.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:04:05 PM

Also that the coin is supposedly more insecure than just the normal vulnerability to over-fifty-percent attacks, due to using the gravity well thing that supposedly creates extra vulnerability that causes the chain to need significantly more hashing power than the attacker to resist the attack that gravity well thing makes possible?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:10:39 PM

Also that the coin is supposedly more insecure than just the normal vulnerability to over-fifty-percent attacks, due to using the gravity well thing that supposedly creates extra vulnerability that causes the chain to need significantly more hashing power than the attacker to resist the attack that gravity well thing makes possible?

-MarkM-

Hmm... okay, again apologies in advance if I say something stupid, as I am hardly an expert on coin attacks.

But wouldn't this same vulnerability occur with most other coins using the gravity well? So why was AUR chosen as the one to attack, or the one to focus on?

Didn't DarkCoin's dev come up with sort of a solution to the gravity well exploit and opensource it? I assumed they did, or were working on it.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:18:21 PM

AUR set out to scam a whole nation of innocents, using them as poster-children to motivate scamming money out of foreigners into this scam.

So I guess it is a particularly eggregious scam, not only targetting altcoin insiders like the members of forums such as this one who should know better thus maybe could be said to be deliberately participating in something they knew to be a scam, hoping to rake in some of the profits of the scam as fellow scammers promoting the scam (and thus maybe to have only themselves to blame if they made a loss instead of a profit) but also targetting a whole nation of innocents and heavily involving the press in promoting the scam and encouraging innocents to fall for it.

If the fact that the gravity well was broken was already established, and someone had already came up with a fix for it, going ahead and adding the gravity well to this coin seems a kind of weird move for a developer to make, doesn't it? Like huh why deliberately add broken-ness?

-MarkM-

_noname_

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:18:46 PM

All

I just got a message that my following message was deleted by the *topic starter*

--
@Everyone

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=551215.0

I know nothing will happen. But I still want to draw attention of wider community here towards this thread and trust abuse of Bitcointalk forums.
--

BCX, you loser!
_noname_

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:22:38 PM

Following the deletion of my message by the scammer (BCX)

I have created a scam accusation thread in corresponding forum

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=551875.0
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:26:14 PM

AUR set out to scam a whole nation of innocents, using them as poster-children to motivate scamming money out of foreigners into this scam.

So I guess it is a particularly eggregious scam, not only targetting altcoin insiders like the members of forums such as this one who should know better thus maybe could be said to be deliberately participating in something they knew to be a scam, hoping to rake in some of the profits of the scam as fellow scammers promoting the scam (and thus maybe to have only themselves to blame if they made a loss instead of a profit) but also targetting a whole nation of innocents and heavily involving the press in promoting the scam and encouraging innocents to fall for it.

If the fact that the gravity well was broken was already established, and someone had already came up with a fix for it, going ahead and adding the gravity well to this coin seems a kind of weird move for a developer to make, doesn't it? Like huh why deliberately add broken-ness?

-MarkM-

I am not sure if I have read a post with the word 'scam' used so many times. Just repeating the same word over and over doesn't make it true. It's almost like these threads read like someone shorting stock.

I view the coin more as an experiment than a scam. Yeah, the dev could steal the premine (although no evidence shows he has), and the coin could fall apart and be worth nothing. Or they might actually adopt and support it. We shall see. Many of the same arguments against AUR could be used for BTC, when it was new -- well, besides the part about giving lots of it away.

I will also add that I own no AUR, never owned any, nor even think nation coins are a particularly great idea. It just seems weird to me to see how much FUD being spread about.

As for the gravity well, again, I am not an expert, nor know what the dev has actually done there. I just find it odd that other coins use it too, yet haven't been singled out like AUR has been.
lasciv

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:33:57 PM

All

I just got a message that my following message was deleted by the *topic starter*

@Everyone

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=551215.0

I know nothing will happen. But I still want to draw attention of wider community here towards this thread and trust abuse of Bitcointalk forums.

BCX, you loser!

What you posted is off-topic and should be therefore deleted.
People that read that section (Meta) would like to see Alt section gone from this forum, because this pit is the trash can of BCT. They don't care, including Mods.
If you don't like FUD maybe you should go elsewhere.
Maybe you should take a look at a similar thread in Meta, where OP was asking if it is legal to use this forum for illegal activities to get a general idea what will happen to your thread. You should also look at death threats made by some Aurora cheerleaders and state your opinion in Meta on that matter as well.

BCX should be more aggressive with deleting garbage posts as this is one of the better threads I've read in the last few weeks here in Alt section.

Kiss
poornamelessme

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:34:25 PM

Following the deletion of my message by the scammer (BCX)

I have created a scam accusation thread in corresponding forum

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=551875.0

One of my posts was deleted in one of his self-moderated threads, as well. Although BCX claimed he didn't delete it, and let me repost. He's actually been pretty good with allowing most comments in his threads ... although I guess he might draw the line at people calling him a scammer, I guess.

As for this forum, when I first started here, I assumed it was like any other forum. Quickly I found that not to be the case. Forum moderation is close to nil.

So we get tons of trolling, fud, false information, shill accounts, etc. And I expect it won't be fixed, as this little alt section is looked down upon by whomever owns this forum. It's a weird situation, especially for those new here. I just sort of take it for what it is... more or less a hunt for real info, while trying to ignore all the garbage.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: