Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:57:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crowdfunding 1200 BTC (335 BTC pledged) for Automata RTS Game  (Read 11162 times)
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 04:25:08 AM

Coincidentally I just now searched the internet for an "html5 dungeon crawl" and I stumbled upon this fun (but uncompleted) HTML5 Dungeon Crawler called "Cardinal Quest".  It turns out that the developer "received $4,800 ($4,421 after 8bf's 5% fee + paypal transaction fees) which should go a long way in helping finishing the game" by using some website called http://8bitfunding.com/ to crowdsource investment funding for his game.  Unfortunately, they use paypal, and charge 5% fee ontop of paypal's 2.9% + $.30, but it's a great idea.  I'd like such a website that accepts bitcoin...

I suppose you should feel free to post your game there once you have a working demo, if you care for paypal USD.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 04:27:48 AM

I suppose you should feel free to post your game there once you have a working demo, if you care for paypal USD.

I want only bitcoin!

em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2011, 07:39:22 AM

I want only bitcoin!

Smiley  Here here!  That's the spirit!  Cool

But yeah...it would be nice to have some automated way to fund such things as setting bounties for software development, putting pledges in escrow, and collecting the money once a final product is actually released...

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
trumpetx

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 01:31:56 PM

Smiley  Here here!  That's the spirit!  Cool

But yeah...it would be nice to have some automated way to fund such things as setting bounties for software development, putting pledges in escrow, and collecting the money once a final product is actually released...

bitstarter.com is already taken, damn!

MinerStatus Android Application Author
Donate: 1Eyr5mN54UyprUHAw1zXLvkvtDNeG9erD7 to support this project. (Total Received) or sign up for Tradehill
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 03:13:50 PM

Look like crowdfunding this project won't be so easy.

­­­Atlas_

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 03:19:39 PM

Well, you could sell the game and offer dividends to investors.
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 03:23:28 PM

Well, you could sell the game and offer dividends to investors.

The reward I am offering:

1. A public domain game.

2. Exclusive access.

3. In-game virtual goods.

You don't just pledges and get nothing. You'll get something.

Also: I added a new level.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2011, 03:42:48 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2011, 09:20:47 PM by kiba

For those who are interested in....proof that I can code, here's the image below:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

For those who wants to view my code repository: https://github.com/kiba/jstet

It's not the most nice looking code in the world, but I been working on this project on and off for several months. With the Automata RTS, I'll work on it harder and faster than I work on JStet.

But, there's still some outstanding bugs that I have to fix with jstet before I can move on.

fornit

Activity: 988
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 12:06:53 AM

For those who wants to view my code repository: https://github.com/kiba/jstet

It's not the most nice looking code in the world, but I been working on this project on and off for several months. With the Automata RTS, I'll work on it harder and faster than I work on JStet.

wtf javascript?!

didnt know thats a serious option in game programming...
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 12:14:11 AM

wtf javascript?!

didnt know thats a serious option in game programming...

Javascript engines are becoming faster over time.

em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 01:15:48 AM

Kiba, what am I doing wrong?  I created a multiplayer game with one browser tab, then tried to join it in another browser tab, but nothing happened:

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 01:17:09 AM

Kiba, what am I doing wrong?  I created a multiplayer game with one browser tab, then tried to join it in another browser tab, but nothing happened:

Did you start the server? You will need couchdb too.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 07:39:43 AM

http://jstet.kibabase.com/jstet.html

The JStet game is online! Somebody will probably crash it though.

Single and Multiplayer will works with varying level. However, custom game support is broken in the sense that it doesn't require a password to join.

It will works only on Google Chrome and Safari 5.

Firefox 4 disabled websockets by default.

em3rgentOrdr

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 09:22:35 AM

Did you start the server? You will need couchdb too.

I guess I don't have couchdb...
http://jstet.kibabase.com/jstet.html

The JStet game is online! Somebody will probably crash it though.

Single and Multiplayer will works with varying level. However, custom game support is broken in the sense that it doesn't require a password to join.

It will works only on Google Chrome and Safari 5.

Firefox 4 disabled websockets by default.

Awesome!  Works on my Google Chrome!  A bit jagged movement, but I guess some indication that kiba can code (I assume you coded this).

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 09:24:44 AM

Awesome!  Works on my Google Chrome!  A bit jagged movement, but I guess some indication that kiba can code (I assume you coded this).

Yes, I coded everything except the coloring for tetris shape. (originally it was all white, but my customer didn't like it so he wrote it himself)

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 04:19:00 PM

Bumpy bump.

I talked to a lot of people. There's lot of reason why they don't want to fund my project. It ranges from disinterest, being broke, not enough time to analyze, and don't wanna fund the competition.

Still, I am going to be a stubborn about it! There gottach be enough people in this community to fund my project. I just need to get the words out.

ducki2p

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2011, 06:56:24 PM

I pledge BTC 50
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2011, 07:00:50 PM

I pledge BTC 50

Thanks for the pledge! Now I reached 16.67 percent of my goal.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 04:15:25 AM

I realized that I need alpha tester to provide me quality data about the game. I also saw an opportunity to reorder the reward level to make it fit and how much.

EvanR

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2011, 04:44:38 AM

I'm throwing in 10BTC.
I'll also give you 100BTC when it's done.
Done means you can put it in a box at supertarget next to world of goo.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: