
Following Mike James's injury, Anadolu Efes filled the guard position with Cameron Payne. Payne, who played for Partizan last season, signed a contract with Anadolu Efes running through the end of the season.
Although this signing was made to replace Mike James, I notice that Payne's statistics lag significantly behind Mike's. I hope he reaches the peak of his career with Anadolu Efes.
This is a really good replacement and i think they couldnt have done better honestly. Cam Payne played for my team last season and he was really good and i think he is used to euroleague now so he can help efes a lot this season. Mike James wont play this season and its a shame that they wont have him
I, too, view such signings with skepticism. If he played well for Partizan last season, why didn't they sign him to a new contract this year? Did he demand too much money?
It appears Anadolu Efes signed him from the NBA, yet he played for Partizan last season. He didn't really catch my eye before, but I’ll be keeping an eye on him this year.
From what I gather here, Cameron Payne will be the signing best suited to fill the void left by Mike James.
He was doing good at Partizan, adjusting the league. If I recall correctly he played 10 games and he was doing good. But he got an offer from 76ers and he went to NBA again. The articles said, in the summer several teams were interested in him and offered him good money but he wasn't interested. I guess he was waiting for a NBA offer. And I guess he was waiting until then but maybe offers didn't come. And he chose Efes, probably with a good salary. So, if there was no NBA interest for him last year, he would probably be a solid euroleague player already. It is a great transfer for Efes. At this stage of the season, he is probably the best they could find. They already have a fast point guard, Fatts Russell. They might play run&gun style of basketball, which I personally like. Kai Jones will be especially good and Strazel, Loyd and Bruno Fernando can adjust to this too.