Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:10:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Our future with renewable energy.  (Read 764 times)
letteredhub

Activity: 532
Merit: 202

My privacy, my right.

View Profile
September 22, 2023, 04:16:11 AM

Renewable energy development is capital intensive and demands groundbreaking effort to actualize it' and only well advanced nations are capable of achieving the feat and sustaining it . If we're looking at hydropower and geothermal energy only a very few countries can afford it's development.
In reality, this is still the case because of the many countries in the world, only a few countries are able to develop renewable energy, which is the newest model that has never been used by many less developed countries. However, as long as renewable energy can provide more positive things for the environment and the country, I think several countries that are not yet developed and are making themselves more developed should also study this so that in the future they can also use renewable energy for themselves.

Even as that those other sources of renewable energy preferably wind, solar that are regarded as the most cost-effective energy yet there are some countries that can't afford developing it, particularly those countries of the south pole that are battling to maintain non-renewable energy
Each country's ability to develop something like renewable energy is different because it not only concerns natural resources, but also involves human resources and certain tools needed. So when renewable energy already exists in several developed countries now, other countries also need to see it as a very important thing so that in the future they can also use it as used by these developed countries. Because developments in good things need to be considered so that countries that are not yet developed are not always left behind in terms of renewable energy.
Just as you've clearly said it is a new model, a model that even some of the advance countries have not been able to accomplish while some are in the process. And as for the government's developing countries AFAIK it's a matter of priority if this is something they give priority in their scale of preference that's when a study can be taken into action towards the future. Because there are other developmental needs of the people and the little available resources can only be directly to those that their priority lies on given their best ability based on what they can offer as developing nations.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2023, 04:58:14 AM

I think with technology advancements, evolution and worldwide adoptions of renewable energy it could be possible to be a 100% dependent on it. The question is how long can we adopt renewable energy on our daily lives? Isn't it more expensive to maintain than the grid we are using today most especially in third world countries? Is it able to compete with the fossil fuel industry where we are at to this day? Is the source of this renewable energy sustainable to the entire demand of a country? Here in my country, there were foreign companies that introduces this renewable energy in the form of a solar farm, hydro, geothermal and wind energy both local and foreign companies involved and yet we are still using power grid.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
CODE200

Activity: 1456
Merit: 309

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 22, 2023, 06:02:04 AM

Transition to renewable energy would require a lot, and this is an understatement. Even without even considering if the powerful people would accept these changes. It is possible if there's only one leader on the planet by that time, and he lives up to 200 years. BUT let us say all countries agreed to transform the world to become renewable energy dependent, for sure there will be a model country, a small country that has cheap labor and materials more probably around Asia, then other countries will follow, and so on.

Would this be worth after all if we used non-renewable energy to transform into a renewable energy-dependent world? coz I think for sure that's going to be our only one option to build it.

It is very ideal to utilize renewable energy because unlike non-renewable energy sources, they have little to no negative impact on our environment. Thus, they are sustainable sources of energy which means they last over time. But realistically speaking, it would be hard and challenging to transition from non-renewable energy to a 100% use of renewable energy because it requires a lot of time and money. Not only that, it would also require to have stringent planning because it does not just involve one sector, but all of us.

But again, this is a major change for us, and I think everyone will not approve because most of the industries are being run by non-renewable energy and it might affect them. So, I think in order for this to be feasible, the first step we must take is to educate people about the use of renewable energy sources and how it can benefit us and our environment.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
macson

Activity: 1022
Merit: 142

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 22, 2023, 10:33:14 PM

when a good idea appears, there are opposing ideas that appear too.  Now, just look at the automotive world which is being directed towards using battery energy, but there are still many people who refuse because it is inefficient and also expensive to maintain, the same goes for green energy, since ancient times we already know about solar panels, wind/water mills and geothermal energy, but why are there still many countries that use coal and oil to produce electrical energy?  from here we know that the government itself is not making the adoption of renewable energy happen.

i 100% support that renewable energy can be mass adopted throughout the world, but i don't know about others, it takes a hard struggle to direct human habits from using fossil energy to renewable energy.

bayu7adi

Activity: 1428
Merit: 545

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2023, 09:08:14 AM

when a good idea appears, there are opposing ideas that appear too.  Now, just look at the automotive world which is being directed towards using battery energy, but there are still many people who refuse because it is inefficient and also expensive to maintain, the same goes for green energy, since ancient times we already know about solar panels, wind/water mills and geothermal energy, but why are there still many countries that use coal and oil to produce electrical energy?  from here we know that the government itself is not making the adoption of renewable energy happen.

i 100% support that renewable energy can be mass adopted throughout the world, but i don't know about others, it takes a hard struggle to direct human habits from using fossil energy to renewable energy.
Everyone needs to go through stages, and nothing can be instant. High costs are attributed to the fact that the supporting infrastructure is still not widespread, and not all repair outlets can handle it. Monopolistic practices by companies still occur during the initial launch of an innovation.

If the ubiquity of batteries becomes a global reality, competition will intensify, resulting in lower prices. It's akin to wind turbines or solar panels, which are still relatively expensive and not yet more stable than existing power generators.

I believe that the day when non-renewable resources are depleted will usher in a massive energy revolution.
youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2023, 10:28:02 AM

In conclusion, it is possible for the world to be 100% dependent on renewable energy.

In my opinion, the world is already 100% dependent on renewable energy; this is why we find developing countries and also developed countries doing their best to increase their production for Renewable energy sources.

Is it costly, yes (not as costly as non renewable energy)
is it the best, yes

So i think the question should be rephrased as, is it possible for the world to fine tune a non renewable energy source cheaply compared to renewable energy?
DrBeer
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1899

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2023, 11:16:03 AM

So I read a thread on the forum by Ultegra134 that talked about renewable energy and he asked;

"The big question here is, can the world be 100% dependent on renewable energy sources? How can that be achieved and are they sustainable?"

The thing is, according to several studies and experts, it is possible for the world to be 100% dependent on renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, and biomass. However, this would require a major transition of the current energy system, which is mostly based on fossil fuels that are non-renewable and contribute to climate change.

Some of the challenges and barriers to achieving this goal are technical, economic, social, and political. For example, renewable energy sources are often variable and intermittent, meaning they depend on natural conditions that are not always predictable or stable. This requires a reliable and flexible grid system that can balance supply and demand, as well as storage technologies that can store excess energy for later use.

Another challenge is the cost of renewable energy technologies and infrastructure, which may be higher than fossil fuels in some cases. However, many studies have shown that the benefits of renewable energy outweigh the costs in the long term, as they reduce greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, health impacts, and dependence on imported fuels. Moreover, renewable energy can create more jobs and stimulate economic growth.

A third challenge is the social and political acceptance of renewable energy, which may face resistance from some groups or individuals who have vested interests in the fossil fuel industry or who are skeptical about climate change. To overcome this barrier, public awareness and education campaigns are needed to inform people about the benefits and feasibility of renewable energy, as well as policies and incentives that support its development and deployment.

In conclusion, it is possible for the world to be 100% dependent on renewable energy, but it would require a significant transformation of the current energy system and a collective effort from all stakeholders. Some countries and regions have already achieved or are close to achieving this goal, such as Iceland, Brazil, New Zealand’s South Island, Denmark’s Samsø island, and Germany’s Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and Schleswig-Holstein regions. These examples show that 100% renewable energy is not only feasible but also desirable for a sustainable future.

There's a lot of arguments to be made here, but there are fathoms:
1. The world has come to realize that limited natural resources are an evil to be avoided. In addition to problems for the economy, it can be an instrument of economic pressure or even terrorism (2022 showed this well).
2. Infrastructure for power generation and delivery is easier than oil/gas pipelines
3. fossil resources are not infinite, and according to many estimates, the reserves for today's consumption will last for 30-50 years. Therefore, there are no options - only transition to alternative variants

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
BigBos

Activity: 1890
Merit: 447

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 12:30:31 PM

I think with technology advancements, evolution and worldwide adoptions of renewable energy it could be possible to be a 100% dependent on it. The question is how long can we adopt renewable energy on our daily lives? Isn't it more expensive to maintain than the grid we are using today most especially in third world countries? Is it able to compete with the fossil fuel industry where we are at to this day? Is the source of this renewable energy sustainable to the entire demand of a country? Here in my country, there were foreign companies that introduces this renewable energy in the form of a solar farm, hydro, geothermal and wind energy both local and foreign companies involved and yet we are still using power grid.
Before getting to the question of how long we can apply renewable energy in our daily lives, I think it would be better to review whether we already understand what renewable energy is because basically things like this even though there has been a lot of news about renewable energy but in reality there are still many people who don't even know and don't really understand what renewable energy is.
This lack of understanding also makes most people confused so I think even though it will definitely be difficult but at least if the country wants renewable energy to be well adopted then it would be great if in the end there is further information for socialization because most people are still unfamiliar with renewable energy.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 04:31:36 PM

I think considering the terrible economy we live in right now for the poor people, we could assume that world would be even more expensive if governments decided to spend more on it.

This is precisely the predicament the climate change alarmists insist we all suffer through. We all must pay elevated prices for our energy, and poorer countries who rely on cheap energy to survive must be subsidized by richer countries.

Of course, the argument they make doesn't make any sense.

When they're living in a rich country, it's easy to hold their sanctimony to a higher regard than someone living in Africa who might be using dung as a fuel source for mere survival.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1568
Merit: 744

View Profile
September 23, 2023, 08:50:59 PM

Alright, it's been a few days, and I hadn't noticed this thread till now. Even though I was receiving Telegram notifications, I thought that someone was gravedigging my old thread. In my opinion, the world cannot rely 100% on renewable resources, at least not yet, and most importantly, they may not be applicable to every location or country. For instance, installing wind farms or solar panels on large hectares of land may also hurt the environment, which, in the long run, is way worse than burning fossil fuels. Norway is a great example of a country that is almost running fully on renewable resources, accounting for 98% of the generation, with hydro being the dominant source at 92%.

Apart from renewable resources, nuclear energy is also a great alternative with minimal repercussions for the environment and huge capabilities. Even though there have been accidents in the past, there have been great advances in technology to prevent similar accidents in the future.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
dansus021
Copper Member

Activity: 2016
Merit: 916

Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2023, 01:16:46 AM

For now, it's impossible until we find novel solutions we'll need lots of creativity, innovation, and powerful incentives. The transition toward all-renewable energies is a complex problem involving technology economics, and politics.

That is a quote from the TED-Ed YouTube channel that you guys can see here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnvCbquYeIM. You guys should watch.
Last time Im browsing the Internet Oil reserves left is 50 Years and Coal Reserves is 100 Years so yeah we basically need a problem solver as fast as we can.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2023, 04:00:12 AM

Renewable energy is really good for us and also the environment but the problem with that is the cost of having it. Most of the countries you have mentioned are rich countries so they are able to create structures for having renewable energy because they have that money but for those countries where I belong it is not possible unless the government really pushes this. Even in our country only private individuals have a solar farm and hydro is combined by non-government organizations and with the government as our government is more focused on building our economy and still not thinking of it.

As the population gets higher we will definitely switch to renewable energy as our energy right now is getting lower and lower but in the case of my country they are still not focusing on this but maybe in the future it will be feasible.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 09:42:15 AM

Renewable energy is really good for us and also the environment but the problem with that is the cost of having it. Most of the countries you have mentioned are rich countries so they are able to create structures for having renewable energy because they have that money but for those countries where I belong it is not possible unless the government really pushes this. Even in our country only private individuals have a solar farm and hydro is combined by non-government organizations and with the government as our government is more focused on building our economy and still not thinking of it.

As the population gets higher we will definitely switch to renewable energy as our energy right now is getting lower and lower but in the case of my country they are still not focusing on this but maybe in the future it will be feasible.
I completely agree with you in this. There is no doubt that renewable energy brings a lot of benefits, but the cost of having it makes it hard for developing countries to have access to it. Perhaps one day it will be more accessible and affordable for more countries to switch over to it, but as of now only a few developed ones are on full gear.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1336

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 10:12:47 AM

I completely agree with you in this. There is no doubt that renewable energy brings a lot of benefits, but the cost of having it makes it hard for developing countries to have access to it. Perhaps one day it will be more accessible and affordable for more countries to switch over to it, but as of now only a few developed ones are on full gear.
It is always the same story, for example computers at the beginning were very expensive machines which required heavy maintenance and a multitude of experts, but as the technology became more common their size reduced and their price went down as well, renewable energy is the same, right now it is too expensive for developing countries which prefer to rely on proven and tested technology, but once more money is invested on renewable energy and more countries adopted it the cheaper it will become.
|MINER|

Activity: 1134
Merit: 423

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2023, 05:37:42 PM

Transforming the whole world into renewable energy is very difficult to implement.  For this, there will be many changes in our social system and life system which may be difficult to adapt to.  There are also many countries whose main trade is fossil fuels, they may not take the matter well.  Moreover, it is very complicated to maintain renewable energy. The industry of many countries of the world is immobile without fossil fuels.  In renewable energy we will not get the benefits that we are getting now.  Converting to 100% renewable energy is time consuming and difficult.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
topbitcoin

Activity: 1638
Merit: 690

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 06:09:37 PM

It is quite difficult to switch from old energy sources (fossil fuels) to renewable energy sources.

For now, we need to realize that the need for energy is increasing day by day, which you can see for yourself that almost every household item uses electricity, from washing clothes to washing dishes, everything uses a machine. Not to mention the addition of factories or companies that require more energy than that. And currently fossil fuels are the best alternative to answer energy needs, apart from being relatively cheap, fossil fuels also have quite a lot of availability. Even though the effects of these fuels have a very negative impact on environmental sustainability.
So in my opinion, currently most countries will not be able to switch completely from fossil energy sources to renewable energy sources, because this will cost quite a lot of money while most countries are still in the economic recovery stage caused by Covid-19 outbreak.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1073

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 07:04:58 PM

It is very ideal to utilize renewable energy because unlike non-renewable energy sources, they have little to no negative impact on our environment. Thus, they are sustainable sources of energy which means they last over time. But realistically speaking, it would be hard and challenging to transition from non-renewable energy to a 100% use of renewable energy because it requires a lot of time and money. Not only that, it would also require to have stringent planning because it does not just involve one sector, but all of us.

But again, this is a major change for us, and I think everyone will not approve because most of the industries are being run by non-renewable energy and it might affect them. So, I think in order for this to be feasible, the first step we must take is to educate people about the use of renewable energy sources and how it can benefit us and our environment.
Plus they are technically unlimited, which is the bigger point. Sure it's important to save the climate and environment, but for some reason some people do not care about that enough. Whereas, if you look at all the other energy sources, they are all limited, you can't have unlimited oil, or gas or coal or whatever, they are all limited. Whereas you can have unlimited amount of wind forever, or sun. Sure there will be a moment in the future when even sun stops burning, but that's not really a simple thing, we just need to accept our faith on it.

This should be important on so many levels, it's going to be hard but not going to be impossible. Hopefully we could end up with something that is better with this new sources.

Spaceman1000$

Activity: 532
Merit: 164

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 08:28:07 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2023, 08:40:52 PM by Spaceman1000$

So I read a thread on the forum by Ultegra134 that talked about renewable energy and he asked;

"The big question here is, can the world be 100% dependent on renewable energy sources? How can that be achieved and are they sustainable?"

The thing is, according to several studies and experts, it is possible for the world to be 100% dependent on renewable energy sources such as solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, and biomass. However, this would require a major transition of the current energy system, which is mostly based on fossil fuels that are non-renewable and contribute to climate change.

Some of the challenges and barriers to achieving this goal are technical, economic, social, and political. For example, renewable energy sources are often variable and intermittent, meaning they depend on natural conditions that are not always predictable or stable. This requires a reliable and flexible grid system that can balance supply and demand, as well as storage technologies that can store excess energy for later use.

Another challenge is the cost of renewable energy technologies and infrastructure, which may be higher than fossil fuels in some cases. However, many studies have shown that the benefits of renewable energy outweigh the costs in the long term, as they reduce greenhouse gas emissions, air pollution, health impacts, and dependence on imported fuels. Moreover, renewable energy can create more jobs and stimulate economic growth.

A third challenge is the social and political acceptance of renewable energy, which may face resistance from some groups or individuals who have vested interests in the fossil fuel industry or who are skeptical about climate change. To overcome this barrier, public awareness and education campaigns are needed to inform people about the benefits and feasibility of renewable energy, as well as policies and incentives that support its development and deployment.

In conclusion, it is possible for the world to be 100% dependent on renewable energy, but it would require a significant transformation of the current energy system and a collective effort from all stakeholders. Some countries and regions have already achieved or are close to achieving this goal, such as Iceland, Brazil, New Zealand’s South Island, Denmark’s Samsø island, and Germany’s Mecklenburg-Vorpommern and Schleswig-Holstein regions. These examples show that 100% renewable energy is not only feasible but also desirable for a sustainable future.

It's very possible for the world to move over to renewable energy. But there is large Market for crude oil already that is controlled by the high and mighty in the society, it has a very enviable profit margin. I feel this high and mighty people will fight the emergency of renewable energy because their source of wealth will be touched.
Secondly, it's too expensive to successfully establish the new structure of renewable energy across board, it can actually be done gradually with time but it will take a lengthy duration.

For me, making renewable energy come into fruition globally, it's something that should be done, because the direct emission of carbon has really affected and caused the depletion of the ozone layer,  there has been incessant occurrence of  heatwave is increasing by day, disaster like flood and wide fire constantly occurring. But if we begin to make renewable energy come through, some of this disasters will be reduced drastically.

coupable

Activity: 2352
Merit: 757

View Profile
September 24, 2023, 08:35:07 PM

So i think the question should be rephrased as, is it possible for the world to fine tune a non renewable energy source cheaply compared to renewable energy?
In fact, this is also an important question. Many research centers today are working to find ways to reduce the cost of energy production in its various forms, including green renewable energies. The biggest obstacle to this step is the costs of establishing power stations, since raw materials are not easily available and companies are still competing to monopolize, which raises their prices.
The world must unite to achieve this, and it cannot succeed if each country continues to operate independently, and this is the same case for companies working in the field as well.
Mr.right85

Activity: 924
Merit: 659

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2023, 11:23:55 PM

As hailed and cherished the ideas to renewable energy sources might be and the destruction fossil fuel might be causing to our environment, it’s important to also note that, more than half of the worlds population live below the average level. Now, the cost of maintenance on renewable energy source equipments becomes unaffordable to them and they are eventually cut loose. This makes the idea of the fossil fuel still of great importance not just for its availability and ease to use but, to the economy as well. It’s an easy to afford and wealth is generated not just from the rich and able in the society but the poor masses as well. The entire population contributes a quota which remains vital to economic stability.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀