Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:25:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Guide for Cryptocurrency Newbies for Overcoming FOMO  (Read 532 times)
Thunder storm

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 01:58:03 PM

A Guide for Cryptocurrency Newbies for Overcoming FOMO

hi buddy as i'm pretty new here and in also in the field of crypto currency. i was just looking for the guaidance and by scrolling some of thread i stumbled upon this thread which is really intreasted for me as a newbie

i got to know alot about some terms like DYOR, FOMO and DCA as i have never heard and seen about them anywhere. snowpega did a really good job i hope these terms will help me to in future to overcom my problem and i will be able to take good decions. i also read other post of the member in this thread if anyone have read other tread like this please share with me here i would like to read them as well being a newbie it may really me to add up my information and knowledge Many Thanks! Smiley   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ScoobyDu

Activity: 39
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 20, 2023, 12:31:02 PM

The point that you have raised is really important that before entering into crypto world put your focus first on learning the basic of cryptocurrency. Try to get a deep understanding of the underlying mechanisms of cryptocurrencies. A proper market research, control emotion, and a DCA method can help you to overcome FOMO.

I am completely on board with these techniques that you have discussed, and although the fact that I am a beginner in the bitcoin market, I aim to put them into practice as a means to improve my own confidence and my ability to make decisions.
Zigabel

Activity: 252
Merit: 152

Duelbits.com

View Profile
October 21, 2023, 09:02:14 AM

FOMO has made some persons accumulate losses instead of making profits, this is a comprehensive guide and I must Say OP did a good job, this guide will help every newbie who comes across it. Decision making is one factor that will impact great on your journey in the crypto space. Due to lack of proper knowledge, some persons results to hurried decisions, this occurs mostly when they certain new about the market.

But it's very important to carefully make decisions, with guidance and DYOR you get to make sound and solid decisions which will help you through your crypto journey. It's Also important to invest in getting knowledge and seeking guidance where necessary as it will really help a long way. After all this mastery will be the remaining rest and you are good in the crypto space.

snowpega (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 190

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2023, 01:40:15 PM

<snip>

You also mentioned a good point "DYOR" which is also a very important step of these days As we know that most of the newbies fell prey to FOMO just because of socia media fake trends. So, Conducting DYOR before taking any decision can be prove very positive step to overcome FOMO. Well, My this Topic gets Old after that i also create another topic on .......>>>[Guide] What is recommended to follow "Social Media Or DYOR" in the crypto world Which i think is also a good topic to read to overcome FOMO for my newbie members.

Because it is very important for newbies to know that there are alot of traps set by influencers by creating fake trending on the social media platforms to catch these newbies in their tricks who don't have any idea about these traps.

Awaklara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 660

View Profile
November 26, 2023, 01:54:34 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Because it is very important for newbies to know that there are alot of traps set by influencers by creating fake trending on the social media platforms to catch these newbies in their tricks who don't have any idea about these traps.
even the social media accounts of exchanges sometimes do it. it's not false information, they provide advice at the beginning and end of the video. even the decision will come back to all of them. and of course, investing and trading crypto assets is also risky. but there is pressure given to attract more beginners to buy or invest without any knowledge.
If someone is experienced, of course, they won't be affected. but for beginners who are very curious about a lot of news on social media and have a great interest in crypto investment, it will be very easy to get trapped.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 01, 2024, 03:11:26 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2024, 03:26:23 AM by JayJuanGee

To be very honest I have never seen the link you shared in your post which is somehow relating to my post. If you have any concern about those pictures I used to increase the understandability of post I edit them from Canva on my own. In the end, I would say I did my best to add/compile those things into one post which i learned from my senior members of bitcoin talk. i hope you understand my points and show some positive response. Smiley
Hmm, Well Op this is your direct post to the lovesmayfamilis but I can see here you've mentioned a point of the images used in the content, as far I know I think this was asked by me so, it's really great that to avoid any sort of claim on the images you've designed them at your own still buddy as I said there is no need for these Images, Hope so you've got my point.

I did mention a very casual reason why, in my above post for the Paraphrasing I think you need to wait for the lovesmayfamili's reply because I had never used the detector with a similar kind of interface, so I can't even guess. As far as your concern sometimes when we scan for the Palgrism and Paraphrasing Scan on the free tools they really don't provide reliable results but for testing purposes it's a good approach to at least scan from 2 or 3 different scanners. Don't worry if you haven't abused any of the rules buddy. Remember my Tip for using the images for a more valuable respresnetation.

Hmm i was just trying to clarify like there should be no reflection in any one's mind what is the source of the image thats why i mentioned. Rest of that many thanks for guiding me in a good way. These tips means me alot. I will try my best to act upon it. Pleasure Smiley

Even though Hamza2424 got a bit caught up on the pictures and your largely artificial presentation that appears to be a merit fishing kind of a post and that you are likely not providing as much substance as you are making it appear to be, and yes, sure I ended up meriting your post.. when perhaps maybe I should have held back a bit, because it does seem like you probably are not really coming up with too many of your own ideas or even properly sourcing from where-ever you might have ended up getting the ideas in the OP and how you ended up choosing to structure OP.

I am glad some of the members are looking out for plagiarizers and those who are not properly providing source for their information, and I hardly give any shits about images, except when the images have substantive comments or substantive ways of organizing information.. otherwise there is a lot of sharing of memes in order to make various points that are gotten from various image searches.. so the forum seems to be more relaxed about the mostly non-substantive images...

Anyhow, you seem to have had been playing a little dumb with your interaction with lovesmayfamilis's concerns, and maybe if you did not get caught this time or the proof was not strong enough because you covered up your stealing, paraphrasing and/or inproper sourcing, you hopefully will at least take the matter more seriously in the future if you either come up with these kinds of threads or you make posts that are most likely not properly sourced.  You could even cite a few articles and say that you were inspired by this and this and this, and you would like to repackage them.. but yeah, who is going to do that, when they are trying to claim that they just put the ideas together, even though they most likely did not do as much of the organizing and work as they are making it appear to have had been... which seems to be your particular case with this thread... and I had not really noticed it at first.. but I can see it a bit better after a few of the comments... and yeah members need to be putting their sources, just for courtesy sake.. and yeah it is also a bit weasely to be copying others and then rewriting portions of it..... and I will look at your DYOR thread.. in which you decided to put a disclaimer and to say that you had written that.. which sure, maybe you did learn your lesson from a shot over the bow.. which would be a good thing..  

and in the end..  hopefully you learn a lesson instead of being tricky about it, but to instead to do a bit more of the leg work and also a bit more of giving credit to some sources that likely inspired you in regards to your chosen subjects and how you organized them.. .even if there might have been more than one source.. perhaps? perhaps?

By the way, I am really irritated by your use of the term "crypto currency" and also failure/refusal to sufficiently distinguish bitcoin from crypto, so you put bitcoin into the same group, and likely I am also going to be bothered by your DYOR thread because you do the same thing and say that people are confused about the crypto world, blah blah blah. .but you are part of the problem because you are failing/refusing and also propagating a bunch of confusion by your sloppy use of the term crypto and acting like bitcoin is just part of that.. when you have failed/refused to properly and adequately define and/or distinguish what bitcoin actually is in terms of the "crypto scene" and to the extent that anything that you are talking about is relevant to anything, if you don't seem to have any clues about bitcoin's role in the matter... so likely you need to get some of that straight  in your own head . ...

...since you are starting threads and trying to present yourself as being able to organize information and using gobble-dee-gook,  vague and misleading language without clarifying what the fuck you are talking about, which happens to mean that you need to describe what is bitcoin in reference to this vague-ass term that you choose to use, namely crypto.  In other words, in order to provide you with a wee bit of a hint, some things (or even categories in which you chose to talk about in OP) apply to bitcoin, but they do not apply to crypto.. meaning shitcoins.. and shitcoins should be treated as shitcoins.. which bitcoin is not a shitcoin.. but somethings you mention do apply to shitcoins, but you still should be attempting to be clear about which things might apply to both bitcoin and shitcoins and which things might only apply to bitcoin and which things might only apply to shitcoins, but if you were to do that, then you would have to be able to recognize and appreciate the difference, which you don't seem to recognize, either from this thread and from the little I read so far in your DYOR thread..

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: