Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:11:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DCA vs Zone Specific Strategies While Accumulation of Bitcoins  (Read 499 times)
KiaKia

Activity: 658
Merit: 386

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2023, 05:59:40 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Every other thing with Bitcoin accumulation comes after a good source of income, if you are not financially stable, your Bitcoin accumulation will not be that effective, you will be sluggish about it because you are to also survive financially while buying Bitcoin, the best advice I can share with people is to find a good source of income first, how and when you will start buying Bitcoin comes after.

Some people get tired of accumulation after a while, maybe because it looks like the bull market isn't coming soon, a close friend is presently behaving in such a manner right now and I am the only one cheering him up to be strong, it seems most people are like this, they get tired along the way too quick.

Honestly, it's best to prepare yourself for the bear market before it even get started, make your money in the bull market and wait for the bear market, divide your money into three for three long years of possible bear market, and use those funds to DCA monthly as we gradually go through the bear season, things don't just get easy, you prepare for it.

.BITWINUP.
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
BITCOIN PVP PREDECTION GAME

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████░░███████████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀

VS

▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████░░░░░░░░░░███████
█████████░░░░░░█████████
███████████░░███████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

.Play to earn Crypto.
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fiatless

Activity: 532
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 08, 2023, 06:11:54 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Simply stack Bitcoin if you have the means to do so.

I mean, paying yourself first, which includes setting aside a fixed amount of money to buy Bitcoin, works like a charm for me regardless of the market conditions. In my case, every time I win an art contest, receive my signature campaign payout, receive my monthly salary, or get paid for some freelance commissioned artworks, I make sure that every penny that fills my wallet automatically increases my Bitcoin stash.

No chart or any sort of noise. Just following a strict budgeting religiously.
The OP did good research and presentation on the various plans to accumulate Bitcoin as well as how to handle situations that might make one lose focus. But I like to keep it simple to avoid complications. For me, bitcoin accumulation is automatically embedded in my income. What that means is that when my income increases, it will affect my bitcoin holding but a reduction of my income will make me buy less. This is just my simple method because I don't have much idea about market analysis or the use of bots.  Looking at the market condition can also lead to FUD, this is why I don't pay much attention to it and just focus on my accumulation plans. My profit margin is not too high to avoid missing out. I will sell some part of my coins when it gets to my target and keep others for the next phase of my plans.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
 PLAY NOW 
Crypt0Gore

Activity: 840
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 08, 2023, 11:19:17 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Promocodeudo (1), Antotena (1)

Emergencies funds are not that easy to prepare, because you must be making a lot of money to be able to put some funds aside for emergencies and still be able to take responsibility at home, this can be very demanding, so the best advice I can give anyone about Bitcoin accumulation is to get a good job, and make sure you cut your clothes to your size.

Just because your friend can buy or DCA with $100 every week into Bitcoin doesn't mean you must do the same thing, your friend's job might be paying a lot more than yours, and also the responsibility of your friend might be lower than yours, do not chase anyone when DCAing into Bitcoin.

Buy and Hold based on how much you are earning, if you are earning less, then invest less in Bitcoin, you need to remember that surviving throughout the bearish market is tasking on its own and that's why you need to invest what you can only afford to lose, it's going to be a tough ride but if all you invest is money you won't be needing for the next few years, you will make it through peacefully.

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█                             █
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          █
            ▄▄████████▄▄     █
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄   █
          █████▀▀  ▀▀█████▄  █
          █████      ██████  █
          █████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀  █
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▀   █
            ▀▀████████▀▀     █
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          █
█                             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
ROLLBOTS
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
   PLAY NOW   
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
October 08, 2023, 11:38:03 AM

Simply awesome way to go with the Bitcoin. I couldn’t agree more on the mentioned methods here because I am already following couple of them. First DCA is my favourite and secondly aggressive buying in the bear market is just best way to recover everything. I mean that’s the best point where we can boost our average purchase cost and thus can easily put me into even safe zone. This directly takes me closer to the profit window. However with the same strategy I am already living a good line with my portfolio above Break even point since I am holding most of the coins since last year and with various payments now and then I am automatically making DCA work for me. It’s definitely one vote up strategy.
MCUKing (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 69

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 08:04:55 AM
Merited by fillippone (1)

No chart or any sort of noise. Just following a strict budgeting religiously.

Will it be most efficient at the end of the day, I really don't think so, Newbies can go for this strategy as they are not very experienced and they don't possess the lumps and sums. Why be dependent if you are capable of doing much better?

Exactly right on point. It is my mindset when I started doing the DCA (dollar-cost averaging) mid-last year regardless of the market condition, cycle, etc. I honestly have less belief in “cycles” in which anything can change unexpectedly without warning.

Haha... So my senior brother/sister you are in a very big misconception, the Bitcoin cycle is a reality and its proper analysis is very important because you won't be able to make any efficient decision without it.

This is why even if BTC went downhill last time, I was not concerned that much and I just kept on doing DCA. I always make sure that the money I’ve saved for family and emergency is my top priority and investments are at the very least in the priority list.

Do consider that..  here we are not discussing the financial goals, it's purely about the Bitcoin accumulation, Everyone knows family is to be always your first priority, senior.

First to accumulating Bitcoin you have to look at the benefits and the rewards, it's not profitable to accumulate Bitcoin and then lose it to scammers or hackers so you ought to protect your funds no matter the amount of Bitcoin you can afford.

A very good point I was considering this point here but due to the length optimization I exclude this external factor. Anyway all you need to know about strategy is already there for the proper accumulation process as pre and after management, we can discuss later in any other topic.

Now i need some clarifications from you that, you said, distribution zone is for booking profit from the accumulation that you had did but for the short term investors. But i would say anyone who have accumulated the BTC and are trying to book the profit in ath then they might not be considered as short term investors. Because they are at least holding the funds for 1 year and must be consider as holder (long term) I might be wrong here that's why i am asking you to please simplify it for me.

First of all the 1-year hold and invest can't be considered a long-term investment it may fall into the semi-mid-term investment. Let me clarify but in the Bitcoin, a cycle lasts 4 years and in the cycle, the time span is not at all specific with any zone as any zone may last 2 years+ or any zone may last in a few months. booking profit on ATH cant be a long-term holding as a long-term.

PS: BTW a nice compilation, i really like your post and keep coming with such topics.

Thanks for the appreciation pretty disappointed by the response on the thread as everyone seems to be discussing the DCA DCA & DCA nobody considering the discussion of the Zone specific strategies which were mentioned to be discussed as after this whole study before posting and in my post as well I did mention that DCA can be an allrounder but it is not at all efficient if it is justified that was used to be the purpose of this topic. Everyone posted hurry I think except for a few ones  (3 to 4) that they considered a redundant or typical topic. There were a few concerns which are not clarified. I was expecting a full-on debate on different strategies to obtain useful insights from seniors.

That it I will consider other replies in the next post.

Let's see what impact it brings in the new replies after changing the Subject title.
snowpega

Activity: 350
Merit: 185

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2023, 03:55:41 PM

DCA vs Zone Specific Strategies While Accumulation of Bitcoins

i was going through and stumble upon this thread which i really feel informative like Accumulation of Bitcoin is really good part if you are going for the big race and have set your goals to take ATH profit ...

Well, DCA is really interesting thing for the accumulation of bitcoin. I appreciate you for that you may have invest you quality time to compile this data And Secondly, You give the advice to avoid the FOMO which is really positive point in your Post. Most of the time people stuck in the FOMO trap and take sudden decision being emotional or in Hurry.

I also had created the thread over FOMO like how people can overcome this If you don't mid i'm mentioned it here....>>>A Guide for Cryptocurrency Newbies for Overcoming FOMO

Prepare the Emergency Funds:

You also Point out this thing here even you learn it from here which is really good thing like we learn from each other experiences we had in our daily life. what you learn you share here with us. You had done your best part to emphasis to always be ready for the emergency fund  for those who are putting their all funds for the Bitcoin accumulation blindly. like, they don't spread out some of their money aside so that they will be able to use it in the emergency situation or whenever they need it.

At the end i would say OP, keep bringing here informative topics like this. Reading these kinda threads may help newbies to learn and groom their self at the same time. 

Faisal2202

Activity: 1190
Merit: 465

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2023, 07:31:25 AM

First of all the 1-year hold and invest can't be considered a long-term investment it may fall into the semi-mid-term investment. Let me clarify but in the Bitcoin, a cycle lasts 4 years and in the cycle, the time span is not at all specific with any zone as any zone may last 2 years+ or any zone may last in a few months. booking profit on ATH cant be a long-term holding as a long-term.
You have got a valid point, I honestly, did now know the terms, like semi mid term etc. I searched it on AI and asked about it and it says, mid-term investment is less than 3 years and long-term is longer than 5 years. I don't know if this information is accurate, but I am aware of the types of trading and also know how long a trader holds on his/her trades, and if that limit crosses I start to call it to hold. And that's a maximum of 1 year.

But I think I should check on it more because I need more confirmation to start accepting new knowledge because I was getting the wrong idea till now just by accepting the statements others made on the time period of trading and holding.

Thanks for the appreciation pretty disappointed by the response on the thread as everyone seems to be discussing the DCA DCA & DCA nobody considering the discussion of the Zone specific strategies which were mentioned to be discussed as after this whole study before posting and in my post as well I did mention that DCA can be an allrounder but it is not at all efficient if it is justified that was used to be the purpose of this topic. Everyone posted hurry I think except for a few ones  (3 to 4) that they considered a redundant or typical topic. There were a few concerns which are not clarified. I was expecting a full-on debate on different strategies to obtain useful insights from seniors.

That it I will consider other replies in the next post.

Let's see what impact it brings in the new replies after changing the Subject title.
It's not your fault, sometimes it happens here, I mean I also made this mistake once, when I read the topic and a few lines of the post and interpreted it wrong and made a reply that was totally off-topic, but I think DCA talks are somehow relevant to your topic, I did not read all of the replies one by one made on this topic.

But, If you say so, then I think I can agree with you on it.

And talking about the irrelevancy of the commentators, I think your topic is a broad one, I mean, it would be wise if you would talk about each of the zones in different topics, like a version or series. That would be wise and try to remain more relevant in your individual topics because that's how you will get relevant replies on your topics. Otherwise, members are really not in a very rush but except a few, and all they do is notice some mistake or correction, or if they have any idea about something that you have written in the post, they share those ideas and nothing else.

Dictator69

Activity: 109
Merit: 70

View Profile
October 14, 2023, 06:46:48 AM
Merited by MCUKing (2)

You also Point out this thing here even you learn it from here which is really good thing like we learn from each other experiences we had in our daily life. what you learn you share here with us. You had done your best part to emphasis to always be ready for the emergency fund  for those who are putting their all funds for the Bitcoin accumulation blindly. like, they don't spread out some of their money aside so that they will be able to use it in the emergency situation or whenever they need it.

At the end i would say OP, keep bringing here informative topics like this. Reading these kinda threads may help newbies to learn and groom their self at the same time. 
This forum is really great in this manner my friend, because I got to learn a lot about crypto and BTC, just by reading posts and replying to them. And the best part, where we learn more is when someone writes a word which is not in y mind's dictionary. I mean new to me. So, what I simply do is go to Google and search about it and read about it, and while reading it, I get to know about more terms. Is that not awesome?

And the accumulation and emergency funds are the terms, about which I get to be familiar with recently by jayjuangee. I can see you were also active there and the OP was too, I think from that topic we all get to know about this new information. I don't know if you have any experience, or if you are also like me. I would like to ask; did you make your first purchase of BTC till yet or not? Well, I am still making enough money but, in this inflation, I was able to make only $30 but saved in local currency. I hope to buy some BTC from the gladiator (our local community guy as he is making p2p) But for that, I will wait to see his legitimacy.

Oops, I was going 0ff-topic. The thing is, we should definitely have emergency funds otherwise we will be devastated, I recently made a reply to JJG, and you should read that, in my post history. You will get to know more if you will read all the replies we had.
Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2023, 10:14:58 AM

This is truly an extensive explanation for both new members who are just starting their Bitcoin journey as well as those who have been there. It truly cover most of the discussion in various threads I have been following and it is good to see them all brought together under one thread.

I tend to favour long term HODL because I have found that more effective and comfortable for me, which also allows me to maximize profits. In other words, long-term HODL allows me to grow in wealth, and as you know, the feeling that you have aged for the future has a way of adding to longevity.

Considering the little time we have before next year's halving, I think anyone preparing for the anticipated bull run expected to start next year can combine the DCA method and instant execution at key price points. In this way, you would have injected a reasonable amount of money into Bitcoin before the price shifts to a new zone. I have seen a lot of discussion in favour of this approach, and that confirms it is an effective way of accumulating Bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1030

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2023, 12:02:11 PM

You have a valid point, I honestly, did now know the terms, like semi mid term etc. I searched it on AI and asked about it and it says, mid-term investment is less than 3 years and long-term is longer than 5 years. I don't know if this information is accurate, but I am aware of the types of trading and also know how long a trader holds on his/her trades, and if that limit crosses I start to call it to hold. And that's a maximum of 1 year.

Dear the time span of all these short to long-term investments can vary from market to market or perspective to perspective, as you know here in the Bitcoin and crypto market a one-year investment is considered a mid-term investment. Information can be wrong or right here but what matters is the source and the point of view of explaining the cycle to the end. You can compare the interval between the stock market and Bitcoin to authenticate what I'm trying to say.

The Investment category falls under the total cycle timeline in your analysis if the cycle is 4 years 1 year is short term and 2-3 years is mid-term and 3-4 years is long term. So what matters is the total timeline of your analysis. Here in the Bitcoin market we generally consider every analysis of zones based on the 4-year cycle.

I tend to favour long term HODL because I have found that more effective and comfortable for me, which also allows me to maximize profits. In other words, long-term HODL allows me to grow in wealth, and as you know, the feeling that you have aged for the future has a way of adding to longevity.

HODL can be really a good approach in both terms to maximize the returns and to avoid any FOMO and fear with market momentum, in other words a risk management proof strategy.

Best-mary

Activity: 280
Merit: 8

BTC Lover|Crypto Educator| We Grow by Learning!

View Profile
October 14, 2023, 12:10:49 PM

To accumulate Bitcoin better, you must have good finance and good personal financial management for yourself, your family and your investment. Your investment should come to like your last priority because you and your family must survive, live well first.

If you have good job(s), good income, you can have more source of capital for investment after using part of your income for necessary expense and surely have money for emergency.

After you have fund, best strategy is Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) with which you will make accumulation without emotion and you will be less affected by psychology cycle of market.

Even so, he can use Dual Investment. This strategy is easy to implement with no stress. Works more like DCA but the advanced version of it where you can set when to sell or buy automatically

I believe in Crypto| BTC Analyst| Trader in good Cex (Bitget and Binance)
Blitzboy

Activity: 1204
Merit: 556

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 14, 2023, 12:41:33 PM

Every other thing with Bitcoin accumulation comes after a good source of income, if you are not financially stable, your Bitcoin accumulation will not be that effective, you will be sluggish about it because you are to also survive financially while buying Bitcoin, the best advice I can share with people is to find a good source of income first, how and when you will start buying Bitcoin comes after.

Some people get tired of accumulation after a while, maybe because it looks like the bull market isn't coming soon, a close friend is presently behaving in such a manner right now and I am the only one cheering him up to be strong, it seems most people are like this, they get tired along the way too quick.

Honestly, it's best to prepare yourself for the bear market before it even get started, make your money in the bull market and wait for the bear market, divide your money into three for three long years of possible bear market, and use those funds to DCA monthly as we gradually go through the bear season, things don't just get easy, you prepare for it.
Indeed, your views on Bitcoin accumulation and financial management throughout bull and bear markets are generally shared! First, supporting your friend during their Bitcoin accumulating scepticism is admirable; such moral support is crucial during crypto market turmoil. Division of funds and selectively DCA over possibly long bear markets shows insight and disciplined investing that many ignore.

The mental and emotional sides of investing, especially in a risky market like cryptocurrencies, must also be explored. A strong support network and ongoing knowledge-sharing sessions may help one cope with market unpredictability and psychological fatigue. Forums, discussions, and community events where people share experiences and strategies can strengthen one's determination and the crypto community's.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Best-mary

Activity: 280
Merit: 8

BTC Lover|Crypto Educator| We Grow by Learning!

View Profile
October 14, 2023, 12:50:31 PM

OP, you have done well to bring up this information here and it will really help newbies and those who haven't bought bitcoin yet. I will prefer the regular DCA method because this is the best way one can keep on accumulating more bitcoin, in order to increase his bitcoin portfolio gradually. DCA doesn't bother about the price of bitcoin at that moment either it is pumping or dumping because it is a continuous process and you are investing for a long period of time, maybe 8-10 years. Buying at the dip is also good but the disadvantage is that one have to wait till the price dips and at that time you might have spent the funds that you budgeted down for buying at the dip, which will lead to regrets at the end of the day. What matters is for you to have a proper plan of amount that you will assign for regular DCA based on your income. DCA approach is the best strategy for beginners, but if you have accumulated up to your target amount of bitcoin, then you can consider buying at the dip as a good strategy. Patience is the key to long term investment and DCA helps you accumulate with ease.

The best part in accumulating is actually when market is showing it is at a discount price. There I already use the strategy I have mentioned before to buy and then set when to sell. Honestly, there a several means to reduce stress in this market period

I believe in Crypto| BTC Analyst| Trader in good Cex (Bitget and Binance)
kryptqnick
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1384

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
October 14, 2023, 01:45:42 PM

People often acknowledge that while the DCA is a good strategy, it might be best to just wait out the times of extreme volatility of the bull and the bear markets. I think it's enough to only wait out the rapid bull markets, as I see no issues with buying when it's going down.
I appreciate the detailed guide of the op with the tips for different zones, and surely some might be willing to upgrade their strategies to use some of those tips. However, a major advantage of the DCA is how simple it is, whereas this sort of guide makes it a much more elevated (and complicated) strategy because a person needs to identify the zones (which IMO are often identifiable only in hindsight, by the way) and follow specific zone-dependent guidelines.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Fuso.hp

Activity: 434
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 15, 2023, 05:46:27 AM

Nothing beats a perfect trading when it comes to most effective Bitcoin accumulation, but the problem is the timing.  People never know when will be the next dip to buy Bitcoin and when will be the next surge to sell BTC and not get burn due to miscalculation

Instead,  more people go for hodl in order to save themselves from the troubles of daily volatility of Bitcoin market.  Aside from that long term holding also save investors from rigorous calculation an chart reading which at the end the prediction created is still not 100% to happen.

It is true that nothing can be predicted with certainty about market movements. Sometimes we find that the price of a particular coin goes up periodically after we sell our investments but when we buy a coin the price of that coin goes down again. Many people may sometimes think that the market is in the opposite direction of our investment, but this is not the case. If we take a good look, we will realize that the timing of our investment was wrong we did not invest at the right time. We have to have a lot of understanding about the market, besides having a lot of understanding about the market we have to wait for the right time when we can invest. Before investing we should have the idea that we must hold our investment for a long time. Whenever we hold our investment for a long period of time we will see that after a long time we have got a lot of good from our investment.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 19, 2023, 09:37:54 PM

Most likely they need to adjust their position size - or at least maybe the amount that they are putting into bitcoin.. because maybe they put in too much in the beginning.. and sure they could also be in the negative if they front loaded at higher prices and then even if they continue to buy, they are not able to bring down their average cost per BTC below their current average cost per BTC.

Sometimes people conclude that they prepare for the bear season by selling, and sure, I am not really opposed for selling on the way up, but it can be a bit problematic to be selling on the way down.  And, another thing with selling is that frequently there are needs NOT to sell too much too soon.--- especially if you consider yourself to be in BTC accumulation phase, and maybe you don't really have a lot of bitcoin, so it would not even make a whole hell of a lot of sense to sell much of your BTC, especially if you are really early in your BTC accumulation phase.. .and only you (or each one of us) can determine much BTC that we believe that we need based on where we are at in life and other personal circumstances.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7768

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2023, 10:06:07 PM

So DCA is fine but you can simply enhance it with

Step ladder down buys at an exchange

and step ladder up sells at an exchange.

Along with a dca cash reserve.

Step 1 set up 100usd a week dca
step 2 set up a -15,-20,-25,-30 % buy for 250 + 250 + 250 +250

Step 3 set up a sell off ladder at levels like 72k 88k 101K 125K

Step 4 stack some case reserves 50 a week dca

so in a year

you purchase 5200 usd in btc
you may buy lump or not 1000 usd cash for lump buy's
you may sell lump or not 0.04 btc for up sales
and 2600 cash

this plan calls for 7800 dca in a year and 1000 + 1000 for possible swing up or swing down

and at the end of each year re evaluate your next years setup.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
October 19, 2023, 10:23:43 PM
Merited by iamsange (1)

Most likely they need to adjust their position size - or at least maybe the amount that they are putting into bitcoin.. because maybe they put in too much in the beginning.. and sure they could also be in the negative if they front loaded at higher prices and then even if they continue to buy, they are not able to bring down their average cost per BTC below their current average cost per BTC.

Sometimes people conclude that they prepare for the bear season by selling, and sure, I am not really opposed for selling on the way up, but it can be a bit problematic to be selling on the way down.  And, another thing with selling is that frequently there are needs NOT to sell too much too soon.--- especially if you consider yourself to be in BTC accumulation phase, and maybe you don't really have a lot of bitcoin, so it would not even make a whole hell of a lot of sense to sell much of your BTC, especially if you are really early in your BTC accumulation phase.. .and only you (or each one of us) can determine much BTC that we believe that we need based on where we are at in life and other personal circumstances.
Adjusting the position for each purchase for me will not be a big problem in accumulating Bitcoin. Because at each stage someone may not have an appropriate budget so their purchasing level is a little small but that is not a problem. Because from the initial investment stage they did not accumulate large amounts of bitcoin so it would not have a negative impact on the planning they had done. But if they commit large quantities in the initial stages of purchasing they will likely have to balance the budget accordingly at later levels and stabilize their planning at each stage.

But each person may have quite different ways of accumulating Bitcoin. It could be that they buy instantly in the early stages with large amounts and when the price falls they only have a small budget to accumulate Bitcoin. Which could be that in the course of their Bitcoin investment it becomes negative if you look at the estimated value they execute. But still it will not affect performance fatally enough if they continue to buy to be able to balance a structure in better planning in the years to come.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Makus

Activity: 308
Merit: 214

Bitcoin!!

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2023, 12:15:09 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2023, 12:28:59 AM by Makus
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), fillippone (1)

Well said JJG, I would never recommend a beginner to invest much at his initial level, reason being that, at that level the investor might not have the ability to make decisions using his knowledge rather than emotions, at least the person should apply DCA with smaller amount before graduating gradually to accumulate with higher figures. I will also recommend knowledge before diving into holding, and knowledge without application is as good as waisted efforts because, there is no need for learning at the first place if you'll  discard all that you've learnt when the time for applying them arrives, it's wise to ask experienced persons questions, so you'll learn from practical individuals rather than reading too many articles that has misleading solutions to your question.

Sometimes people conclude that they prepare for the bear season by selling, and sure, I am not really opposed for selling on the way up, but it can be a bit problematic to be selling on the way down.  And, another thing with selling is that frequently there are needs NOT to sell too much too soon.--- especially if you consider yourself to be in BTC accumulation phase, and maybe you don't really have a lot of bitcoin, so it would not even make a whole hell of a lot of sense to sell much of your BTC, especially if you are really early in your BTC accumulation phase.. .and only you (or each one of us) can determine much BTC that we believe that we need based on where we are at in life and other personal circumstances.

Here is a post I saw a month ago where a bitcoiner was advising other not to sell their coins the way he did.

But still it will not affect performance fatally enough if they continue to buy to be able to balance a structure in better planning in the years to come.

I have seen cases where by people buy so much coin and within a short period, they came back selling them, not because they've achieved their goal but because they applied the wrong strategy at the wrong time. I am not a fan of accumulating with lump sum as it can easily tamper with your emotions, especially when you are a beginner.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2023, 12:39:11 AM

(.....)

I was not aware of it firstly while exploring the forum, in the Buy&Hold with a discussion between seniors and JJG, still need to be more familiar with this strategy but what I've learned is this amount should be in the stable currency from which medium you can utilize it in any sort of unexpected market momentum. I'd like to ask here what seniors think about this.
This is extremely important as I can relate before. Always have extra funds, emergency funds. Because in the Bitcoin market, always expect the unexpected. I experienced this before when COVID-19 started, we saw a huge dump there, and everyone must remember it.
With I have no emergency funds, I nearly loaned money to someone just to buy cheap Bitcoins but it changed my mind, I know it's wrong to loan just to buy Bitcoin or any asset that is not guaranteed.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██