Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:12:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Chess playing with it's potentials to enhance mental productiveness to trading.  (Read 247 times)
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 15, 2023, 03:17:03 PM

I have heard how some games are potential to build ones immunes and mental facts but never found one interesting but I am thrilled at this one chess playing after I have come to create some possible analysis on what impact it is capable on mental interjection and inspirations within my trading firms.
After putting the above stated potential in considerations, I hope to put this in practice maybe others can equally give it trial

Chess is a great game, it offers a lot of benefits that include among others training of the brain, increased concentration and helps us to think ahead in a complex environment. Anybody that played chess as a kid should keep it up as an adult. However, somebody that has never played chess in his life and only wants to take it up because of the health and trading benefits, might lack the long term motivation. It's important to also find joy in the game, otherwise it will be hard to invest the time to get good. That's why I would not focus on chess alone, there are other games like Go or Sodoku that train our brain as well and can help us become a better trader. Even meditation is a great tool that traders have recommended me in the past. Anything that helps focus our mind and let's us block out unproductive thoughts is good and if we enjoy the activity than we should include it in our daily routines.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
October 17, 2023, 07:24:11 PM

While I agree that mental games can give you benefits, why not learn by making small trades over time? One key skill that is hard to learn without doing any trading activity is emotional management and decision-making imo. I don't think you can learn that by playing chess or other games since the mental burden is different. It is almost impossible to replicate the emotional part of trading unless you trade in my opinion.
You mean do trading on top of it? Why not? As long as we can handle it because mental games can also be stressful and trading too. Even without mental games, learning alone can already taught us a lot of lessons, including those what we can get in the mental games. Their only difference is mental games are a type of games so it can also provide us a fun.

Many of us are battling with our emotions and I believe we already find different remedies for it. Many of us aren't also a trader. It's a big advantage if we already combat it before we step in the trading ground. That is because our emotion can affect the way we decide on certain thing.

Hamza2424
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1040

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2023, 07:54:15 PM

I don't like chess.
A weird game that has nothing relatable to reality.
Just a myth whatever you're talking about. Magnus Carlsen is a great chess player who cant trade I can bet hehe... So buddy calm down and don't waste your time on learning the tactics of chess better study the market psychology. (Don't take it personally  Grin Grin just a friendly tiger.)

GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1428
Merit: 658

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
October 17, 2023, 08:42:29 PM

How can mind games enhance skills not directly related to trading? Chess can teach you to always have a back-up plan, logical thinking, and analytical skills but you cannot be skilled at trading or make profits from it.
Chess is one of the games that has received analysis and scrutiny, and there are many scientific papers about it. If I find time, I will try to limit them and the extent of their impact on trading.
I think that op should understand that their is different between normal reasoning and skill as per say, what I want you to understand from my own understanding concerning chess game is that it's a game that deals with reasoning while trading is a skill you acquired from someone else.

So saying that chess game will enhance someone who is a trader to do well in trading I think is not a cogent reason, in every section they have their own strategy and if their strategies is a welcomed development we can dance to the tone as much as we can, but primarily a chess game don't have anything to do with trading skill as you point out.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Hamza2424
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2023, 05:07:00 PM

I think that op should understand that their is different between normal reasoning and skill as per say, what I want you to understand from my own understanding concerning chess game is that it's a game that deals with reasoning while trading is a skill you acquired from someone else.

I do agree with that, but I'm sure OP's writing is from another perspective where he might be trying to indicate that when a healthy mind practices the panic moves, recurrent decisions in a game this exercise really assist in the efficiency of the decision-making kind of similar scenarios in the trading as well. I've said what I think in my first impression of Chess vs trading.

So saying that chess game will enhance someone who is a trader to do well in trading I think is not a cogent reason, in every section they have their own strategy and if their strategies is a welcomed development we can dance to the tone as much as we can, but primarily a chess game don't have anything to do with trading skill as you point out.

Chess and trading may seem unrelated, but they share a common thread in mindset, adaptability, and strategy adoption. While the specific moves and fields differ, the pressure of emotions remains similar.

DVlog

Activity: 476
Merit: 212

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
October 18, 2023, 05:39:05 PM

I don't like chess.
Just a myth whatever you're talking about. Magnus Carlsen is a great chess player who cant trade I can bet hehe... So buddy calm down and don't waste your time on learning the tactics of chess better study the market psychology. (Don't take it personally  Grin Grin just a friendly tiger.)

It's a mind game, and whether you like it or not playing chase can help a person improve their critical thinking. He can be calm in a situation of panic and his mental ability improves over time. Being smart and making a profit with trading are two different things. To conduct successful trading activities a person needs to have extensive knowledge of finance and essential factors related to trading activities.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2023, 05:55:17 PM

I don't like chess.

It's a mind game, and whether you like it or not playing chase can help a person improve their critical thinking. He can be calm in a situation of panic and his mental ability improves over time. Being smart and making a profit with trading are two different things. To conduct successful trading activities a person needs to have extensive knowledge of finance and essential factors related to trading activities.

I do play Chess but I also do not see this to be helpful in trading, but maybe applying Critical thinking and planning will be able to make success in trading.

What I like in Chess is that I get to play the king of a kingdom and see what could the other kingdom do to defeat me. So proper decision-making and defenses will be planned before the strike happens. A war in medieval times is how I see Chess. more like the Game of Thrones  Grin

justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 18, 2023, 06:29:51 PM

How can mind games enhance skills not directly related to trading? Chess can teach you to always have a back-up plan, logical thinking, and analytical skills but you cannot be skilled at trading or make profits from it.
Chess is one of the games that has received analysis and scrutiny, and there are many scientific papers about it. If I find time, I will try to limit them and the extent of their impact on trading.

I am not entirely sure if that's the case, I can't really argue this point because it is not going to end up with anything that is clearer but that also doesn't mean that we are going to end up with anything that would make sense. I hope that we could end up with something that would be more marginalized in a way that it wouldn't really be just one way or the other way.

I think both chess and trading has similar parts and different parts and we can do it for the similar parts if we enjoy playing chess, but if we do not enjoy playing chess then the benefits are not big enough to justify forcing ourselves to make that kind of contribution. I believe that we should be focusing a little bit more towards the part where it would make sense to deal with some bigger returns, and for that to work we need to end up with something that should be a lot more risky. Many people are unaware of the fact that gaining side-skill is not the point, learning trading itself is the only way to go.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
DVlog

Activity: 476
Merit: 212

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
October 18, 2023, 07:46:37 PM

I don't like chess.

I do play Chess but I also do not see this to be helpful in trading, but maybe applying Critical thinking and planning will be able to make success in trading.

What I like in Chess is that I get to play the king of a kingdom and see what could the other kingdom do to defeat me. So proper decision-making and defenses will be planned before the strike happens. A war in medieval times is how I see Chess. more like the Game of Thrones  Grin

So you would like to be the king who is the weakest on the board. Queen is the most powerful player on a chess board if i am not mistaken and chess is not all about war. Its about reading your opponents moves, analyzing them to predict their future move and manipulates their minds to provoke them to take the wrong move. Chess can be called a game of two minds.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
Hamza2424
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2023, 09:19:36 PM

It seems like I have someone who agrees with me. Haha, the idea of chess with kings and kingdom wars is just a fantasy constrained by the limits of the cinematic world. Here in the crypto market, it's like playing a game of chess with no clear home, except maybe for that one protective and friendly dog, hehe. I don't even want to invest my emotions and time into it. Be very clear while investing your time in any subject because the subject won't lose anything but you will.

Here Bitcoin is the King haha as there is no Chess game so it is a kind of self-made supremacy and all the way dominant through its journey lol.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: