Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:47:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What conditions might cause you to stop gambling?  (Read 619 times)
CryptSafe

Activity: 756
Merit: 435

View Profile
November 10, 2023, 03:44:32 PM

OP stopping gambling is not an easy task.

Yes, it's true, stopping gambling is a difficult thing to do, especially if we have been gambling for years. However, I once experienced a condition that made me unable to continue gambling because I ran out of money. I had almost nothing and almost borrowed money to gamble. So in my opinion, when we really don't have any more money, that's when we have to stop gambling, we should even think about stopping or taking a break if within a few days we experience continuous losses.

Even though stopping gambling is difficult, we have to do it and have control over ourselves because when we don't have control we will fall into bad situations and end up worse.

Changing ones habit is not an easy task. It happens is that, I was in the same situation as you..not addict but I gambled a lot. But look at me now. I don't gamble as much as used to be. Maybe once in a week, when the weekends start. Like when grown mens gather after a long work week and take a day off.

The only reason I reduced/abandoned my gambling habit is because of my children. I don't want them to be a gambling addict. I know how far gambling addiction can get. So I don't gamble in front of them, mostly I don't gamble much. Thought I still check different things related with gambling. I'm happy now.

I know it is not an easy task quitting something you are already used to or something that has been like a routine or a part of your life for a very long period of time. As a married man, I believe not every one would want their kids to know or see them gambling because they would not like it and as such would always wants to do away with it from their homes so that their various families would have no idea that they gamble. It is nice you took that decision to limit your gambling lifestyle for the sake of your family
 Although it is not an easy decision because of the fact of you being used to it but at some point one would need Mae some sacrifice for the sake of their families. You have done well mate.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀