Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:24:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally I did it (I am happy to join).  (Read 1904 times)
gunhell16

Activity: 1680
Merit: 475

View Profile
January 06, 2024, 10:13:31 AM

Well, honestly speaking, I don't remember which of the posts I posted here on the forum gave you encouragement, OP, but anyway, thank you, and you appreciated whatever I posted that encouraged you to buy Bitcoin.

At the same time, I am also glad that you have taken one step first, and I am sure that you will take one step after another in the decision that you have made about holding bitcoin in the long term.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Victorybit1

Activity: 155
Merit: 80

View Profile
January 06, 2024, 10:24:28 AM

Congratulations on your investment. I'm also happy I took a bold step last year to invest from the money well-wishers gave me and my baby after delivery. I got that idea also from this forum. Indeed Bitcoin talk is giving us amazing ideas. Everyone who joins this forum should endeavor to read and gain knowledge about Bitcoin investment because this should be the sole purpose of everyone who joins this forum.
lizarder

Activity: 1554
Merit: 877

View Profile
January 07, 2024, 07:02:05 AM

Dollar-Cost-Averaging (DCA) method has made it easy for everyone to invest now if anyone wants to invest in Bitcoin then they can start investing with a very small amount using this method. Dollar-cost averaging (DCA) is a special type of strategy where investors buy small amounts of Bitcoin regularly over a period of time as the price of Bitcoin fluctuates. This dollar-cost-averaging (DCA) method allows traders to take entries at the right time and right price.

There are many people who cannot buy large amounts of bitcoins at once but they are gradually increasing their bitcoin investment by investing in the dollar-cost-averaging (DCA) method. But one thing to keep in mind while investing in Bitcoin is that the amount of money you are investing in Bitcoin, if you need money at some point, you have to supply the money without selling your invested Bitcoin
The ease of investing in Bitcoin provides a way for anyone and this is why there is no reason to say that he cannot be involved in investment. DCA does not require the right time to take the accumulation of purchases because this strategy can be done at any time in accordance with the specified period. Keep in mind that relying on this strategy must have consistency because when someone does not do it regularly, the bitcoin they have will never increase. The price of bitcoin is still high enough to accumulate a large amount of purchase and this is sufficient to affect some people who do not have a good and stable financial structure.

DC is a strategy that can be run and we do not need large capital during consistency to do regularly, Bitcoin can increase slowly. Regarding the need for money and does not need to sell bitcoin it can be adjusted, therefore we do not need to invest all the money possessed and can be made percentage so as not to affect the investment we are living.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
SmartCharpa

Activity: 434
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 07, 2024, 07:35:49 AM

Congratulations, mate! This is a huge archivment, I'm so for you, you were able to buy what you had been wanting for a very long time. I know you'll have more fantastic wins in the future. This is still the right time to purchase bitcoin. Those who encourage you will be very proud of you for your efforts, as you believe in and purchased bitcoin based on their motivations. If it weren't for the personal problems you've been dealing for the past months, you should have done so in October. Given the current price of bitcoin, just make sure your investment is for a long term to gain more profits. I'm not sure how much money you have, but if you want to take opportunity of the bull run, you can still buy more. Once more, congratulations, and best of luck for future success.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Mate2237

Activity: 714
Merit: 580

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2024, 07:47:48 AM

DC is a strategy that can be run and we do not need large capital during consistency to do regularly, Bitcoin can increase slowly. Regarding the need for money and does not need to sell bitcoin it can be adjusted, therefore we do not need to invest all the money possessed and can be made percentage so as not to affect the investment we are living.
Yes even though the DCA is good for everyone to invest, the investor will need constant income probably weekly or monthly if not even the DCA can't be effective for the investor. Because the person is using that method because he does not have enough funds to invest at once so what has to do is to look into his income and plan to invest according to the income. And as you said there must be a persistent top up of the DCA to increase the portfolio.

Invest what you can afford to survive and not all the money at once. You can divide the income into two and use one part for the investment and the other part to do things in the family to avoid quarreling. Invest wise.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 07, 2024, 11:51:15 AM

Invest what you can afford to survive and not all the money at once. You can divide the income into two and use one part for the investment and the other part to do things in the family to avoid quarreling. Invest wise.
I hope that he wont do that because I have read some newbies that did invest and did the wrong decision of investing what they cant afford to lose. And when they are in need of money, they were forced to sell the bitcoins that they have bought. While the situation of the market was unfavorable, instead of making a profit, they have made a lost that they have regret. That is why you are right that he shouldn't invest all that he has got.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
rachael9385

Activity: 448
Merit: 300

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2024, 09:01:45 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I agree that a person should not be dipping into his emergency funds for BTC buys, but there could be situations in which it makes sense if there is variability in income and expenses, and there is also a decent sized emergency fund.  There also may be decisions to buy a certain quantity of BTC no matter what, so if the cashflow over several months is fluctuating, the income might not meet expenses, and yet there still might be expectations that the following months or the month after, the emergency fund will be able to be diminished with the short-fall, and part of the reason to have an extra large sized emergency fund is to be able to buy BTC every month/week. . or whatever might be the priority that is pre-established.
Actually, it is not a good idea to do so, but if Incase any one is in such position whereby his or her emergency funds if very very big like $10k or $15k , he might as well use $1k from it just ones, then not try that again.

I was not trying to say that a person has to have an emergency fund prior to buying BTC.  I am frequently saying to start investing in BTC as soon as possible and also I am saying that sometimes more than one thing can be accomplished at the same time, and yeah, there may be risks involved if the emergency fund is not very strong, but there may also be preferences to make sure to invest into BTC on a weekly basis and to build the bitcoin investment, even if there might be an inadequate emergency fund and other ways that the person's finances are fucked up.. such as not having his debt under control...and so maybe he is paying off debt too... .. and sometimes the earliest days of getting your finances and psychology in order can take a bit of time, maybe even 6 months to 18 months, or even longer, but maybe at the same time there is at least a minimum amount of BTC that is bought.. and maybe there was a past practice of not having any emergency fund, so there was a past practice of always panicking and just the creation of an emergency fund is going to bring progress and the more and more that the emergency fund is built, the more aggressive the person likely is going to be able to become in terms of his BTC investing.
Okay,,, now I get the point, like we all know that Bitcoin is heading to the top and looking at the price today, Bitcoin is about $46700k and yesterday it was $47k, this shows that Bitcoin is rising and people should start investing instead of waiting.
Like now, if one is accumulating a $50 Bitcoin weekly it will not be a bad idea but it might be a bad idea if the person just stop accumulating because he or she might not have money to keep accumulating. Sometimes, a lot of people encounter such situations because they don't have a constant cash flow, and for someone who don't have a steady cash flow to safe for emergency cases he or she will also find it very difficult to hold and accumulate Bitcoin.

At the same time, we should not let the perfect be the enemy of the good, and we might end up having way too much cash.
Perfectly said,

On the other side, yeah it can be uncomfortable if the BTC price does not dip and you have money waiting to buy on dips that does not get used, and you have to figure out yourself how you want to treat that money or to readjust your considerations of the setting of your buying price points from time to time in order to attempt to best prepare for what you believe that the BTC price might do in that portion of the money that you have available for that purpose, and at the same time it would not necessarily mean that you stop DCA buying within the terms that you have set for that category of funds..
That's one thing I don't ever want to experience that's why I have to keep one building up the investment instead of waiting for the dip that might no even get dipped.
Ones one have the one to buy there is no need to wait for dip, although everyone have their own ways of investing, just like the way I am using the DCAing method, others might not 2ant to use it like I do.

I have made some similar mistakes in the past, and frequently i have to make some tweaks in order to account for the mistake, and hope that the mistake is not too large... and so sometimes I have mistakenly bought when I meant to sell, and other times I have mistakenly sold when I meant to buy...and sometimes I don't realize that I made the mistake until several hours or even several days later.  I will usually have to figure out some kind of a solution that I consider to be acceptable to wait out a price move that might correct the mistake in one direction or another or I might force some kind of a resolution... and if there are likely fees to take into account, then that would also be something that is calculated into what can be done or should be done.
Interesting.
However, everyone has made a mistake already and most time mistakes are meant to be made because it will help us to learn more about what we made the mistakes for, so that next time will be more careful.
If mistakes are to mode then a lot of people would have not learned what they have learnt today.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
wmaurik

Activity: 2030
Merit: 704

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 09:39:40 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (2)

I hope that he wont do that because I have read some newbies that did invest and did the wrong decision of investing what they cant afford to lose. And when they are in need of money, they were forced to sell the bitcoins that they have bought. While the situation of the market was unfavorable, instead of making a profit, they have made a lost that they have regret. That is why you are right that he shouldn't invest all that he has got.
Investing according to our respective abilities is wise enough in any condition because everyone will never disturb what they have invested when they suddenly need money in their own lives. So that the investment will continue without any obstacles or sell immediately when you need money, but beginners who often make wrong decisions when investing can also learn by themselves through the wrong method so that they can have the right mindset with their next investment in the future by not using all the money just for investment.

███████████████████████████████
█████████
▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███
▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████
▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████
███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀████████
████
███▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████
██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄███████
███████
▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████
▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
RECEIVE BONUS

[ NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED ]
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 03:49:54 PM
Merited by wmaurik (1)

I was not trying to say that a person has to have an emergency fund prior to buying BTC.  I am frequently saying to start investing in BTC as soon as possible and also I am saying that sometimes more than one thing can be accomplished at the same time, and yeah, there may be risks involved if the emergency fund is not very strong, but there may also be preferences to make sure to invest into BTC on a weekly basis and to build the bitcoin investment, even if there might be an inadequate emergency fund and other ways that the person's finances are fucked up.. such as not having his debt under control...and so maybe he is paying off debt too... .. and sometimes the earliest days of getting your finances and psychology in order can take a bit of time, maybe even 6 months to 18 months, or even longer, but maybe at the same time there is at least a minimum amount of BTC that is bought.. and maybe there was a past practice of not having any emergency fund, so there was a past practice of always panicking and just the creation of an emergency fund is going to bring progress and the more and more that the emergency fund is built, the more aggressive the person likely is going to be able to become in terms of his BTC investing.
Okay,,, now I get the point, like we all know that Bitcoin is heading to the top and looking at the price today, Bitcoin is about $46700k and yesterday it was $47k, this shows that Bitcoin is rising and people should start investing instead of waiting.

Personally, I am not so much focused on short-term BTC price moves, even though surely some of that can be taken into consideration; however, the main idea with any investment, including bitcoin is to get the fuck started and don't be diddly daddling around, and sure to do so in a kind of practical and reasonable way.

Sure, if someone's finances is in so much of a mess that every day is emergency mode, then he should get his finances in better order prior to getting started investing; however, it seems to me that an overwhelming number of people are not constantly operating in emergency mode, but instead they have some kind of understanding of their own finances in terms of knowing how much money they generally have coming in and how many expenses that they have, so right from the start they will have a general framework for understanding how much money that they have available each month or each pay period.

However, on the other hand, many people do not really study and practice their personal finances in a detailed kind of way, and when they invest, they likely need to get into better practices regarding both how closely they look at their financial situation but also in regards to both building and maintaining an emergency fund if they had not been in the practice of creating an aggressive emergency fund.. .. so most likely a lot of people know that they keep a certain amount of a float in their finances so that they are not always panicking, so they already know how to do those kinds of things, yet if there is a desire to seriously invest into a volatile asset such as bitcoin, there needs to be more seriousness in terms of buttressing an emergency fund that goes beyond their regular practices.. .. so that building of an emergency fund can be accomplished at the same time as building of the investment, so their is no need to delay getting the fuck started in bitcoin (and I am not talking about FOMOing in merely because the BTC price happens  to be going up, but instead it is always the case in regards to bitcoin that getting started is the thing to do rather than waiting around.. and finding insubstantial reasons to delay).

Like now, if one is accumulating a $50 Bitcoin weekly it will not be a bad idea but it might be a bad idea if the person just stop accumulating because he or she might not have money to keep accumulating.

For sure people have to figure out their own situations, and if they are fairly new to bitcoin and maybe they are investing around 10% of their salary into bitcoin, which maybe is around $50 per week, like you suggested, then it is going to take them around 10 years to have reached a whole year's salary invested into bitcoin.

On the other hand if they had been more aggressive and they are investing around 25%, then they would have a whole year's salary invested in 4 years.

So what they do and how they manage their cashflows in order to make sure that they are able to continue to invest no matter what has to do with various aspects of how regular their income and expenses are and they may find ways to establish minimum amounts that they invest every week and maybe being able to max out at higher rates depending on how much money comes in that week or month or whatever is their pay period.

I frequently suggest to be as aggressive that you are able to be without overdoing it in such a way that you end up losing your bitcoin.. ..... so some of that may have to do with how much cushion exists in an emergency fund that can be being built and maintained at the same time that the BTC investment portfolio is being built.

BTC price is only one of the 9 factors to consider.

These principle individual factors that influence your decision whether to invest into bitcoin and how to invest into bitcoin have financial, skills and psychological components that include:
1)   your cashflow,
2)   how much bitcoin you have already accumulated,
3)   your other investments (including cash reserves),
4)   your view of bitcoin as compared with other investments,
5)   your timeline,
6)   your risk tolerance,
7)   your time, skills, goals (investment/lifestyle targets, which includes figuring out the extent that you are in BTC accumulation, maintenance or liquidation stage),
8 )   your abilities to strategize, plan, research and learn along the way including tweaking strategies from time to time,
9)   your considering your time, your abilities and whether to trade, reallocate from time to time, to use of leverage and/or to use financial instruments... (and for sure the use of financial instruments, leverage and margin trading involve higher level skills and are not even necessary to still become richie in bitcoin's already existing asymmetric bet.)

Note: price fits within number 4.

Sometimes, a lot of people encounter such situations because they don't have a constant cash flow, and for someone who don't have a steady cash flow to safe for emergency cases he or she will also find it very difficult to hold and accumulate Bitcoin.

The more instable (or irregular) the cashflow, then the more need for a larger emergency fund, but the mere fact that someone has a unstable or irregular income does not necessarily mean that he cannot invest into bitcoin.   However, if he does not have enough money to cover his expenses, then he does not have disposable/discretionary income, so he does not have money for investing, and one of the first principles that we already established is that investment money should be coming from funds that are not needed in the next 4-10 years or longer... so if someone is taking money from his expenses or that he would otherwise, need, then he is gambling rather than investing.

On the other side, yeah it can be uncomfortable if the BTC price does not dip and you have money waiting to buy on dips that does not get used, and you have to figure out yourself how you want to treat that money or to readjust your considerations of the setting of your buying price points from time to time in order to attempt to best prepare for what you believe that the BTC price might do in that portion of the money that you have available for that purpose, and at the same time it would not necessarily mean that you stop DCA buying within the terms that you have set for that category of funds..
That's one thing I don't ever want to experience that's why I have to keep one building up the investment instead of waiting for the dip that might no even get dipped.

Well, you might not be in a position to have that problem; however, after you invest 4-10 years or longer, there might be a point in which you are starting to feel that you can change your strategy.  You have to be the one to figure out what is the best strategy for yourself in terms of whether you believe that you have enough BTC or too much BTC or if you might need to balance things out, and I had already mentioned that if you have less than 25% of your annual salary saved up, then you likely do not really need to worry about diversifying beyond having some cash and/or an emergency fund, but maybe once you start to get up to higher levels of BTC accumulation, such as 25% to even 2x of your annual salary into bitcoin, then you might start to want to consider some other strategies and/or variations on your already established strategies, and the level of BTC accumulation or the size of the BTC accumulation that you establish prior to adjusting strategies is likely going to differ for people.. and maybe some people will want to adjust their strategies once they get up to 25% of their annual salary accumulated into bitcoin, and others 100% and others 2x.. and there can also be considerations regarding whether you are changing your strategy based on the amount that you had invested or the current value of your BTC holdings, whether you use the 200-week moving average to value your holdings or if you use the BTC spot price, and personally, I have already argued many times that it is better to value your BTC holdings based on the 200-week moving average rather than BTC spot price, even though you surely can do both.  (you can see some of my discussion and the website in my sustainable withdrawal thread).

Ones one have the one to buy there is no need to wait for dip, although everyone have their own ways of investing, just like the way I am using the DCAing method, others might not 2ant to use it like I do.

Some plans are better than others - both in terms of their practicalities but also in terms of their attempts to tailor the practice to the individual circumstances, and generally, it sounds to me that you are doing the right thing, especially if you are in the earlier times (or years) of your BTC accumulation, your building up of an investment portfolio that maybe is mostly focused on BTC for now. 

I have made some similar mistakes in the past, and frequently i have to make some tweaks in order to account for the mistake, and hope that the mistake is not too large... and so sometimes I have mistakenly bought when I meant to sell, and other times I have mistakenly sold when I meant to buy...and sometimes I don't realize that I made the mistake until several hours or even several days later.  I will usually have to figure out some kind of a solution that I consider to be acceptable to wait out a price move that might correct the mistake in one direction or another or I might force some kind of a resolution... and if there are likely fees to take into account, then that would also be something that is calculated into what can be done or should be done.
Interesting.
However, everyone has made a mistake already and most time mistakes are meant to be made because it will help us to learn more about what we made the mistakes for, so that next time will be more careful.
If mistakes are to mode then a lot of people would have not learned what they have learnt today.

Of course some mistakes are greater than others, and we don't always completely learn from our mistakes or even realize our mistakes in a timely manner, but yeah, if we are trying to improve then we should be figuring out ways to make sure the levels of our mistakes are with our tolerance levels and we perceive ourselves to be making progress, and maybe when you are in your first few years of being involved in bitcoin, you do not have as many experiences or you might not be venturing out, but there are several kinds of parts of bitcoin in which any of us could choose to experiment with various kinds of wallets or various exchanges or various ways to directly interact with people in bitcoin and maybe to figure out if we are going to wait for confirmations before we give bitcoin for cash, and there can be differences if we are a vendor with an established business versus if we are meeting a stranger in the parking lot of a Starbucks.

Investing according to our respective abilities is wise enough in any condition because everyone will never disturb what they have invested when they suddenly need money in their own lives. So that the investment will continue without any obstacles or sell immediately when you need money, but beginners who often make wrong decisions when investing can also learn by themselves through the wrong method so that they can have the right mindset with their next investment in the future by not using all the money just for investment.

A lot of the win or lose scenarios can be ameliorated in regards to position size.... so for example if a guy usually has $200 per month extra that he could invest or do whatever he likes with, and if he is brand new to bitcoin then maybe he would choose to invest $10 per week while he is learning, rather than investing higher amounts, and as he becomes more comfortable, he might start to feel that he can invest more and more and maybe some day even reaching the max amount, which is $50 per week in this hypothetical.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: