Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:06:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When do you take out your investment when in profit?  (Read 762 times)
Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 202

View Profile
December 27, 2023, 11:15:52 AM

Well, it will be a wise decision, when you take the profits you have, or at least take your main capital when you are making big profits. However, many people are greedy when they are in an advantageous position. it's like they hoped the price would go higher, and didn't take the decision to sell some of their investments. Well, it's not wrong, but the risk is very high.
Personally, I often sell when I make a profit, either I sell and take the profit before reinvesting, or I sell to take out my capital, and use the profit to try to take a bigger profit.
Investment on Altcoin is very stressful and complicated, depending on speculations or analysis will not always yield a better results, sometimes the market needs to be face on reality, you take what you see as your profits no longer term holding. The problem is you never can tell the outcome, good or bad we don't know so taking your capital from your investment and investing back the profits is a good idea as you stand the chance of taking no loss and even may give good profits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tmoonz

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 08, 2024, 04:05:13 PM

A lot of my altcoins have pumped over the last month or so and it has got me wondering when the best time is to take out initial investment.

Is it too early to take it out once you have doubled your money , is waiting till you have done a 5x or more too greedy?

My best investment so far has been Myria - I got lucky with this one and bought pretty much at the bottom a few months ago and I took my investment out last week once it did a 10x so I am now holding a bag of Myria with no risk.

I have other altcoins I am holding that I am up 3 or 4x on but have not taken profit yet but thinking of doing so , just take my investment out then I am holding more with no risk.

What does everyone else do when it comes to altcoins?
the volatility of altcoins is not as same as that of Bitcoin, and the aim of every business is for profit maximization. It a good thing am x has been added to your investment  but depending on certain consideration such as:
1)dose the x added satisfied your motive is it what you are looking for?
2)does it worth the risk of leaving it till the next pumb
Investing in altcoin is more like gambling that has much uncertainty, I usually take out my capital and profit and look for a new altcoin with a promising potentials before being caught up. But  you can as well leave it for more pump, is more risky thou the choice is yours.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1386
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2024, 01:32:44 PM

Investment on Altcoin is very stressful and complicated, depending on speculations or analysis will not always yield a better results, sometimes the market needs to be face on reality, you take what you see as your profits no longer term holding. The problem is you never can tell the outcome, good or bad we don't know so taking your capital from your investment and investing back the profits is a good idea as you stand the chance of taking no loss and even may give good profits.

Investment in altcoins is stressful but once it goes higher then its profit is also more than any other coin. We have to take the risk so we will be able to take the benefit but if we are afraid of taking risk then we cannot be lucky enough to get profit from any risky field whereas all investment opportunities are risky. Altcoins can be found better by searching about it but if ignorantly choose any altcoin then we will definitely be in stressful situation therefore take the risk but with known coins instead of choosing any useless coin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 07:08:23 PM

Investment in altcoins is stressful but once it goes higher then its profit is also more than any other coin. We have to take the risk so we will be able to take the benefit but if we are afraid of taking risk then we cannot be lucky enough to get profit from any risky field whereas all investment opportunities are risky. Altcoins can be found better by searching about it but if ignorantly choose any altcoin then we will definitely be in stressful situation therefore take the risk but with known coins instead of choosing any useless coin.
It is true that taking a risk with a coin would be a tough deal, and I understand why some people may have some reservations regarding that situation, it is not really impossible to handle, but the reality is that we are talking about something that may not be all that what it looks like. So we need to make sure that we know what we are doing, and it would be the most important part.

I agree that it is not going to be too simple, and I agree that it is not going to be quick to judge neither, but that is exactly what it is and should be considered a big deal. I believe that we are going to end up with something that would take years to make from bitcoin or anything higher, within span of a few days with something risky, but we could also lose all our money to it as well.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Zanab247

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 08:22:32 PM

Quote from: criptoevangelista
When I buy altcoins, I always think about the projection of them returning to the old historical high, so I think about taking profits in these price regions: ATH

But the strategy is individual, what works for me may not work for you. You have to set goals and targets and be faithful to what you have defined as a strategy.
There are some altcoins you will invest and you will not regret for taking such step because, they move whenever BTC price is moving in the market to give their customers profits to earn.

There are some investors are doing well in short term investment with altcoins and there are some long term investors are not doing well in altcoins investment but doing well with BTC because, everyone has their own choice to make in the crypto investment but make potential projects your investment pay more than new project.

GeorgeJohn

Activity: 1428
Merit: 658

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 09:32:11 PM

Altcoins do increase whenever Bitcoin increases and its obvious that Altcoins doesn't increase without bitcoin having a positive in cryptocurrency, so I believe that bitcoin increment have effects in other cryptocurrencies, because if bitcoin falls today no any other coins that will rise when bitcoin is on red color in the chart, so any altcoins that doesn't have a green color this time will not experience a positivity in the market.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Makus

Activity: 322
Merit: 215

Bitcoin!!

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2024, 10:07:08 PM

Everyone has their own risk management and the kind of actions dey take when they are on pressure. In my own opinion I see altcoin investment as gambling, do any one doing altcoin investment are like to short term traders. However, I believe  we are familiar enough with news and stories about people who buy a coin and then get 10x returns or 5x return. But I'll want you to know that, not all coin turns out to be the same when we talk about profit from our investments. Beside 4x isn't a bad one to take your profit., assuming you where dealing with Bitcoin, then I would have advised to keep holding.
sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 09, 2024, 11:50:23 PM

What does everyone else do when it comes to altcoins?
When I was doing scalping back at the day, I just took like 30% or sometimes up to 50% to cover fees and gain profit. I didn't intend to make huge money with this kind of strategy, I would rather get the profit consistently instead of just wasting my time to chase something bigger but in future runs I got dumped really hard because I have wasted my energy on that trade. It's just me but I'm more into playing really safe when it comes to this.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Questat

Activity: 2828
Merit: 604

View Profile
January 10, 2024, 11:46:22 AM

Everyone has their own risk management and the kind of actions dey take when they are on pressure. In my own opinion I see altcoin investment as gambling, do any one doing altcoin investment are like to short term traders. However, I believe  we are familiar enough with news and stories about people who buy a coin and then get 10x returns or 5x return. But I'll want you to know that, not all coin turns out to be the same when we talk about profit from our investments. Beside 4x isn't a bad one to take your profit., assuming you where dealing with Bitcoin, then I would have advised to keep holding.
X2 is satisfying to me but if if I could see that it is possible to grow more, then I wait.
Investing in crypto isn't all about holding and waiting for more profit but also, we must learn how to analyze the market if we need to hold or sell it now. Many people become victim of waiting more thinking that a particular project will continue to pump but in the end, it even drops more and misses the chance to sell at a profitable price. That is why we know contentment as we are not in control the market trend.

Makus

Activity: 322
Merit: 215

Bitcoin!!

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2024, 01:18:08 PM

X2 is satisfying to me but if if I could see that it is possible to grow more, then I wait.
Investing in crypto isn't all about holding and waiting for more profit but also, we must learn how to analyze the market if we need to hold or sell it now. Many people become victim of waiting more thinking that a particular project will continue to pump but in the end, it even drops more and misses the chance to sell at a profitable price. That is why we know contentment as we are not in control the market trend.

Yeah, the only thing that will help a trader is discipline and satisfaction. You have to be discipline I the sense that, you should know when to quite and when to keep buying especially when it comes to very volatile coins like meme coins. And you should be able to be satisfied with little things, don't expect the all markets to be the same, you should be contented with small profits instead of expecting a 100x profit from a  coin. Greediness is one of the reasons we see people Lossing enough profits even after they got the chance the take their profit at a moderate price.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2024, 01:43:16 PM

When my investment already gain value, I mostly rely on technical analysis on when to take my profit. The simplest thing to do was to determine the support and resistance. When price hit resistance barrier three times and then surpassing the support I would sell it, but sometimes I also watch for some news that might affect the price.

tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 11, 2024, 07:23:01 AM

When my investment already gain value, I mostly rely on technical analysis on when to take my profit. The simplest thing to do was to determine the support and resistance. When price hit resistance barrier three times and then surpassing the support I would sell it, but sometimes I also watch for some news that might affect the price.
This does sound like a proper way to do it, it includes everything, from profit making to indicators to walls, it is really the way to go. Doesn't mean it is the only way, doesn't mean it is the best way, but I can say that it is a good way to do it and I support it.

I believe that we are dealing with something that is not all that easy, and it is going to be a tough deal if we are not careful with it as well. I believe that the best thing to do in this case would be making sure that we are dealing with something that is a little tough to handle. So if you are leaving, if you are getting out, the only risk is the price keep going up, but if you are already in profit, it won't be an issue, and if you are in a loss, try to stay longer and not get out.

Bushdark

Activity: 882
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2024, 07:26:52 AM

There is no specific time when we need to take out our profits. It all depends on what we actually wants and how huge is the profits that we want from a particular trade or investment. It is good for us to know what we are doing and invest appropriately and don't allow greed to inflict it violence on us. We can easily lose our profits to the market if we are too greedy and do not have a self discipline on when we actually want to take our profits from the market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
January 11, 2024, 10:56:49 AM

Well, it's a good strategy and might be useful for OP. however, not everyone has a strategy like this. Many people continue to hold the assets they own and hope the price will rise, even when the price falls very drastically, they still hold it.
However, when I have made 3x or 4x profits, I will probably sell some, and will probably apply the lowest price. When the price of the investment I have has reached the lowest point that I have decided, whether because of FUD, or because of some other reason, then I will probably sell it in the form of stablecoins and do research first on whether I will buy it back, or look for an investment others are more profitable.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
arjunmujay

Activity: 686
Merit: 163

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2024, 01:50:09 AM

If I were a very layman and didn't even know about technical analysis, I would take advantage if my target was met. For example, I buy coin A and I target to take profit if it rises to 100%. or I will take profit if it increases by 50-70% of my capital. and if my target has been met, I will definitely sell everything and take the profits.

radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 12, 2024, 04:38:46 AM

Investing in the right Altcoin that is already popular can certainly minimize the risks, even though all types of investments are very risky, of course, our courage to face these risks will produce satisfactory results.  Many conclude that when the price of Bitcoin increases, several Altcoins will experience the same thing. Recently, several Altcoins have experienced an increase and that is a green light to choose the right Altcoin to consider.

Sr Member

EPSILOAN
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Obim34

Activity: 238
Merit: 202

View Profile
January 12, 2024, 05:46:24 AM

The chances of getting the right Altcoin to invest can be very less currently when there are now records of newest Altcoins with no potential but considering the approval of Bitcoin ETF and halving will certainly have good influence on most Altcoins. Yes, careful search and observations should be proved before investing, this reduces the chances of being scammed.

slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2024, 06:16:13 AM

I think everyone's strategy is different, there are those who only look for a 10-30% profit and then sell it, if you have earned more than 100%, then you are a long term type or you are in a favorable situation because market conditions have gone up over the past 2 months.
huu78

Activity: 1204
Merit: 253

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 12, 2024, 06:27:49 AM

Usually I target only 10% and a maximum of up to 50%, but conditions will be different when a bull market occurs, you can get very high profits when that happens.
So adjusting the situation I think is the right course of action.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Publictalk792

Activity: 294
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2024, 07:24:51 AM

Usually I target only 10% and a maximum of up to 50%, but conditions will be different when a bull market occurs, you can get very high profits when that happens.
So adjusting the situation I think is the right course of action.
It is a good idea to set a goal for your investments. This helps you control the amount of risk you take and stick to a smart investment plan. When you set a specific percentage as your target you are being realistic and not letting yourself get too excited by the market ups and downs.
Investing in any market like cryptocurrencies can be risky. When the market is doing well there may be chances to make more money. But it is also important to think about the possible risks and how the market change much.
So don't be greedy my dear friend always stick on your decision and never slip in to a trap.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄