Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:14:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] JJG Sustainable Bitcoin Withdrawal Strategy  (Read 1360 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10225

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 05, 2024, 01:32:32 AM

Would you rather be a guy who has an average cost per BTC that is ONLY $1k per BTC, but he ONLY has 2 BTC? or a guy who has an average cost per BTC that is $10k per BTC but he has 10 or more BTC?

One of the things that seems to make bitcoin special is that it is an asset that is amongst the best, if not the best, asset that is widely available to the whole world's population, so a goal of accumulating as many as you can within your own means of gathering seems to be more important than figuring out your average cost per BTC...
This is very important. I agree 100%.

The average cost simple doesn't matter. It is an imaginary number in our heads, which has zero consequences.

How much BTC you have (or any other asset) is much more important than how much you paid for it.

If you have 10 BTC now and I have 10 BTC now too, it doesn't make any different if my average price is lower or higher than yours. They are worth the same.

We should never try to guide our decisions based in average prices imo.

In regards to accumulating BTC, from my perspective, there is a really BIG shortage in BTC holders, and the reason for that is because they are spending too much time waiting and not enough time acting, so I cannot see any tool to be helpful in terms of helping guys to engage in more strategizing than they already tend to do in their BTC accumulating process journey.

I also believe it is not correct to say that people who each have 10 BTC is the correct comparison, even though technically you are correct, yet I think that the main issue is that there may well be guys of more or less equal means, and some of them are more aggressive in their BTC accumulation than others, and surely it pays to be aggressive, and so part of the point is that one of the guys is going to end up with more BTC than the other, and the sooner he gets started accumulating BTC, the more he is likely to accumulate, yet there still can end up being cases where a more aggressive investor will be able to catch up, even if he comes to BTC later. 

In one of my posts within the past week, I attempt to outline those kinds of examples in one of my posts in which I compared the examples of three different guys, and to try to show their main difference was their level of aggressiveness and when they found out about bitcoin

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MusaPk

Activity: 644
Merit: 198

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2024, 03:56:13 PM

Bitmover, I just realized that we might also need a DCA strategy tool for buying bitcoin Smiley But that would depend on many things like your current income and what percentage of it you would like to spend.

In addition to that, maybe it can even have some sort of dynamic DCA that looks at moving averages which will influence the amount of bitcoins someone will need to buy.

I think DCA is more about learning how much return Bitcoin has given in past years on specific amount. Like if someone has invested 10$ per week for 5 years then there are tools already available that can tell you how much profit one has gained. Based on that historical data one can adjust his investment strategy for DCA.

Thankfully, signature campaigns are somewhat of a DCA for me.

Signature campaigns are not only DCA for the account owners but they also provide an easy way for persons to acquire Bitcoins specially in areas where buying Bitcoin is forbidden for different reasons.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: